MP focused games have legs; where do you think Sea of Theives falls on Amozon TOP 100 sellers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

A lot of people on System Wars argue that single player games are one and done games and after a month they drop off and everyone forgets about them while multiplayer games have "legs" and keep selling because of their multiplayer focus.

Is that true?

So the biggest game on xbox one since Gears 4 in 2016 Sea of Thieves JUST released March 20th 2018; A multiplayer focused game carrying the narrative of having legs compared to single player games.

Where do you think it falls on Amozon TOP 100 best sellers less than a month after release?

Take a honest guess before you click the link.

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bs_pg_1?_encoding=UTF8&pg=1

SPOILER

Current top selling games 4/16/2018:

#1. GOD OF WAR (singleplayer; unreleased )

#12. Mario Odysee (singleplayer; released Oct 27 2017)

#14. Mario Kart Delux 8 (single/multi player; released April 28 2017)

#25. Farcry 5 (single/multi player; released March 27 2018)

#27. DK Country Tropical Freeze (singleplayer; unreleased )

#31 Spiro Trilogy (singleplayer; unreleased)

#38 Splatoon 2 (single/multi player; June 21 2017)

#43 Zelda BOTW (singleplayer; releasedMarch 3 2017)

#44 Ass Creed Origin (singleplayer; released Oct 27 2017)

#49 Mario + Rabbits (singleplayer; released Aug 29 2017)

#56 Kirby Star Allies (singleplayer; releasedMarch 16 2018)

#58 GOD OF WAR $149.99 Stone Mason's Edition (single; unreleased)

#59 Yakuza 6 (singleplayer; unreleased)

#62 Mario Kart wii (single/multi player; releasedApril 10 2008***)

#64 Dark Souls Switch (singleplayer; unreleased)

#66 Crash N Sane Trilogy (singleplayer; releasedJune 30 2017*)

#73 Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 (single; unreleased)

#78 Battlefront II (*multiplayer*; released Nov 17 2017)

#82 Yakuza 6 $89.99 premium (singleplayer; unreleased)

#83 Street Fighter 30th Ann (single/multi; unreleased)

#85 Hyrule warriors definitive (single/multi; unreleased)

#88 NBA 2k18 (single/multi; released Sep 15 2017)

#91 Skyrim Switch (Singleplayer; released Nov 17 2017)

#92 Yakuza Kiwami 2 (singleplayer; unreleased)

#97 Minecraft PC (single/multi player ; May 17 2009***)

#98 Mario Tennis Aces (single/multi player; unreleased)

Sea of Thieves, the most recently released high profile game released March 20 2018 and Xbox one multiplatform focused exclusive, places on Amozon TOP 100 best selling games...

NOWHERE!

Less than a month of release and sales are DEAD! Another false narrative that falls flat.

BOUNS:

TOP 100 Amozon HARDWARE SALES:

#5. Super NES Classic

#15. Nintendo Switch; Blue and Red controller

#29. PS4 Slim 1TB

#36. Nintendo Switch; Grey controller

#37. Xbox One S 500GB

#46. PS4 Pro 1TB

#57 Xbox One X 1TB

#94 PS4 Pro 1TB Limited Edition Battlefront II bundle

Thoughts?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

Lems will have a meltdown

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Using Amazon sales lolololol I and billions of others have never bought a thing from'em.

Thread/

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Things go in cycles. Once more and more people get tired of the online crap (cheaters, crap players, loud mouths on microphones, companies milking them for everything, inability to pause when needed, waiting times, disconnects, other people and things ruining the immersion, etc), single player will be even more en vogue again.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Calvincfb

@todddow: boy am I glad for that.

Multiplayer is good an all, the only one I play is overwatch and that is because you can play in silence giving directions through games pre made functions, so I don't fall victim to this toxicity.

But I prefer single player games.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

@calvincfb: yeah, I'm completely done with online only games. It was fun for awhile I guess, but the gaming experience online is pure garbage now. It's just gotten worse and worse over the years. I'm not interested in any of it anymore. I can get lost in a great single player game for hours uninterrupted and pause and save when I need to.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tgob89

@SecretPolice said:

Using Amazon sales lolololol I and billions of others have never bought a thing from'em.

Thread/

If we're talking about newly released multiplayer focused Sea of Thieves, absolutely!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice

##

@tgob89 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Thread/

If we're talking about newly released multiplayer focused Sea of Thieves, absolutely!

Noperzz, it was #3 on the UK sales charts and MS said it was their fastest selling new IP this gen.

Face it, Sea of Thieves and MS/Xbox in general has you and ilk super insecure and living in your heads rent free. I mean, it's all good, MS/Xbox is the most popular subject because you guys make it so and MS thanks you for your service. Keep it comin. lolol :P

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tgob89

@SecretPolice said:

##

@tgob89 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Thread/

Noperzz, it was #3 on the UK sales charts and MS said it was their fastest selling new IP this gen.

Face it, Sea of Thieves and MS/Xbox in general has you and ilk super insecure and living in your heads rent free. I mean, it's all good, MS/Xbox is the most popular subject because you guys make it so and MS thanks you for your service. Keep it comin. lolol :P

*looks at the bold*

Read the topic of the thread...

Thanks for playing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice

@tgob89 said:
@SecretPolice said:

##

@tgob89 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Thread/

*looks at the bold*

Thanks for playing.

UK sales charts >>>>>> Amazon. Wake me when we get actual sales numbers from MS Including Paid Game Pass subs that most purchased just to play SoT rather than sales from One outlet like Amazon...... Mmmmk. :P

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tgob89

@SecretPolice said:
@tgob89 said:
@SecretPolice said:

##

@tgob89 said:

*looks at the bold*

Thanks for playing.

UK sales charts >>>>>> Amazon...

lol you can't use a service that allows people to play a game basically for free as sales measurement, sorry MS did that not me.

Context.

Do you know what Sea of Thieves sales are NOW? 4/16/2018?

Amazon is showing the CURRENT top sales at the time NOW. Sea of Thieves WAS #3 at launch, you don't have those sales right now.

Come back and talk to me if SoT manages to chart high on next months sales charts ;-)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice

@tgob89 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@tgob89 said:
@SecretPolice said:

##

@tgob89 said:

*looks at the bold*

Thanks for playing.

UK sales charts >>>>>> Amazon...

lol you can't use a service that allows people to play a game basically for free as sales measurement, sorry MS did that not me.

Context.

Do you know what Sea of Thieves sales are NOW?

Amazon is showing the CURRENT top sales at the time now. Sea of Thieves WAS #3 at launch, you don't have those sales right now.

Come talk back if SoT manages to chart high on next months sales charts ;-)

Hahaha, editing my post admits complete failure. You lose. lol

Again, wake me when you have a credible source, meaning MS themselves since they are the only one with accurate numbers.

No doubt though you'll continue your obsession with all things MS/Xbox. Very cultish behavior and a bit disturbing I must say. :P

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

I paid for a month of game pass just to try it out, but already getting fatigued. Cancelled the auto renew on the pass.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

OP Try harder!

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Calvincfb

The lems damage control on this thread is real.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tgob89

@SecretPolice said:
@tgob89 said:

Context.

Amazon is showing the CURRENT top sales at the time now. Sea of Thieves WAS #3 at launch, you don't have those sales right now.

Again, wake me when you have a credible source, meaning MS themselves since they are the only one with accurate numbers.

No doubt though you'll continue your obsession with all things MS/Xbox. Very cultish behavior and a bit disturbing I must say. :P

LMAO,

Amazon doesn't need MS's input to tell you how many games are sold on their store.

Who said I was obsessed with MS?

Sorry if you're projecting your internal feelings into this. This thread is focused toward the narrative that multiplayer games have longer sales appeal than single player games.

The fact that you are trying to turn this in to a MS/Xbox argument is very childish behavior and a bit disturbing I must say :o :D

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice

@tgob89 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@tgob89 said:

Context.

LMAO,

Amazon doesn't need MS's input to tell you how many games are sold on their store.

Sorry if you're projecting your internal feelings into this. This thread is focused toward multiplayer games having longer sales appeal than single player games.

The fact that you are trying to turn this in to a MS/Xbox argument is very childish behavior and a bit disturbing I must say :o :D

Herpity derpity er, LMFAO using one sales outlet as a source for total sales. Just redonkulous at this point so umm, continue making a fool of yourself if you like but I'm so bored I'm PS Bore Pooed now and done with the stupidity. lol

Bu bye... :P

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tgob89

@SecretPolice said:
@tgob89 said:

LMAO,

Sorry if you're projecting your internal feelings into this. This thread is focused toward multiplayer games having longer sales appeal than single player games.

Herpity derpity er, LMFAO using one sales outlet as a source for total sales. Just redonkulous at this point so umm, continue making a fool of yourself if you like but I'm so bored I'm PS Bore Pooed now and done with the stupidity. lol

LMAO, have a great day Secret.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SecretPolice

@tgob89 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@tgob89 said:

LMAO,

LMAO, have a great day Secret.

You too mah friend. :)

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

More than just one outlet sells the game, then you have game pass which is like a music streaming service. Sales dont mean much because you still have people playing the game wether full on purchase or through game pass. Just fire up your PC and get ready to hunt Megladon in May.

Finally, like the music industry, videogames will be making the change and offering streaming services. People buy less physical media. You now have music charts that take more weight with views/clicks over physical purchase.

Would God of War 4 bomb if Sony had it on PSnow because people ended up just getting a subscription? Probably not and Sony would be bringing in more players along with those that bought the game.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

Sea of zzzzz... Resident sleeper.