MS, Nintendo, or Sony - who has the best first party as of right now?

• 73 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MS, Nintendo, or Sony - who has the best first party as of right now? (91 votes)

MS 9%
Nintendo 57%
Sony 34%

I think Sony edges out Nintendo slightly, especially with the acquisition of Insomniac Games. PS4 owners get games like God of War, Last of Us, Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost of Tushima, Dreams, Gran Turismo and more. Nintendo is great, but aside from Mario or Zelda, there's the usual Smash Bros and Mario Kart type release. And as for MS, their first party has been lacking for a while. But you know that.

So what do you think, SW? Who has the best first party out of the big three?

• 
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19550 Posts

Easily Nintendo, and it isn't even close.

Think about it this way: if you only played first-party titles, you'd have a much better time with the Switch than the PS4. The PS4 has massive droughts between good first party games.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Planeforger said:

Think about it this way: if you only played first-party titles, you'd have a much better time with the Switch than the PS4. The PS4 has massive droughts between good first party games.

Bro WERE CURRENTLY IN A NINTENDO DROUGHT theres no games coming except crap like animal crossing for little kids and mom gamers.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Feeling insecure again :(

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Nintendo, easily.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19550 Posts

@ProtossRushX: In the last six months, we've had Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion 2, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Brain Training, and Dragon Quest 11S (published by Nintendo).

Next month we'll get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Animal Crossing (which is a fantastic series - I'll have heaps of fun playing it with my fiance).

In contrast, the PS4 has had Death Stranding, MediEval, Concrete Genie, Dreams, and Nioh 2 next month (published by Sony in most regions).

So...as I said, Nintendo always solidly releases first party content. Sony typically has huge droughts.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Nintendo survives ONLY because of its exclusives. PS and Xbox have to compete for hardware specs.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Nintendo, not really close.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55896 Posts

Nintendo and this isn't up for discussion either.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Sony already has a GOTY material at very beginning of this year with Dreams, next is TLOU 2

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

There is only a wrong answer and it’s MS

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44938 Posts

@Basinboy said:

There is only a wrong answer and it’s MS

:p

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8360 Posts

By a landslide, definitely not Microsoft.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9475 Posts

Recently it's been Nintendo, and it really isn't even close.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@davillain-: Eh, I'd say you could have a good discussion about it. We won't here cause this site (not you) is a dumpster fire of trolls and complete nonsense, but I could see it swaying in favor of either Nintendo or Sony. Both put out a lot of exclusives, lots of them are highly rated and goty winners, and both have droughts at times between said exclusives.

Me personally I would pick Sony, but I can fully understand why somebody would pick nintnendo because they're doing an awesome job as well on this front.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

nintendo

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts

Quantity of Good Exclusives: Sony

Quality of Good Exclusives: Nintendo, but only by a small margin

Quantity and Quality of owned IP that they should really do more with and could take over the gaming landscape if they tapped into it: Microsoft.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

Nintendo gets my vote.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15868 Posts

Sony gets my vote ofcourse, they have Bloodborne and others do not have Bloodborne.

More serious answer, Sony because of the 3 console publishers Sony is the only one having the balls to invest in new IP and even gone into indie territory for its exclusives like Concrete Genie, Dreams and Resogun. The other 2 publishers just iterate the IP they have and I really dislike that. Also, Sony has Bloodborne.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@sakaixx said:

Sony gets my vote ofcourse, they have Bloodborne and others do not have Bloodborne.

More serious answer, Sony because of the 3 console publishers Somy is the only one having the balls to invest in new IP and even gone into indie territory for its exclusives like Concrete Genie, Dreams and Resogun. The other 2 publishers just iterate the IP they have and I really dislike that. Also, Sony has Bloodborne.

I know right, I mean MS keeps churning out games from well known franchise such as Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, ReCore, Ori, Project Spark, Lococycle, Cuphead etc.

And Sony hasn't made Uncharted 4 or remastered any of the other ND games, no new Gran Turismo, no yearly Baseball game, no Killzone sequels this gen, no Last of Us 2 etc.

Sony is brilliant.

/sarcasm.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sakaiXx

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

More serious answer, Sony because of the 3 console publishers Somy is the only one having the balls to invest in new IP and even gone into indie territory for its exclusives like Concrete Genie, Dreams and Resogun. The other 2 publishers just iterate the IP they have and I really dislike that. Also, Sony has Bloodborne.

I know right, I mean MS keeps churning out games from well known franchise such as Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, ReCore, Ori, Project Spark, Lococycle, Cuphead etc.

And Sony hasn't made Uncharted 4 or remastered any of the other ND games, no new Gran Turismo, no yearly Baseball game, no Killzone sequels this gen, no Last of Us 2 etc.

Sony is brilliant.

/sarcasm.

Very brilliant indeed. Amazing work Sony getting everyone else salty can't wait for next gen ;-)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@sakaixx said:
@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

Sony is brilliant.

/sarcasm.

Very brilliant indeed. Amazing work Sony getting everyone else salty can't wait for next gen ;-)

Should of got Sony to help you cross the road.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21695 Posts

Sony. Microsoft has nothing, and Nintendo rarely makes the type of games that I like anymore.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sakaiXx

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:
@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

Sony is brilliant.

/sarcasm.

Thanks for ori on nintendo though I finally played it and it was admittedly has an amazing story.

not gonna lie that is a nice gif. Poor guy though hope he survive that..

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_p_daily: Oh look its our resident dipshit lol. Yeah I guess MS didn't put out Halo 20, Gears 5, Forza 7, Forza Horizions 4, Master Chief Collection, etc etc etc...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

I'll give the edge to Nintendo atm... but I'm very curious to see the calibre of games all Xbox's studios will put out over the next few years. Could leapfrog Nintendo for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: Oh look its our resident dipshit lol. Yeah I guess MS didn't put out Halo 20, Gears 5, Forza 7, Forza Horizions 4, Master Chief Collection, etc etc etc...

I quoted someone who said that MS doesn't have the balls to fund new IP's and I proved him wrong, I also proved him wrong that Sony also like to make sequels, both of what I stated was FACTS.

If you actually to the time to read what was said you would have seen that, but you saw my name and attack, attack, attack and made yourself look like a dickhead in the process congrats lol.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#29 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

Even for all it's missing, it's Nintendo. Do I want F-Zero to return? Oh hell yes! But that said, Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/Smash/Donkey Kong/Kirby are still holding it and Metroid is on a road to recovery after Other M/Federation Force

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Sony doesn't have droughts

We got FF7 Remake hitting we got tons of games just flowing in and nintendo is drought city animal crossing brain age doesn't cut it it just doesn't compared to ff7 remake

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I think its Sony

I think most people on this thread are saying Nintendo is because of the nostalgia of the 70s, 80s and 90s video games/characters like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon etc

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@ProtossRushX: FF7R isn't first party and it's only a timed exclusive.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

nintendoooo

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sakaiXx

@i_p_daily said:
@vfighter said:

I quoted someone who said that MS doesn't have the balls to fund new IP's and I proved him wrong, I also proved him wrong that Sony also like to make sequels, both of what I stated was FACTS.

If you actually to the time to read what was said you would have seen that, but you saw my name and attack, attack, attack and made yourself look like a dickhead in the process congrats lol.

All 3 do sequels which I never deny. All I am saying sony does new IP consistently right now of the 3 and actually have the balls to put money into big productions like Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn and Ghost of tsushima as well as smaller projects like Concrete Genie. Also backfired like how order 1886 happened.

Though on microsoft project spark etc etc I admit totally forgot they existed or was a microsoft production due to it being multiplat and how microsoft regressed into producing just Halo Gears Forza again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@sakaixx said:
@i_p_daily said:
@vfighter said:

All 3 do sequels which I never deny. All I am saying sony does new IP consistently right now of the 3 and actually have the balls to put money into big productions like Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn and Ghost of tsushima as well as smaller projects like Concrete Genie. Also backfired like how order 1886 happened.

Though on microsoft project spark etc etc I admit totally forgot they existed or was a microsoft production due to it being multiplat and how microsoft regressed into producing just Halo Gears Forza again.

For starters Bloodborne a big production, really?

There has only been 1 new Halo game this gen and 2 Gears games which is less than last gen, while there has been a heap of Forza's but if you like Forza like I do i'm happy and they're quality games, just like you would of been happy if there were 2 or 3 Bloodbornes this gen.

MS has invested into indies also like Ori, Cuphead, Below etc. And a LOT of MS investments in new IP's hasn't gone to plan either, so they are losing more money on them then what Sony is, so MS are taking a bigger risk with half the player base to recoup their investments.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying Sony hasn't invested into new IP's i'm just saying you need to make sure when you make a bold statement like that others haven't, then you better fact check before you do otherwise you look foolish.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sakaiXx

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:
@i_p_daily said:
@vfighter said:

There has only been 1 new Halo game this gen and 2 Gears games which is less than last gen, while there has been a heap of Forza's but if you like Forza like I do i'm happy and they're quality games, just like you would of been happy if there were 2 or 3 Bloodbornes this gen.

MS has invested into indies also like Ori, Cuphead, Below etc. And a LOT of MS investments in new IP's hasn't gone to plan either, so they are losing more money on them then what Sony is, so MS are taking a bigger risk with half the player base to recoup their investments.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying Sony hasn't invested into new IP's i'm just saying you need to make sure when you make a bold statement like that others haven't, then you better fact check before you do otherwise you look foolish.

Yes of course Bloodborne a big production.

I will make a bold statement again. Sony invested into new IP both AAA and indies and did not regress to what they known for unlike MS but I admit I did really enjoyed Forza Horizon 3 & 4.

Do hopefully MS give more freedom to the new studios they own though.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#37 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17763 Posts

Sony has had the best first party since PS2. Nothing has changed.

AJuiceMatts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AJuiceMatts
Member since 2019 • 88 Posts

when all 3 are at their best, Nintendo is King

And will always be as such.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I am having a great time (and getting my Butt kicked) with Ring Fit Adventures right now. I do love me some first party Nintendo. They have the balls to make some very weird stuff. Workout RPG? Yes please! Love it.

dorecia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dorecia
Member since 2020 • 7 Posts

I think MS, cause for me MS game can be played on 2 type of machine: xbox and pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@sakaixx said:
@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:
@i_p_daily said:
@vfighter said:

Yes of course Bloodborne a big production.

I will make a bold statement again. Sony invested into new IP both AAA and indies and did not regress to what they known for unlike MS but I admit I did really enjoyed Forza Horizon 3 & 4.

Do hopefully MS give more freedom to the new studios they own though.

Nah BB was not a AAA game, that game wouldn't have had the budget the likes of what ND had for UC4 & the upcoming The Last of Us 2, or the budget of Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War etc.

That's not a bold statement you're just repeating the wrong one from earlier lol.

I do wish the Coalition was given freedom to do something else, as Playground has a second team now working on an RPG, Rare are making a new IP for next gen, and Ninja Theory are making a sequel for next gen and a new IP also, and we will have to wait & see what the other first party devs are up to in the future, so MS is slowly moving in the right direction,

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34468 Posts

Seriously?

God of War? Worse than the older ones.
Last of Us? Currently there's one acclaimed game. And it's not my taste.
Spider-Man? Batman Arkham clone starring Spider-Man? Come one, dude.
Horizon? Average open world game. Nintendo has a much better one.
Ghost of Tsushima? Ah. Listing "incredible" games that aren't even released. Regular Sony fan stuff.
Dreams? I'm about 99% sure that Mario Maker 2 is more fun.
Gran Turismo? Lol..

I know you Sony fans would like Sony to dethrone Nintendo, but this is just silly.

I also like how you didn't mention Bloodborne, pretty much the only good first party shit Sony has.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Nintendo, the other two can't touch it when it comes to first-party.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@Planeforger said:

Bro WERE CURRENTLY IN A NINTENDO DROUGHT theres no games coming except crap like animal crossing for little kids and mom gamers.

Are you serious right now?! Last year had a AAA exclusive title nearly every month for the Switch. We got Yoshi's Crafted World, Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 3, Zelda Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Luigi's Mansion 3.

That is a lot of (mostly) first party output in a short period of time. Switch deserves a break. And I am sure they will have more games coming this fall.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Depends on what you like but... why is Microsoft listed?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55896 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

Sony is brilliant.

/sarcasm.

Sorry Daily but, Sony is indeed the only out of the big 3 taking risks when it comes to investing new IP games and this is pretty much well known and Nintendo comes second when it comes to new IP established.

@vfighter said:

@davillain-: Eh, I'd say you could have a good discussion about it. We won't here cause this site (not you) is a dumpster fire of trolls and complete nonsense, but I could see it swaying in favor of either Nintendo or Sony. Both put out a lot of exclusives, lots of them are highly rated and goty winners, and both have droughts at times between said exclusives.

Me personally I would pick Sony, but I can fully understand why somebody would pick nintnendo because they're doing an awesome job as well on this front.

Oh I too been enjoying PS4 exclusives myself. I just like how Nintendo does well in terms of gameplay and believe me, I'm hype to play TLOU2 more so. (If that game had been out by now, I would've voted Sony because of TLOU2 is here...but it's not)

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@ProtossRushX said:

@nintendoboy16: Sony doesn't have droughts

We got FF7 Remake hitting we got tons of games just flowing in and nintendo is drought city animal crossing brain age doesn't cut it it just doesn't compared to ff7 remake

Switch is the best by far not even ps4 or pc can compete with it, so many games just oceans of games

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17775 Posts

@mojito1988: brilliant isn't it? only nintendo could think up this crazy stuff. sure other companies have done fitness exercise games (it's hardly a new idea) but RFA is really well thought out.

initially i wrote it off but when the choice between it and pool membership came up i decided to give this a whirl. glad i did :).

i am also getting my ass handed to me bit it (currently have to stop running due to an issue with the back of my feet and silent mode is not as effective :S). should keep me honest though :P.

anyway yeah: nintendo....by a beeping mile.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

If you want to play your games: Nintendo. Tho sony has their moments, Dad of War is pretty good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

Sony is brilliant.

/sarcasm.

Sorry Daily but, Sony is indeed the only out of the big 3 taking risks when it comes to investing new IP games and this is pretty much well known and Nintendo comes second when it comes to new IP established.

The examples in this quote chain prove you wrong.