Motion Control Wars have began

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamez206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamez206
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Who is going to perfect Motion Control.....

Nintendo introduced it

Sony tried it

Microsoft is re-vamping it

who will win? and why

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
If by war you mean battle for second place between MS and Sony, then I agree.
Return-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Return-Fire
Member since 2009 • 134 Posts

And the Wii is lacking power. :cry:

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Going by what was showed, the Wii-mote plus wins single-handled thanks too:

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

Sony's looks more impressive than any of the others imo.

Too much can go wrong with M$'s.. like what happens if someone walks behind you while your playing? If the camer picks it up.. it could fubar you.. or maybe even your clothes blending in with the background.. etc..

masterdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 masterdante
Member since 2007 • 1497 Posts

well.... nintendos because you wont have to pay 200$ for it and it will actually be supported

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
Sony will win. I was very impressed with theirs.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
If by war you mean battle for second place between MS and Sony, then I agree.tbone29
I agree with this guy. Sony and M$ were backed into a corner when Nintendo introduced motion control. Nintendo has two advantages over M$ and Sony: Their video games are 10 dollars cheaper, and they have a head start when it comes to motion control.
redmetal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 redmetal86
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts
this makes me want to go back and watch beast wars
Dark5tar_cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dark5tar_cloud
Member since 2004 • 98 Posts

oh sony by far and the wii.............LOL and there graphs still with the mega drive NO HOPE. XBOX AND SONY

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
I think you mean "Begun the motion control wars have" I was really surprised by the varied methods for motion control from all three...The thing is that Sony has the precision RIGHT NOW. HOWEVER, the fact that the camera is nothing more than a modified eyetoy is a huge problem. B/c Natal is in the dev stage still, there is nothing stopping them from adding a similar controller...This would give them by far the upper hand, as the natal camera is far ahead of the rest...
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
If all the motion controls come to fruition like each platform holder would like, MS has by far the bigger ceiling for what can be done with motion controls, it is also probably the most likely not to ever work as advertised as well
masterdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 masterdante

this makes me want to go back and watch beast warsredmetal86

YESS... beast wars = ... oh wait thats right beast wars has no equal

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Happy to see it....I hope it now makes Nintendo come back with something else
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
they're both still just prototypes. both will flop, and both will probably be done by the time wii2 comes out.
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts
nintendo has already established a successful motion control device, and well implemented in many quality games microsoft and sony has done neither, and wont for atleast a few years or possibly longer as tbone29 mentioned above, it will be a fight for 2nd place between sony and microsoft, with nintendo obviously being the winner
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#17 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

well.... nintendos because you wont have to pay 200$ for it and it will actually be supported

masterdante
Agreed.
Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Trigger_Hppy
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts

I'm hoping both Sony's and Microsoft's fail, I've never been a fan of motion control, and these new peripherals don't convince me. If they do take off, well then I guess its off to PC gaming for me.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
Well one things for sure, when it comes to painting, the Microsoft elephant painting was waaaaay better than sony's wall painting:P
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Well one things for sure, when it comes to painting, the Microsoft elephant painting was waaaaay better than sony's wall painting:P-DrRobotnik-

I don't believe that the Asian girl is bundled with the camera :(

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

masterdante

Is it actually 100% confirmed from a reliable source to cost $200?

masterdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 masterdante

[QUOTE="masterdante"]

FamiBox

Is it actually 100% confirmed from a reliable source to cost $200?

i dont know for sure, but i mean, ms charges 100$ for wifi.. so i highly doubt it will be any cheaper

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts
In an interview with miyamoto they asked what he thought about the other companies motion controls, and he said that the people working at their studios on their new hardware and motion controls already new about it that technology, also he's happy they're using motion controls to get people off the couch now. Maybe they found something that's even better than both of those and they're working on that O.O
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
All are pretty lame to me.
killerkane246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 killerkane246
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts

I really don't think that both sony and microsoft need these new controllers. If I were to pick the one controller that could have the most potential it would probably be the sony one. With the PSEYE the system can read your leg and other body movements just like natal, There is and input controller you can hold, and it seems to be as percise as the wii motion plus. I think that natal will be the next eye toy with few games and few opprotunities to stand out. Sony could actually implement this into many of their upcoming titles.

screechmario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 screechmario
Member since 2009 • 449 Posts

Nintendo because theirs is out, has a library of games, and 50 million users.

/thread

xscott1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xscott1018
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
i would say either microsoft or nintendo. there are some interesting things in the motion scene.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wolverine4262

I really don't think that both sony and microsoft need these new controllers. If I were to pick the one controller that could have the most potential it would probably be the sony one. With the PSEYE the system can read your leg and other body movements just like natal, There is and input controller you can hold, and it seems to be as percise as the wii motion plus. I think that natal will be the next eye toy with few games and few opprotunities to stand out. Sony could actually implement this into many of their upcoming titles.

killerkane246
actually the ps eye is not nearly as advanced as natal..also, ms could easily add a controller
killerkane246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 killerkane246
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts

[QUOTE="killerkane246"]

wolverine4262

actually the ps eye is not nearly as advanced as natal..also, ms could easily add a controller

They could add a controller but adding a contoller would destroy the purpose of image capture which was their original plan. I think that Natal will be more focused toward the casual audience while Sony's will be able to implement these controls in their real blockbuster titles.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="killerkane246"]

killerkane246

They could add a controller but adding a contoller would destroy the purpose of image capture which was their original plan. I think that Natal will be more focused toward the casual audience while Sony's will be able to implement these controls in their real blockbuster titles.

I dont see why they cant use image capture AND a controller...
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

nintendo already won before the war even started with their massive massive userbase and the 3 year + headstart

Harry_Balzac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Harry_Balzac
Member since 2009 • 405 Posts

Who cares about these silly gimmicky controllers really? Certainly not me... Let the wii do the motion thing, and let 360 and PS3 stick to the great games maximized to take advantage of the controllers and it's attributes, that the damn machines shipped with.

I can't believe lemmings and cows would be silly enough to bother using MAJOR CORPORATION MILKAGE as a system wars weapon. All PS3 and 360 gamers should work in harmony and unison to NOT buy these tacked on peripherals, so these companies learn to incorporate them from the start, so the machine is bulit with them in mind and functions to it's utmost potential...or not bother at all.

Me, I've played the Wii, didn't enjoy the nunchuka motion thing, and thought the graphics were primitive to the point of laughter. I'd rather stick with my tradition controllers...And just let Sony and MS try to optimize there ergonomics, comfort and button setups each time they release a new console.

adman66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 adman66
Member since 2003 • 1744 Posts

masterdante
we have a winner,
Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts
[QUOTE="killerkane246"]

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"] actually the ps eye is not nearly as advanced as natal..also, ms could easily add a controllerwolverine4262

I dont see why they cant use image capture AND a controller...

MS themselves claimed the controller was limiting them. If they wanted a controller, they would have included it in the demo. They didnt and they made it clear the controller is YOU. Ironically enough, a lack of controller is the clear limitation
screechmario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 screechmario
Member since 2009 • 449 Posts

Hey weren't you one of the guys who said you were going to quit console gaming and move onto PC if your console got motion control?

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26784717&tag=topics;title