More PS4-XBONE resolution-gate, The Witcher 3 & Watch Dogs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for -Damien-
#1 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13713-resolution-gate-controversy-continues-watch-dogs-runs-900p-and-1080p-ps4.html

The Witcher 3: PS4 900P, XBONE 720P

Watch Dogs: PS4 1080P, XBONE 900P

Avatar image for NFJSupreme
#2 Posted by NFJSupreme (6464 posts) -

Pc ftw. Weak sauce consoles confirmed yet again.

Avatar image for misterpmedia
#3 Posted by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

urgh 900p. C'mon guys. :( Nat impressed.

Avatar image for zatorys
#4 Posted by zatorys (626 posts) -

HH i play both in 1440p :)

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
#5 Posted by tdkmillsy (2353 posts) -

This looks about right and will be the normal going forward.

Don't see what the big deal is, if you bought a setup for resolution you would get a PC.

You cannot see the difference on anything less than 65" at normal viewing conditions.

Anyone buying a PS4 over Xbox One just for the resolution is talking shit.

You buy it for the games and the best game this year will be Titanfall and unless you want a PC the Xbox One is the only place to play it at its best.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#6 Posted by princeofshapeir (16567 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

You buy it for the games and the best game this year will be Titanfall and unless you want a PC the Xbox One is the only place to play it at its best.

Titanfall uses the Source engine and it can't even run at 1080p/60 FPS on the XB1, lol.

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
#7 Edited by tdkmillsy (2353 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

@tdkmillsy said:

You buy it for the games and the best game this year will be Titanfall and unless you want a PC the Xbox One is the only place to play it at its best.

Titanfall uses the Source engine and it can't even run at 1080p/60 FPS on the XB1, lol.

But yet it looks the same on PC??

Like I said if you want the best resolution get a PC. If you want the best experience (pick up and go, Xbox Live, Xbox snap, controller, connected to big TV) get it on Xbox One.

It has better resolution than on PS4 :)

Avatar image for clyde46
#8 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

How many fucking threads are we going to get?!

Avatar image for Nightflash28
#9 Posted by Nightflash28 (2321 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@tdkmillsy said:

You buy it for the games and the best game this year will be Titanfall and unless you want a PC the Xbox One is the only place to play it at its best.

Titanfall uses the Source engine and it can't even run at 1080p/60 FPS on the XB1, lol.

But yet it looks the same on PC??

Like I said if you want the best resolution get a PC. If you want the best experience (pick up and go, Xbox Live, Xbox snap, controller, connected to big TV) get it on Xbox One.

It has better resolution than on PS4 :)

No, it runs better on PC.

What are you comparing that experience to? PC, PS4?
Pick up and go: Not on the Xbox One with it's long install times. PS4 beats it, PC possibly as well.
Xbox Snap: Multitasking is easier on PC.
Controller: You can use an Xbox branded controller on your PC. If you mean it's better than the PS4's: opinion.
Connected to big TV: As is the PS4, possible with PC as well. Heck, you can run Titanfall on a good laptop, plugging that into a TV is no big deal.
Xbox Live: on PC, no charges, more freedom. PS4, about equal by now.

Not sure what kind of points you were trying to make here.

Better resolution than the PS4? Have you been asleep these last 3 months?

Avatar image for Karpetburnz
#10 Posted by Karpetburnz (532 posts) -

Dont bother, lmao, its funny how lems damage controll their weaker system by always bringing up Titanfall, thats their number 1 excuse for everything now. "bu bu but Titanfall"

Avatar image for Phazevariance
#11 Posted by Phazevariance (12007 posts) -

LOL pS4 can't even run the Witcher 3 in 1080p @ 60fps. Weak hardware confirmed. 1440p here on my master race PC hardware gonna make playing it on the ps4 make my eyes bleed.