• Street Fighter
  • Tekken
  • Uncharted
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Yakuza
  • Zombi

There are many more I can think of.

That reminds me: Forza Motorsport.

Now that is an overrated excuse for a game. P.U.

#52 Posted by Bluestars (165 posts) -

Final fantasy

Anything Lego or Star Wars related

Batman and other super hero games

#53 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5108 posts) -

@Arkhalipso:

"If a game is well known and praised by both people and critics but you don't like it, then you are the problem."

That would mean that the person has very rare tastes. Some might say it's a good thing but then again, that basically makes it hard for that person to find something they like. I'd consider that hell. #basicbítch

#54 Posted by Macutchi (6797 posts) -
@Sushiglutton said:
@Macutchi said:
@Sushiglutton said:

I think the entire universe is pretty overrated tbh. I mean wtf is there so much empty space? Also what's up with everything decaying? So sick of having to clean my apartment because of this stupid shit. Why is everything that tastes good bad for the body? People seem to think the universe is 10/10, but no way it's more than a 4.

blame that god fellow. now that is one seriously overrated guy.

The laziest of devs!

amen

#55 Posted by Arkhalipso (2346 posts) -
@Macutchi said:
@Arkhalipso said:

If a game is well known and praised by both people and critics but you don't like it, then you are the problem.

impeccable logic

I meant to say that you'd have to be pretty egocentric to think that every single game you don't like but many people do like is overrated. There are many games that I couldn't play for more than a couple of hours yet people love them, but I don't think they are overrated and can indeed notice their quality, how the devs nailed whatever they were trying to accomplish, or even how much effort they put.

I don't think I've ever played a game which I thought was legitimately bad that people liked a lot. Maybe the newer Tomb Raider games, but that's because I've played Uncharted, and I don't think they are that bad.

#56 Posted by warmblur (2532 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 4

It's influence destroy great series like Battlefield, F.E.A.R., Crysis, and Medal of Honor etc... COD4 was like a virus that dumbed down the FPS genre and to this day FPS truly never have fully recovered.

COD4 is to FPS what gears is to TPS. ruined the genre.

Good point

#57 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

@nepu7supastar7: doom 2016, dues ex, half life, mafia 1, Hitman (not absolution) stalker games, System Shock

@carljohnsoncj said:

Doom 2016

Metro series

Stalker series

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Everything ghosts likes.

@Pedro said:

Any game that Ghost likes is overrated. Its a great way to gauge the quality of game.

@carljohnsoncj said:

Stalker, Deus EX

Plus Max Payne

#58 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10010 posts) -

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 4

It's influence destroy great series like Battlefield, F.E.A.R., Crysis, and Medal of Honor etc... COD4 was like a virus that dumbed down the FPS genre and to this day FPS truly never have fully recovered.

COD4 is to FPS what gears is to TPS. ruined the genre.

Good point

Thankfully we have id software to save FPS genre.

#59 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18989 posts) -

Lol, Ghosts.

#60 Posted by Jendeh (123 posts) -

This is all subjective and really it's a ridiculous thread cause nothing but awesome games are being mentioned, but I think for me it's anything "Mario." I think the only Mario game I've ever enjoyed was Mario Golf lol.

#61 Posted by ButDuuude (1352 posts) -

LoL your opinions are wrong.

#62 Posted by BaelNergal (232 posts) -

My list:

• Assassin's Creed. Any of them. On second thought, let's just put "Ubisoft" here.
  • God of War. Any of them.
  • StarCitizen.
  • Halo. Any of them.
  • Doom 2016.
  • Doom Infinite.
  • Nearly any Marvel/DC Game. Except for Spiderman PS4; I have to give credit where it's due.
  • GTA series. 5 in particular.
  • Call of Duty. Any of them.
  • Final Fantasy 8.
  • Whatever game Ghosts4ever is playing at the moment :P
  • Sims 3.
  • Just about any Star Wars game.
  • Just about any Star Trek game.
  • Diablo 3.
  • World of Warcraft.
#63 Edited by Yams1980 (3513 posts) -

I agree with almost every game mentioned here. Witcher 3 especially, took me over a year to finish it I was so bored with it but I felt i had to at least finish it to complete the story.

Terrible combat and skill/level progression not to mention the awful inventory management. This applies to Witcher 1-2 also.

If it wasn't for CD projeck reds consistant anti drm and live service stance over the many years, they would be laughed out of business.

#64 Posted by uninspiredcup (33682 posts) -

It's amazing how some people still can't distinguish the difference between "overrated" and "I don't like".

#65 Posted by narlymech (1677 posts) -

I'll just say battle royale games. Pretty bad for the casual gamer I think. I just don't think the mode is fun.

#66 Posted by lilhurk1985187 (404 posts) -

Uncharted series

MGS after the 1st game

Final Fantasy

Half Life

Witcher

Red Dead

Tekken

#67 Posted by uninspiredcup (33682 posts) -

@lilhurk1985187 said:

Uncharted series

MGS after the 1st game

Final Fantasy

Half Life

Witcher

Red Dead

Tekken

Metal Gear Solid 2, along with Halflife 2 and Duke3D before them was instrumental in popularizing interactive environments as well as an important demonstration of the PS2's power. To this day, the game is still visually impressive using a plethora of effects that truly was a visual leap for it's time, when it was shown the audience had to be reassured it was real and running on the hardware.

Loading Video...

As far Halflife, it shouldn't really need explained but it is one of the most influential games of all time for multiple reasons. It's prolonged non-combative tram ride is still emulated in dozens of games to this day, it's use of scripted events devoid of cutscenes, it's use of NPC's, varied game-gameplay (which Halflife 2 improved upon) and effect on modding which itself spawned multiple of the worlds most well known and popular games, namely - Counterstrike.

Just to reiterate - "I don't like" and "overrated" and not the same thing

#68 Posted by Litchie (24037 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

It's amazing how some people still can't distinguish the difference between "overrated" and "I don't like".

Well, if there's a game you feel like lots of people love, but you dislike, you're gonna feel the game is overrated. There's not like there's much thought or research going on here.

#69 Posted by robert_sparkes (3084 posts) -

Any COD not interested me since 2 and 3 on 360.

#70 Posted by ProjectPat187 (2157 posts) -

God of War, without a doubt is the most overrated game ever.

#71 Posted by Heirren (1537 posts) -

Uncharted are good games, but they are overrated in the sense that the hype they recieve is that of the second coming of Christ. Not just by fans, but Sony itself as well. They act like they have the cure for aids with this series.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
#72 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (69 posts) -

Ryse: God Of War

#73 Posted by robert_sparkes (3084 posts) -

Crash after playing the remasters it isn't all that.

#74 Posted by avenger85 (236 posts) -

God of War, it’s a decent game but no where near a master piece. It’s like it took every that made the originals good like boss fight and fast paced combat and tossed it out the window.

Another one in my opinion that is over rated is path of exile.

#75 Posted by AJuiceMatts (36 posts) -

any game i don't play

#76 Posted by jg4xchamp (61619 posts) -

In relation to its praise Ocarina of Time.

Half Life 2 is wack too, but it's probably bare minimum good at least, even though it was the beginning of the end for FPS games. So cup and his cronies can thank that game n series for too much scripting, way too much walking so someone can tell a story, not having cutscenes for stories which are objectively better for games since you CAN SKIP THEM SHITS, the complete gimped mobility that was found in PC shooters before Half Life ruined gave the first steps to ruining the genre (Halo and CoD did the finishing touches) and of course the obnoxious tutorialization Valve needed to do so they can get their Miyamoto on.

But, again, I digress, Half Life 2 is at least good. It's focus is a bit more admirable, even if the execution is one of the most dull FPS games for hours on end in between segments where it's okay.

Ocarina? Highly influential title, yes. But it's shallow as hell as a game. It and its ilk are absolutely wasteful when it comes to their design concepts, so many items are rigid in their use, work too much like a key to a lock, the combat messes up every basic thing a third person combat system could get wrong that isn't how it feels to hit something (which yes it did take until DMC1 n Onimusha before we got that right), but it's regarded as one of the best games ever, and the best game of its year.

And that's pretty absurd considering 98's other great games: Resident Evil 2, Starcraft, Thief: The Dark Project, Radiant Silvergun, Tekken 3, Tribes, F-Zero X, Rogue Squadron, all came out that year, all of them play well.

#77 Posted by Caj1986 (297 posts) -

The last of us. The Ps fanboys act like its the HOLY GRAIL all cz its a exclusive. If itbwas on all platforms ppl view or review it the same way. (yes i have played)

#78 Posted by WhynotWynaut (5 posts) -

Fortnight can go die in a hole.

This is more of a Pokémon complaint but I am tired of people who say Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow are the best Pokémon games and choose to force that logic on others.

MclarenMaster18 said on his list of overrated IP's, Little Big Planet, This is not true because very little amount of people I talk to have never even heard of the LBP series. 1 out of 20 people If I'm lucky, so Little Big Planet is not overrated but it is Underrated.

#79 Posted by DocSanchez (5310 posts) -

People posting a list of around 20-50 games: these are just games you don''t like. Your opinion is worthless if you just dilute it by posting shite.

My choice would be Gone Home, which in every way would be a totally inoffensive walking simulator were it not game of the year in some places and treated like some great cultural icon. It's not even a game.

#80 Posted by Heirren (1537 posts) -

@DocSanchez:

Sounds like Heavy Rain, that won game of the year and its not even a game.

#81 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1610 posts) -

Every game you like.

#82 Posted by pelvist (7406 posts) -

Every console exclusive that iv been suckered into buying circa 2005 except BOTW. Also:

Doom 2016

Dark Souls games

Resident Evil 4

...and last but definitely not least: Gone Home, what a bag of shit that was.