MS Changes their Minds Again.... Now they Want Motion-Sensing Controllers

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

It's not bad but TLHBO SERIOUSLY IF IT'S TRUE. I remember the ''Sony teh copycat'' and ''lol motion sensing = gimmick''

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

*Move arms to swing a sword*
*Bring X to swing a sword*
*Do stupid moves to perform a super duper attack*
*Right right down left B to perform a super duper attack*
Not gimmick my ***.

I could care less if they added motion sensing or brain sensing garbage. Its a freaking toy that is meant to play game. Now play games!

Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Socrates88
Member since 2007 • 1655 Posts
options are bad?CaseyWegner
I believe definitive > optional.
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
I fail to see where he said they were making motion sensing controllers. In fact I highly doubt they will make them at all, because they know not many games would support it because not many people would buy it and not many people would buy it because there wasn't many games that supported it (therefore it would have to be there from day 1, Microsoft arn't stupid.). I think he was more saying they want to attract casuals by doing different things.
EyeToy, Guitar Hero and Singstar all use there own add-on they could easily be doing something like this. So they could just plan on making a game that you need a new "thing" to play.
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
if they do, im selling my xbox and giving up on consoles ¬_¬ Il stick with PC's, and my old games.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#106 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I won't have a problem if they make it optional on all games unlike the Wii, that forces the Wackmote on all games.redneckdouglas
No it doesn't. There may be games in the future that require the classic controller, which is used now for VC games. That may be how some RPGs choose to go. Plus, you could look at Zelda TP. There was motion sensing in that but it was subtle and the game mostly used the nunchuck's analog stick for movement. I played almost that whole game sitting in a chair and got up to fight bosses or hoards of moblins. I thought it was a great balance-- when the action was slow I almost never used motion sensing, when things got intense I had to use it.
anklebreakr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 anklebreakr
Member since 2007 • 254 Posts
[QUOTE="toxicmog"]if they do, im selling my xbox and giving up on consoles ¬_¬ Il stick with PC's, and my old games.

if they do this there is no way i'm buying an xbox at launch again.  they add too much features that i want to begin with, but will need to spend more cash to get it.

-voodoo_child-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 -voodoo_child-
Member since 2006 • 1648 Posts
[QUOTE="-voodoo_child-"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="-voodoo_child-"]No, the point he was making was that MS keep changing their mind to the point of being contradictive and hypoctritcal, " First, they decided to support HD-DVD. They were wrong since HD-DVD will be the next betamax (even an MS rep admitted it). Now they're thinking of giving up on HD-DVD by the end of 2007. Second.......... Third..........."The_Game21x

They did not say that HD DVD was the next betamax. All they said is that it could be the next betamax, which is true, and the same could be said about Blu-ray.

Since when has MS said that they are thinking of giving up on the format? I have yet to see them say anything on that subject..

I never said that, it was a quote from the TC in order to enforce my point which was of a totally different matter. The accuracy of the TC's research wasn't my concern at the time.

Well, you really shouldn't use already weak arguments to back up your own. :)

I didn't:) If you read what I said, I was using it as an example of what HE said, in order to prove a different point entirely. It doesn't mean I agree with what he said.
-voodoo_child-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 -voodoo_child-
Member since 2006 • 1648 Posts
[QUOTE="-voodoo_child-"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="-voodoo_child-"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]options are bad?CaseyWegner

Not the point he is making?

"MS is really screwing customers with all these "add-ons" that should have been included with the original console."

No, the point he was making was that MS keep changing their mind to the point of being contradictive and hypoctritcal, " First, they decided to support HD-DVD. They were wrong since HD-DVD will be the next betamax (even an MS rep admitted it). Now they're thinking of giving up on HD-DVD by the end of 2007. Second.......... Third..........."

whether it was the main point or not, it was still something he said.

Then it is settled. I understand where you were coming from, I just felt you were missing the point.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

MS just make it the Xmote w/rumble sell it for same price as regular controllers and take away compititions insane argument that it's the revalutionary controller that matters not the hardware specs and the games it can produce. A Wiw Wiw for all; if you want it buy it - if not don't.

Options are always good, being forced to consume is not !

her0_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 her0_54
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
Motion control the new "in" thing? What would this mean in upcoming generations? Would companies keep using it? Would they keep it? Questions, questions, when will they be answered?
Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts
I hope it the same controller but with motion sensing inside. I would cry myself to sleep if they used a completely new layout.
tranhgiang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tranhgiang
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="Paul_TheGreat"]copycatsThe_Game21x

nintendo copied XBLA Sony Copied XBL

XBL copied Steam

No it didn't. :|

Steam was announced in 2002 and XBL debuted on Nov. 15, 2002. There's no way they could've copied that in that short of a timeframe. The XBLinfrastructure had to have been in place months before it became a reality.

XBL copied the Internet.

Seriously, the idea of online console have been around forever, even for console (Dreamcast anyone ?). It's just a matter of time, technology and mass adoption. Online interface like XBL, PSN have basically NOTHING new (yep, nothing that the internet doesn't have). The idea of online gaming have been around long before the Xbox is even born so it's not like XBL make anyone goes: "Oh we didn't think of THAT before".

Seriously, what's so impressive about XBL or Nintendo Network or PSN ? Praising them as original is a disgrace to the PC.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
Um, read the article AGAIN, it didn't say anything about motion-sensing. He said that MS will pull something out of their sleeve that they have already planned. No, you assume too much.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Darth_Stalin
I'm not an idiot or a fool, i'm not going to pay $500 more to buy another 360 that has HDMI which i could give a **** about, the only way MS would be ripping off consumers is making future games in HD-DVD which would force consumers to buy a HD-DVD add one, and motion sensing? Just no.Riviera_Phantom
Did you even read the article?
Rhubarb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Rhubarb9
Member since 2006 • 2352 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]options are bad?LosDaddie

To cows they are.

Cows prefer to have everything bundled.

On Topic: I don't mind motion controllers as long as they are implemented well.

its ok as long as it doesnt screw up the product (thinking about x360 core version without HDD when every x360 game need one...)
GabeBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 GabeBlack
Member since 2005 • 1821 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]options are bad?LosDaddie

To cows they are.

Cows prefer to have everything bundled.

On Topic: I don't mind motion controllers as long as they are implemented well.

Kind of like having HD cables and HDMI cables right out of the box...Oh wait.My bad
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
HD DVD is going to be the next Betamax? ummmm, you DO know what Blu Ray and Betamax have in common, don't you? ;)

And I'm going to agree with Casey here. Options are a GOOD thing. I don't want to spend extra money on a hidef movie player, or HDMI I don't need (I have a standard def TV). Sony should learn the meaning of options.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
but i thought it was teh gimmickz!1??! I knew this was coming. Next gen all consoles will have it of course, its the true future.
stohay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 stohay
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I'm not suprise since wii is doing well right now. We all know MS is known for stealing others idea.

cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#122 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
lol, nintendo really is influencing the industry.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 SecretPolice
lol, nintendo really is influencing the industry.cobrax80
\ Yep b/c most people just don't have the prospective of the 1980's !! This popular marketing stratagie influencing the youngins will lead the seasoned among us to visualize the demise of video games once again - which indeed is nentendo's main goal; they know they can not compete on the same level as Sony or MS so take it down to win. They may just pull it off - very sad !!!
Avatar image for _Peoples_Champ_
_Peoples_Champ_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124 _Peoples_Champ_
Member since 2002 • 4695 Posts
 First, they decided to support HD-DVD. They were wrong since HD-DVD will be the next betamax (even an MS rep admitted it). Now they're thinking of giving up on HD-DVD by the end of 2007.

Second, they thought that HDMI wasn't necessary. They realized they were wrong again so now they're putting HDMI on the next 360 models.

Third, they released a controller without motion sensors because they thought it wasn't next gen. Now they're changing their minds and planning of releasing motion sensing controllers.

Since they can't make up their minds, MS is really screwing customers with all these "add-ons" that should have been included with the original console. They're making all these changes on the 360 only 15 months after it's launch, why don't they just give up on it and release a new system instead of miking their customers for more and more money?

link

flipknoc
The part about the controller is not true, they never said it wasn't next generation, it just wasn't implemented at the time. Infact, since wii hit the shelves, they always praised motion sensing. And on the blue ray discussion. What makes you think they won't strike a deal woth samsung or toshiba on creating a blue ray player for the xbox?
Avatar image for _Peoples_Champ_
_Peoples_Champ_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125 _Peoples_Champ_
Member since 2002 • 4695 Posts

I'm not suprise since wii is doing well right now. We all know MS is known for stealing others idea.

stohay
You mean like playstations RUMBLE, and six axis?
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#126 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I hope to god Microsoft doesn't do motion sensing. It's good with the Wii, but it's awful with the PS3.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
This is not a surprise, motion sensing is the way forward and MS don't want to be left behind and have another failed generation although I think they may do better just sticking to what they are already doing but throwing in a price drop.  Whether sales have indicated it in the past or not Nintendo has been the leading example in this industry for years and continue to do so with the Wii.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#128 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
This is not a surprise, motion sensing is the way forward and MS don't want to be left behind and have another failed generation although I think they may do better just sticking to what they are already doing but throwing in a price drop.  Whether sales have indicated it in the past or not Nintendo has been the leading example in this industry for years and continue to do so with the Wii.csliney
Motion sensing is not the way of the future.
VladTheImpaler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 VladTheImpaler
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

First, they decided to support HD-DVD. They were wrong since HD-DVD will be the next betamax (even an MS rep admitted it). Now they're thinking of giving up on HD-DVD by the end of 2007.

Second, they thought that HDMI wasn't necessary. They realized they were wrong again so now they're putting HDMI on the next 360 models.

Third, they released a controller without motion sensors because they thought it wasn't next gen. Now they're changing their minds and planning of releasing motion sensing controllers.

Since they can't make up their minds, MS is really screwing customers with all these "add-ons" that should have been included with the original console. They're making all these changes on the 360 only 15 months after it's launch, why don't they just give up on it and release a new system instead of miking their customers for more and more money?

link

flipknoc

It is not changing your mind.  It is called evovling and expanding to give ther customers what they want. 

I love all the Add-ons that are coming out for the 360.  This way instead of making people buy all the stuff from the start, they let there customers choose which pieces they want to add to their system.  

So far they have not made one add-on that is Mandatory, every single game except Final Fantasy MMORG can be played on a core xbox 360.   Please tell me how this is a bad thing.  At least they are making changes, Sony is sticking to the fact that they were right and their system is perfect. Yeah Right.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

So a new type of controller is necessary for play even though absolutely no games support it at the moment?

Sheesh, what will fanboys think of next. :roll:

CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts
Microsoft already made the sidewinder controller (motion sensing controller) for PC in like 1998. It has the exact same motion sensing capabilities as the crappy ps3 controller.
VladTheImpaler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 VladTheImpaler
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]options are bad?Ibacai
No, options are very good. It's just funny how when Sony has a few things like PSN and motion sensing they are obviously copying the competition and that's bad. Sony should burn. A few MS fans jumped all over this and used it as a way to bash Sony as a company. Now MS is coming out with HDMI and motion sensing (Possibly) and how do some of the MS fans react? Oh, that's ok, options are great.

Nobody bashed Sony for Using HDMI where did you even get that from.  That does not even make sense, why would people bash HDMI.  What people bashed is the fact that they did not provide an HDMI cable or any other HD hook up. 

I also do not think they ever bashed Motion Sensing either, they just bashed Sony for Obviously tacking the motion sensing on near the end.  I mean even the developers were suprised at E3 when they found out about it.  The game WARHAWK that most incorporated the six-axis has been canceled. 

ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts

link

flipknoc

Simple they copying Sony..Everything what Sony will do they want to do it as well..
whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#134 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

I hope to god Microsoft doesn't do motion sensing. It's good with the Wii, but it's awful with the PS3.BioShockOwnz

I disagree.. Ya it's kinda difficult to get used to the sensitivity but once you get used it, It does bring more excitement to the game.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#135 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]options are bad?VladTheImpaler

No, options are very good. It's just funny how when Sony has a few things like PSN and motion sensing they are obviously copying the competition and that's bad. Sony should burn. A few MS fans jumped all over this and used it as a way to bash Sony as a company. Now MS is coming out with HDMI and motion sensing (Possibly) and how do some of the MS fans react? Oh, that's ok, options are great.

Nobody bashed Sony for Using HDMI where did you even get that from.  That does not even make sense, why would people bash HDMI.  What people bashed is the fact that they did not provide an HDMI cable or any other HD hook up. 

I also do not think they ever bashed Motion Sensing either, they just bashed Sony for Obviously tacking the motion sensing on near the end.  I mean even the developers were suprised at E3 when they found out about it.  The game WARHAWK that most incorporated the six-axis has been canceled. 

Warhawk is not cancelled

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Darth_Stalin
[QUOTE="flipknoc"]First, they decided to support HD-DVD. They were wrong since HD-DVD will be the next betamax (even an MS rep admitted it). Now they're thinking of giving up on HD-DVD by the end of 2007.

link

ps3gen

Simple they copying Sony..Everything what Sony will do they want to do it as well..

One, MS made the first known motion sensing controller, two, MS never said they will support motion-sensing. They just said they admire what Wii is doing, and have something up their sleeve.
DrHyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#137 DrHyde
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
Ugghh...another add-on. Just announce to me the 65nm chip set that doesn't routinely get the 3 red lights of death and I'll purchase one. Make some good games. I sit about 6 feet from my TV that's a SDTV. I don't need wireless controllers or HDMI ports. I just want to play awesome games. No wonder Microsoft can't pull themselves out of the 4 billion dollar hole.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Darth_Stalin
Ugghh...another add-on. Just announce to me the 65nm chip set that doesn't routinely get the 3 red lights of death and I'll purchase one. Make some good games. I sit about 6 feet from my TV that's a SDTV. I don't need wireless controllers or HDMI ports. I just want to play awesome games. No wonder Microsoft can't pull themselves out of the 4 billion dollar hole.DrHyde
For one the 360 has awesome games, two ms never said what this thing they have up their sleeve is, it might be the acquiring of a dev, a new IP, etc, three MS is not in debt :?
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 SecretPolice
Ugghh...another add-on. Just announce to me the 65nm chip set that doesn't routinely get the 3 red lights of death and I'll purchase one. Make some good games. I sit about 6 feet from my TV that's a SDTV. I don't need wireless controllers or HDMI ports. I just want to play awesome games. No wonder Microsoft can't pull themselves out of the 4 billion dollar hole.DrHyde
uhgg- paleasse, I would love to be in that hole with MS - yikes get a clue !
DrHyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#140 DrHyde
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
[QUOTE="DrHyde"]Ugghh...another add-on. Just announce to me the 65nm chip set that doesn't routinely get the 3 red lights of death and I'll purchase one. Make some good games. I sit about 6 feet from my TV that's a SDTV. I don't need wireless controllers or HDMI ports. I just want to play awesome games. No wonder Microsoft can't pull themselves out of the 4 billion dollar hole.Tulak_Hord
For one the 360 has awesome games, two ms never said what this thing they have up their sleeve is, it might be the acquiring of a dev, a new IP, etc, three MS is not in debt :?

I didn't say they were in debt, but they haven't recovered the losses from the original Xbox.
anklebreakr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 anklebreakr
Member since 2007 • 254 Posts
[QUOTE="Tulak_Hord"][QUOTE="DrHyde"]Ugghh...another add-on. Just announce to me the 65nm chip set that doesn't routinely get the 3 red lights of death and I'll purchase one. Make some good games. I sit about 6 feet from my TV that's a SDTV. I don't need wireless controllers or HDMI ports. I just want to play awesome games. No wonder Microsoft can't pull themselves out of the 4 billion dollar hole.DrHyde

I didn't say they were in debt, but they haven't recovered the losses from the original Xbox.

ya they did lose so much from xbox that they had to quit it and make xbox 360.

wingman3030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 wingman3030
Member since 2004 • 936 Posts

options are bad?CaseyWegner

no but a company without a plan is.