Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#51 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

actually it has story. you have object to kill strelok only to find out that you are strelok. your memory was lost.

the atmosphere make Stalker. the zone is probably the best gaming universe i have ever seen. when i played STALKER for first time long ago. i was just blown away that a video game can be this immersive and atmospheric?? i couldnot stop playing.

Games like STALKER and Metro are the reason why FPS is my genre of choice. If it was for goldeneye, perfect dark or NOLF. i would have hated FPS genre.

Metro is ok but STALKER no idea why anyone like that game, it was just mediocre.

And the atmosphere? I may be clouded but what atmosphere? compare to Metro it was like night and day and STALKER was like a cheap verison of Fallout but without all the story.

Also FPS is the bane of gaming it has destroyed the creativity and it seems like all games today is either a FPS or a F2P moba game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#52  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@Jacanuk: fallout 3 was poor mans Stalker. It amazed me that fallout get free pass of bieng buggy yet stalker didnot criticize.

FPS didnot destroy creavity. Nowadays theres more third person movie games and open world than FPS. FPS alwaya been better than RPGs which always suck. Most RPG cant bother with good gameplay mechanics.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#53 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

@Jacanuk: fallout 3 was poor mans Stalker. It amazed me that fallout get free pass of bieng buggy yet stalker didnot criticize.

FPS didnot destroy creavity. Nowadays theres more third person movie games and open world than FPS. FPS alwaya been better than RPGs which always suck. Most RPG cant bother with good gameplay mechanics.

we will never agree there, Fallout 3 had character, STALKER was like a Russian poor man's version of a crap mod for Fallout.

FPS did kill creativity.

Where are the RTS? Point&Click? or all the other game genres there was before, platform games, tycoon games, Sim games, etc. Today games are pretty much in 3 genres, MOBA, FPS or TPS like AC.

Nothing else (and yes I know indie studios make other types, but I am talking AAA)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Jacanuk: theres bunch of 2d platformers. Whats FPS have to do with not having RTS?

Blame moba that killed RTS. Or trash like dota.

FPS is still best genre when it comes to gameplay. Doom Eternal and Metro Exodus will make year 2019.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@sakaixx said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@sakaixx said:

Would have been more appreciated had they not implement microtransaction in Shadow of War. Left a bad impression, I didnt buy the game yet due to this, still not considering it even after they removed the option.

You're missing a lot. Trust me when I say a lot, I do mean A LOT. This is one of those games that you must play at least once before dying.

I agree with this, not playing Shadow of Mordor because of micro transactions means you're missing out on a really good game because of a publisher decision that really has zero effect on the game.

There is absolutely no need to go anywhere near the shop. unless you want to collect the free stuff they give you to entice you in but even then you can collect and never go near it again (that's what I done). You'd only be promoting MTX if you part with money on them, not by buying and playing the game.

Absolutely mate.

Will try if it ever goes free on ps+ or on for $5,

Mtx in games just leave a bad taste for me, especially in single player games. I try my best to avoid these game, its just a personal principal not to support mtx practices no matter how good the game is.

I guess you decided to completely disregard my post, even though you quoted me?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Shadow of Mordor was simple AC clone set in very limited map. It was super fun, but lacked depth.

Shadow of War is pretty dire game and big step down from SoM.

I'd say Monolith used to make great games, but now they just make rubbish.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#57 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

• First person shooter; Doom clone,
  • Open world; GTA clone.
  • Third person adventure with guns; Uncharted clone
  • Third person adventure with swords; AC clone.
  • RPG; Skyrim clone.

People these days.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ghosts4ever

@Cloud_imperium said:
  • First person shooter; Doom clone,
  • Open world; GTA clone.
  • Third person adventure with guns; Uncharted clone
  • Third person adventure with swords; AC clone.
  • RPG; Skyrim clone.

People these days.

replace Doom clone with COD clone and i agree. many people still consider FPS as COD clones.

althought its true most third person games today are uncharted/TR and AC clones.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#60 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

I think gamers are over reacting.

I agree for the most part. As long as they are optional and have no bearing on gameplay then I don't care because I don't buy them. In some cases publishers/devs have stepped too far and have caught backlash for it.