deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

So another new gen then? The next Tegra is new architecture, sheep flip flop on their definitions all the time.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

I held off on the switching thinking it was coming, guessing it will be 2020.

Dunno what to do now.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

To make a slightly more powerful version of your console half way into it's life is really fucking annoying, and I really hope Nin, Sony, and MS stops with this bullshit.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm pretty darn happy with mine. More power won't do it for me. If there's a meaningful upgrade in other features as well, I will consider it

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I am interested. I hate the current iteration of switch, hope they improve the thumbsticks too. Mine was drifting and it was like just a few month after I bought it and had to fix it. Not cool.

- just in case, I do own a switch. Feel free to check my uploaded images.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Now the Witcher 3 port makes sense

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

The Switch has great momentum right now and shows no signs of slowing down. Nintendo's E3 presentation knocked it out of the park with lots of great new games releasing this year and early next which will no doubt make the Switch a hot seller this coming holiday season. Nintendo would be fools to undercut their own sales with an unnecessary hardware revision at this point, especially one that could potentially fragment the user base.

The only hardware upgrade I want to see is a JoyCon redesign with more robust joysticks. Other than that, the Switch is perfect the way it is.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

If it is a new console from Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft I will buy it. I am always excited and willing to spend my money on better hardware so I say hell yeah!

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I see no reason to upgrade. My Switch is for exclusives and I almost play exclusively in portable mode. Nintendo's own games are not graphically intensive.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

What a waste of money.

Yet the sheep will flock to it and buy every version especially if they stick a tri force or pikachu on it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

*Not interested* and I been totally satisfied with my current Switch in terms of games and the portability option is more then enough for my gaming needs.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts

If Nintendo makes a dedicated full powered home console, I be interested. This low powered, low resolution bullshit at premium cost is not going to work for me.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I think if it can play BOTW / BOTW2 more smoothly, it will sell so fast that everybody will be like "wah!"

$500? What do you think? Probably not, right? Probably more like $350-$400. It would mean only a small bump in power I guess? But I might still get it then.

@ronvalencia What do you think is realistically possible for Nintendo to do? Taking into account the heat/cooling limitations for a small form-factor handheld, and the power draw/battery size limitations? Do you know of interesting hardware they could theoretically use, that is at least a year/2 years old by now? (Since they must have struck the deal some time ago to plan for adjustments and then production?) I wonder if there are any likely candidates. I suppose it's extremely likely they use the same brands as they do for the Switch, if only to ensure minimal compatibility issues? Do you expect it to just be a Tegra X2 with less than 50% boost in performance on paper or so? Someone is whispering to me about a T214? I don't even know what that is.

Either way, I doubt it's possible to get PS4 or Xbox One level performance out of a Switch Pro, right? I'm not expecting anything major.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I'm happy with the current Switch, will hold off until the next gen of hardware I think... unless they mange to twist my arm!

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dzimm

@Pedro: "This low powered, low resolution bullshit at premium cost is not going to work for me."

You think $300 is a "premium cost" for a portable game system?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro

@dzimm said:

@Pedro: "This low powered, low resolution bullshit at premium cost is not going to work for me."

For what you are getting yes.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

I’m interested. While I am happy with my Switch currently if Nintendo brought out a more powerful version I would most definitely hop on that.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#19  Edited By adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

I would prefer a more portable version, by the way if this happens look here and in others sites many Nintendo fans that attacked the middle gen upgrades from Sony and Microsoft became suddenly ok with it like it happened with DLC and pay to play online.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dzimm
@Pedro said:
@dzimm said:

For what you are getting yes.

It costs less than an iPad or comparable Android tablet.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I play my Switch docked 99% of the time, so a more powerful console is definitely interesting to me. It's more annoying that mid-gen refreshes are becoming par-for-the-course with these manufacturers... Thankfully MS releasing on PC and Xbox helps with saving me one console (min) a gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@dzimm: The PS4 and Xbox One cost the less and performs better.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mandzilla  Moderator

@Pedro: Can't play them portably though, so they're less versatile. You have to be shackled to a tv, sooo uncivilised. *adjusts monocle* ?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@mandzilla said:

@Pedro: Can't play them portably though, so they're less versatile. You have to be shackled to a tv, sooo uncivilised. *adjusts monocle* ?

I am sorry,I don't go running around like a barbarian while playing games. Its very unbecoming.?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Could they somehow get more power out of the Switch if they just released an upgraded dock? If that was an option and only cost $100-150 I would do it, but not if I have to buy a whole new Switch.

If that's a stupid/naive thought I apologize.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator

@Pedro: Quite, one must stroll at a leisurely pace with a walking cane in one hand, a briefcase in the other and a Nintendo Labo VR headset fixed upon one's cranium. Let the riff raff amuse themselves with their crude, archaic home consoles. Gaming on the go is for the sophisticated go getters. Tally ho! ?

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Day one of course. I love the Switch. (Then again, I love handhelds in general. I owned 4 DS systems, and 2 Psp systems)

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

Could they somehow get more power out of the Switch if they just released an upgraded dock? If that was an option and only cost $100-150 I would do it, but not if I have to buy a whole new Switch.

Modular PC's exist, where you can stack units that add power to the PC. But I think the Switch would have to be build around that and the connection probably needs to be really fast for that to work. I doubt that the USB C port could be used that way.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I’m getting tired of Nintendo not moving forward with technology - or even trying.

Bye Felicia!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Meh, we've been hearing about these rumours for months now... I'll believe it when Nintendo finally announces it.

As for whether I'll be interested in it, obviously depends what the upgrades are. But I'm happy with the current model for now. Maybe next year I'd upgrade.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
@drummerdave9099 said:

They could do whatever they want.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

If you guys would actually read the report they talk about moving production out of China due to tariffs. No mention of new switch consoles.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-moves-some-switch-production-out-of-china-adapting-to-tariff-threat-11560328484?shareToken=stf0fc9817798e40e08b725d3e0fb12bf9

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:
@drummerdave9099 said:

Modular PC's exist, where you can stack units that add power to the PC. But I think the Switch would have to be build around that and the connection probably needs to be really fast for that to work. I doubt that the USB C port could be used that way.

I'm interested if it's like a power PC in some form... Nintendo acknowledging the PC market so the rest of us don't have to because that's all a fearsome thing in it's way...

Well technically it's all so hammy it's the polar opposite of fear but important perhaps whatw whatever something.