MS E3 2019 full of mixed messages and backtracking on previous statements?

#1 Edited by BoxRekt (1693 posts) -

In 2017 Phil Spencer confidently proclaimed Xbox would always have the most powerful system going forward. They also announced a 2 tier SKU model for next gen xbox systems. So, what happened?

BOTH of those particular key points from MS's most recent press event are absent!

I'm sure most of us were waiting to hear about MS's 2 SKU versions and "Anaconda", but there was only Scarlet and IT was called there most powerful system? Wait what?

Also instead of saying, "It's the most powerful next gen system ever" Phil said, "it's the most powerful system WE ever made." Well no shit it better be for a so-called next gen system.

Did Phil just forget to mention them or have they backtracked on those statements because of uncertainty about those moves of because of recent Sony announcements?

Is Scarlet and Anaconda still a thing? Is Xbox's, "Will ALWAYS be the most powerful" still relevant?

#2 Posted by SecretPolice (35327 posts) -

Should be obvious but it's next E3 where all the specifics would be revealed. Why would they show their whole hand this early? Did Phony? Of course not.... Sheeesh, I'd think you should be in no hurry to hear all about Super Mighty 8K Anaconda MegaMonsterBox that puts the PS Jive to shame. lol :P

#3 Posted by Ant_17 (12535 posts) -

@SecretPolice: So PS5 needs to be shown 1st?

I gues next gen does start when Sony says it.

#4 Edited by Subspecies (556 posts) -

Yeah, it's just a couple of the many reasons why lems are squirming right now and in full damage control mode after E3. MS messed up, plain and simple. And they had a great chance to show they had turned things around. Perfect chance, even. What this E3 shows is that MS simply have no idea of what they are doing in the video game business. Lol, all Sony had to do to steal E3 from them was say a few words about the PS5, making MS look like they were just copying Sony with the Scarlett announcement. The only difference is MS paid a ton of money to say basically the same things.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#5 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4734 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:

Should be obvious but it's next E3 where all the specifics would be revealed. Why would they show their whole hand this early? Did Phony? Of course not.... Sheeesh, I'd think you should be in no hurry to hear all about Super Mighty 8K Anaconda MegaMonsterBox that puts the PS Jive to shame. lol :P

I don't see why Xbox has to do these early reveals at all. Didn't help X1X much, and all it did was kill Xbox One sales up until its release. MS has to be put in a position to talk about new hardware every show now because obviously the games alone aren't gonna cut it anymore. The Xbox conferences are just pretty much Game Pass shows now, with the odd indie buyout.

#6 Posted by SecretPolice (35327 posts) -

@Ant_17:

Don't recall posting anything saying PS5 needs to go first only said the obvious, specifics didn't come from MS or Sony at this early time and that's to be expected, right?

Perhaps a reread of my post is not only necessary but it's a " would read again post" if I don't say so myself. lol ;)

#7 Edited by Ant_17 (12535 posts) -

@SecretPolice: It sounded like since PS5 wasn't shown Bone 2 shouldn't be shown as well.

#8 Posted by SecretPolice (35327 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin:

Hardware wise, It seems to me, really, the most anyone should have took away from this is that both MS and Sony Revealed, they will offer a more powerful next gen console next year and not much more on specifics which again is the wise move and to be expected at this time.

#9 Posted by SecretPolice (35327 posts) -

@Ant_17:

It shouldn't have when seen in the context of what TC seems to be asking for from MS but okay, no probs man., it's all good.

#10 Posted by kuu2 (11155 posts) -

Another obsessed Xbox Fanboy hiding in Cows clothing.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#11 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (12862 posts) -

MS has a weaker system again and no games for next gen. Phil has done no better than Donnie M.

#12 Posted by Calvincfb (1579 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

lol you got owned

#13 Posted by SecretPolice (35327 posts) -

@calvincfb:

lolol Congrats, you win dumbest post of the day. Savor it. :P

#14 Posted by Calvincfb (1579 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

@calvincfb:

lolol Congrats, you win dumbest post of the day. Savor it. :P

Precious coming from you LMFAO

#15 Posted by SecretPolice (35327 posts) -

@calvincfb:

You have got to be the weakest calve of the herd and that's really saying something. Congrats again. lolol :P

#16 Posted by sealionact (3959 posts) -

@boxrekt: I always think 2 tire consoles are not fast enough. Obviously having four tires is preferable.

#17 Posted by DrLostRib (4981 posts) -

is Xbox the most powerful? Does TC really even care about project scarlet? Is he really just a dumb troll?

Find out next time...on DragonballZ

#18 Posted by Xabiss (2686 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

In 2017 Phil Spencer confidently proclaimed Xbox would always have the most powerful system going forward. They also announced a 2 tire SKU model for next gen xbox systems. So, what happened?

BOTH of those particular key points were from MS's most recent press event are absent!

I'm sure most of us were waiting to hear about MS's 2 SKU versions and "Anaconda", but there was only Scarlet and IT was called there most powerful system? Wait what?

Also instead of saying, "It's the most powerful next gen system ever" Phil said, "it's the most powerful system WE ever made." Well no shit it better be for a so-called next gen system.

Did Phil just forget to mention them or have they backtracked on those statements because of uncertainty about those moves of because of recent Sony announcements?

Is Scarlet and Anaconda still a thing? Is Xbox will ALWAYS be the most powerful?

Didn't even read but I can already tell it includes a shit ton of this:

#19 Posted by _Matt_ (10490 posts) -

@SecretPolice: PS Jive? I love it! :D

I'mma gonna call it that now haba

#20 Posted by BoxRekt (1693 posts) -
@drlostrib said:

is Xbox the most powerful? Does TC really even care about project scarlet? Is he really just a dumb troll?

Are you just another insecure xbot drone who goes into personal attack mode whenever someone posts a relevant topic asking questions about MS and xbox? Are you too stupid to post on the actual topic instead of defection and damage control?

Next time on...Another Exposed Lemming.

#21 Edited by DrLostRib (4981 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:

Are you just another insecure xbot drone who goes into personal attack mode whenever someone posts a relevant topic asking questions about MS and xbox? Are you too stupid to post on the actual topic instead of defection and damage control?

lol, this lazy troll thinks i'm a "xbot"

Good one

Especially since you're usually the one to meltdown with crazy rants attacking people

#22 Posted by Xabiss (2686 posts) -

@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:

lol, this lazy troll thinks i'm a "xbot"

Good one

Especially since you're usually the one to meltdown with crazy rants attacking people

Again all cows move to calling everyone xbots when they don't have any argument.

#23 Posted by Chutebox (44632 posts) -

I mean...do they know how "strong" the PS5 is? if they said the next xbox is the strongest console ever and it wasn't so, you and a bunch of rabid idiots would jump down their throats.

#24 Posted by VFighter (4999 posts) -

I don't care about that, but did they show an insane number of exclusives like they said they were?