regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Sagemode87: let what go? posting information that ruins your narrative?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@regnaston said:

From Reddit .. no idea where the person got it from

Yeah you got it from redit.

And not from this link.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/digital-foundry-article-technical-discussion-2020.61533/page-132

Which i share some 40 minutes on this thread here.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/assassins-creed-valhalla-digital-foundry-compariso-33512222/?page=3#js-message-123

40 minutes ago..

It was available before these dates but they are not allowed to submit games for certification before these dates. Dirt 5 developer actually said that.

Per Fafalada (Dev)

GDK/gamecore was introduced in 2019. It's easily more mature than anything xbox consoles launched with in the past 3 gens. Of course, there's always improvements going to be coming all the way up to launch, but that goes for all consoles, ps5 quite clearly has stuff coming in hot as well.

It was introduce in 2019 you can drop the act, weren't you asking for some one to be ban for posting false things?

What did i tell you a few days ago about your bullshit posting without Links?

By the way Fafalada is a DEVELOPER.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

If true they could have waited until spring 21 for release. It's not like they have games ready to go and with consoles not being central to them they could have waited. They don't even have enough machines to meet demand.

But anyway, it's not like the console is broken just not performing as expected. I'm still happy with my purchase and none of the titles so far were titles I was planning on buying so wtv. I just hope Cyberpunk is not a mess and performance is acceptable.

And we have to keep in mind that most studios have been hit hard by covid19.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70042 Posts

I hate when folks violate NDA. It makes shit harder for everyone else. And just to educate the ignorant, GDK is the upgrade from XDK. At no point was the SDK for the system missing action. Now, whether its finalized or not it is a different issue all together.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:

I hate when folks violate NDA. It makes shit harder for everyone else. And just to educate the ignorant, GDK is the upgrade from XDK. At no point was the SDK for the system missing action. Now, whether its finalized or not it is a different issue all together.

The more you try to make people look like ignorant, the more desperate you look.

GDK were deliver in 2019, you simply could not summit your game for certification, which is not quite the same.

So far have Dirt developer saying the GDK is just missing few thing he like, claims speed even improved from the migrations of SDK tools to GDK.

Another developer cheerleading for the xbox dev kit tools and saying that even with no optimization they should be on par with PS5.

Matt and Fafalada both saying GDK is not so NEW as some people are trying to say.

And you who simple live here picking fight with blind fanboys such as my self😂and defending MS instead of making games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So who should i believe?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11196 Posts

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: ahahahaah. Perfect meme for Regnastooge

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

Finally some Factual info. Thanks TC for setting the record straight. :P

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Nonstop-Madness  Online
Member since 2008 • 12342 Posts

It's possible that the GDK isn't as mature as the PS5's SDK at this point.

Ex. I don't think VRS is being used on Xbox games besides maybe 1st party games. I'm sure third-party games will start to use it down the line once the tools are easier to use or perhaps when they get the time to implement it.

That being said, this whole situation boils down to 1) devs need more optimized tools and 2) they need to use the latest and greatest tech like for instance VRS.

That goes both ways; it's not an only Xbox thing. The PS5 SDK will very get better over time as well and, we'll maybe see things like VRS or VRS-type implementation.

The XSX will probably come out on top once all is said and done but, it'll really come down to which devs best utilize the tech that's available.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tormentos

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Epic this remind me of one we use here for clone01 asking for gamertags to prove people owned an xbox 360..

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phlop_Spencer

This is really Cope Thread V2.0

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@tormentos said:

The more you try to make people look like ignorant, the more desperate you look.

GDK were deliver in 2019, you simply could not summit your game for certification, which is not quite the same.

So far have Dirt developer saying the GDK is just missing few thing he like, claims speed even improved from the migrations of SDK tools to GDK.

Another developer cheerleading for the xbox dev kit tools and saying that even with no optimization they should be on par with PS5.

Matt and Fafalada both saying GDK is not so NEW as some people are trying to say.

And you who simple live here picking fight with blind fanboys such as my self😂and defending MS instead of making games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So who should i believe?

Oh! Look, you were just recently informed about something I knew about since November of last year. I guess, validating your ignorance is your comeback argument. 😂🤣

Avatar image for the6millionlies
The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15 The6millionLies
Member since 2020 • 564 Posts

@regnaston: Remember that only sony fanboys fraudulent claims and sketchy forum post can be accepted as fact or just let them distort what X people say to fit their narrative. Remember plop spencer keeps claiming PS5 has Zen 3 CPU, some others RDNA3..

H4L90O0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By H4L90O0
Member since 2020 • 14 Posts

To me this makes perfect sense, i can see why It would be confusing to Sony fanboys that don't understand basic logic, the ps5 sdk is basically an update ps4 dev kit which they have had the hands on for over a year, the information above clearly states that Series X dev kits have not been out that long which is understandable for saying the gpu's have literally just come out with the new architecture,

H4L90O0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 H4L90O0

@the6millionlies: Do you think he is being serious or does he actually think the ps5 has features that the brand new amd gpu's don't have? Haha

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@h4l90o0 said:

To me this makes perfect sense, i can see why I would be confusing to Sony fanboys that don't understand basic logic, the ps5 sdk is basically and update ps4 dev kit which they have had the hands on for over a year, the information above clearly states that Series X dev kits have not been out that long which is understandable for saying the gpu's have literally just come out with the new architecture,

😑GDK is the evolutionary upgrade from XDK in the same manner the PS5 dev tools are an evolutionary upgrade to the PS4. I don't believe the issue is with regards to the devkit. The devkit is fully functional. Yes! They are refining and optimizing specific features but its not deficient.

If I am to speculate, what we are seeing is wide versus narrow in GPU performance. Because the Series X GPU is wider (look up the context) it requires better usage of all of the CUs because its running each slower. The PS5 GPU is faster but narrower, which allow for easier maxing out of the GPU than a wider GPU. There are pros and cons to each. A game that utilizes the wider GPU to its fullest will easily outperform the narrower GPU. However, its easier to fully utilize a narrower GPU than a wider. Keep in mind this is speculation and over simplification of what is happening behind the scenes. Things get even more trickier when you bring the new Mesh Shader (Geometry Engine) into play.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phlop_Spencer

@the6millionlies: It amuses me that 80% of your posts have my name in them, but I never claimed Zen 3 anything. The rage induced by Xbox Series X being the objectively weaker console has clouded your memory.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@phlop_spencer said:

@the6millionlies: It amuses me that 80% of your posts have my name in them, but I never claimed Zen 3 anything. The rage induced by Xbox Series X being the objectively weaker console has clouded your memory.

That is factually false. 😎

H4L90O0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 H4L90O0

@Pedro: if that's the case then why do the launch games look like they need a bit more time in the oven on the series x

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@h4l90o0 said:

@Pedro: if that's the case then why do the launch games look like they need a bit more time in the oven on the series x

You will need to elaborate.

H4L90O0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 H4L90O0

@Pedro: perfect example is on assassin's creed on the DF analysis the frames drop alot more on the series x when they are walking around in the game with a torch equipped than it does on the ps5, that shouldn't be the case.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

xbox serious x the most powerful console on the planet

meanwhile ps5 warehouse looking like a giant set of lego as brickstations get sent back quicker than you can say 3rd place

hah

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The6millionLies

@h4l90o0: He is serious , yet he haven't show us evidences.

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The6millionLies

@phlop_spencer: You are the only one that came after me with silly and childish insults , you make the claims about PS5 using Zen3 ( haven't prove it yet ) and I will remind you every single time you post so COPE.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Phlop_Spencer

@Pedro said:
@phlop_spencer said:

That is factually false. 😎

Refer to my Cope Thread, this forum, all head to head comparisons and DF conclusions to support my statement.

bring your tissue box bud.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@phlop_spencer said:

Refer to my Cope Thread, this forum, all head to head comparisons and DF conclusions to support my statement.

bring your tissue box bud.

I know you don't like facts but the fact is that you are wrong.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phlop_Spencer

@Pedro: fact: PS5 superior performance in almost all multi platform games tested to date.

Xbox series X second to PS5 in power and performance.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@h4l90o0: yeah I heard they got dev kits last week

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pedro

@phlop_spencer said:

@Pedro: fact: PS5 superior performance in almost all multi platform games tested to date.

It really doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Phlop_Spencer

@Pedro said:
@phlop_spencer said:

It really doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true.

I dont need to repeat anything. just A simple internet search will do. I’m sorry you’re suffering again from taking Ls, especially this early on in the gen my man. LOL

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@phlop_spencer: You can post gifs, images and repeat the same thing over and over. It still will not be true. 😂🤣

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tormentos

@Pedro:

Sure you did.😂😂😂