sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#51 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

@KBFloYd: 300k is pretty negligible when you can sold 3 million on pc only.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#52 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@KBFloYd: 300k is pretty negligible when you can sold 3 million on pc only.

300k? lol in japan alone the switch version would have sold another million or 2 million.

not to mention another million in the west or more. world could have been almost 5million more in sales had it been on switch.

making it multiplat was of course a benefit. if it had been ps4 exclusive it would have sold 5 or 6 million same as monster hunters on the 3DS.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 sakaiXx

@KBFloYd: sadly for all that, mh on switch sold 300k, in japan.

Future releases might be 2-3millions I wont deny it. Wonder why ninty fans kept wanting a separate mh exclusive when multiplat ver sells more. Oh well if ninty fans dont want to go multiplat on MH, better leave them behind for a bigger market.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 KBFloYd

@sakaixx said:

@KBFloYd: sadly for all that, mh on switch sold 300k, in japan.

Future releases might be 2-3millions I wont deny it. Wonder why ninty fans kept wanting a separate mh exclusive when multiplat ver sells more. Oh well if ninty fans dont want to go multiplat on MH, better leave them behind for a bigger market.

nintendo fans were angry that it was multiplat everywhere EXCEPT for switch. no one was angry it went multiplat. we were angry it went multiplat and skipped switch.

capcom made tons of money but they could have made even more. just saying.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#55 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@sakaixx said:

@Jag85: i dont see a point where a different enough game is combined when even companies dont do it. Its not just a remaster, MH4u did add a lot to base game like new towns and others. MHGU adds 2 more style and g rank.

Sure releasing on nintendo is lucrative. My whole arguement is capcom is being brave leaving a lucrative market to gamble on modern hardware and win big. MHW is currently on 11.3m. previous best game is 4.9m. the did not even releasing any expansions yet. That is very big

MH4U is essentially a GOTY Edition with DLC. Almost every other gaming company today combines the sales of ports and editions with the base game. Capcom is an exception that gives separate sales for each and every port and edition.

As far as I'm concerned, the best-selling MH games are:

@Jag85 said:

@sakaixx:

Combining multiple versions of the same game, the best-selling MH games are:

1. MH World (PS4/X1/PC) - 11.3 million - 8.3m PS4/X1, 3m PC (2m Steam, 1m WeGame)
  2. MH 3 (Wii/PSP/3DS) - 9.4 million - 1.9m MH3 (Wii), 4.9m MHP3 (PSP), 2.6m MH3U (3DS)
  3. MH 4 (3DS) - 8.3 million - 4.1m MH4, 4.2m MH4U
  4. MH 2 (PS2/PSP) - 6.72 million - 316k MH2 (PS2), 2.4m MHF2 (PSP), 3.8m MHFU (PSP)
  5. MH Generations (3DS/Switch) - 6.45 million - 4.3m MHG (3DS), 1.8m MHXX (3DS), 350k MHXX (Switch)

MH's best-selling platform is the 3DS, where it has sold 17.31 million units.

And again, Capcom is NOT "leaving" Nintendo. We've already clarified this above:

@Jag85 said:

@sakaixx:

MHW sold 8.3 million on the PS4 and X1 combined, not on the PS4 alone. In comparison, MH4 (with MH4U) sold 8.3 million on the 3DS alone. In other words, per-platform sales are very much comparable.

Capcom never said anything about moving away from Nintendo. They've stated that Nintendo would continue get its own separate Monster Hunter games:

NINTENDO SWITCH COULD GET ITS OWN NEW MONSTER HUNTER GAMES

It's not a zero-sum game. Capcom will continue supporting its traditional portable series on Nintendo platforms for the Japanese market, while at the same time expanding overseas with separate AAA console/PC games.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

@superbuuman: Apparently, it has something to do with a Chinese superstition against the depiction of bones.

But if I remember correctly there are Jackie Chan films with skeletons.

Which movie was that? If it's one of his classic movies, then they were produced in Hong Kong, which is a liberal democracy without the kind of government censorship you see in mainland China. Jackie Chan movies weren't produced by mainland China until about a decade ago.

Even then I think this censorship really only applies to foreign products, I've seen skeletons in Chinese developed games such as Age Of Wushu and Revelation Online. An upcoming Chinese game I've been following called The Wind Road also has skeletons in it.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 sakaiXx

@Jag85: Yes you can combine but Capcom did not as with their previous entries. My arguement is goodjob on capcom for leaving Nintendo for a bigger market and getting reward for it. Sure they can comeback to make more for nintendo I don't understand why we are dragging this.

@KBFloYd said:

nintendo fans were angry that it was multiplat everywhere EXCEPT for switch. no one was angry it went multiplat. we were angry it went multiplat and skipped switch.

Miss those time when nintendo fans dooming MHW.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By KBFloYd

@sakaixx said:

@Jag85: Yes you can combine but Capcom did not as with their previous entries. My arguement is goodjob on capcom for leaving Nintendo for a bigger market and getting reward for it. Sure they can comeback to make more for nintendo I don't understand why we are dragging this.

they left nintendo for 1 game. but they didnt make money because they left nintendo. they made money because the made the game for 3 systems instead of 1.

had they made it for all 4 systems then they would have made even more money. which is why i think the next MHW game will be on all systems.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By KBFloYd

@sakaixx said:
@KBFloYd said:

it died pretty fast though. some people still playing i guess. anyway unless it wins game of the year or some kind of awards then the game going multiplat achieved nothing but decent sales and that's it. mario odyssey will outsell it on 1 platform alone.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sakaiXx
@KBFloYd said:
@sakaixx said:
@KBFloYd said:

it died pretty fast though. some people still playing i guess. anyway unless it wins game of the year or some kind of awards then the game going multiplat achieved nothing but decent sales and that's it. mario odyssey will outsell it on 1 platform alone.

Yeah like how mario destroyed MH sales on ninty platforms. Glad they go multiplat so they don't directly compete with mario anymore.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By KBFloYd

@sakaixx said:
@KBFloYd said:
@sakaixx said:
@KBFloYd said:

Yeah like how mario destroyed MH sales on ninty platforms. Glad they go multiplat so they don't directly compete with mario anymore.

so spiderman and kratos didnt kill monster hunter sales on ps4?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sakaiXx

@KBFloYd said:
@sakaixx said:
@KBFloYd said:
@sakaixx said:
@KBFloYd said:

so spiderman and kratos didnt kill monster hunter sales on ps4?

They can coexist. Too bad Mario outshines MH on ninty platform though. Glad Capcom is smart to not release MHW there.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

@superbuuman: Apparently, it has something to do with a Chinese superstition against the depiction of bones.

Which movie was that? If it's one of his classic movies, then they were produced in Hong Kong, which is a liberal democracy without the kind of government censorship you see in mainland China. Jackie Chan movies weren't produced by mainland China until about a decade ago.

I think it was Armour of God, if I remember correctly or Project A. And I know Jackie Chan movies were produced in Hong Kong but I don't think I heard his movies were censored in China or anything.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Jag85
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

I think it was Armour of God, if I remember correctly or Project A. And I know Jackie Chan movies were produced in Hong Kong but I don't think I heard his movies were censored in China or anything.

I don't remember bone scenes in those movies. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were, given the archaeology theme of Armour of God (and Operation Condor) and the pirate theme of Project A.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Jag85
@NoodleFighter said:
@Jag85 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

Even then I think this censorship really only applies to foreign products, I've seen skeletons in Chinese developed games such as Age Of Wushu and Revelation Online. An upcoming Chinese game I've been following called The Wind Road also has skeletons in it.

Interesting point. Could it also be self-censorship on the part of Tencent? Like how Nintendo used to do self-censorship back in the NES/SNES days?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

I don't remember bone scenes in those movies. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were, given the archaeology theme of Armour of God (and Operation Condor) and the pirate theme of Project A.

I may be remembering wrong but I think I did saw skeletons in Armour of God.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jag85

@pc_rocks: I haven't seen Armour of God in a long time. So I can't quite remember.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1852 Posts
@KBFloYd said:
@sakaixx said:
@KBFloYd said:

The sales on consoles went off the cliff. It's concerning since that implies that Monster Hunter World was bought on a novelty factor which is, "OMG! Monster Hunter in HD graphics and a western centric look! Day one buy!" Then it tapered off once people realize that Monster Hunter is hard as **** and has a lot of grinding in it.

PC put some life into it though, so naturally Nintendo haters console owners, who literally hated PC, are now hyping up the PC numbers.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sakaiXx

@luxuryheart said:
@KBFloYd said:
@sakaixx said:
@KBFloYd said:

The sales on consoles went off the cliff. It's concerning since that implies that Monster Hunter World was bought on a novelty factor which is, "OMG! Monster Hunter in HD graphics and a western centric look! Day one buy!" Then it tapered off once people realize that Monster Hunter is hard as **** and has a lot of grinding in it.

PC put some life into it though, so naturally Nintendo haters console owners, who literally hated PC, are now hyping up the PC numbers.

Selling 11.3m in eight month is no small feat, considering that next best selling MH game on nintendo took 2 years to reach 4.3m.... Oops

Oh well downplaying success is what butthurt fans do.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LuxuryHeart
@sakaixx said:
@luxuryheart said:
@KBFloYd said:
@sakaixx said:
@KBFloYd said:

Selling 11.3m in eight month is no small feat, considering that next best selling MH game on nintendo took 2 years to reach 4.3m.... Oops

It isn't downplaying, it's being realistic. The fact that sales took a nose dive does help support the theory that novelty is what sold it. Like it sold about 8 million in one quarter, and then 400k in the following quarter. That's a huge fall no matter how you slice it. It only went back up once it was released on another platform. It's Capcom's most successful game, but can they match it or even surpass it? Most likely not. I personally think the next game in the World series will sell less copies. Not a flop, but more 8 million max, including PC, lifetime instead of the projected 13 million for this one.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts
@luxuryheart said:

Hard as ****? Are people really that bad at games? No wonder Sony's self playing games sell a lot..

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sakaiXx

@luxuryheart said:
@sakaixx said:
@luxuryheart said:
@KBFloYd said:
@sakaixx said:

It isn't downplaying, it's being realistic. The fact that sales took a nose dive does help support the theory that novelty is what sold it. Like it sold about 8 million in one quarter, and then 400k in the following quarter. That's a huge fall no matter how you slice it. It only went back up once it was released on another platform. It's Capcom's most successful game, but can they match it or even surpass it? Most likely not. I personally think the next game in the World series will sell less copies. Not a flop, but more 8 million max, including PC, lifetime instead of the projected 13 million for this one.

So, 4.3m is better than 11.3m? also in 2.5 month it sold an additional 400k. that is quite a healthy number. Most games sells its 70%-80% total sales is on its first quarter. MH is no exception. On 3ds MH games usually sold around 3.2m first month then drags itself to 4.3m 2 years later.

But ohwell butthurt fans downplaying success cause its not on their favorite console. I enjoyed the ignorant replies.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LuxuryHeart
@Litchie said:
@luxuryheart said:

Hard as ****? Are people really that bad at games? No wonder Sony's self playing games sell a lot..

Well maybe "hard" isn't the right word, tedious is the more appropriate word. It's a lot of grinding in Monster Hunter that new fans just weren't ready for. I think a lot of new fans awed at the graphics, but then dropped it once they realized how much grinding is really required. My brother even talked about how he had to constantly sharpen his blade on the field. That's weapon degradation, something that the more casual gamers aren't a huge fan of. Hell I'm a mid-core gamer, and I'm not a huge fan of it myself. Then you think that of course you'll need more durable weapons, but you have to grind to get them.