MS is Watching: DRM Interrupts Killer Instinct Tournament!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#1 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Yep. Did you really think it was gone?

http://www.fgcnn.com/2013/12/microsoft-is-watching-drm-interrupts.html

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/486682548?t=3h44m02s

Avatar image for Joedgabe
#2 Edited by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

Nice credible source ;)

You should have just linked this "Nycfurby" Twitch.tv channel.

Avatar image for killatwill15
#3 Posted by killatwill15 (855 posts) -

its that epic netcode!

XBOunity is going to cry to his mother after this one

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#4 Posted by StormyJoe (7544 posts) -

@xboxdone74:

OMG! I should believe this guy, who has NO SOUCE to provide it. Yeah, I should believe someone who calls Xbox owners "x-f*gs".

If you believe this stuff, I have some land to sell you.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#5 Edited by lamprey263 (34421 posts) -

"FGCNN staff skipped over purchasing an XBox One to instead purchase a low-end $400 Gateway computer, as performance was better"

hard to take this source seriously

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#6 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@xboxdone74:

OMG! I should believe this guy, who has NO SOUCE to provide it. Yeah, I should believe someone who calls Xbox owners "x-f*gs".

If you believe this stuff, I have some land to sell you.

Did you not follow the link to the Twitch vid? :-/

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/486682548?t=3h44m02s

Avatar image for LegatoSkyheart
#7 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29573 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

Nice credible source ;)

You should have just linked this "Nycfurby" Twitch.tv channel.

That's pretty messed up.

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#8 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

Nice credible source ;)

You should have just linked this "Nycfurby" Twitch.tv channel.

I'm not a baby sitter. The link was in the article. Some folks just don't want to see it.

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#9 Edited by StormyJoe (7544 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@xboxdone74:

OMG! I should believe this guy, who has NO SOUCE to provide it. Yeah, I should believe someone who calls Xbox owners "x-f*gs".

If you believe this stuff, I have some land to sell you.

Did you not follow the link to the Twitch vid? :-/

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/486682548?t=3h44m02s

@xboxdone74 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@xboxdone74:

OMG! I should believe this guy, who has NO SOUCE to provide it. Yeah, I should believe someone who calls Xbox owners "x-f*gs".

If you believe this stuff, I have some land to sell you.

Did you not follow the link to the Twitch vid? :-/

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/486682548?t=3h44m02s

Yes. I watched the video. From start to finish. Did you? They guy talking (as annoying as he was), mentioned that most people were playing off-line. He was the only one who had problems. Also, when he did have a problem, his immediate comment was "What do I do, I don't have an Xbox and don't know where to go."

Who knows what he pushed? Worst case, this was a bug in the DRM removal, more than likely it was him not knowing what he was doing because he did not have an Xbox One, and therefore had no experience in how to use one. Once he resigned in as a guest, he could play the game, though.

I always have a laugh when I see people who have no idea about the XB1 post videos thinking "OMG! Look how bad it is". It really gives me an insight into the cognitive abilities of the TC.

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#11 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

I couldn't get past the ridiculous intro and this guy's annoying accent. The video is completely unwatchable.

Good thing there are links before the vid so you don't have to watch it. :)

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#13 Posted by StormyJoe (7544 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@farrell2k said:

I couldn't get past the ridiculous intro and this guy's annoying accent. The video is completely unwatchable.

Good thing there are links before the vid so you don't have to watch it. :)

****. Now I have to read!?

Why bother? I already disproved the video. TC is just a cow being a cow...

Avatar image for Dreams-Visions
#14 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26578 posts) -

Watch the moment it happened on the Twitch feed.

Unacceptable. It didn't happen in the middle of a round (it waited until the match was over), but that's really not the point. And if this indeed HAD been held at a venue where wifi or a hard wired connection was unavailable, this kind of thing could have put a very long pause in the middle of a match. I'm imagining someone having to disconnect the One, drive home where they have a TV and wifi to connect and test it on, verify their ownership, then come back to the venue.

Something people and organizations looking to hold tournaments based on XOne games/consoles will have to plan for (by having secure wifi on site), but it shouldn't be a problem in the first place...which was the point.

Hopefully this will be addressed better in future UI and OS updates.

Oh a side note, the guy hosting the twitch channel made me laugh. "Xbone pls..."

Avatar image for uevenliftbro
#15 Edited by UevenLiftBro (77 posts) -

lmao believing microsoft

I guess Microsoft did a ...

360

Avatar image for handssss
#16 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@farrell2k said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@farrell2k said:

I couldn't get past the ridiculous intro and this guy's annoying accent. The video is completely unwatchable.

Good thing there are links before the vid so you don't have to watch it. :)

****. Now I have to read!?

Why bother? I already disproved the video. TC is just a cow being a cow...

you didn't disprove shit. you are speculating what might have happened while instantly placing all of the blame on the announcer just because he doesn't personally own an Xbox One.

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#17 Posted by StormyJoe (7544 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

Watch the moment it happened on the Twitch feed.

Unacceptable. It didn't happen in the middle of a round (it waited until the match was over), but that's really not the point. And if this indeed HAD been held at a venue where wifi or a hard wired connection was unavailable, this kind of thing could have put a very long pause in the middle of a match. I'm imagining someone having to disconnect the One, drive home where they have a TV and wifi to connect and test it on, verify their ownership, then come back to the venue.

Something people and organizations looking to hold tournaments based on XOne games/consoles will have to plan for (by having secure wifi on site), but it shouldn't be a problem in the first place...which was the point.

Hopefully this will be addressed better in future UI and OS updates.

Oh a side note, the guy hosting the twitch channel made me laugh. "Xbone pls..."

Is it a bug? IDK. What I do know is that if you watch the whole video, the guy talks about how almost everyone at the tournament is off line; yet he was the only one who had a problem.

So, the issue isn't exactly wide spread is it? That little tidbit of info changes things...

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#18 Posted by StormyJoe (7544 posts) -

@handssss said:

@StormyJoe said:

@farrell2k said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@farrell2k said:

I couldn't get past the ridiculous intro and this guy's annoying accent. The video is completely unwatchable.

Good thing there are links before the vid so you don't have to watch it. :)

****. Now I have to read!?

Why bother? I already disproved the video. TC is just a cow being a cow...

you didn't disprove shit. you are speculating what might have happened while instantly placing all of the blame on the announcer just because he doesn't personally own an Xbox One.

Almost everyone else was also offline, and he was the only one who had a problem. You are taking a single issue, that you don't even have all the information for, and acting like it is systemic.

Avatar image for Truth_Hurts_U
#19 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9703 posts) -

Man that guy acts like a total moron.

He needs to lay off the drugs.

But as for the DRM BS... That's why I will never buy digital on consoles.

Avatar image for Dreams-Visions
#20 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26578 posts) -

junked.

Avatar image for Dreams-Visions
#21 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26578 posts) -

Update.

The truth has come out. They were playing on a secondary console thus the game needs to be online/verified. In other words, it wasn't being played on the One it was purchased for. There is no DRM check in if you play it on your primary console. The system is working as intended in this case.

Avatar image for zaire_nxtgen720
#22 Posted by Zaire_nxtgen720 (83 posts) -

lmao Hard8. Dude's a moron and a coward. I

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
#23 Edited by deactivated-58abb194ab6fb (3984 posts) -

You know, for someone the doesn't like MS or the Xbox brand in general, why is all your post about MS or the Xbox consoles?

Avatar image for Jankarcop
#24 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

the woman in the corner of that youtube has far too much fat in that ass, its nasty

Avatar image for navyguy21
#25 Edited by navyguy21 (14699 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

the woman in the corner of that youtube has far too much fat in that ass, its nasty

lol, WHERE??

EDIT: Nevermind...........just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Avatar image for Zen_Light
#26 Posted by Zen_Light (2143 posts) -

THANK GOD I didn't buy that garbage console!

Avatar image for ronaldmonster
#27 Edited by ronaldmonster (1110 posts) -

Love my Xbox one but this isn't any different than the DRM scheme on Xbox 360 where if you aren't on the purchasing console there is a 24 hour check in period.

Either way.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#28 Edited by ronvalencia (25410 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Yep. Did you really think it was gone?

http://www.fgcnn.com/2013/12/microsoft-is-watching-drm-interrupts.html

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/486682548?t=3h44m02s

He doesn't know what's a DRM. LOL. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

DRM is applied on the current Xbox 360 and PS3. Hint: PS3 Jailbreak = jail.

The specific DRM type that contacts the internet is "Always On-DRM" . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always-on_DRM

Avatar image for tormentos
#29 Posted by tormentos (26634 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

Update.

The truth has come out. They were playing on a secondary console thus the game needs to be online/verified. In other words, it wasn't being played on the One it was purchased for. There is no DRM check in if you play it on your primary console. The system is working as intended in this case.

DRM was drop for used games,it doesn't have to check,xbox one games work on all consoles like 360 games and PS4 games,that was part of the DRM and i am pretty sure MS drop it.

Avatar image for _Matt_
#30 Edited by _Matt_ (10433 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

If you believe this stuff, I have some land to sell you.

I don't believe this stuff... But I'll take the land if it's still on offer :P

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#31 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

LOL. Sony has the same bull with the PS4/10

Avatar image for whatsazerg
#32 Posted by whatsazerg (1087 posts) -

LOL TLHBO

for all those claiming it isn't true.... WATCH THE FREAKING VIDEO! PROOF provided within....

So happy with my PS4 =D

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#33 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

And this is why they should have released a retail version of Filler Shitstink.

With this and the busted netcode revelations, any chance this had of being a tourney game has been destroyed.

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#34 Edited by StormyJoe (7544 posts) -

@whatsazerg said:

LOL TLHBO

for all those claiming it isn't true.... WATCH THE FREAKING VIDEO! PROOF provided within....

So happy with my PS4 =D

Why don't you do what you say? If you watch the WHOLE VIDEO, the guy mentions that there are a lot of people playing off line - yet he is the only one having a problem.

Who's been owned? YOU'VE BEEN OWNED.

Avatar image for whatsazerg
#35 Posted by whatsazerg (1087 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@whatsazerg said:

LOL TLHBO

for all those claiming it isn't true.... WATCH THE FREAKING VIDEO! PROOF provided within....

So happy with my PS4 =D

Why don't you do what you say? If you watch the WHOLE VIDEO, the guy mentions that there are a lot of people playing off line - yet he is the only one having a problem.

Who's been owned? YOU'VE BEEN OWNED.

LOL... nope.... TLHBO.

Guy in the video can't possibly know that others aren't having the problem, what does he have a list of XB1 owners and go home to home?

Actually given the nature of the problem... everyone will have it... its not a bug... it was put there ON PURPOSE BY M$!

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#36 Edited by StormyJoe (7544 posts) -

@whatsazerg said:

@StormyJoe said:

@whatsazerg said:

LOL TLHBO

for all those claiming it isn't true.... WATCH THE FREAKING VIDEO! PROOF provided within....

So happy with my PS4 =D

Why don't you do what you say? If you watch the WHOLE VIDEO, the guy mentions that there are a lot of people playing off line - yet he is the only one having a problem.

Who's been owned? YOU'VE BEEN OWNED.

LOL... nope.... TLHBO.

Guy in the video can't possibly know that others aren't having the problem, what does he have a list of XB1 owners and go home to home?

Actually given the nature of the problem... everyone will have it... its not a bug... it was put there ON PURPOSE BY M$!

I am glad you have a PS4. I do not want someone as dumb as you on XBL.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
#37 Posted by deactivated-58abb194ab6fb (3984 posts) -

lol so now the the facts came out about what happened, XboxDone is no where to be found huh.

Avatar image for blackace
#38 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -

 

Avatar image for shellcase86
#39 Edited by shellcase86 (3367 posts) -

Tragedy

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
#41 Posted by deactivated-58abb194ab6fb (3984 posts) -

@StormyJoe: Exaclty.....Priceless.