Mods, please lock or delete this thread.

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Alright, the amount of necroes this thread is getting is stupid (4 already) for one that has yet to reach 200 posts. So please, stop necroing it.

I will not be posting the original topic material, but it is very irrevelant to SW. Right now, it's best for it to be removed or locked so that people will stop necroing it.

DucksBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DucksBrains
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts
40k, not even a contest.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

40k easily.

Starcraft and Warcraft both borrow from Games Workshop franchises.

In turn, Halo borrows from Starcraft and other sci-fi.

will_work4food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 will_work4food
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
Easily Halo
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

40K. Not by a few miles, but by a few light years.

Also, when I compare games, I throw in 40k even though its a board game. A game is a game is a game is a game, and 40k is a better game than starcraft or halo.

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts
no contest, 40k, it has more lore than both halo and starcraft put together, the only catagory it lacks in is games, and even then, it has more good games/expansions than either of the other 2.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
Those of you voting Halo.....um....why?
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
Anyone who votes Halo or StarCraft clearly doesn't even have an inkling about what WH40K is about. The whole point of the universe and it's fluff is to try reinvent the definition of the word 'epic'.
xXSecksXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xXSecksXx
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts
40k's lore is insane, ITS HUGE , ITS HUMONGOUS , OMG ITS EPIC. I swear there are background stories on every race, and on every epicwar. I love how games workshop makes menkind all inquisition and Bad@ss and how they must purge corruption.
Darktiger12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darktiger12
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
Well this is the first post ill ever make on the fourms, but i have to say something how can you vote anything but 40k?
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Easily Halowill_work4food

Work on your troll-fu. You're a bit too obvious.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I am officialy hijacking this topic. It is now the "Post awesome warhammer 40,000 art" thread. (no 56k)

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
40K.
But I prefer StarCraft as a game.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Warhammer 40K's universe is so ridiculously over powered and broken that it's just gotten silly.
SupergumXP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SupergumXP
Member since 2003 • 189 Posts
well i think its kinda unfair to pit halo and starcraft with warhammer... i mean warhammer has been building its lore up for 30 odd years, starcraft really just has the one game and halo, well, it jsut isnt all that spectacular.
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts
I would have to say Warhammer!
ATLBIinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ATLBIinger
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts

Ahh, the iconic Ultramarine Throne photo. But seriously, Halo been here since 2001 with 3 games and a couple of books. And Starcraft only has a single game with some expansions. 40k is about 20 years with dozens of books and boardgames and other media. Is it really a fair comparison?

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Warhammer 40K's universe is so ridiculously over powered and broken that it's just gotten silly.laughingman42
Agreed. I tried to get into it, but the moment I got in is when it started going crazy like the final act of Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy lmao. To each his own I guess, but as for what will make a better movie -- Halo was basically made to be a kick ass blockbuster with depth to boot 8)
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
I couldn't not vote for Starcraft.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Chaos Space Marines

space marine

space marines

space marines

I like where this thread is going

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
This entire poll is rigged. WH40K is pretty much a complete no contest victory on 3 out of the 4, and the last one's up to opinion, although WH40K probably has 20+ video games out on various platforms. TWENTY YEARS they've been building the lore and backstory of WH40k. I mean... Starcraft's entire visual design is basically 40k's ported across. I used to play the mid-late 90's revision of 40k, and it's still my favorite. I don't care if the games take all day to finish haha. Here's my contribution:
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aliblabla2007
I hope we eventually get some CG WH40k movies.... in my lifetime OFC. :)
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
Im saying starcraft, cuz I think its better than halos, and i havent played W40000
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Im saying starcraft, cuz I think its better than halos, and i havent played W40000Roushrsh

Warhammer is kinda like Starcraft except that starcraft was inspired by WH and WH has more races and everything is alot more badass powerful and just cool looking.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Makari

[QUOTE="Roushrsh"]Im saying starcraft, cuz I think its better than halos, and i havent played W40000Juggernaut140

Warhammer is kinda like Starcraft except that starcraft was inspired by WH and WH has more races and everything is alot more badass powerful and just cool looking.

Yeah, WH40K is the main inspiration for Starcraft, first and foremost. It's basically Starcraft on every drug known to man at once. Ships that can destroy solar systems, spells that create miniature black holes, aliens that can give birth to entire spaceships that eat planets.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

whose cooler than these mofo's??

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Makari
 Come on, you know you love the walking sarcophagi of death. :)
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
[QUOTE="Makari"] Yeah, WH40K is the main inspiration for Starcraft, first and foremost.

Well I think that's a little debatable. I think it's safe to say that Protoss were inspired by Eldar a great deal. But the relationship between Terrans and Zerg have more in common with the Terrans and Arachnids from the book Starship Troopers, then between the Imperium and Tyranids.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

whose cooler than these mofo's??

mismajor99

Who's cooler than Space Marines? Chaos Space Marines obviously :)

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 aliblabla2007

Come on, you know you love the walking sarcophagi of death. :)Makari

Land Raider

Baneblade

Poor poor Dreadnought.:P

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I know of the Warhammer 4k universe, but personally its Starcraft. I shall explain it. I find it unfair anyways, being one is more than just video games.

Lore: Obviously Warhammer 4k has more content in this with it being around for ages and many many book etc., but even with the few installments, Starcraft has a good content for something around less. But really is it fair to battle against a Lore creates beyond and before video games.I know it has it own share of games, but those are tooken from the numberous history made for continous creation for a tabletop game series. Those other two are mainly video game based and its lore only come from that of installments.

2 Content - I am not quite sure what you mean by this, but I tell you what I think you mean. Both have a great deal of content because both the creator of Warhammer and the Blizzard place somuch importance in its lore/name/series/whatever. So equally are supplied with great care of content, being a long contender or a much shorter one.

3. Background - Isn't this pretty much looping term of same thing. Obviously Warhamner has a longer background because it been around longer. Both have great backgrounds thou.

4. Games - both bring great games to the RTS genre, each a must own RTS titles, each play drastically differently. Defense works better for one, and the other agressive nature is a must. Different RTS, each having great gameplay and long hours of enjoyment. I played the heck out of both, Starcraft being longer.

I picked Starcraft because I have more of conenction with it, its games, its lore and etc. Please don't bite my head off because I know what I got stacked against me.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 aliblabla2007

I know of the Warhammer 4k universe, but personally its Starcraft. I shall explain it. I find it unfair anyways, being one is more than just video games.

Lore: Obviously Warhammer 4k has more content in this with it being around for ages and many many book etc., but even with the few installments, Starcraft has a good content for something around less. But really is it fair to battle against a Lore creates beyond and before video games.I know it has it own share of games, but those are tooken from the numberous history made for continous creation for a tabletop game series. Those other two are mainly video game based and its lore only come from that of installments.

2 Content - I am not quite sure what you mean by this, but I tell you what I think you mean. Both have a great deal of content because both the creator of Warhammer and the Blizzard place somuch importance in its lore/name/series/whatever. So equally are supplied with great care of content, being a long contender or a much shorter one.

3. Background - Isn't this pretty much looping term of same thing. Obviously Warhamner has a longer background because it been around longer. Both have great backgrounds thou.

4. Games - both bring great games to the RTS genre, each a must own RTS titles, each play drastically differently. Defense works better for one, and the other agressive nature is a must. Different RTS, each having great gameplay and long hours of enjoyment. I played the heck out of both, Starcraft being longer.

I picked Starcraft because I have more of conenction with it, its games, its lore and etc. Please don't bite my head off because I know what I got stacked against me.

ArisShadows

Ok then..... no.3 is no longer a repeat.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

You should really just take the poll down, if you've done any research you'd have found out Starcraft is based on Warhammer 40,000, they just never acquired the license and so had to thinly disguise it. Halo, similar situation, Ringworld & Starship Troopers, oh my. Warhammer 40,000 wins, it's not even a fair comparisson - it has had more depth since the Rogue Trader days, and continues to be more complex, deep, varied, and interesting.

A vote for anything else is an admission to being an uninformed idiot.

edeasknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 edeasknight
Member since 2004 • 1222 Posts

\o/

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Warhammer practically curbstomps the other two.
Wahoo2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wahoo2k
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts

40k of course, no other universe can really compare to that gargantuan.

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 astiop
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts

needs moar tau :)

VScalar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VScalar
Member since 2005 • 2607 Posts

Those of you voting Halo.....um....why?BobHipJames

Because of this post, in my case. I am oppositionally defiant.

AM NOT!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Warhammer 40k has nearly 3 decades of lore with dozens of top sci fi authors powering the novels..

Starcraft is a watered down version of Warhammer 40k, Zerg are the Tyranids, Terran are the humans, and protoss are the Eldar.. Its an incredaibly small scale of Warhammer 40k..

Halo has only been around for less then a decade.. Its main character is the most unimaginative character I have seen, and it is just chalk full of cliches on trying to save the universe.. The bad guys at least in game are a bunch of guys tthat scream a comedic phrases.. Marines in that game are a exact carbon copy of Aliens 2, no joke they are basically wearing the exact same fatigues and gear that the one from the movie had...

Warhammer 40k wins hands down its the largest scope universe I have seen that is far more unqiue then the other two..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Makari"] Yeah, WH40K is the main inspiration for Starcraft, first and foremost.ProudLarry
Well I think that's a little debatable. I think it's safe to say that Protoss were inspired by Eldar a great deal. But the relationship between Terrans and Zerg have more in common with the Terrans and Arachnids from the book Starship Troopers, then between the Imperium and Tyranids.

Uhh no on both counts.. Marine armor in starcraft is alot more similar to Warhammer 40k then teh Starship troopers book one.. And ZERG are closer to Tyranids then Arachnids by far.. Arachnids didn't have instant evolving on the battlefield, both zerg and tyranids do.. Arachnids as the name implies consisted of all insect like creatures.. Zerg and Tyranids have very very few looking insect creatures.. Tyranids and Zerg had both space crafts, arachnids did not they only had spore colonies on meteors.. Tyranids and Zerg captured creatures from lif enad muttaated them creating new strains.. Arachnids never did such a thing int he books nor was there any inference that they did it..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59d151f079814

I am officialy hijacking this topic. It is now the "Post awesome warhammer 40,000 art" thread. (no 56k)

goblaa

Hey out of curiosity is that the "manskinner" in the back witht eh huge metal claw for the one hand.. I read the short story that involved killing that guy with the new omnibus they released "Let the Galaxy Burn".

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Warhammer, no contest.
LockeAteid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LockeAteid
Member since 2005 • 1210 Posts

[QUOTE="ProudLarry"][QUOTE="Makari"] Yeah, WH40K is the main inspiration for Starcraft, first and foremost.sSubZerOo

Uhh no on both counts.. Marine armor in starcraft is alot more similar to Warhammer 40k then teh Starship troopers book one.. And ZERG are closer to Tyranids then Arachnids by far.. Arachnids didn't have instant evolving on the battlefield, both zerg and tyranids do.. Arachnids as the name implies consisted of all insect like creatures.. Zerg and Tyranids have very very few looking insect creatures.. Tyranids and Zerg had both space crafts, arachnids did not they only had spore colonies on meteors.. Tyranids and Zerg captured creatures from lif enad muttaated them creating new strains.. Arachnids never did such a thing int he books nor was there any inference that they did it..

Arachnids are intelligent race of insects that had lasers and built space ships, man. Not anything like the one in the movie that you're kind of describing. You sure you read the book?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="ProudLarry"][QUOTE="Makari"] Yeah, WH40K is the main inspiration for Starcraft, first and foremost.LockeAteid

Arachnids are intelligent race of insects that had lasers and built space ships, man. Not anything like the one in the movie that you're kind of describing. You sure you read the book?

Yes I did, and to my memory they did not have any space craft.. Only meteor colonies to collide into other planets to colonize.. I can't remember a single chapter/page in the book that talked about ship to ship combat between the arachnids. Its a fanastic book to get me wrong one of my favorites.

redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

Charge!fhhg

But yeah. 40K has the blatantly overpowererd units out of anything.But the dog soldier of the imperial guard is still the backbone of the the Imperial forces. That is what makes 40K so awsome. Yes you have your uber super soldiers, your screaming warp deamons but then you can also have some farmer from obscur world 35'000with only a rifle and some guts to kill the enemies of the emperor.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts
I Still pick starcraft.....the art concepts are just JAW-DROPPING. i bet you im gonna get a quote for this :p
whoody12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 whoody12
Member since 2004 • 4717 Posts

exclude Warhammer and we might have a contest ( althrough SC would win)

so Warhammer gets my vote

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

Starcraft by a large margin. Even though 40K has some of the most overpowered armies in Sci-Fi existence, the writing behind it is always piss poor and the lore is more influenced by wins at tournaments rather than a real need to improve the material.

And to those who keep spitting out the line "Well, 40k is better 'cause Warcraft and Starcraft copied from Games Workshop!", wrong. Warcraft was more heavily influenced by the Warhammer franchise than Starcraft, which took much of it's inspiration from Starship Troopers and the Aliens movies. Starcraft and 40K aren't even in the same genre, as 40K mix in fantasy elements where Starcraft is straightlaced traditional military sci-fi.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aliblabla2007

Grey Knight

Same as Above

Grey Knights. FTW.8)

whoody12