MS gave Sony a little push in the right direction....

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The title has a fanboy spin (since it omits the fact we were given a heads up that a media update was coming to PS4 this week). It also makes a lot of assumptions on technology updates as well as forgets the PS3 had 3D Blu-Ray playback this entire time but whatever.

---

PS3 has 3D Blu-Ray support so it's about time these new machines catch up.

My PS3s are still the media hubs for my various HDTVs, and I also enjoy the official Blu-Ray Bluetooth remotes with them. These next gen consoles I use for games until they demonstrate a reason to play Blu-Ray movies on them over still amazing PS3 Blu-Ray player.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Theres barely any incentive to purchase one in the first place.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

No, but never heard about it until MS announced it....it could have been ready but maybe they were holding on. Of course it doesn't take 3 days add 3D.

This update was for "stability" when it was announced....now it also adds 3D. Hmmmmm.

Just because you didn't heard it doesn't mean it was coming and people has been asking sony for it,sony just didn't have a date for it.

If sony could do flash updates to beat MS i am sure the PS4 would have more features now than the xbox one dude.

It was never say it was just stability dude.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Suppaman100: If it wasn't for MS your beloved PS4 would not be what it is today....you can't deny that. That is because of the competition MS provided.

If MS leaves the console market, even though the X1 is what the 3rd fastest selling console of all time? It would be a sad day.

I don't give a shit what Jim Sterling says...is he supposed to be somebody? MS had a plan, gamers revolted....they changed that plan because of that backlash. They did panic a bit with kinect but I guess it's paying off....I for one would not want the X1 without the functionality that kinect brings. It is the center of my gaming/living room like MS intended.

If it wasn't for sony your precious xbox would not even exist..lol

No is not the 3rd fastest selling console unless you are talking about US. which will change soon if those sales don't rise soon.

Competition is good for the market,if MS is gone nothing will happen Sega went away and nothing happen,so did Atari and others.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

No, but never heard about it until MS announced it....it could have been ready but maybe they were holding on. Of course it doesn't take 3 days add 3D.

This update was for "stability" when it was announced....now it also adds 3D. Hmmmmm.

Just because you didn't heard it doesn't mean it was coming and people has been asking sony for it,sony just didn't have a date for it.

If sony could do flash updates to beat MS i am sure the PS4 would have more features now than the xbox one dude.

It was never say it was just stability dude.

Yeah just happened that the date is now, all of a sudden...okay

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 chikenfriedrice

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Suppaman100: If it wasn't for MS your beloved PS4 would not be what it is today....you can't deny that. That is because of the competition MS provided.

If MS leaves the console market, even though the X1 is what the 3rd fastest selling console of all time? It would be a sad day.

I don't give a shit what Jim Sterling says...is he supposed to be somebody? MS had a plan, gamers revolted....they changed that plan because of that backlash. They did panic a bit with kinect but I guess it's paying off....I for one would not want the X1 without the functionality that kinect brings. It is the center of my gaming/living room like MS intended.

If it wasn't for sony your precious xbox would not even exist..lol

No is not the 3rd fastest selling console unless you are talking about US. which will change soon if those sales don't rise soon.

Competition is good for the market,if MS is gone nothing will happen Sega went away and nothing happen,so did Atari and others.

If it wasn't for the Magnovox Odyssey none of them would exist lol...that's not what I mean....I'm talking about pushing each other to innovate and out do one another.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Lems are just struggling to find a reason to exist within this changing climate, lul.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

sony gave MS a huge push in the right direction!

now MS talk about games, games, games

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 chikenfriedrice

@lglz1337 said:

sony gave MS a huge push in the right direction!

now MS talk about games, games, games

I know! And now Sony talks about TV...weird shit.

fyron256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 fyron256
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

@Suppaman100:

Wow you're dumb. I'll try to find the quote but I guess you forgot when it was Kaz or one of the Sony execs who said "we do not think the online gaming space will be an integral part of gaming"

This was during the Xbox vs ps2 era when MS was taking it serious refusing to accept dial-up. Ahhhh the memories I can still here that lovely 56k ping ping noise from the ps2 network adapter.

Also the Xbox One is owning the psBore this fall/holiday. You truly sound like an idiot saying MS is no comp for Sony.

....and if you're talking about sales let's see where the numbers are after the holidays. Heck the XOne hasn't even released everywhere yet. So yeah like I said you sound dumb.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: "Lems are just struggling to find a reason to exist within this changing climate,"

Ouch... A low, but accurate blow.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Not really a big deal since smart tv's have pretty much made 3d tv's obsolete.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

MS basically pushed Sony in the right in some direction all gen last gen. If it weren't for MS we probably wouldn't have had a PS3 that was as powerful, with strong online integration, probably no standard HDD (except as a peripheral add-on for people that play SOCOM) and instead proprietary memory cards, probably no online updates, no online store, no DLC, no demos, no online streaming video integration, less focus on console/PC multiplatform development, no party chat, no friends lists, no concave analog tips or party chat on the PS4. It might have just been a beefier PS2 in the end, after all the only thing they'd of had to compete with would have been the Wii. I think a few of Sony's mistakes last gen was that came with the costs of the PS3, using both the Cell and Bluray, and I think they pushed that in an attempt to set themselves apart from Microsoft. If MS wasn't in the competition who knows what might have happened, maybe it would have been just a beefier PS2. Heck, maybe that might have been an interesting turn of events. Maybe the smaller Japanese developers wouldn't have been alienated from making games for the PS3 had it not been so complex and costly to develop for, after all it's not like those that bought into the Wii fad bought 3rd party games. Maybe there would have been full PlayStation BC. Maybe Japan wouldn't have become so handheld centered. Maybe Sony would have been in more of a manageable financial pickle.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

One less thing for people to moan about, even though very few will use it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

So two updates in one week? I hope Sony tests these updates out so they don't brick your console. ;)

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Comp is a good and bad thing. I doubt sony would have charged for online gaming but xbots showed them that people were dumb enough to do it. Ms also show that there was a market for dlc,themes,advatars basically xbots were willing to pay for almost anything.

MS milked xbots so hard on the 360 that the xflop came with always on drm and a spycam making it where xbots did NOT even own the disc they bought. MS has push Sony to adopt many of these cash grabs and I don't think it was a good thing.

If I did not use windows to play games I would never buy another MS product ever again.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I think Sony gave MS a kick in the ass in the right direction, lol.

Back in 2009 MS sold itself out with Kinect(lol) and had an abortion of a reveal for Xbone then got knocked the **** out by SONY causing MS to shitcan its whole vision of the Xbone and play catch up with SONY, the gen8 leader,

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8050 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Agreed. MS was the cause of this. That's why competition is a good thing folks.

MS isn't "good" competition though.

Look, I could fanboy on and on about playstation all day, but it's obvious that Sony are holding back updates on purpose. If MS announces they are doing it, and Sony says it will be in an update next week just after MS said, then it's obvious that they already had it ready, and was waiting for high demand. And MS gave them the incentive to do so.

MS may not be the best possible competition right now, but some of the games they are getting like Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, Forza H2 etc are at least competing with TLOU R, DriveClub, LBP3, and the likes.

So ya know, no need to troll 24/7.

That's just speculation, nobody knows why Sony is slow at updates. But that doesn't really matter...

The point is that MS is bad competition, they helped to trun the industry into a wrong direction.Or do you like paying for online? (I'll speculate too) Chances are PS4 would still be free of charge for online play if it wasn't for MS. And let's ignore the DRM, 24/7 online,...they wanted to push onto the industry...

MS never really cared about games, they just wanted to "own" the living room but they failed...

MS should leave the market and a better competitor should enter the market. But LOL if you think MS is "good" competition though.

You are trippin....You don't think MS offered good competition with the 360? They took a big chunk of Sony's user base. Sony was cocky and arrogant with the PS3 and MS took advantage of that. MS was the same with the X1 and Sony is taking advantage of that now, but they realized they effed up and are correcting it. This gen is far from over and for you to think some other company can just jump right in and be competition is ridiculous.

L O L at comparing Sony's former situation with the X1, they are not comparable.

Was Sony arrogant? Yes, they have some lolworthy quotes. But their product at the time, the PS3, was good an offered a lot of value. (cheapest Blu-ray player, free online, built in wifi,...) And in the end they overtook 360.

MS's situation is totally different. This is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR worse than Sony's post 2005's arrogance. MS backpaddled on every vision they had for Xbone. It's so pathetic that some of you are praising MS for something they should've done in the first place...focus on games. In Jim Sterling's words; the Xbone is a failure machine. And Xbone brings nothing to the table, because MS dumped kinect and their vision for the Xbone, now we're left with a pathetic weak box that stands for nothing. Xbone is not like the PS3. Xbone has nothing to top PS4 at all, if MS doesn't fix its first-party support for the Xbone it will be even more pathetic than now.

And LOL if you think this gen hasn't already been decided. I think it could be MS's last console, MS wanted to own the living room and failed with Xbox to do that. Also with the new CEO in place at MS, this is a very realistic option. Shareholders won't be too happy if MS keeps throwing money in a botomless pit, that is Xbox.

So let me ask you a question: What would have been the better "pure gaming machine" for hardcore gamers and Sony fans?..

A $399 PS3 without Bluray or a $599 PS3 with Bluray?.. every GAMER at the time, the same GAMERS that you PS4 fanboys claim to be now, said they didn't give a damn about MOVIES and they'd rather spend that extra $200 on GAMES.. f*ck Bluray!!.. just like you GAMERS are saying that you don't give a damn about KINECT and you'd rather spend that extra $100 on GAMES.. f*ck Kinect!!

You can't just sweep this parallel under the rug under the idea of "value".. just like gamers "don't want Kinect", GAMERS DIDNT WANT BLURAY!!.. gamers didn't want to have to pay an extra $200 for a PS3 in comparison to a 360 simply because Sony wanted to win the MOVIE format war with HD-DVD.. again, GAMERS did not care about MOVIES just like you claim that GAMERS don't care about TV integration or Kinect..

Your hypocrisy and rabid fanboyism is borderline disgusting.. Listen up carefully: NEITHER of these companies is perfect and NEITHER of these companies care about you.. They just want your money.. Period..

Based upon Sony's success with the PS2, they got arrogant with the PS3, decided to push their own NON-GAMING agendas, got their butt kicked, and learned their lesson with the PS4..

Based upon Microsoft's success with the Xbox 360, they got arrogant with the Xbox One, decided to push their own NON-GAMING agendas, got their butts kicked, now they've learned their lesson with their current Xbox One approach..

Its the same damn story yet you act like Microsoft is the only gaming company that has made this mistake.. you also try to pretend like Microsoft has somehow "ruined the gaming industry" with paid online, multimedia features, and motion controls.. well, let me let you in on a few secrets sir:

The original PlayStation was the first true mainstream "multimedia" gaming console that played both video games and music CDs and it was made by SONY.. The PS2 took multimedia to a whole new level and introduced a gaming console that can also play DVD movies.. that console was made by SONY.. And SONY took a crap on top of all of it's loyal PS2 fanbase by shoehorning Bluray HD movie playback into the PS3 and made all of us GAMERS, who didn't give a crap about HD MOVIES, pay an extra $200 for the privilege of helping them win a format war against HD-DVD!!!..

The original Wii was the console that introduced motion controls to gaming and the company that made the Wii was NINTENDO.. sure, both Sony and Microsoft jumped on the bandwagon with PS Move and Kinect, but NINTENDO introduced motion controls for "casual gaming"..

And SONY didn't have to make PS4 players pay for online just because Microsoft was charging for it first.. SONY could have just kept their service free.. But you know and I know that Xbox Live was a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, better service than PS2 Online and PSN on PS3 and people were willing to pay for that better service.. and the only reason why you are paying for PSN now on PS4 is because SONY realized that people are willing to pay for online multiplayer if it's locked behind the paywall of a good service.. PERIOD.. SONY realized that people are willing to pay and we can make money off of this.. PERIOD.. PS Plus on PS3 was still pushing out great free and discounted gaming content without having people pay for the online multiplayer portions of their games.. and guess what?.. THERE WAS NO REASON WHY ONLINE MULTIPLAYER COULD NOT HAVE REMAINED FREE ON THE PS4 ASWELL!!!.. SONY decided to make you pay for something that they had already established as being something that they can easily provide to you for FREE!!.. and what did hypocritical PS4 fanboys like you do?.. Apologize for Sony, make excuses for Sony, and applaud Sony for being more like Microsoft..

Believe me, I know that you aren't going to read this "wall of text" and you're just going to reply with some more fanboy BS in order to re-write history, apologize for Sony's mistakes, then crucify Microsoft for making those same mistakes.. go ahead, feel free.. but in the back of you mind, if you have any level of logical intelligence, you know I'm right and you're wrong..

EDIT: and the next time you talk about how "horrible" DRM, online authentications, used game restrictions, and etc are, ask a Steam user how "horrible" Steam is.. that's clearly the direction Microsoft was going in because everyone knows that digital is the future and Steam has a model that makes digital games sales work for consumers.. People LOVE Steam.. Microsoft just f*cked up their message with arrogance.. instead of being humble and saying "hey, we're trying to be like Steam", they said "don't worry about it, trust us, you'll like it".. Steam proves that DRM isn't a s dirty word.. You'll figure that out once Sony adopts a digital model based around DRM in the PS5..

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Back in 2009 MS sold itself out with Kinect(lol) and had an abortion of a reveal for Xbone then got knocked the **** out by SONY causing MS to shitcan its whole vision of the Xbone and play catch up with SONY, the gen8 leader,

Sony tried to get the casuals too in 2009 with Move(lol) and MS plan for the Xbone tried to do something innovated but people weren't ready for the future.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

3D lol.....................

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Heil68

@xhawk27 said:

@Heil68 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Sony tried to get the casuals too in 2009 with Move(lol) and MS plan for the Xbone tried to do something innovated but people weren't ready for the future.

Everything I said is factually correct, while you resort to straw man arguments and dont acknowledge the current gen 8 leader, SONY and the PS4.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

I'm all for Sony and MS pushing each other towards a future of great gaming in Gen8. Keep up the good work guys.

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

Trine Complete story looks amazing in 3D on the PS4. Best 3D in a game ever. Otherwise,lol 3D

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Great, I can now watch the 3D films I don't have on the 3D TV I don't own on my GAMES console.

"Muh feachurs"

Well I have a 3D TV and 3D films.....so the update is welcomed on my games console

And maybe we will get some 3D enabled games too....remember when that was a thing?

What kind of 3D TV do you have?
I have one that has native support for it and the Faux "button" support where you press it and it offsets the image.

So I guess I could play in 3D since the start of the gen :P

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#77 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Don't care in the least. Good for people that have 3D TVs..all 5,000 of them. How about finally adding the ability to play MP4 movies from a USB drive?

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Great, I can now watch the 3D films I don't have on the 3D TV I don't own on my GAMES console.

"Muh feachurs"

Well I have a 3D TV and 3D films.....so the update is welcomed on my games console

And maybe we will get some 3D enabled games too....remember when that was a thing?

I have one that has native support for it and the Faux "button" support where you press it and it offsets the image.

55" Samsung Smart TV ( don't remember the model # lol )

but mine has that feature too...I can press that button and watch anything in 3D but it's not the same quality as watching a 3D Bluray or playing a game that has a 3D option.

Like watching Gravity on 3D Bluray compared to just watching Gravity with that feature enabled wouldn't be the same experience ( I don't think? )

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@fyron256 said:

@Suppaman100:

Wow you're dumb. I'll try to find the quote but I guess you forgot when it was Kaz or one of the Sony execs who said "we do not think the online gaming space will be an integral part of gaming"

This was during the Xbox vs ps2 era when MS was taking it serious refusing to accept dial-up. Ahhhh the memories I can still here that lovely 56k ping ping noise from the ps2 network adapter.

Also the Xbox One is owning the psBore this fall/holiday. You truly sound like an idiot saying MS is no comp for Sony.

....and if you're talking about sales let's see where the numbers are after the holidays. Heck the XOne hasn't even released everywhere yet. So yeah like I said you sound dumb.

HAHAHAHAHA! Dem tears! Looks like you're a mad lemming!

"and if you're talking about sales let's see where the numbers are after the holidays" Okay, want to make a bet?

If Xbone outsells PS4, I will be banned if not you will. But you're probably a butthurt coward, am I right?

Just lol at you thinking Xbone is any kind of competition for Sony, this gen is already decided you fool.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Suppaman100

@Antwan3K said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

MS isn't "good" competition though.

Look, I could fanboy on and on about playstation all day, but it's obvious that Sony are holding back updates on purpose. If MS announces they are doing it, and Sony says it will be in an update next week just after MS said, then it's obvious that they already had it ready, and was waiting for high demand. And MS gave them the incentive to do so.

MS may not be the best possible competition right now, but some of the games they are getting like Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, Forza H2 etc are at least competing with TLOU R, DriveClub, LBP3, and the likes.

So ya know, no need to troll 24/7.

That's just speculation, nobody knows why Sony is slow at updates. But that doesn't really matter...

The point is that MS is bad competition, they helped to trun the industry into a wrong direction.Or do you like paying for online? (I'll speculate too) Chances are PS4 would still be free of charge for online play if it wasn't for MS. And let's ignore the DRM, 24/7 online,...they wanted to push onto the industry...

MS never really cared about games, they just wanted to "own" the living room but they failed...

MS should leave the market and a better competitor should enter the market. But LOL if you think MS is "good" competition though.

You are trippin....You don't think MS offered good competition with the 360? They took a big chunk of Sony's user base. Sony was cocky and arrogant with the PS3 and MS took advantage of that. MS was the same with the X1 and Sony is taking advantage of that now, but they realized they effed up and are correcting it. This gen is far from over and for you to think some other company can just jump right in and be competition is ridiculous.

L O L at comparing Sony's former situation with the X1, they are not comparable.

Was Sony arrogant? Yes, they have some lolworthy quotes. But their product at the time, the PS3, was good an offered a lot of value. (cheapest Blu-ray player, free online, built in wifi,...) And in the end they overtook 360.

MS's situation is totally different. This is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR worse than Sony's post 2005's arrogance. MS backpaddled on every vision they had for Xbone. It's so pathetic that some of you are praising MS for something they should've done in the first place...focus on games. In Jim Sterling's words; the Xbone is a failure machine. And Xbone brings nothing to the table, because MS dumped kinect and their vision for the Xbone, now we're left with a pathetic weak box that stands for nothing. Xbone is not like the PS3. Xbone has nothing to top PS4 at all, if MS doesn't fix its first-party support for the Xbone it will be even more pathetic than now.

And LOL if you think this gen hasn't already been decided. I think it could be MS's last console, MS wanted to own the living room and failed with Xbox to do that. Also with the new CEO in place at MS, this is a very realistic option. Shareholders won't be too happy if MS keeps throwing money in a botomless pit, that is Xbox.

So let me ask you a question: What would have been the better "pure gaming machine" for hardcore gamers and Sony fans?..

A $399 PS3 without Bluray or a $599 PS3 with Bluray?.. every GAMER at the time, the same GAMERS that you PS4 fanboys claim to be now, said they didn't give a damn about MOVIES and they'd rather spend that extra $200 on GAMES.. f*ck Bluray!!.. just like you GAMERS are saying that you don't give a damn about KINECT and you'd rather spend that extra $100 on GAMES.. f*ck Kinect!!

You can't just sweep this parallel under the rug under the idea of "value".. just like gamers "don't want Kinect", GAMERS DIDNT WANT BLURAY!!.. gamers didn't want to have to pay an extra $200 for a PS3 in comparison to a 360 simply because Sony wanted to win the MOVIE format war with HD-DVD.. again, GAMERS did not care about MOVIES just like you claim that GAMERS don't care about TV integration or Kinect..

Your hypocrisy and rabid fanboyism is borderline disgusting.. Listen up carefully: NEITHER of these companies is perfect and NEITHER of these companies care about you.. They just want your money.. Period..

Based upon Sony's success with the PS2, they got arrogant with the PS3, decided to push their own NON-GAMING agendas, got their butt kicked, and learned their lesson with the PS4..

Based upon Microsoft's success with the Xbox 360, they got arrogant with the Xbox One, decided to push their own NON-GAMING agendas, got their butts kicked, now they've learned their lesson with their current Xbox One approach..

Its the same damn story yet you act like Microsoft is the only gaming company that has made this mistake.. you also try to pretend like Microsoft has somehow "ruined the gaming industry" with paid online, multimedia features, and motion controls.. well, let me let you in on a few secrets sir:

The original PlayStation was the first true mainstream "multimedia" gaming console that played both video games and music CDs and it was made by SONY.. The PS2 took multimedia to a whole new level and introduced a gaming console that can also play DVD movies.. that console was made by SONY.. And SONY took a crap on top of all of it's loyal PS2 fanbase by shoehorning Bluray HD movie playback into the PS3 and made all of us GAMERS, who didn't give a crap about HD MOVIES, pay an extra $200 for the privilege of helping them win a format war against HD-DVD!!!..

The original Wii was the console that introduced motion controls to gaming and the company that made the Wii was NINTENDO.. sure, both Sony and Microsoft jumped on the bandwagon with PS Move and Kinect, but NINTENDO introduced motion controls for "casual gaming"..

And SONY didn't have to make PS4 players pay for online just because Microsoft was charging for it first.. SONY could have just kept their service free.. But you know and I know that Xbox Live was a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, better service than PS2 Online and PSN on PS3 and people were willing to pay for that better service.. and the only reason why you are paying for PSN now on PS4 is because SONY realized that people are willing to pay for online multiplayer if it's locked behind the paywall of a good service.. PERIOD.. SONY realized that people are willing to pay and we can make money off of this.. PERIOD.. PS Plus on PS3 was still pushing out great free and discounted gaming content without having people pay for the online multiplayer portions of their games.. and guess what?.. THERE WAS NO REASON WHY ONLINE MULTIPLAYER COULD NOT HAVE REMAINED FREE ON THE PS4 ASWELL!!!.. SONY decided to make you pay for something that they had already established as being something that they can easily provide to you for FREE!!.. and what did hypocritical PS4 fanboys like you do?.. Apologize for Sony, make excuses for Sony, and applaud Sony for being more like Microsoft..

Believe me, I know that you aren't going to read this "wall of text" and you're just going to reply with some more fanboy BS in order to re-write history, apologize for Sony's mistakes, then crucify Microsoft for making those same mistakes.. go ahead, feel free.. but in the back of you mind, if you have any level of logical intelligence, you know I'm right and you're wrong..

EDIT: and the next time you talk about how "horrible" DRM, online authentications, used game restrictions, and etc are, ask a Steam user how "horrible" Steam is.. that's clearly the direction Microsoft was going in because everyone knows that digital is the future and Steam has a model that makes digital games sales work for consumers.. People LOVE Steam.. Microsoft just f*cked up their message with arrogance.. instead of being humble and saying "hey, we're trying to be like Steam", they said "don't worry about it, trust us, you'll like it".. Steam proves that DRM isn't a s dirty word.. You'll figure that out once Sony adopts a digital model based around DRM in the PS5..

TLDR LOLOLOLOLLL!!!

...no srs, I'll reply when I find the time, but I scanned through it fast and it looks like you are another Xbox apologist...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#81  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Sony has been tearin' it up. If anything, Sony has been stiff arming the competition.

So stiff arming is a legit expression? How does that work? Sony has the competition work so hard their arms got all stiff?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Animal-Mother

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

"Muh feachurs"

but mine has that feature too...I can press that button and watch anything in 3D but it's not the same quality as watching a 3D Bluray or playing a game that has a 3D option.

Like watching Gravity on 3D Bluray compared to just watching Gravity with that feature enabled wouldn't be the same experience ( I don't think? )

I have a very similar model to you.

and yeah it's "3D" per se. But it's not really 3D

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

@Suppaman100:

Nothing good ?!? So you liked memory cards and having no online cuz Xbox was the first with a hard drive and online gaming on consoles so yes competition is good

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Update Wars!

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 chikenfriedrice

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

"Muh feachurs"

I have a very similar model to you.

and yeah it's "3D" per se. But it's not really 3D

They are nice TV's....I will be good for years until 4K is standard and the prices come down.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

To bad no1 care about 3D nowadays, in movies at Cinema it is ok but for gaming it is meh

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Animal-Mother

@chikenfriedrice: Bingo, though 4Ks are OK priced right now, I think you can find a decent samsung one between 2500-4k lol right now.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 chikenfriedrice

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice: Bingo, though 4Ks are OK priced right now, I think you can find a decent samsung one between 2500-4k lol right now.

Wish I could justify that....my wife would laugh in my face lol.

We need more content anyway but I am looking forward to those days because the Sony display they have at Best Buy looks amazing.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Suppaman100

@onewiththegame said:

@Suppaman100:

Nothing good ?!? So you liked memory cards and having no online cuz Xbox was the first with a hard drive and online gaming on consoles so yes competition is good

Haha?! U srs?

So we wouldn't have online if it wasn't for Xbox? Srs lemmings crack me up. Ever heard of Dreamcast?

And memory cards? LOL! Hard drives were the natural evolution, LMFAO if you think memory cards were abandoned because of Xbox.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Animal-Mother

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

We need more content anyway but I am looking forward to those days because the Sony display they have at Best Buy looks amazing.

Not married :D

Can buy whatevah I want :P

In reality I would never drop 3 K on a TV

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#91 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Indeed

+1 , I have no idea when Sony were going to release the 3D update otherwise, but it sure as heck wasn't going to be this soon.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 chikenfriedrice

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Not married :D

Can buy whatevah I want :P

In reality I would never drop 3 K on a TV

That is one drawback to marriage lol

Me neither especially when they will be half that in a few years.

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

Yay we can all play games in 3D on the 3D TV's we don't have because 3D sucks and is a stupid fad.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

PS4 will get 3D support next week....trying to beat the August update from MS I see lol

Now if one company comes out with games maybe the other will try to beat them to the punch :P

Link

Dude, the PlayStation 3 has had that since 2010 or 2009.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@ButDuuude said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

PS4 will get 3D support next week....trying to beat the August update from MS I see lol

Now if one company comes out with games maybe the other will try to beat them to the punch :P

Link

No shit....the PS4 didn't and never heard a word about adding it.....until MS announced it with their August update.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ButDuuude said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

No shit....the PS4 didn't and never heard a word about adding it.....until MS announced it with their August update.

I did way before MS announced it.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

yes!! 3d support for the 3d tv i dont have and the 3d games/films i dont have. amazing stuff

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Heil68

@ButDuuude said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ButDuuude said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

Yup and thus SDC. Thank my lucky stars I have the current gen 8 leader the PS4.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 chikenfriedrice

@ButDuuude said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ButDuuude said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

Oh yeah? I didn't...where did you hear it? Link?

I haven't heard any plans of 3D from either company until MS announced it with this latest update....doesn't mean it didn't happen though.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 chikenfriedrice

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yes!! 3d support for the 3d tv i dont have and the 3d games/films i dont have. amazing stuff

Well they should cancel this update then....they did this for you ya know