most console gamers do not uprade their pc?!

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 435 Posts

or rare upgrading (maybe every 8-10+ years) .because theyre not interesting in knowing pc .exception streamers or casual console gamer.is it true?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29920 Posts

I don't upgrade my PC very often. Last time I purchased was 5 years ago. It's too expensive to keep on top of it, and I don't see the benefits being substantially better. But when I finally do upgrade, woah, it's a noticeable difference lol.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 10293 Posts

I haven't bothered upgrading. I cannibalized my previous PC putting its extra parts into the newer PC when I bought it about 6 years ago. As I don't play anything modern on it, sticking mostly to UT 2004 when the itch needs scratching, it does everything I need it too. I leave the gaming to my Playstation.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 6560 Posts

Primarly console gamers dont upgrade their PC's? this is shocking news, how did you come up with this?

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 1564 Posts

Even when I was mainly playing on PC I didn't bothered upgrading that much. As long as I could run the games I wanted to play I was fine with it. Traditionally my PCs have always been much more CPU oriented than GPU.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29920 Posts
@Telekill said:

I leave the gaming to my Playstation.

Feeling The Word At Church GIF - Church Praise Hallelujah - Discover &  Share GIFs

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 osan0
Member since 2004 • 16133 Posts

why would they upgrade their if the one they currently have does the job for them? no point in splashing cash on a 3070 or 6800 just to watch cat videos and browse the internet.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11416 Posts

It's true for me. When I played on PC I was trading up constantly and selling my old stuff, I would upgrade almost every 3-6 months (it helped that I worked at an OEM reseller and got discounts). Now when I'm gaming primarily on console I only upgrade every 6-8 years. I recently upgraded from a Core i3 32xx because there was an opportunity to do so for very little cost. I would have still kept it and not upgraded if not for that, and I've built so many PCs and done tech support so much in my life the last thing I wanted to do was put another one together.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2894 Posts

I built a gaming PC in 2013 for about $700 and it easily beat the PS4 and XBO, even their pro versions for the entire life of those consoles. However, in 2019 I bought a new case, CPU, motherboard, RAM, and GPU, reusing the PSU for about $600, and sold the old one to my brother for about $300 and according to benchmarks it's playing games the new gen consoles are playing, just as well at as fast or faster frame rates sooooooo, I may not even need to do anything to this one for a while. If anything, I'll get a new GPU a bit later since no game today even comes remotely close to maxing my CPU or RAM, my GPU is the bottleneck.

I am also primarily a PC player and haven't owned or played on a console since the Xbox 360, my last Playstation console was a PS2.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2348 Posts

seeing as the majority of pc gamers slum it at 1080..1440...should an upgrade to console be the question?

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3005 Posts

Maybe they're just too broke to have disposable income.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 5254 Posts

I change something in my PC every 6-12 months. I can’t imagine using decade old tech and being OK with that... Everything moves so fast and improves sho much. This place is super casual though, so the responses here make sense

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4989 Posts

I like the idea of pc gaming but I know me and I'd want the best every time a new graphics card comes out that's a me problem. My brother only upgrades when it's needed that's the difference.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 33820 Posts

My PC is creeping up on being 20 years old now. I got into a bunch of PC games at the time like StarCraft, Baldur’s Gate I and II, Warcraft II and III, The Sims, Icewind Dale, Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, and others. I really enjoyed them at the time and still do play them occasionally. I just never felt compelled enough to keep up with PC and just preferred to game on consoles. I very rarely even ever turn on my PC and it’s just mainly to go play one of my old PC games. There’s stretches of years where my PC has never been used. Everything I do these days from gaming to watching YouTube and Netflix or browsing the Internet is just done on either my consoles or my iPad. It’s just more convenient for me that way.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 941 Posts

I have not updated my PC in ages. All I play is old school shooters so I do not need a expensive rig to run anything. A lot of my friends upgrade their PCs just for bragging rights.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10172 Posts

I only play on PC and I hardly ever upgrade. I basically go alongside consoles will probably upgrade next year, so basically 10 years for most of the PC, 7 for the GPU.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 38334 Posts

I still have a Vista PC

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28628 Posts

I don't PC game, and I either just use my laptop or ping into systems for work, so, no.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2894 Posts

@bluestars said:

seeing as the majority of pc gamers slum it at 1080..1440...should an upgrade to console be the question?

Upgrade to console? LMFAO. PC gamers have had access for 4K for many years now with better hardware than what you get in a PS5 or XSX. You should ask them why they CHOOSE to use 1440P.

philamona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By philamona
Member since 2020 • 50 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

Maybe they're just too broke to have disposable income.

Perhaps there needs a poll on this forum on how much users here make. It would be interesting whether PC gamers are more wealthier than console gamers.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57988 Posts

Probably? They may not even own a desktop, and instead have a laptop/tablet. What was the point of this thread?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57988 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I still have a Vista PC

Burn it with fire :P

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 20429 Posts

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5894 Posts

I'm lucky if I play half a dozen games a year, cannot remember the last time I actually purchased a new game.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

According to Steam statistics even PC gamers don't upgrade their PCs.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 16050 Posts

Contrary to popular belief, most PC gamers don't constantly upgrade their unit.

In my case the last "upgrade" was installing a 1TB SSD last year.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26236 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

It's true for me. When I played on PC I was trading up constantly and selling my old stuff, I would upgrade almost every 3-6 months (it helped that I worked at an OEM reseller and got discounts). Now when I'm gaming primarily on console I only upgrade every 6-8 years. I recently upgraded from a Core i3 32xx because there was an opportunity to do so for very little cost. I would have still kept it and not upgraded if not for that, and I've built so many PCs and done tech support so much in my life the last thing I wanted to do was put another one together.

Wow, you actually stuck with the base PS4 or Xbox One throughout the entire gen? That's a bit masochistic.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 45532 Posts

I primarily game on PC for years, you only should upgrade when you need to and forget about "Master Race" card, that's just a foolish meme, just be happy what you have on your PC. GTX 970/980Ti whatever, if the machine is doing whatever makes you happy, no need to upgrade. Just upgrade when your ready is why I game on PC. Me, I upgrade if the framerates isn't meeting my demand and that's like probably 4/5 years I'll upgrade just the GPU and very rarely my CPU.

@briguyb13 said:

According to Steam statistics even PC gamers don't upgrade their PCs.

Most PC gamers don't have to upgrade. People just like to pretend that if you're not playing at ultra settings, then it's time to upgrade...which is BS if you ask me. PC gamers upgrade they want better performance than the mediocre consoles. Personally, I don't upgrade very often, because I don't really care about raw graphic settings and as long as the framerate is ok and I'm getting my monitor's native resolution 1440p/60fps+ I'm happy what I'm getting at.

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Wow, you actually stuck with the base PS4 or Xbox One throughout the entire gen? That's a bit masochistic.

I too stuck with my launch PS4 and to this day, it served its purpose and now that its finally showing its age, I'll be getting PS5 sooner then I plan to lol.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5155 Posts

Upgrade PCs? Most console gamers don't even upgrade their consoles let alone PCs.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4989 Posts

A majority of Console gamers don't care for pc full stop me included.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11416 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: I did get a PS4 Pro. I meant I am only upgrading my PC hardware every 6-8+ years now.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26236 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@DragonfireXZ95: I did get a PS4 Pro. I meant I am only upgrading my PC hardware every 6-8+ years now.

Oh, I see. This sentence threw me off. Lol "Now when I'm gaming primarily on console I only upgrade every 6-8 years."

For some reason, I thought you meant console as well. I guess I read in between the lines too much.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2348 Posts

@eoten:

my facts stand.

but ill guess at the majority having 1440p monitors and pcs not capable of native 4k/60

hah

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4161 Posts

I use my PC for work as a digital artist so when I do upgrade, it's usually every five years and the only old parts that I keep are the SSD, the case and the monitors. The last build cost me around 1800 maybe three years back. I'm totally capable of gaming on all my builds but I sit at this desk for work most of the day, if I do get some gaming in, it's definitely not at the desk. Ipad on the toilet or couch, ps5/XsX when wife goes to bed, switch in the park.