Monster Hunter 4 may come to the Vita anyway.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29676 posts) -

http://operationrainfall.com/rumour-monster-hunter-4-vita/

Rumor has it that the game was delayed so a Simultaneous Release for 3DS and Vita could be made.

#2 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33746 posts) -
The install base for Vita is too damn low, so I doubt it.
Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
#3 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3347 posts) -
Too little to late.
#4 Posted by DaBrainz (7908 posts) -
OK but nobody has a vita. I'm waiting for the Wii U version.
#6 Posted by Thefatness16 (4673 posts) -

So did Operation Rainfall become its own gaming website after TLS and Xenoblade released?

#7 Posted by JohnF111 (14187 posts) -
I'd buy it, it would likely boost sales in Japan as well.
#8 Posted by ShadowDeathX (11621 posts) -
It can help boost Vita sales by a good amount more than it is currently selling. On the other hand, I don't see the majority of people flocking to the Vita version (even if it is better than the 3DS version).
#9 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12833 posts) -
Not a chance.
#10 Posted by charizard1605 (82661 posts) -
It wouldn't cost Capcom anything much, and it would be extra money, so why not? On the flipside, for a series as multiplayer focused as Monster Hunter, fragmenting the install base, by however little, would be catastrophic. Unless they have cross platform online play.
#11 Posted by quickposter (1730 posts) -

Why are people doubting this? Unless Nintendo have a contract on it its Ca$hcom and has no reason not to have it. If its in a contract then it won't happen for at least 1 year. Provided Vita isn't dead by then.

#12 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (35544 posts) -

As big as Monster Hunter is (in Japan atleast), I don't see this helping the Vita that much since this is still going on the 3DS.

#13 Posted by caryslan2 (2430 posts) -

This is nothing but good news for Sony if this is true. Monster Hunter is a proven seller on Sony systems, and even if the game is a multiplat it will still sell decently on the Vita. There are likely some DS or PSP owners in Japan who have not bought a next gen handheld yet, and Sony has a better chance of appealing to them thanks to Monster Hunter 4.

The 3DS version will be the best selling version, but getting MH4 is a major boost that Sony needed in Japan. With Pokemon and Dragon Quest VII remaining exclusive to the 3DS, getting Monster Hunter 4 will help the Vita out, especiallyif the Vita ends up getting the version that plays or looks better.

Plus, this may mean the Monster Hunter series is not as exclusive to Nintendo as people thought. If Capcom still sees that they can make some money off the Vita, than maybe the system is not as dead as people think.

#14 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33746 posts) -

This is nothing but good news for Sony if this is true. Monster Hunter is a proven seller on Sony systems, and even if the game is a multiplat it will still sell decently on the Vita. There are likely some DS or PSP owners in Japan who have not bought a next gen handheld yet, and Sony has a better chance of appealing to them thanks to Monster Hunter 4.

The 3DS version will be the best selling version, but getting MH4 is a major boost that Sony needed in Japan. With Pokemon and Dragon Quest VII remaining exclusive to the 3DS, getting Monster Hunter 4 will help the Vita out, especiallyif the Vita ends up getting the version that plays or looks better.

Plus, this may mean the Monster Hunter series is not as exclusive to Nintendo as people thought. If Capcom still sees that they can make some money off the Vita, than maybe the system is not as dead as people think.

caryslan2

Uh, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP)?

#15 Posted by quickposter (1730 posts) -

caryslan2

Its not exclusive to Nintendo. The reason they have Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest is simple. They have 1 year to themselves and Microsoft have no chance at the Japanese market.

Total control of the Japanese market is what Nintendo is after so (regardless of what the haters want to happen) they keep third party support.

#16 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Would love that.

#17 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -
I would like this very much.
#18 Posted by EPaul (9917 posts) -

Would help out the Vita immensely in japan

#19 Posted by Samus3D (1953 posts) -

I doubt the Vita would still be alive by the time MH4 comes out, Kotaku are full of Sony Drones.

#20 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25164 posts) -
Vita userbase is too low to even port, but you never know.
#21 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33746 posts) -

A poster on GoNintendo pointed this out. These same guys made a similar rumor about Dragon Quest IX going to PSP, but that never happened.

#22 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29676 posts) -

So did Operation Rainfall become its own gaming website after TLS and Xenoblade released?

Thefatness16

Mostly covering Niche games that may not see huge sales.

And not just on Nintendo consoles too.

#23 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
I don't see this helping the Vita that much since this is still going on the 3DS.DJ-Lafleur
Some will want to play it in hd with better controls( IMO).
#24 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

Cool if it does come to Vita, I'm not really into MH though. I would only want it to come to Vita so sales increase, normally I wouldn't care about sales, but in the Vita's case it's in dire need of a sales boost. Larger install base means more games. I don't think it will have a major impact for the Vita though, since most of Japan will still buy MH4 for the 3DS, considering the install base, but anything to help the Vita is only a good thing.

#25 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16660 posts) -

Make it happen Sony, force the Vita down their throat and other third party developers will be forced to do the same.

#26 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

CrapCom giving the Vita 3DS scraps? Still using PS2 textures = No Buy.

#27 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
Vita userbase is too low to even port, but you never know.SaltyMeatballs
No, it isn't. It may be too low to invest in for huge big budget exclusive but definitely not to port a game to it. If it was too low for ports then why are they like 10+ ports coming out for it in Japan over the next 2 months?
#28 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
its capcom... they would put it on the jaguar if they could, just to make an extra buck. + seeing whats possibly happening with res:rev, it wouldnt surprise me.. Superior version would be the vita as well.
#29 Posted by gamefan67 (10034 posts) -
This was on GoNintnedo earlier and apparently the magazine this rumor comes from has a bad track record. They seem to always believe a game is going to be ported when it gets delayed.
#30 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -
Vita userbase is too low to even port, but you never know.SaltyMeatballs
More like the userbase is too low to make new games for it. If this does become multiplat it could help give the Vita a boost in numbers. Maybe not in the same league as the 3DS but there are Vita owners itching for a Monster Hunter game on the system considering it was on the PSP for so long. I just really hope Soul Sacrifice does well on the system so decisions like these would be a no brainer and we would know about it way earlier.
#31 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I highly doubt that considering how close Nintendo's been working with Capcom to get their support, plus the fact that the 3DS has a substantial enough userbase in Japan to recoup development costs.
#32 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
I highly doubt that considering how close Nintendo's been working with Capcom to get their support, plus the fact that the 3DS has a substantial enough userbase in Japan to recoup development costs. Haziqonfire
Monster Hunter has never been exclusive and this wouldn't take anything away from the 3DS version. Only reason this wouldn't happen is if Nintendo pays money to prevent however, it is more likely the PS Vita will get Monster Hunter 4 2nd or something next year.
#33 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I highly doubt that considering how close Nintendo's been working with Capcom to get their support, plus the fact that the 3DS has a substantial enough userbase in Japan to recoup development costs. FlamesOfGrey
Monster Hunter has never been exclusive and this wouldn't take anything away from the 3DS version. Only reason this wouldn't happen is if Nintendo pays money to prevent however, it is more likely the PS Vita will get Monster Hunter 4 2nd or something next year.

It won't take anything away from the 3DS version. I just don't think there's any reason for Capcom to make a Vita version right now. I think a Monster Hunter 4+ edition is more likely, but I don't think that'll happen until at least a year after the 3DS title.

#34 Posted by Enforcedspot (2915 posts) -

Capcom comments on MH4 vita rumor "I would not believe everything you read on the internet. It will set you up for disappointment or misdirected frustration." - Christian Svensson, Capcom

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194528

#35 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Capcom comments on MH4 vita rumor "I would not believe everything you read on the internet. It will set you up for disappointment or misdirected frustration." - Christian Svensson, Capcom

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194528

Enforcedspot
So basically, no.
#36 Posted by Samus3D (1953 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I highly doubt that considering how close Nintendo's been working with Capcom to get their support, plus the fact that the 3DS has a substantial enough userbase in Japan to recoup development costs. FlamesOfGrey

Not likely, read what Capcom has been saying concerning MH4 Vita... Most importantly the creator. Just some sony drone noticing the Vita is doing bad so he had to go out and create fake stuff just like the Amazon listings a while back.
#37 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I highly doubt that considering how close Nintendo's been working with Capcom to get their support, plus the fact that the 3DS has a substantial enough userbase in Japan to recoup development costs. Samus3D

Not likely, read what Capcom has been saying concerning MH4 Vita... Most importantly the creator. Just some sony drone noticing the Vita is doing bad so he had to go out and create fake stuff just like the Amazon listings a while back.

Like I said the most likely senario would be another version of MH4 for the PS Vita next year. That would be a year after the 3DS version releases. Capcom WILL release another version of MH4 the only question is whether it will be on the PS Vita and / or Wii-U and that will depend on Nintendo's money.