Given the new systems PC based hardware do you think publishers / developers like Bethesda will allow Mods for the console versions?
This topic is locked from further discussion.
- Member Since: July 18, 2010
- Posts: 8655
- Member Since: May 2, 2008
- Posts: 37100
- Member Since: November 19, 2005
- Posts: 49050
- Member Since: April 11, 2012
- Posts: 6835
- Member Since: July 30, 2005
- Posts: 32507
- Member Since: November 20, 2007
- Posts: 16599
- Member Since: January 15, 2006
- Posts: 6267
Very unlikely, since many free mods trump DLCs. I'm sure the developer will very very much want to allow modding, but the console manufacturers are too perpetually greedy to ever allow it.
While some mods will most certainly destroy console hardware (e.g. graphics mods or warzone mod that spawns armies to fight each other in Skyrim), there should still be configuration/script-based mods that can run perfectly on consoles (e.g. combat mods or unofficial patches that fixed all the bugs still present on console versions of Skyrim)
- Member Since: November 20, 2006
- Posts: 5470
- Member Since: September 17, 2012
- Posts: 2880
Please Log In to post.