MotorStorm or New Persona kart racer - Which combat racing IP you prefer to see it by next gen?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

Poll MotorStorm or New Persona kart racer - Which combat racing IP you prefer to see it by next gen? (24 votes)

MotorStorm (Sony Interactive Entertainment) 75%
New Persona Kart Racer (Atlus/Sega) 25%

Dear racing gamers in System Wars board.

Time for more random next-generation racing game discussions!

What I've known about MotorStorm; the fans believe that the series went either hiatus or dead after the closure of Evolution Studios since 2016; Sony Interactive Entertainment still retains the ownership of this IP also the fans were hoping the series will be resurrected in the near future.

For Persona Kart Racing; fans were dreaming for Persona Kart Racer so they decided to make their own flash game with Mario Kart's gameplay style and having character roster from the whole series; they also wished if Atlus would develop it in the near future.

So which combat racing IP you prefer to see by the next-gen console era?
MotorStorm (PS5) or Persona Kart Racing (Switch/PS5)

P.S I vote for MotorStorm series while leaving the entire Persona series in the dust! Because since I got sick of Persona series and I'm not a fan of kart racers too.
I'd also rather have off-road racing/rallying over kart racers too!

• 
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 7119 Posts

If its Persona related I buy.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'd rather Sony not make a new Motorstorm. Itd probably be a walking simulator and all the races would be cutscenes......

In seriousness ....a new MS would be great... but there's probably a 0 percent chance it happens. Maybe a VR version for PS5 like they did with wipeout.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 5520 Posts

@mclarenmaster18:

Ehh...kart racers are usually pretty boring. And I actually loved Motorstorm Apocalypse so...yeah. Definitely Motorstorm.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 5503 Posts

Interesting, I was just watching old IGN reviews of the three PS3 Motorstorm games. They all scored well. It’s just a shame arcade racing kind of died and Motorstorm Apocalypse (game three) sold so poorly. And now that Evolution Studios is closed I highly doubt the series will be coming back, at least for a very long time and made by someone else (like what happened with Twisted Metal)

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 6061 Posts

While I don't see it happening, I'd love to see a new MotorStorm but with the studio dead its doubtful.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40625 Posts

@sakaixx said:

If its Persona related I buy.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 148 Posts

Motorstorm vr in the style of apocalypse would be insane. Can you imagine those earthquakes twisters tsunamis and storms in vr. Excited just thinking about it.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 8817 Posts

Between the two, Motorstorm. In reality, Twisted Metal.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

Motorstorm.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 2922 Posts

Why not just bring back Twisted Metal

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 148 Posts

@jaydan: they are completely different so I'd want both to be fair.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jaydan

@floppydics said:

Sorry, I misread the thread, I was under the impression of car combat games, not combat racers.

I think we are overdue for a new Twisted Metal game, and as far as racers go I think it would be cool to do a sequel to ModNation Racers as well.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jcrame10

@jaydan: the Twisted Metal reboot happened in 2012, had good reviews but terrible sales. Also, all the studios who made the Twisted Metal games are now closed.

Edit: for anyone who cares, the four studios who made the games were: Singletrac, 989 Studios, Incognito Entertaiment and Eat Sleep Play. RIP

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jaydan

@jcrame10 said:

@jaydan: the Twisted Metal reboot happened in 2012, had good reviews but terrible sales. Also, all the studios who made the Twisted Metal games are now closed.

Edit: for anyone who cares, the four studios who made the games were: Singletrac, 989 Studios, Incognito Entertaiment and Eat Sleep Play. RIP

I know about the PS3 reboot, I own that game. 2012 seems like a long-ass time ago. I still think a modern Twisted Metal game would be awesome. It would throw in some needed gameplay variety under Sony's current catalog of games.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jcrame10

@jaydan: it would but I don’t think it would sell and Sony probably feels the same. It’s the same way they won’t bring back Motorstorm, Resistance or SOCOM. Demand isn’t high enough and sales won’t turn a profit. Arcade racers and tactical shooters aren’t the in anymore, people want racing sims and twitch shooters

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jaydan

@jcrame10 said:

@jaydan: it would but I don’t think it would sell and Sony probably feels the same. It’s the same way they won’t bring back Motorstorm, Resistance or SOCOM. Demand isn’t high enough and sales won’t turn a profit. Arcade racers and tactical shooters aren’t the in anymore, people want racing sims and twitch shooters

It's a real shame Sony is sacrificing gameplay variety just because some of them aren't top-sellers. I guess it works out better for Nintendo because people buy their consoles FOR Nintendo.

Sony can lean over a stronger 3rd-party lineup; but regardless, it's a shame gameplay variety has gotten slimmer over the last two generations and we see the extinction of once-beloved franchises.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8224 Posts

For me, Motorstorm it is. That series was one of, if not my most favorite series of last gen, and was one of the reasons why I bought a ps3 in the 1st place.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jcrame10

@jaydan: yeah I agree but to be fair Sony has taken a lot of risk on games and studios that did not sell well. Especially in the PS3 era when they were hurting to get back to the top.

It’s pretty shitty that now they’re back in the lead, and especially now that we have to pay for PS Plus, that we are seeing less exclusive titles and multiplayer. If you compare this gen to last gen it doesn’t even compare.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 1403 Posts

The answer is clearly

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 2337 Posts
@dimebag667 said:

The answer is clearly

Yep Rumble Racing will definitely look more relevant than Persona Kart racing.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MclarenMaster18

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@mclarenmaster18:

Ehh...kart racers are usually pretty boring. And I actually loved Motorstorm Apocalypse so...yeah. Definitely Motorstorm.

I kinda agreed with your opinion on kart racers, the main reason why I don't like Persona series anymore because the story is pretty weird IMO.

I also can imagine if Persona Kart racer gets released onto PS5 or Xbox Scarlett, then it wouldn't be very popular plus I guess Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport will be much more popular than that!

Since what I've known most racing fans who prefer realistic-looking car games, not cheesy kart racers so they have a choice to choose Xbox (Forza) or Playstation (Gran Turismo).

But on the other hand, kart racing fans would prefer Nintendo because of Mario Kart.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MclarenMaster18

@jaydan said:
@floppydics said:

Sorry, I misread the thread, I was under the impression of car combat games, not combat racers.

I think we are overdue for a new Twisted Metal game, and as far as racers go I think it would be cool to do a sequel to ModNation Racers as well.

ModNation Racers? no way I don't want to see this IP to return.

To me, kart racers don't fit for Playstation and Xbox's library of racing games in my opinion.

For combat racing games I would much more prefer to see on Playstation/Xbox library of racing games are the ones has to do cars ramming against each other like Burnout for example.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 2920 Posts

persona kart.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36464 Posts

Not likely to ever happen with the studio gone, but I would like a new Motorstorm.