Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

LOL at GS score!!!

Reviewer apparently doesn't know shit about fighting games!!!

Can't find any other reason for this stupid and utterly undeserved score!!!!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Not even a 10/10 would make me buy this. I got my fix with the last game and I just don't have time for a fighter right now, never was a huge MK fan either but I will say the last game was jam packed with single player stuff, and I got my money's worth out of it, but I mostly got it for Predator and Alien.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

No one takes Kallie Plagge's review seriously. In fact I don't really pay any attention to Gamespot reviews at all, I just happen to occasionally be on the boards. What are you guys expecting from a company based on the wrong coast staffed by a bunch of SJW's?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

Pokken is a solid fighting game.

NRS games have bad strings, a shittier fireball game, no or very little hit stop completely crippling the concept of hit confirm, and the shittiest animations in a 60 dollar fighting game to name a few.

Yep. And

Yep.

This adds to the amount of people saying the same things here. They really gotta get their teams on the same level as good game designers. Some of those fireballs and the animations behind them conceal them (especially Kollector). What. Were. They. Thinking!?

Also, the last good MK game was MK9 imo.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#55 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@nfamouslegend said:

No one takes Kallie Plagge's review seriously. In fact I don't really pay any attention to Gamespot reviews at all, I just happen to occasionally be on the boards. What are you guys expecting from a company based on the wrong coast staffed by a bunch of SJW's?

Edmond Tran reviewed it ^

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

@uninspiredcup: https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/days-gone-review-farewell-oregon/1900-6417130/

Not true, where are you getting that info from?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 uninspiredcup

@nfamouslegend said:

@uninspiredcup: https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/days-gone-review-farewell-oregon/1900-6417130/

Not true, where are you getting that info from?

Loading Video...

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

Warners must have threatened to pull ad money. LOL!

But seriously, I don't even feel compelled to pick this up. Mileena's not in it so it doesn't even feel like a real MK game. She was always one of my mainstays.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

@nfamouslegend said:

"Wrong coast?" Can we back off with the political West Coast/East Coast bashing and sterotyping? Not everyone in the coastal areas think the same.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 uninspiredcup

@jg4xchamp said:

@nintendoboy16: I’m bad mouthing MK as a fighting game, because all of its appeal is a child’s understanding of fighting games.

Smash Ultimate is at least moving in a good direction. Outclassed by melee, but gooder than shitty ass brawl and correcting the mistakes of Smash4.

Pokken is a solid fighting game.

NRS games have bad strings, a shittier fireball game, no or very little hit stop completely crippling the concept of hit confirm, and the shittiest animations in a 60 dollar fighting game to name a few.

This is Cups punishment tho for ducking old man Champ in the ass whipping he would have got in anime fighters like FighterZ and Guilty, after old man champ took his Ls in street fighter with grace n integrity.

Cup, buy n play Under Nite you piece of shit

You know aside from that deeply hurtful comment about being a piece of shit, you might be right.

DBZF exists, it's active, dedicated time to this instead is kinda dumb. It's more frustrating than rewarding.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

You know aside from that deeply hurtful comment about being a piece of shit, you might be right.

DBZF exists, it's active, dedicated time to this instead is kinda dumb. It's more frustrating than rewarding.

Under Nite evo hype baby. Orie our lord n savior.

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Yep. And

Yep.

This adds to the amount of people saying the same things here. They really gotta get their teams on the same level as good game designers. Some of those fireballs and the animations behind them conceal them (especially Kollector). What. Were. They. Thinking!?

Also, the last good MK game was MK9 imo.

Bro you can't jump fire balls with any consistency, to the tune the only option is shimmy n stop shimmy n stop. LIKE WHAT?!?! Did you not get why Hadoken works the way it does? AND WHY EVERYONE SINCE HAS MORE OR LESS USED THAT SET UP. Letting them do jumps in works both ways it creates a counter opportunity for the defending player if the shooting player is doing it from a poor distance, it's also bait to get the defending player anti-aired for a super hard punish. Instead, we have this painfully slow, lethargic shit.

And normally I can at least dis some of the bad taste by journos on production value, but seriously with these animations? Are we fucking kidding? I'm still offended by what they did to my boy Darkseid in Injustice 2. Man looks like he struggling n got a straight jacket on.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By uninspiredcup

D'Vorah - 1 medium attack, too slow to actually do anything. 2 low attacks, both too slow to do anything. Basically 1-down is all you can do.

So they get a big ass 1/3 potential health sap, while you get... "a jab" as a reward if you successful circumvent all that incomprehensible bullshit.

**** this game
**** this game

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 uninspiredcup

Yep.

Loading Video...

And this is why you'll be playing the same 4-5 characters over and over.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Yep.

Loading Video...

I don’t think there’s necessarily a bottom tier. Everyone else is just kinda jumbled up fighting for the middle but I will say that Cetrion is at a disadvantage in the mosh pit but she's one of the best "Zoner" around to say the least. I would put Baraka on S tier he’s deadly online and he hits like a truck.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By uninspiredcup

@davillain- said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yep.

Loading Video...

I don’t think there’s necessarily a bottom tier. Everyone else is just kinda jumbled up fighting for the middle but I will say that Cetrion is at a disadvantage in the mosh pit but she's one of the best "Zoner" around to say the least. I would put Baraka on S tier he’s deadly online and he hits like a truck.

I played Fang in SFV who was lowest of the low and done pretty good, but with D'Vorah it really is a struggle. You feel gimled in almost every respect barring range and even then, characters basically launch there asses half way across the screen with combos and you're start up is so slow they will almost always see it coming.

Probably try out the Collector as he basically doesn't show up either, but at least doesn't appear to be terrible.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 uninspiredcup

That's what? 2 weeks after release? And only now are a lot of people able to play the SP and MP properly.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/976310/announcements/detail/1609385662073353481

£50.

50 fucking quid this shit costs.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X: By "Vampire" you mean "Darkstalkers"? Because when I think "Vampire" series, I think World of Darkness (Vampire: The Masquerade, Hunter, Werewolf).

Originally, the series is called Vampire - Vampire, Vampire Hunter, Vampire Savior, etc. In fact, even in the localized versions "Darkstalkers", it says "Vampire" when you insert a credit.

To simplify it, most people just say Vampire Savior, since the tournament scene had a lot of Japanese players along with everyone else.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#68 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Looks like the Switch version had a bit of a graphics related update. (Borrowed from Doctre... I know his reputation, given that a former SW'er that's on YT hates him)

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#69 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
@Midnightshade29 said:

@that_old_guy: Where did these people come from? This site used to have dignity. The reviwers Greg Kasavin, Van Horn , Navaro, and others back in the 2000s were great. Lately all professional reviews have been crap, and ideologically driven, non gamers.

God I miss those guys. Loved their reviews.