Most overrrated game of all time?

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TailBlood
Member since 2011 • 944 Posts

Hey guys! I just wanted to hear your opinions on some of the game that are overrrated to you. My picks:

Uncharted 2: Because I like to hate on that popular game that had over 108 goty awards, and a 96% in metacritic.

Half life 2: Because I like to hate on that popular game which has over 60 goty awards, and is considered the best shooter of all time.

Resident evil 4: Becaue I like to hate on that popular game which revived a stale and dated franchise.

Mass effect 2: Because I like to hate on that popular game which received over 100 goty award, due to that fact that it isn't boring and complex, hence it doesn't make me feel superior and smart.

Bioshock: Because I like to hate on that popular game which originally was cool and original, but as people kept saying it was great and it received over 60 goty awards, I wanted to be the black sheep.

Final Fanasy 7: Because I like to hate on that popular game which introduced millions of non-rpg gamers to well... rpg's.

Halo: Because I like to hate on that popular game that popularized the first person shooter genre, and has added the name "My buddies like to drink with me on the couch, while we play halo."

What are your picks?

demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

lol, you picked a bunch of games that I actually like. I was going to say Homefront and many other recent FPS's.

TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TailBlood

lol, you picked a bunch of games that I actually like. I was going to say Homefront and many other recent FPS's.

demonic_85

Why do you like those games? They are overated so they suck!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Halo! The most overrater game i have ever got to know, the game is awful

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
for once, i actually like one of your posts. keep up the good work :)
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
You know, when I go into a thread about the "Most overrated game of all time", I wish that the OP would actually talk about a single game and attempt to make their case, on that single game. I didn't know one game meant five, but that's just me.
TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TailBlood

for once, i actually like one of your posts. keep up the good work :)yellosnolvr
Thanks. It's just an opinion of course, these games need to be exposed for being overated and thus they suck.

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

finalstar2007

Too bad It's better then Halo in every way....

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]You know, when I go into a thread about the "Most overrated game of all time", I wish that the OP would actually talk about a single game and attempt to make their case, on that single game. I didn't know one game meant five, but that's just me.

Hidden poll.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

GTA4.

*Leaves thread*

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

finalstar2007
Lol. way to go. If it weren't for Halo (controls) and Halo 2 (online) completely paving the way for console shooters, Cod would have remained a PC only game and that crap MW3 sig you have wouldnt be shown. Anyways, mine has got to be EVERY Cod after 4. Rehash-9.5 Rehash-9.0 Rehash- 8.5
TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TailBlood

You know, when I go into a thread about the "Most overrated game of all time", I wish that the OP would actually talk about a single game and attempt to make their case, on that single game. I didn't know one game meant five, but that's just me.drinkerofjuice
You know, when someone posts in my thread I expect for them to actually contribute something instead of attempting to increase their post count by going off topic. :o

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
no game is overrated
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

Overrated by whos standards, mine? Whats the most highly acclaimed game that I don't like or which highly acclaimed game do I dislike the most?

Well personally the highest rated game that I don't rank among my favorites is Super Mario Galaxy. My least like highly rated game has to be Street Fighter 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Morrowind: The game is broken and just no fun to play. I don't understand the hype around it and why everyone tries to use it when bashing Oblivion (which is an awful game unmodded too) or how it is the best thing since sliced bread. I'll take Gothic 1 or 2 any day of the week over Morrowind.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 drinkerofjuice

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]You know, when I go into a thread about the "Most overrated game of all time", I wish that the OP would actually talk about a single game and attempt to make their case, on that single game. I didn't know one game meant five, but that's just me.TailBlood

You know, when someone posts in my thread I expect for them to actually contribute something instead of attempting to increase their post count by going off topic. :o

Tell me: What's the point in contributing in a thread that's been made thousands of times before? Eventually, you get tired of repeating yourself.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

[QUOTE="TailBlood"]

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]You know, when I go into a thread about the "Most overrated game of all time", I wish that the OP would actually talk about a single game and attempt to make their case, on that single game. I didn't know one game meant five, but that's just me.drinkerofjuice

Tell me: What's the point in contributing in a thread that's been made thousands of times before? Eventually, you get tired of repeating yourself.

Same could be said about most of the other threads on system wars.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
Gallup poll showed the most overrated ended up being: Halo Crysis
Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Goldeneye

because its actually a bad game

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Portal. I thought it was all right but never understood the big fuss about it.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

finalstar2007
This all the way.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 drinkerofjuice

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"][QUOTE="TailBlood"]You know, when someone posts in my thread I expect for them to actually contribute something instead of attempting to increase their post count by going off topic. :o

Whiteblade999

I know right? This place sucks. :P
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

Geow franchise by far, fallowed by Halo 3, odst, and reach.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Resistance 1, the game was horrible to me.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I have a hard time saying of all time... just gonna throw in KZ 2 and 3.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Hey guys! I just wanted to hear your opinions on some of the game that are overrrated to you. My picks:

Uncharted 2: Because I like to hate on that popular game that had over 108 goty awards, and a 96% in metacritic.

Half life 2: Because I like to hate on that popular game which has over 60 goty awards, and is considered the best shooter of all time.

Resident evil 4: Becaue I like to hate on that popular game which revived a stale and dated franchise.

Mass effect 2: Because I like to hate on that popular game which received over 100 goty award, due to that fact that it isn't boring and complex, hence it doesn't make me feel superior and smart.

Bioshock: Because I like to hate on that popular game which originally was cool and original, but as people kept saying it was great and it received over 60 goty awards, I wanted to be the black sheep.

What are your picks?

TailBlood

Do FF7 next.

TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TailBlood

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"] Tell me: What's the point in contributing in a thread that's been made thousands of times before? Eventually, you get tired of repeating yourself.drinkerofjuice

I know right? This place sucks. :P

I agree. All the people who contribute nothing, yet critizise repitition. Love it. By the way, why did you post on a thread that has been done millions of times before?

EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EABGamer
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts

Halo! Nothing else is more over hyped. I still remember seeing halo 3 plastered on everythin even soda bottles. Its a good game don't me wrong and will miss halo 4 when it comes out due to selling off the 360 for a ps3 (due to online pay to play). Its just not what people make it out to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

overrated and underrated are terms that get thrown around by a lot of people (not saying you) that don't know what they really mean.

A game has to go through phases before its overrated. It starts off as fantastic and the best thing ever. People hear this and buy it. then they too already have opinions formed of what it should be. They either agree and spread the word further or totally disagree and complain like your post. They get overrated because they are in essence very good games. People who think they are overrated just don't like them either for personal reasons or its just not their taste

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Honestly, Half Life 2 gets more praise an attention than it truly deserves. It's a good game, but FAR from the greatest game of all time. It's a generic shooter that hasn't aged well, unlike some of the other great games from its time.

BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts

I want to say Minecraft but I enjoyed it too much.

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts

Honestly, Half Life 2 gets more praise an attention than it truly deserves. It's a good game, but FAR from the greatest game of all time. It's a generic shooter that hasn't aged well, unlike some of the other great games from its time.

GeoffZak
I agreed. When I first played it... what a huge dissappointment.
BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts

yeah man i deus ex might be 12 years old but i played it last night and the graphics were UGLY

OVERRATED HERP DERP

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

GeoffZak
I have to agree, its gameplay is nothing too great, the story is pretty meh, and the characters are boring as all hell. I mean why praise a game for storytelling when it doesn't have a good story to tell :?
sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
[QUOTE="BigDaddyPOLO"]

yeah man i deus ex might be 12 years old but i played it last night and the graphics were UGLY

OVERRATED HERP DERP

How is it overrated if it is ugly by today's standards? Graphics were decent back in the day...
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#37 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

This thread is so overrated. I'm leaving.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Uncharted 2 The most overrater game i have ever got to know, the game is awful

finalstar2007
I agree with this. In all seriousness, just cause I don't like it doesn't mean it's over rated.
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

Oblivion and Fallout 3.

How those amorphous messes got anything above a 6 will always trascend my comprehension.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Orange Box: WAIIT DONT SEND NINJAS YET!!! Let me Explain.

Half-Life 2 Ep1 and ep2.

Really it is a good game, but I dont understand the hype surroundng it. The 'amazing storytelling' isnt that amzing, a silent protaginist with everything from a first person view? The story itself isnt that amazing, the only compelling thig being G-Man whom we know nothing about. The gameplay is good though, and can be legitimly fun, however it was never a complete blast to play or the great experiance that people say make it amazing. It was just ther and would give HL 2 ep 1 and ep 2 a combination of an 8 at best and frankly find the wait/hype for 3 unnessayr for a franchise that is just good.

Poratl a fun quirky puzzle game that is worht a play through or two, glados is humerous, and the puzzle genuianly enetertaining to do, only an occasional stumper that causes frustration and longer thought, this really is the best part of Orange Box, but I never got the E-hard on from it or its ending and thouht it was a fun one off that really didnt need a full length sequel.

Team Fortress 2: A really fun MP only game. Not really my personal peference of MP, still occasional fun when the mood strikes.

Rely though it is a good deal, but since those games are nothing special to me i waited for price drops before i bought it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts
The only ones the come to mind for me are all the recent COD games (I'm not much of an online gamer so I guess I just don't get all the hype) and GTA 4 (I got bored of it after a few days... that should happen in a GTA game!).
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

Most people here don't really like the game, but in terms of critical appeal, GTAIV.

Also, GRAW 360 bored me to tears.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
This was a great post, dude. More such games would include MGS4 (because I like to hate on the game that turned a flagging system's fortunes around, got GotY awards everywhere, and got so many perfect scores, it ain't even funny) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (because I like to hate on what is universally considered the greatest game of all time) Halo: Combat Evolved (because I like to hate on what is considered one of the most well made games of all time, and one that is credited with popularizing the FPS genre for the masses)
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
Ive got a couple. Infamous and MGS4. The first Infamous looked like a ps2 game. The actual game was ok, but it was just ugly as hell, I couldn't get past it. MGS4 was a good game as well but not a 10. No way.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#45 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

- Modern Warfare2

- AC 1/2

- GTA IV

- Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

- WOW

- RE4

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
Call of duty....
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

The Halo series.

markko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 markko84
Member since 2011 • 212 Posts

Half-life 2. it surpasses the halo series and GTA IV.

Half-life 1 is WAY better.

killeracer0210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 killeracer0210
Member since 2009 • 1475 Posts

Mario Kart because i don't like Kart racing games

John_Read

Forum Posts