uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35541 Posts

People sucking from straws make loud noise, haha, humour.

Ms. Marvel revealed as main character of Marvel’s Avengers video game

Not only is Ms. Marvel in Marvel’s Avengers but she’s the main protagonist, as the release date for Iron Man VR is also announced at NYCC. If you’re going to announce news about new Marvel video games then the place to do it isn’t necessarily E3 or Gamescom but an event like the New York Comic Con. That’s exactly what Marvel and Square Enix did and while Kamala Khan, aka Ms. Marvel, has already been teased as part of the upcoming Marvel’s Avengers what nobody knew until now is that she’s the main character. In the game’s version of the Marvel Universe, which is not the same as the Cinematic Universe, Kamala gains her powers during the ‘A-Day’ disaster that kicks off the game’s plot and leads to the Avengers disbanding. Kamala develops shapeshifting powers and it’s her that apparently discovers the conspiracy behind what really happened on A-Day and helps to bring the team back together. It’s implied that Kamala is the first character you get to play (although perhaps after the tutorial-like section we played in August) with others being added as the story continues.

Who is Ms. Marvel? Although the mantle of Ms. Marvel has existed since the 70s, Kamala’s first appearance in comic books was only in August 2013. A teenage American Muslim from New Jersey, and daughter of Pakistani immigrants, she’s become one of the most popular new characters of recent years, thanks to her bubbly personality and fangirlish attitude towards the rest of the Marvel Universe. She has appeared in video games before, most notably the Lego Marvel Super Heroes games and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and is tipped to be a major part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe going forward – possibly appearing in the sequel to Captain Marvel (although she idolises Captain Marvel, in the comics the origin of Kamala’s powers don’t actually have anything to do with her she’s actually an Inhuman). Marvel’s Avengers will be released on 15 May 2020, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Stadia.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 8760 Posts

>She has become one of the most popular characters of the universe.

And including only recent ones, no one gives a shit about comics anymore.

Yeah that’s utter bullshit.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uninspiredcup

Donno who that is, thought it was Brie Larson.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1538 Posts

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 31717 Posts

For a game it makes perfect sense to play as the underdog and not say Iron Man or Thor as a main character.

Assuming she is an underdog though, lol, I just don't really know who she is.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 832 Posts

Lol this may be a pass.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38584 Posts

It seems dumb considering Carol Danvers who already has a movie about her was the original Ms. Marvel and that the fans making the Captain Marvel movie chose her to be "Captain Marvel" instead of any of the actual characters who were actually Captain Marvel well before. I personally enjoy Captain Marvel movie and I have no problem with Ms. Marvel inclusion. I do have a problem with how much they hyped this event up only to have a C-list character announced when literally any other Avenger would have been more exciting. This game clearly began development during a time when Marvel thought the Inhumans were going to be the next hot thing.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10739 Posts

LOL. Iron man is main protagonist of avengers and im not even avengers fan.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#9  Edited By Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6156 Posts

Lots of bias here. Coolyfett doesnt like the character personally, but she has the right to lead a game. She was on the roster for Ultimate Alliance 3 & Coolyfett found her uninteresting, but this is Marvels chance to bring some substance to the character. This explains why the Averages game looked as if it played on rails in a linear format. Coolyfett is still on the fence about this game, but not because of Ms Marvel's inclusion.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 396 Posts

I guess it's good for them to focus on one particular target audience rather than trying to appeal to everyone.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1501 Posts

Mehh don’t really care one way or another. Game is still a huge wait and see for me, and I am a huge marvel fan!

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 5455 Posts

Make an Avengers game centered around one of the most boring characters possible, absolutely genius.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:

LOL. Iron man is main protagonist of avengers and im not even avengers fan.

Tony Stark heroin addict in this game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54034 Posts

That's... Odd. Well, it's not really, but we'll just say that. It's certainly a weird direction for an Avenger's game, considering the MCU.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3218 Posts

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup

Now our avatars all fucked up, can barely read the tiny text with signatures bigger than the posting space and 40% of the right side of the screen taken up by nothing.

Loading Video...

SaltSlasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SaltSlasher
Member since 2015 • 1348 Posts

WTF...when people said Kamala Khan was in Avengers, I thought they were talking about Captain Marvel.

I'm pretty big Marvel fan, but last time I checked Captain Marvel was a guy, I knew there was a girl version but I thought she was Miss Marvel, then this movie came out and been slowly figuring it out here and there.

Like I just got Ms. Marvel 18-29 from a local shop and just looked and its Kamala, I didn't even realize it says Ms., thought they were Captain Marvel. Since I'm really new to her stuff, I really don't understand, I thought she was a shape shifter, but the comics I have, say shes like Mr. Fantasitc. and stretchy.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 5361 Posts

Crystal Dynamics, please go back to Tomb Raider

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44598 Posts

Ms Marvel actually seems like a pretty cool character. I've always enjoyed the mind-over-body type characters, people that can morph into things or shapeshift or turn their hands into hammers or something. It's just goofy enough to be entertaining, but also still kind of cool.

@davillain- said:

It seems dumb considering Carol Danvers who already has a movie about her was the original Ms. Marvel and that the fans making the Captain Marvel movie chose her to be "Captain Marvel" instead of any of the actual characters who were actually Captain Marvel well before. I personally enjoy Captain Marvel movie and I have no problem with Ms. Marvel inclusion. I do have a problem with how much they hyped this event up only to have a C-list character announced when literally any other Avenger would have been more exciting. This game clearly began development during a time when Marvel thought the Inhumans were going to be the next hot thing.

Maybe they're hedging their bets in the girl-power department?

Captain Marvel was by far the worst MCU movie so far, and it really turned a lot of people off of Captain Marvel. Brie Larson also alienated a lot of people, including her fellow cast members.

Maybe Ms Marvel is the backup plan if they decide to cut her loose.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 1718 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Now our avatars all fucked up, can barely read the tiny text with signatures bigger than the posting space and 40% of the right side of the screen taken up by nothing.

Loading Video...

Yeah I feel the same. I don't like to be the guy that complains about new changes on Gamespot but this new layout is terrible.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44598 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Hahaha you're lucky. The forum itself is literally a 5-inch strip down the middle of my screen. There's about 5 inches of nothing to the left top to bottom, and about 10 inches of nothing to the right.

More room for ads, I guess.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1022 Posts

so it’s just gonna be a mr fantastic game

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 213

#23 Jag85  Online
Member since 2005 • 13675 Posts

Last I heard, she was supposed to be one of the main characters, not the main character.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jag85  Online
@ocinom said:

so it’s just gonna be a mr fantastic game

Or a One Piece game?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#25 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6156 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

Crystal Dynamics, please go back to Tomb Raider

Ha ha ha ha ha this shit if funny!!

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25596 Posts

"thanks to her bubbly personality and fangirlish attitude towards the rest of the Marvel Universe"

Cool, this is exactly what everyone wants as their main protagonist in any sort of media.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 uninspiredcup

From the trailers she isn't the only potentially shit character, they are trying really, really (way to hard) to emulate the movie banter.

The thing about the Arkham games, they took inspiration than straight up emulated. It still felt like it's own entity.

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

"thanks to her bubbly personality and fangirlish attitude towards the rest of the Marvel Universe"

Cool, this is exactly what everyone wants as their main protagonist in any sort of media.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5419 Posts

No one cares about her or the fact they picked who they did to play her... This is more false narrative.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11169 Posts

Can't make anything now without having some type of virtue signaling.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 847 Posts

@saltslasher said:

WTF...when people said Kamala Khan was in Avengers, I thought they were talking about Captain Marvel.

I'm pretty big Marvel fan, but last time I checked Captain Marvel was a guy, I knew there was a girl version but I thought she was Miss Marvel, then this movie came out and been slowly figuring it out here and there.

Like I just got Ms. Marvel 18-29 from a local shop and just looked and its Kamala, I didn't even realize it says Ms., thought they were Captain Marvel. Since I'm really new to her stuff, I really don't understand, I thought she was a shape shifter, but the comics I have, say shes like Mr. Fantasitc. and stretchy.

If you were a big Marvel fan, I would expect that you would know that the Male Captain Marvel has been dead for over 35 years now. Carol Danvers dropped the Ms. Marvel name in the early 80's as well. She has been using the Captain Marvel name for nearly 10 years now in the comics.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24486 Posts

I have never heard of her.

Pretty sure I don't want to play a movie game starring her.

Crystal Dynamics also aren't very good.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 23616 Posts

Nothing against that character in particular but this game looks like an Anthem style disaster to me.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#33 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 36641 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Can't make anything now without having some type of virtue signaling.

And here we go with the reaching...

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11169 Posts

@nintendoboy16: not reaching. Just take a look at things like X-Men dark Phoenix, and Captain Marvel. Two great stories butchered because of supposed oppression.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 uninspiredcup

I'd rather have a character I don't recognise than some knock-off made-for-tv Avenger that just ends up being really off-putting.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1026 Posts

Reminds me of MGS2 demo playing as Snake.

And when full game released you get to play as Raiden

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jag85  Online

@speedytimsi: Same here. MGS2 is the first thing that came to mind. The legendary badass Solid Snake got replaced by the rookie fanboy Raiden a few hours into the game... And MGS2 ended up becoming one of my favourite games of all time.