More games announced sub 1080p on XB1 even with June SDK

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Indicud said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Indicud said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Indicud said:

@blackace said:

@Indicud: None of the developers have even starting updating any of those games with the SDK yet. The update was just released in June. You expected changes in just a couple of weeks, you moron? Get a clue troll. Isomniac has already said they will start working with the SDK update soon. Blizzard & CD Projekt RED haven't even touched the SDK yet for their games. Come back when you actually have something intelligent to say.

@StormyJoe said:

@Indicud: Really?

Developers cannot simply switch SDKs mid-development, especially when the software is in it's final stages of development. Function calls can change, be added, or deprecated.

I would bet most of those games are not using the June SDK.

You guy's are complete idiots. They are using the that 'june sdk'

Insomniac already is working with the update, and all other games listed come in 2015 well after Destiny which releases in 2.5months. Obviously they're using the June SDK update.

You calling me an idiot is like a high school dropout calling the valedictorian "stupid". LOL@U!

You don't know anything about software development.

Valedictorian of a preschool? Yeah I agree.

You don't know anything about software development. Stop making a fool of yourself.

LOL@U that butthurt!

That's all you got? Typical cows - no more ammunition for the fight, so they make a "butthurt" comment.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@StormyJoe:

Why do you argue with mental midget? He's a bias joke.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Quantum Break will be joining that list at some point,plus many others.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Indicud said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Indicud said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Indicud said:

@blackace said:

@Indicud: None of the developers have even starting updating any of those games with the SDK yet. The update was just released in June. You expected changes in just a couple of weeks, you moron? Get a clue troll. Isomniac has already said they will start working with the SDK update soon. Blizzard & CD Projekt RED haven't even touched the SDK yet for their games. Come back when you actually have something intelligent to say.

@StormyJoe said:

Developers cannot simply switch SDKs mid-development, especially when the software is in it's final stages of development. Function calls can change, be added, or deprecated.

Insomniac already is working with the update, and all other games listed come in 2015 well after Destiny which releases in 2.5months. Obviously they're using the June SDK update.

You calling me an idiot is like a high school dropout calling the valedictorian "stupid". LOL@U!

You don't know anything about software development.

Valedictorian of a preschool? Yeah I agree.

You don't know anything about software development. Stop making a fool of yourself.

LOL@U that butthurt!

That's all you got? Typical cows - no more ammunition for the fight, so they make a "butthurt" comment.

I was mimicking your earlier comment...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

You know whats really funny with you and all your specs? I always hear you talk about the GPU and TFLOPS of the systems and such but never mention the rest of the mahcine. So i decided to look back at some of your posts and well

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/why-do-multiplats-look-better-on-the-360-but-ps3-e-27539170/

The ps3 has a great cpu which is the great difference,the xbox 360 has some of the best pc programers working on games for it,and the ps3 still has the best looking games,the difference is marginal but there is one.

You and many others do their best to try and compare the PS3 to PC architecture, but that's your first mistake....the PS3 is not like PC architecture and is not supposed to fully function like one, specifically the GPU.

Yes, by itself the PS3's GPU it is weaker than the XBOX 360's GPU, but the PS3 is not supposed to run on the GPU alone....it wasn't made to do that, not for best results. The PS3 was specifically made to use the GPU and the Cell Processor. That's why the Cell Processor does floating point better than any other AMD or Intel, i7 or otherwise, to date.

You keep refering to the GPU, and long story short, for the PS3, you are only talking about half of the PS3's proverbial equation.

The bottom line, if you add up the total Flops and total power that the PS3 has vs the total Flops and power that the XBOX 360 has, the PS3 shows that it can do more than the XBOX 360.

What I don't understand is, Why is anyone arguing this?

Probably because some people just don't want to admit it,is like when they say the ps3 has only 256 mb of ram,when it has 512,fact is cell fill all the holes the rsx has and them some

Credit

So can you point at the bad thing with that argument..?

Because if your argument is the PS3 = the xbox one in the same sentence of how the PS3 had a weaker GPU you are grasping for straws there dude,the PS3 CPU was capable of running GPU task something the xbox 360 CPU could not do,in fact the there is even a direct bandwidth between Cell and the RSX just for that to share task.

In that case is was 2 > 1 the xbox 360 GPU was faster and more powerful but when it had to do all the heavy lifting it became more than a fair fight,the xbox 360 was at a disadvantage dude,hell the PS3 Cell CPU even worked like a PhysX card from ageia,the parallel processing it had was much greater than the xbox 360 CPU which was a wimp basically,on Xbox 360 you basically need it 2 threads for Sound confirmed by Turn 10 which is what they use for Forza on PS3 a single Cell SPE did the job quite easy.

This ^^^ in no way is the same as it happen with the xbox one which has the same CPU and is actually slower in test done.

@b4x said:

@tormentos said:

@Vecna said:

The Xflop is a steaming pile of crap. There is no denying it. Too bad the POS4 is a steaming pile of crap with a cherry on top. That is the sad reality when you put cell phone processors in supposed next gen consoles. Compromises all gen long consolites. Enjoy!

Like 90% of PC out there.

A grade average you never reached.

Actually i did i use to be a PC gamer,and i got as a present on fathers day a R270 over clock,now all i need is a good PC to put my GPU in since my current setup is king of old and beat up.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

wow how could they fail to get Diablo III running at 1080p........

In other news all console games fail to reach that 1440p. 1440 is the new 1080. Too bad.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

You know whats really funny with you and all your specs? I always hear you talk about the GPU and TFLOPS of the systems and such but never mention the rest of the mahcine. So i decided to look back at some of your posts and well

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/why-do-multiplats-look-better-on-the-360-but-ps3-e-27539170/

The ps3 has a great cpu which is the great difference,the xbox 360 has some of the best pc programers working on games for it,and the ps3 still has the best looking games,the difference is marginal but there is one.

You and many others do their best to try and compare the PS3 to PC architecture, but that's your first mistake....the PS3 is not like PC architecture and is not supposed to fully function like one, specifically the GPU.

Yes, by itself the PS3's GPU it is weaker than the XBOX 360's GPU, but the PS3 is not supposed to run on the GPU alone....it wasn't made to do that, not for best results. The PS3 was specifically made to use the GPU and the Cell Processor. That's why the Cell Processor does floating point better than any other AMD or Intel, i7 or otherwise, to date.

You keep refering to the GPU, and long story short, for the PS3, you are only talking about half of the PS3's proverbial equation.

The bottom line, if you add up the total Flops and total power that the PS3 has vs the total Flops and power that the XBOX 360 has, the PS3 shows that it can do more than the XBOX 360.

Probably because some people just don't want to admit it,is like when they say the ps3 has only 256 mb of ram,when it has 512,fact is cell fill all the holes the rsx has and them some

Credit

So can you point at the bad thing with that argument..?

Because if your argument is the PS3 = the xbox one in the same sentence of how the PS3 had a weaker GPU you are grasping for straws there dude,the PS3 CPU was capable of running GPU task something the xbox 360 CPU could not do,in fact the there is even a direct bandwidth between Cell and the RSX just for that to share task.

In that case is was 2 > 1 the xbox 360 GPU was faster and more powerful but when it had to do all the heavy lifting it became more than a fair fight,the xbox 360 was at a disadvantage dude,hell the PS3 Cell CPU even worked like a PhysX card from ageia,the parallel processing it had was much greater than the xbox 360 CPU which was a wimp basically,on Xbox 360 you basically need it 2 threads for Sound confirmed by Turn 10 which is what they use for Forza on PS3 a single Cell SPE did the job quite easy.

This ^^^ in no way is the same as it happen with the xbox one which has the same CPU and is actually slower in test done.

@b4x said:

@tormentos said:

@Vecna said:

The Xflop is a steaming pile of crap. There is no denying it. Too bad the POS4 is a steaming pile of crap with a cherry on top. That is the sad reality when you put cell phone processors in supposed next gen consoles. Compromises all gen long consolites. Enjoy!

A grade average you never reached.

Actually i did i use to be a PC gamer,and i got as a present on fathers day a R270 over clock,now all i need is a good PC to put my GPU in since my current setup is king of old and beat up.

The point was, that while your conclusion was wrong about the PS3 being more powerful, at least your comprehension was better in stating its not all about the GPU. Funny how much you changed that now that the PS4 has a better GPU. now that's all that matters to you. Either you got dumber or more fanboyish. You weren't that bad back then like you are now. You also said its not worth paying 60 dollars for online play, yet I never heard you complain Sony is now charging for it? Bias much

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Console players arguing about resolution will forever be funny.

Yep. It's ridiculous. If you care that much about whether a game is 1080p or 900p, go buy a PC.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Why the hell are people expecting a GPU with only 16 ROPS to run modern games at 1080p and with a decent frame rate?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tormentos

@darkangel115 said:

The point was, that while your conclusion was wrong about the PS3 being more powerful, at least your comprehension was better in stating its not all about the GPU. Funny how much you changed that now that the PS4 has a better GPU. now that's all that matters to you. Either you got dumber or more fanboyish. You weren't that bad back then like you are now. You also said its not worth paying 60 dollars for online play, yet I never heard you complain Sony is now charging for it? Bias much

Oh Flops wise the PS3 is actually more powerful than the xbox 360,which is what is use to determine power,it was irrelevant because hardware was from different vendors so flop performance variate,it was basically a draw the PS3 had a more powerful CPU not faster in clock speed actually more powerful in raw power and more capable,the xbox 360 had a faster GPU.

OH on that case it wasn't all about the GPU because the hardware vendors were different,Nvidia vs Ati and while both CPU were from IBM they were not close in performance Cell >>>>>>>> Xenon.

So again is not the same or even close to what is happening now.

Both consoles have the same CPU and GPU from the same family as well,the only real difference is GDDR5 on PS4 vs DDR3 + ESRAM on xbox one which in no form is actually better than the PS4 set up,the PS4 is a true HSA machine the xbox one isn't.

Actually you better read more charging for online play is a stinking rip off no matter who does it sony or MS,no change of stance there from me,i own PSN+ now because i already own it before i bought my PS4,PSN+ is a great deal of saving on PS3 where online was free.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 darkangel115

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

Oh Flops wise the PS3 is actually more powerful than the xbox 360,which is what is use to determine power,it was irrelevant because hardware was from different vendors so flop performance variate,it was basically a draw the PS3 had a more powerful CPU not faster in clock speed actually more powerful in raw power and more capable,the xbox 360 had a faster GPU.

OH on that case it wasn't all about the GPU because the hardware vendors were different,Nvidia vs Ati and while both CPU were from IBM they were not close in performance Cell >>>>>>>> Xenon.

So again is not the same or even close to what is happening now.

Both consoles have the same CPU and GPU from the same family as well,the only real difference is GDDR5 on PS4 vs DDR3 + ESRAM on xbox one which in no form is actually better than the PS4 set up,the PS4 is a true HSA machine the xbox one isn't.

Actually you better read more charging for online play is a stinking rip off no matter who does it sony or MS,no change of stance there from me,i own PSN+ now because i already own it before i bought my PS4,PSN+ is a great deal of saving on PS3 where online was free.

Lol the cell is better just because? I thought it was measured in real performance. I seen you claim that the 360 had better MPs because devs didn't know how to code for the PS3. Imagine if someone said devs didn't know how to code for the X1 but it was more powerful how much crap they would get. My point is your a walking double standard. Anytime I go back on a cows profile and look what they said during the PS3/360 era its a direct contradiction of what they say now. Funny huh?

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Indicud said:

Games announced to be using June Sdk update sub 1080p:

The Witcher: 900p

Diablo 3: 900p

Sunset Overdrive: 900p

Fable: 900p

Games announced 1080p using June SDK update:

Destiny: (targeting/likely) 1080p

4x (4 TIMES) as many games have been announced sub 1080p than actual 1080p even with the June SDK update.

Maybe next generation.

"All developers have confirmed to be using said June sdk update"

http://m.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

Why does this continue to be a hot button for the Cows on this board! I have a X1 and I never ever feel like Im being cheated because a game is running at 900p? I just think it is ridiculous that we are only 7 months into this generation and just spent 7-8 years in the last generation and were blessed with such great games as the Gears of War series, The Uncharted series, TLoU, Heavy Rain, Bulletstorm, Bioshock series, KZ2 and KZ3, Assassins Creed series, Fable series, Dark Souls and others and NONE of them hit 1080p to my knowledge!

Developers will find ways to get the resolutions up on a more consistant basis particularily on the Xbox One the more time they get to spend with the console and if the number of true 1080p games on the X1 is much less than on the PS4, I really, really don't care! I think the Cows need a new hobby if this is all they can bark about personally!!!

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

ITT: Butthurt lems giving lame excuses and damage controlling facts.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@Indicud: No you really are making yourself look stupid. Not even kidding.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

ITT: Butthurt lems giving lame excuses and damage controlling facts.

The key word in that childish statement you uttered there was...FACTS!!!!! So AAA/AAE games/franchises that scored 8's and 9's last gen and ran at sub 1080p were good enough then but a game in this gen has to run at 1080p of it is trash no matter the content and gameplay?? Doesn't make sense to me! How about anyone else who isn't a large farm animal that produces milk!!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By tormentos

@darkangel115 said:

Lol the cell is better just because? I thought it was measured in real performance. I seen you claim that the 360 had better MPs because devs didn't know how to code for the PS3. Imagine if someone said devs didn't know how to code for the X1 but it was more powerful how much crap they would get. My point is your a walking double standard. Anytime I go back on a cows profile and look what they said during the PS3/360 era its a direct contradiction of what they say now. Funny huh?

Cell is better because it actually can handle GPU task,Cell offloaded process which other wise would have to be handle by the RSX which was weaker then the Xenos.

Is like the xenos been a person and strong enough to lift 500 pounds on its own,the Xenos is a wimp it can't barely lift 50 pounds,the RSX can only lift 375 pounds less than the Xenos but Cell could actually help the RSX lift 600 pounds.

This ^^^ is what happen on xbox 360 vs PS3.

Sony Intended to use Cell as a GPU in fact the first plans were to use 2 Cell CPU,but it was to weak vs a dedicated GPU,so Nvidia was call in at last minute,so basically both can run GPU task something the Xenon can't do like the Xenos does.

Dude from day 1 there was a 20 vs 20 FPS on PS3 is was smooth as butter on dedicated servers virtually no lag,Gears of war could not do 4 vs 4 without heavy lag,host advantage issues and bugs on 2006,you know how Sunset Over drive features 8 players co-op.? Yeah been there done that the PS3 is the only console on the planet that right now had a 8 players co-op online game,Resistance 2 on 2008 now the xbox brand since live was launch in 2002 it will get one game that is 8 players co-op.

Oh did i mention that while games like BF were downgraded on consoles in count of player Resistance actually was 60 players online.?

30 vs 30 matches that is BF like on PC and the PS3 was having it on 2008,games like warhawk 32 players HUGE maps,flaying ships,tanks,jeeps it was incredible and smooth as butter i actually played Warhawk on a 256KB connection and still didn't lag that great the code and servers were.

I never say the xbox 360 had better MP in fact i have argue countless of times against that notion,what i experience with Warhawk and Resistance i never experience it on my xbox 360,and i played from Halo to Gears it wasn't the same.

Now what i argue was that the PS3 was more difficult to code for graphics which was 100% true,and back up by basically every developer out there,it was a nightmare,the xbox one is relatively easy to code,ESRAM is a problem because is to small but is easy to work with.

No matter what the xbox one will always trail the PS4 because it is physically impossible to gain parity by software,anything you can use on xbox one to improve graphics you can also use it on PS4 and that is the main problem,hell now coding a game is more work on PS4 and still the PS4 perform better.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By darkangel115

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

Cell is better because it actually can handle GPU task,Cell offloaded process which other wise would have to be handle by the RSX which was weaker then the Xenos.

Is like the xenos been a person and strong enough to lift 500 pounds on its own,the Xenos is a wimp it can't barely lift 50 pounds,the RSX can only lift 375 pounds less than the Xenos but Cell could actually help the RSX lift 600 pounds.

This ^^^ is what happen on xbox 360 vs PS3.

Sony Intended to use Cell as a GPU in fact the first plans were to use 2 Cell CPU,but it was to weak vs a dedicated GPU,so Nvidia was call in at last minute,so basically both can run GPU task something the Xenon can't do like the Xenos does.

Dude from day 1 there was a 20 vs 20 FPS on PS3 is was smooth as butter on dedicated servers virtually no lag,Gears of war could not do 4 vs 4 without heavy lag,host advantage issues and bugs on 2006,you know how Sunset Over drive features 8 players co-op.? Yeah been there done that the PS3 is the only console on the planet that right now had a 8 players co-op online game,Resistance 2 on 2008 now the xbox brand since live was launch in 2002 it will get one game that is 8 players co-op.

Oh did i mention that while games like BF were downgraded on consoles in count of player Resistance actually was 60 players online.?

30 vs 30 matches that is BF like on PC and the PS3 was having it on 2008,games like warhawk 32 players HUGE maps,flaying ships,tanks,jeeps it was incredible and smooth as butter i actually played Warhawk on a 256KB connection and still didn't lag that great the code and servers were.

I never say the xbox 360 had better MP in fact i have argue countless of times against that notion,what i experience with Warhawk and Resistance i never experience it on my xbox 360,and i played from Halo to Gears it wasn't the same.

Now what i argue was that the PS3 was more difficult to code for graphics which was 100% true,and back up by basically every developer out there,it was a nightmare,the xbox one is relatively easy to code,ESRAM is a problem because is to small but is easy to work with.

No matter what the xbox one will always trail the PS4 because it is physically impossible to gain parity by software,anything you can use on xbox one to improve graphics you can also use it on PS4 and that is the main problem,hell now coding a game is more work on PS4 and still the PS4 perform better.

I'm sorry but the PS3 from a design point of view was a mess. The cell didn't live up to sonys promises. Period. I won't get into details because it doesn't matter, I was just pointing out how much of a hypocrite you are being but in a nicer way. I could quoted quite a few posts followed by stupid gifs laughing at you but I chose not to. I just pointed it out so you can look back at shit you said. Also the player count isn't indicative if the hardware. For instance BF 1942 had 32 vs 32 on hardware way weaker then the PS3 based on its recommended specs. What you are seeing is the benefits if dedicated servers. and in 2002 "lag free" do you know how bad internet was back then compared to today? come on. There was no "virtually no lag" back then. People just didn't bitch as much. And of course any game on dedicated servers will run better then games that aren't (provided the servers aren't crap) but look at defiance. Thanks to servers it had 10k+ player co-op on 360/PS3/and PC. But of course the PS3 version ran the worst and had the most issues. But that game would never run on a PS3 or 360 w/o the use of servers. The benefits you are bragging about right now are dedicated servers not console hardware related.

and also several times over you said that XBL is better then PSN its just not 60 dollars better. Now again you contradict yourself saying PSN was better. and mind you i'm not posting about MS or Sony, I'm posting about you being a hypocrite. Thats all. I can care less to get into a specs conversation with you, I already know you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to that and i have no interest in having that discussion with anyone let along with you ;)

Batt1eRatt1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Batt1eRatt1e
Member since 2014 • 131 Posts

Let's talk about the lack of updates the PS4 receives and how MS is consistently improving the Xbox One.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tormentos

@darkangel115 said:

I'm sorry but the PS3 from a design point of view was a mess. The cell didn't live up to sonys promises. Period. I won't get into details because it doesn't matter, I was just pointing out how much of a hypocrite you are being but in a nicer way. I could quoted quite a few posts followed by stupid gifs laughing at you but I chose not to. I just pointed it out so you can look back at shit you said. Also the player count isn't indicative if the hardware. For instance BF 1942 had 32 vs 32 on hardware way weaker then the PS3 based on its recommended specs. What you are seeing is the benefits if dedicated servers. and in 2002 "lag free" do you know how bad internet was back then compared to today? come on. There was no "virtually no lag" back then. People just didn't bitch as much. And of course any game on dedicated servers will run better then games that aren't (provided the servers aren't crap) but look at defiance. Thanks to servers it had 10k+ player co-op on 360/PS3/and PC. But of course the PS3 version ran the worst and had the most issues. But that game would never run on a PS3 or 360 w/o the use of servers. The benefits you are bragging about right now are dedicated servers not console hardware related.

and also several times over you said that XBL is better then PSN its just not 60 dollars better. Now again you contradict yourself saying PSN was better. and mind you i'm not posting about MS or Sony, I'm posting about you being a hypocrite. Thats all. I can care less to get into a specs conversation with you, I already know you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to that and i have no interest in having that discussion with anyone let along with you ;)

Yeah Din't live up to its promise yet it helped a consoles with a weaker GPU actually beat 1 console with a stronger GPU how often do you see that on PC.?

You won't get into details because you know sh** about it.

Quote what you want dude fact is Cell + RSX vs Xenon + Xenos doesn't = what we have this gen,oh an Online multiplayer is a heavy taxer on CPU,Cell was great for that task.

Defiance was an MMO game not quite like Resistance 2 dude and was a piece of sh** by the way.

Like i have say dude the only thing live had on PSN+ was party chat,not only the PS3 had more games on dedicated servers you know what you know now as the cloud,but it was also freaking free.

I experience both live and PSN so yeah i know.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tormentos

@batt1eratt1e said:

Let's talk about the lack of updates the PS4 receives and how MS is consistently improving the Xbox One.

Lets talk about how the xbox one keep getting TV apps,while the PS4 keep getting more and higher rated games...hahahaha

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 darkangel115

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

Yeah Din't live up to its promise yet it helped a consoles with a weaker GPU actually beat 1 console with a stronger GPU how often do you see that on PC.?

You won't get into details because you know sh** about it.

Quote what you want dude fact is Cell + RSX vs Xenon + Xenos doesn't = what we have this gen,oh an Online multiplayer is a heavy taxer on CPU,Cell was great for that task.

Defiance was an MMO game not quite like Resistance 2 dude and was a piece of sh** by the way.

Like i have say dude the only thing live had on PSN+ was party chat,not only the PS3 had more games on dedicated servers you know what you know now as the cloud,but it was also freaking free.

I experience both live and PSN so yeah i know.

Again your ignoring the point of you being the hypocrite. I'm not going to talk specs with you because I already know you have no idea what your talking about and too stubborn to learn or admit your wrong. The point was you are being a hypocrite. nothing more, nothing less. But what can i expect, you are so much of a hypocrite even though I quoted your old posts to show you, you still won't admit it. You are literally arguing with yourself from 3 years ago. Thats just beyond sad.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tormentos

@darkangel115 said:

Again your ignoring the point of you being the hypocrite. I'm not going to talk specs with you because I already know you have no idea what your talking about and too stubborn to learn or admit your wrong. The point was you are being a hypocrite. nothing more, nothing less. But what can i expect, you are so much of a hypocrite even though I quoted your old posts to show you, you still won't admit it. You are literally arguing with yourself from 3 years ago. Thats just beyond sad.

No i utterly destroyed your argument because the argument i used for the PS3 vs the xbox 360 is completely irrelevant on this gen argument,because the PS3 and xbox 360 had different hardware which worked differently,the xbox and and PS4 have GPU and CPU from the same family line and work the same 1 is just faster and more streamline the other weaker and with a cumbersome memory set up.

No hypocrisy there..lol

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 darkangel115

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

No i utterly destroyed your argument because the argument i used for the PS3 vs the xbox 360 is completely irrelevant on this gen argument,because the PS3 and xbox 360 had different hardware which worked differently,the xbox and and PS4 have GPU and CPU from the same family line and work the same 1 is just faster and more streamline the other weaker and with a cumbersome memory set up.

No hypocrisy there..lol

The hardware is still different. Period. If they were identical minus the GPU you'd have a point but they aren't. The only thing you "udderly (intended pun) destroy" is your credibility.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#74  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@Vecna said:

Go back to pirating your indie games you hermit. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By tormentos

@darkangel115 said:

The hardware is still different. Period. If they were identical minus the GPU you'd have a point but they aren't. The only thing you "udderly (intended pun) destroy" is your credibility.

NO they are not period and if you knew a freaking thing or 2 about PC you would know that..

Same CPU.

GPU from the same family. (PS4 win)

Different memory setup ( PS4 win)..

VS

Different CPU.

Different GPU from different companies.

Different memory pools.

You argument failed The CPU on the PS3 could handle GPU task the xbox 360 one could not.

This ^^ is not even close to be the same this gen,the xbox and PS4 have the same CPU period bag your crappy argument.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 darkangel115

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

NO they are not period and if you knew a freaking thing or 2 about PC you would know that..

Same CPU.

GPU from the same family. (PS4 win)

Different memory setup ( PS4 win)..

VS

Different CPU.

Different GPU from different companies.

Different memory pools.

You argument failed The CPU on the PS3 could handle GPU task the xbox 360 one could not.

This ^^ is not even close to be the same this gen,the xbox and PS4 have the same CPU period bag your crappy argument.

So what happens if you tape some RAM, and GPU, and a CPU together. Cause apparently according to you thats an entire console and nothing else exists ;)

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Exactly and it always start with the cows.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

The Witcher is still far from release and it was never confirmed to be 900p, you should learn to read properly.

SO was the E3 build, still plenty of tire before release

Dem silly fanboy thread

Sunset Overdrive will be 900p. Insomniac already said the extra resources will be used to add some particle effects.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By StrongBlackVine
@ProjectPat187 said:

@Blabadon said:

It started with lems last generation. What goes around comes around. All the talk last gen was last gen was Xbox was the place to play multiplats and now it suddenly doesn't matter? Xbox fans may as well suck it up because it will never end. Also no one cares what hermits think about thinks . Not even sure why you guys are even here.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

To think the first 2 Xboxes were pretty cutting edge tech for their time. Quelle disappointment. Welp, let's defend blatant shortcomings because reasons.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ProjectPat187

@StrongBlackVine said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

@Blabadon said:

It started with lems last generation. What goes around comes around. All the talk last gen was last gen was Xbox was the place to play multiplats and now it suddenly doesn't matter? Xbox fans may as well suck it up because it will never end. Also no one cares what hermits think about thinks . Not even sure why you guys are even here.

Oh look the cow is mad, you consolites crack me up, you are like the worst cow of them all, you bash the Xbox One every chance you get, who at Microsoft took your girlfriend? I understand your standards are low in the first place, you are too impressed with your weak underpowered piece of black plastic. Try something new, your resolution threads about 1080p and 900p and bashing Xbox One are stale and old.................Cow.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#82 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

@Blabadon said:

>Think about thinks

Also, I have a PS4 as my secondary console after my PS3. So yeah, bite me.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tormentos

@darkangel115 said:

So what happens if you tape some RAM, and GPU, and a CPU together. Cause apparently according to you thats an entire console and nothing else exists ;)

Your argument was destroy have a nice time spinning this gen is totally different from last gen,i could care less about what else the xbox one or PS4 have,memory,cpu and gpu are the important parts when it comes to performance.

@ProjectPat187 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

@Blabadon said:

Oh look the cow is mad, you consolites crack me up, you are like the worst cow of them all, you bash the Xbox One every chance you get, who at Microsoft took your girlfriend? I understand your standards are low in the first place, you are too impressed with your weak underpowered piece of black plastic. Try something new, your resolution threads about 1080p and 900p and bashing Xbox One are stale and old.................Cow.

And hermits are worse Resolution and frames only matter when is on PC vs consoles,when is console vs console it doesn't some how matter.

Hypocrites,i guess it most be that softspot for MS you hermit have because of windows..lol

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#84  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

More games announced on PS4 for 2014! Just kidding, cows can keep waiting. But there's still LBP3 and Driveclub! lol

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ProjectPat187

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

Your argument was destroy have a nice time spinning this gen is totally different from last gen,i could care less about what else the xbox one or PS4 have,memory,cpu and gpu are the important parts when it comes to performance.

@ProjectPat187 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

@Blabadon said:

And hermits are worse Resolution and frames only matter when is on PC vs consoles,when is console vs console it doesn't some how matter.

Hypocrites,i guess it most be that softspot for MS you hermit have because of windows..lol

Well finally the biggest Sony nutholder is here, what took you so long to come to the rescue of your beloved console the weak PS4? SInce PC gamers are the ones concerned about resolution then why come every thread about resolution is started by a COW? Then of course its followed up by you because you just have to protect your precious weak piece of black plastic.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 StrongBlackVine

@ProjectPat187 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

@Blabadon said:

Find another topic I started about resolution. Don't take it personal that I think Microsoft sucks.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@Indicud said:

@blackace said:

@StormyJoe said:

You're the idiot. They just received the SDK this month. many developers haven't even had time to utilize it yet. You actually expected games to be changed and updated in just a couple weeks? You a friggin moron if you thought that would happen with every developer who received a new SDK. It doesn't work like that. Insomniac alreadty stated that they just started looking at it and have plans to make some changes, but they haven't changed anything yet. Not every developer who has received it are using it yet. That's the point. Only 2 developers have confirmed they would be making changes. No other developer has. It won't really take full effect until developers start creating new games from the ground up using it. Some may actually wait for the DX12 update. Get a clue fool.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tormentos said:

@batt1eratt1e said:

Lets talk about how the xbox one keep getting TV apps,while the PS4 keep getting more and higher rated games...hahahaha

Yet Sony spent over 30mins talking about TV, Apps TV shows, PSVita TV, etc.. at the E3 and Microsoft didn't talk about any TV or apps. lmao!! El Tormo, please let everyone know why you are such a clueless troll? lmao!!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#91 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Isn't Forza Horizon 2 1080p?

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ProjectPat187

@StrongBlackVine said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

@Blabadon said:

Find another topic I started about resolution. Don't take it personal that I think Microsoft sucks.

Take it personal LOL, you dont see me defending these weak consoles like you are do you? Sorry consolite unlike you im not impressed with these weak consoles.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#93  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Oh noes.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Indicud said:

Games announced to be using June Sdk update sub 1080p:

The Witcher: 900p

Diablo 3: 900p

Sunset Overdrive: 900p

Fable: 900p

Games announced 1080p using June SDK update:

Destiny: (targeting/likely) 1080p

4x (4 TIMES) as many games have been announced sub 1080p than actual 1080p even with the June SDK update.

Maybe next generation.

"All developers have confirmed to be using said June sdk update"

http://m.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

New SDK doesn't automatically equal 1920x1080p results e.g. "tiling tricks" for ESRAM has to be programmed in.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tormentos

@blackace said:

@tormentos said:

@batt1eratt1e said:

Yet Sony spent over 30mins talking about TV, Apps TV shows, PSVita TV, etc.. at the E3 and Microsoft didn't talk about any TV or apps. lmao!! El Tormo, please let everyone know why you are such a clueless troll? lmao!!

Yet they have more games and higher rated ones imagine if they only talked about games alone..

Dude TV and crap like isn't wrong what was wrong was MS TV TV TV crap a whole conference on may to talk about TV,sports and call of duty when xbox fans and gamers were expecting games,or at least come clear specs and a total shoot down of MS having weak hardware with TV in mind that need it online and block used games,non of that happen which is why it was so bad,the PS3 had TV apps so did the xbox 360 the PS3 had even blu-ray but you didn't see sony making a conference before E3 just to talk about Blu-ray.

@ProjectPat187 said:

Well finally the biggest Sony nutholder is here, what took you so long to come to the rescue of your beloved console the weak PS4? SInce PC gamers are the ones concerned about resolution then why come every thread about resolution is started by a COW? Then of course its followed up by you because you just have to protect your precious weak piece of black plastic.

The PS4 may be weak but at least we don't get rip off by an over price GPU with a fan.

Funny thing is the majority of your beloved steam service is under PS4 power levels,sad ins't all that power and few even care.

So call me when dual core CPU on steam stop been a majority,when 1GB of Vram stop been the majority and when you put your dollars where your mouth is,when 50% are running 4K call me,not like now that 32% is 1080p and 24% at 1366x768 and are by far the biggest resolution use on steam,but with mostly 1GB of ram in video cards who can blame them..hahahahaha

Maybe you started posting yesterday and missed the complete last gen were lemming make a thread about a 360 game having 100 more pixels back then it matter now 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on xbox one doesn't...lol

@scottpsfan14 said:

Actually, these consoles, despite having the same CPU and GPU family, work differently. PS4 has a different software layer for a start. Also a substantially different API. Also uses GDDR5 which is faster, but has higher latency. Also note that PS4 has GPGPU embedded as part of the core design. So it can also offload physics calculations, effects, and geometry from the main graphics processor. I expect first party titles to take full advantage of this, while multiplats probably won't. In short, PS4 works differently at least at low level than Xbox One. But not by a huge margin like last gen of course.

Yep.

I know they work difference that work on the PS4 favor is not hold by DX short commings.

GDDR5 has more or less the same latency as DDR3,already it has been prove and link posted here from Henix it self,Latency don't hurt GPU much it hurt CPU,funny enough some CPU test on engines actually show the PS4 CPU been faster even that it is 100mhz slower,probably the effect of 2 things.

1 GDDR5 not be a problem like Cerny stated.

2.The PS4 been a true HSA design unlike the xbox one.

The PS4 doesn't have a GPGPU embeded it was custom to take better advantage of compute which is a different thing,the xbox one can also do compute just like any GCN it just not as custom for it like the PS4 was.

I think latter on like the PS4 the console will give some impressive games,sony wanted to get to a driver level on the PS4 which is basically the lower you can get hardware wise.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ronvalencia

@darkangel115 said:

@tormentos said:

@Vecna said:

Credit

CELL's SPE FPU doesn't match PC's CPU SSE IEEE-754 standard i.e. they are NOT comparable.

IBM already stated CELL's SPU being "DSP like" processor. If you to want to compare SPU's lossy IEEE-754 FPU, then use DX10 era PC GPU's FPU.

AMD Radeon HD GCNs has full IEEE-754-2008 support.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@ProjectPat187 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

@Blabadon said:

Take it personal LOL, you dont see me defending these weak consoles like you are do you? Sorry consolite unlike you im not impressed with these weak consoles.

Do you realize how lame you sound? No one gives a shit that you play on PC or what impresses you.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ronvalencia

@scottpsfan14 said:

@tormentos: Also note that PS4 has a fully unified architecture. This will make for a more stream lined performance all round given that the API is in full use. The CPU is more in co with the GPU on PS4. This will make instructions sent from both much more efficient and speedy. In a sense, PS4 is just superior in every single way. To break it down. It has 50% more powerful GPU, has faster memory, has GPGPU offload functions, streamlined communication between CPU/GPU (unified arc). Quite a nice console actually.

Certain platform also has access to AMD GCN's CU scalar processors e.g. from http://timothylottes.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/notes-on-amd-gcn-isa.html

"DX and GL are years behind in API design compared to what is possible on GCN. For instance there is no need for the CPU to do any binding for a traditional material system with unique shaders/textures/samplers/buffers associated with geometry. Going to the metal on GCN, it would be trivial to pass a 32-bit index from the vertex shader to the pixel shader, then use the 32-bit index and S_BUFFER_LOAD_DWORDX16 to get constants, samplers, textures, buffers, and shaders associated with the material. Do a S_SETPC to branch to the proper shader."

The S_xxxx in "S_SETPC" GCN instruction denotes scalar processor workload and PS4 has 18 CU scalar processors that can offload the CPU.

PS4 is effectively has 18 scalar processors at 800Mhz on top of 8 core AMD Jaguar at 1.6Ghz.

The PC's DX or GL doesn't give access to AMD GCN's CU scalar processors and relies on "fat" X86 CPU cores.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ProjectPat187

@StrongBlackVine said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

@Blabadon said:

Do you realize how lame you sound? No one gives a shit that you play on PC or what impresses you.

Of course I would sound lame to a cow who cant handle the truth, its expected, now tell me how lame this sounds, the year is 2014 you cows are talking about 1080p, you are only a decade late, thats all im saying. what dont you understand?

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ProjectPat187

@tormentos said:

Man, you still talking about Steam LOL, stop it, what a horrible example as if those steam number mean a damn thing, oh I didnt realize more people would have cheaper hardware compared to people with more expensive hardware, thanks for the reminder I would have never figured that out. Could you also tell me why more people have Chevy Impalas compared to people that have Lamborghini's?

I never seen a person defend weak hardware to the death and be so content with it. Are you poor? Do you hate me because I can afford the best? When you get done yapping, ill repeat it again, the year is 2014 you cows are talking about 1080p, you are only a decade late, thats all im saying. what dont you understand?