MS is making it very easy to choose a next gen console

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

If even half of the rumors concerning the NextBox are true, I can thank my lucky starts i wont have to waste any money on two next gen systems at the end of the year. PS4 wins my hard earned cash.  No next gen Kinect crap for me. If i am really lucky, Nintendo will step it up with enough awesome games for WiiU that i wont have to consider any other system this year. Do you guys really think the next box will be as lame as the rumors suggest?

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Do you guys really think the next box will be as lame as the rumors suggest?

Videodogg

Well, I really don't know, and it really doesn't matter to me. 

I think there just needs to be one great console per gen. 

This gen the 360 served me very well. Next gen I'll pick whichever one suits me the best. I don't mind who gets the glory as long as one console is glorious. 

Obviously PC is always consistently excellent. 

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
You can't b that surprised, MS have been taking the casual and gimmicky approach since 08. Maybe they're suffering from the same arrogance that Sony had going into this gen.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

who cares about rumors?

the bottom line is if it has games i want i buy it and if it does not i don't buy it.

you guys tend to get this shyt backwards and worry about everything in the world other than what you get to play.

sw is all "oh! mah emotions they are the #1 concern! what will mah heart tell me about the ps4 and nextbox! oh imma swooning with emotion over here!"

720OwnsPS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 720OwnsPS4
Member since 2013 • 132 Posts

They have made it very easy for me. 720 all the way.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

You're basing this entirely off of rumors. Wait until actual details come straight from MS before you jump to conclusions

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
The only rumour that caught my attention is the banning used games one. I won't be buying any console that has that feature, for sure.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

As long as it has Halo, Forza, and XBLA titles I am getting the next XBOX. To me all of the other exclusives are just bonus games. I get more 3rd party games anyways and Sony's first party titles did nothing for me this gen except for the ones that Sony left collectiong dust like Heavenly Sword, Wipeout HD, and Twisted Metal.

S-Jenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 S-Jenson
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Sony has spent this entire gen expanding their already substantial first party meanwhile ms has been carelessly throwing their money away securing timed exclusive dlc.. And now their going toe to toe with the beast with no headstart, no price advantage and very little first party backup. The only ones with the talent to stop the playstation are Nintendo and they are missing in action at the moment but i expect them to come back very aggressively in the coming months.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22653 Posts

Rumors dude... rumors.  I heard the other day from a very reliable source that the PS4 excretes the smell of a chimps scratch-bag when turned on.  Apparently, the new PSKinect watches the bones of the individuals in the room and steralizes them.  Oh and the new PSN network only operates while eating tuna sandwiches on pumpernickle... rumors dude...

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Don't trust anything that doesn't come from the company itself...

Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Speedzilla
Member since 2012 • 1732 Posts

Well any sensible person with a brain would get a PS4 after the juggernaut PS3.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]Do you guys really think the next box will be as lame as the rumors suggest?

psymon100

This gen the 360 served me very well. Next gen I'll pick whichever one suits me the best. I don't mind who gets the glory as long as one console is glorious. 

God, you have just been on point lately. Pretty much how I feel Right now though, I kind of want to get a WiiU. :cool:
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]Do you guys really think the next box will be as lame as the rumors suggest?

mems_1224

God, you have just been on point lately. Pretty much how I feel Right now though, I kind of want to get a WiiU. :cool:

Thank you kindly mems. 

If you got a Wii U what games would you get for it? Mine probably gets less than one hour of use per week. 

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts
[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]You can't b that surprised, MS have been taking the casual and gimmicky approach since 08. Maybe they're suffering from the same arrogance that Sony had going into this gen.

Was going to say the exact same thing.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="BigBoss255"]You can't b that surprised, MS have been taking the casual and gimmicky approach since 08. Maybe they're suffering from the same arrogance that Sony had going into this gen.

But there's nothing yet official. We've heard the "no used games" initiative rumors about sony too... We've heard motion controls and advanced eye toy rumors as well. There is literally nothing to report until the 20th... If the ps4 has it's shiit together, I'll get one. Though, with that said, I feel like we're heading into another generation that will ultimately share 95% of its library again...
Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

Speedzilla
So I take it you won't be getting a PS4 then!
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Microsoft is turning their next console into a total train wreck. I wouldn't touch that thing with a hundred foot pole.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="BigBoss255"]You can't b that surprised, MS have been taking the casual and gimmicky approach since 08. Maybe they're suffering from the same arrogance that Sony had going into this gen.

But there's nothing yet official. We've heard the "no used games" initiative rumors about sony too... We've heard motion controls and advanced eye toy rumors as well. There is literally nothing to report until the 20th... If the ps4 has it's shiit together, I'll get one. Though, with that said, I feel like we're heading into another generation that will ultimately share 95% of its library again...

But that 5% is key to me as I have a gaming PC :P
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheEroica  Moderator

Microsoft is turning their next console into a total train wreck. I wouldn't touch that thing with a hundred foot pole.

Bigboi500
Quit trolling :P
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Rumors sprouted up, prior to the Xbox 720 rumors, about the PS3 having in-game advertising, and also blocking used games.

Why does everyone forget this?

As far as I'm concerned everyone who believes these rumors is stupid. Just wait until MS, or Sony actually confirms this stuff.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Bigboi500
It's still only rumours tho. It sounds pretty sucky at the minute alright but how often do rumours come true?
Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Speedzilla
Member since 2012 • 1732 Posts

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

Duckyindiana

Day fcking 1. Locked and loaded :D

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"] Was going to say the exact same thing.

But that 5% is key to me as I have a gaming PC :P

sure... I gotta get me one of those. maybe this is the gen. I've only been gaming 30 years. haha. I'm excited to see NEW Ip this gen and I think MS will put some bullets out there to support the new console. We'll see!
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheEroica  Moderator

Rumors sprouted up, prior to the Xbox 720 rumors, about the PS3 having in-game advertising, and also blocking used games.

As far as I'm concerned everyone who believes these rumors is stupid. Just wait until MS, or Sony actually confirms this stuff.

Ly_the_Fairy
literally just typed that... it's true.
Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

[QUOTE="Duckyindiana"][QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

Speedzilla

Day fcking 1. Locked and loaded :D

Hang on you clearly said a "any sensible person with a brain" so why on earth are you getting one! :P

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

TheEroica

Cow's have a short memory.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

clyde46

question is am i in before the lock!?!?!?! noticed the mods are shutting some down!

Cows just happen to have the strongest desire to wishful think about everything, even when its not going so well...  

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clyde46
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] literally just typed that... it's true.

question is am i in before the lock!?!?!?! noticed the mods are shutting some down!

Inb4 lock? Now we can continue.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Cow's have a short memory.

:lol: and I edited above!
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] question is am i in before the lock!?!?!?! noticed the mods are shutting some down!

Aye, but truth be told, Cow's spent much of this gen on the receiving end of some vicious bashing from Sheep and Lemmings so I guess they are getting their own back.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

TheEroica

These reports aren't being made from thin air... and the dev kits have been around long enough for people working with them to confirm these things being said about them. We all knew Kinect was going to be a big part of the next Microsoft console, so that alone is enough for me to say with certainty that I have zero interest in their products that have Kinect as a main feature.

Microsoft is greedy enough to be the only one to charge for online play, so why not block used games too? If Sony pulls this crap too I won't be buying that system either.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

last time i checked the next sony console is also rumored to block used games :?

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

Based on the rumours, yeah it ain't looking too great. Hopefully once things get revealed officially its more positive. But as of now, PS4 is looking much more appealing. But even if all of these rumours are true, I'll probably still end up buying one because it will still have games I would want to play most likely.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Eh, nothing is official.  I'll wait until the thing is actually released before I make a decision.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
I would wait for jurge until we see what those console have in stack
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Bigboi500

These reports aren't being made from thin air... and the dev kits have been around long enough for people working with them to confirm these things being said about them. We all knew Kinect was going to be a big part of the next Microsoft console, so that alone is enough for me to say with certainty that I have zero interest in their products that have Kinect as a main feature.

Microsoft is greedy enough to be the only one to charge for online play, so why not block used games too? If Sony pulls this crap too I won't be buying that system either.

While I'll be the first to tell you that rarely do we hear a rumor that doesnt have at least a shred of truth, but that said, There is nothing at this point that lends credence to one mythical console being better than the other mythical console and I simply can't feel anything other than neutral at this point. Both companies have things that they need to flesh out for me to board their hype train.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Inb4 lock? Now we can continue.

Aye, but truth be told, Cow's spent much of this gen on the receiving end of some vicious bashing from Sheep and Lemmings so I guess they are getting their own back.

True, and it literally flipped them out... actually, to be honest, I can't say ive seen anything like cow behavior on the internet for these past 7 years. So much pain... but every faction gets kicked from time to time.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#39 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i think i will get the ps4 first, yeah if even half the rumors are true then the xbox is kind of screwing up
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Rumors dude... rumors.  I heard the other day from a very reliable source that the PS4 excretes the smell of a chimps scratch-bag when turned on.  Apparently, the new PSKinect watches the bones of the individuals in the room and steralizes them.  Oh and the new PSN network only operates while eating tuna sandwiches on pumpernickle... rumors dude...

TheEroica
You are taking this in a very good way i see..:lol:
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

last time i checked the next sony console is also rumored to block used games :?

lawlessx
It's actually not.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Scared to think I was hyping the PS4 to no end until recently.  PS fans go way overboard on the hype.  People are only setting themselves up for disappointment, you should always expect the worst, hope for the best.

Still think the PS4 will be incredible though.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#43 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

You can't b that surprised, MS have been taking the casual and gimmicky approach since 08. Maybe they're suffering from the same arrogance that Sony had going into this gen. BigBoss255

Unfortunately true.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

If even half of the rumors concerning the NextBox are true, I can thank my lucky starts i wont have to waste any money on two next gen systems at the end of the year. PS4 wins my hard earned cash.  No next gen Kinect crap for me. If i am really lucky, Nintendo will step it up with enough awesome games for WiiU that i wont have to consider any other system this year. Do you guys really think the next box will be as lame as the rumors suggest?

Videodogg
PS4 may come with dual camera Eyetoy.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Yep. PS4 will definitely be my choice if it turns out like this gen with the Sony console being far superior in every important aspect.
quidy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 quidy123
Member since 2012 • 111 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

FIipMode
It's actually not.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-01-03-sony-patent-would-suppress-second-hand-sales
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

ronvalencia
PS4 may come with dual camera Eyetoy.

Good, Move is 100 times better than Kinect and completely optional. I dont have a problem with Motion controls, just the horrible arm waving Kinect which is rumored to be mandatory and required to operate the Nextbox.
youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#48 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

rumors

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
This topic post is just stupid. NEITHER console has been announced. How can it be easy to choose when you don't know anything about either one that is 100% fact. Really??
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
[QUOTE="FIipMode"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

quidy123
It's actually not.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-01-03-sony-patent-would-suppress-second-hand-sales

That's not a rumor.