Modern Warfare 2 DLC hitting 360 first?! >

This topic is locked from further discussion.

assualtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 assualtz
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

Why are companies always doing this? Bringing DLC and demos to the 360 first. It's really frustrating, because it pissed me off when Fallout 3's dlc came out for 360 first. The only reason I can see for this happening is the difference between types of development of ps3 games/content. They do the same thing for rock band, they release new dlc 1 day before the ps3 dlc. It may not seem like a big deal, but it is. Btw, this isn't really fanboyism, i'm just seeing if anyone is as mad about this as I am. It reminds me of the Super Smash Bros Brawl US vs. PAL release date situation(brawl was released months in the pal region after the u.s release)

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

$$$$$ That's why

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

we get everything first.....muhahahahaha

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
On Gametrailers Infinity Ward Bonus Round, they said Microsoft and Activision made the deal (Not Infinity Ward themselves) and that if Sony wanted to make a similiar deal with Activision it would definitely be welcome. Go watch it for the whole discussion on it. I forget which part it was on though. Point is money talks and Microsoft is good at making theirs speak volumes.
ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
MS pays for them, or grants some other perks for giving it to them first. Also didn't the Bioware guy say that with Sony the certification process or something takes a bit longer, which might result in stuff appearing first on 360/PC, it was related to the DAO dlc.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
i coulda sworn back in what e3 2009 they said ms was getting dlc first before anything else? some thought it was first day dlc but that was not the case.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
as long as ps3 still gets the DLC for MW2 i can care less if they get it first
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
MS pays for them, or grants some other perks for giving it to them first. Also didn't the Bioware guy say that with Sony the certification process or something takes a bit longer, which might result in stuff appearing first on 360/PC, it was related to the DAO dlc.ManicAce
In this case Microsoft paid for it and that's from Infinity Wards own mouth on Gametrailers Bonus Round.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

Why are companies always doing this? Bringing DLC and demos to the 360 first. It's really frustrating, because it pissed me off when Fallout 3's dlc came out for 360 first. The only reason I can see for this happening is the difference between types of development of ps3 games/content. They do the same thing for rock band, they release new dlc 1 day before the ps3 dlc. It may not seem like a big deal, but it is. Btw, this isn't really fanboyism, i'm just seeing if anyone is as mad about this as I am. It reminds me of the Super Smash Bros Brawl US vs. PAL release date situation(brawl was released months in the pal region after the u.s release)

assualtz
MS usually pays for stuff like this. Which is a good thing, I think. They care enough about their users to spend that kind of money. I don't remember the last time Sony did that for their users. If you're upset about it, get a 360.
ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
[QUOTE="assualtz"]

MortalDecay
MS usually pays for stuff like this. Which is a good thing, I think. They care enough about their users to spend that kind of money. I don't remember the last time Sony did that for their users. If you're upset about it, get a 360.

If they're only paying for the (timed) exclusivity it doesn't really benefit the average 360 user since they would get it anyway.
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts
[QUOTE="assualtz"]

MortalDecay

They dont care about their users, they care about how much they are cutting into their competition. Microsoft knows that with devs going multiplatform left, right and center, they need a gimmick other than exclusive software to lure new customers in, and prevent them from supporting the competition. They already have a better online infrastructure - theyre just exploiting it more. Buying a 360 just for dlc is not really viable. Buying a whole new console, with a game that you might have already bought, just for the extra content? Right., simple solution.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I was watching their conference last night and they did say it was coming on the 360 "exclusively first".

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

MS usually pays for stuff like this. Which is a good thing, I think. They care enough about their users to spend that kind of money. I don't remember the last time Sony did that for their users. If you're upset about it, get a 360.MortalDecay

It's not good or bad thing for 360 users since they get DLC anyway, this effects only PS3 users, in biological way it's called amensalism.

jonesy1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jonesy1911
Member since 2003 • 3483 Posts
I bought MW2 for my PS3, a lot less kids screaming all the time during games, the dlc doesnt really bother me to much, i can wait.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
Because they're more easy to milk for their money?
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="assualtz"]

They dont care about their users, they care about how much they are cutting into their competition. Microsoft knows that with devs going multiplatform left, right and center, they need a gimmick other than exclusive software to lure new customers in, and prevent them from supporting the competition. They already have a better online infrastructure - theyre just exploiting it more. Buying a 360 just for dlc is not really viable. Buying a whole new console, with a game that you might have already bought, just for the extra content? Right., simple solution.

Cutting into their competition benefits their users...
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MortalDecay
Because they're more easy to milk for their money?rcignoni
Sure thing, because Sony would never dream to charge their users for DLC.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
[QUOTE="rcignoni"]Because they're more easy to milk for their money?MortalDecay
Sure thing, because Sony would never dream to charge their users for DLC.

They're next, aren't they?
shaneomac103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shaneomac103
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

thats one of the good things

about having xbox we get demo's and downloadable content first

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

thats one of the good things

about having xbox we get demo's and downloadable content first

shaneomac103

Not always :P

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Money talks.

InfiniteBlak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 InfiniteBlak
Member since 2009 • 794 Posts
[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="assualtz"]

no sony just lets their users play their games online for free. while you all have to pay for it and then pay for dlc, who is getting screwed again?
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 eveileb-ekam
[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"] MS usually pays for stuff like this. Which is a good thing, I think. They care enough about their users to spend that kind of money. I don't remember the last time Sony did that for their users. If you're upset about it, get a 360.MortalDecay

How does it? How does it affect 360 users if PS3 owners get DLC the same day?
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

assualtz
because normally sony charges the companies for the first week or so, so its better for the company if everyone gets it on 360 so people don't download as much in the first week on ps3.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="assualtz"] They dont care about their users, they care about how much they are cutting into their competition. Microsoft knows that with devs going multiplatform left, right and center, they need a gimmick other than exclusive software to lure new customers in, and prevent them from supporting the competition. They already have a better online infrastructure - theyre just exploiting it more. Buying a 360 just for dlc is not really viable. Buying a whole new console, with a game that you might have already bought, just for the extra content? Right., simple solution.InfiniteBlak

If you stop and think about it, in the long term, it does.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Is this such a surprise? The 360 always get DLC's first and if the PS3 is unlucky are the only ones to get it period.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MortalDecay

InfiniteBlak

no sony just lets their users play their games online for free. while you all have to pay for it and then pay for dlc, who is getting screwed again?

I have had a lot of fun over the years on Live. It was certainly worth $4 a month. If it's worth it to me, how am I getting screwed? Here's a hint: I'm not. Just think, soon you guys will be paying for a feature we've had for years. It's a shame you'll be paying more.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="assualtz"]

MortalDecay

Lol, Your a good man mortal but a funny one. How are you enjoying bayonetta and i'm sure your happy to see me again. Sony got free DLC for brutal legend, Free DLC is coming for uncharted 2. PS3 gets the Dantes inferno Collectors edition automatically for the same price as 360 owners have to pay for the regular edition. So does sony still not care?
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 eveileb-ekam
[QUOTE="InfiniteBlak"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"] Cutting into their competition benefits their users...MortalDecay

If you stop and think about it, in the long term, it does.

Spell it out for me.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MortalDecay

Animal-Mother

Lol, Your a good man mortal but a funny one. How are you enjoying bayonetta and i'm sure your happy to see me again. Sony got free DLC for brutal legend, Free DLC is coming for uncharted 2. PS3 gets the Dantes inferno Collectors edition automatically for the same price as 360 owners have to pay for the regular edition. So does sony still not care?

It is good to see you back.

Bayonetta is awesome. I just can't seem to pull myself away from MW2.

I never said Sony doesn't care about it's users. They do. In their own way. I'm a little bitter about the way they do certain things, but all companies love money, so I don't think too much into it. It would be nice to see Sony out there spending money more more exclusive stuff.

I'm just saying that MS does like to spend a little extra money on stuff so they get it first. To say that doesn't make any difference to 360 users is an understatement. If people see that more stuff comes out for the 360 first, they tend to buy more for the 360. Devs will see this, and over the long term favor the 360, because more people are buying stuff on it. It's pretty simple.

It's just a theory... Right now it may not seem like much, but in the long run it might.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

[QUOTE="assualtz"]

MortalDecay

I'd much rather MS spend their money on developing new First Party Titles ... something Sony has been doing a lot this gen.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"] MS usually pays for stuff like this. Which is a good thing, I think. They care enough about their users to spend that kind of money. I don't remember the last time Sony did that for their users. If you're upset about it, get a 360.MortalDecay

It is good to see you back.

Bayonetta is awesome. I just can't seem to pull myself away from MW2.

I never said Sony doesn't care about it's users. They do. In their own way. I'm a little bitter about the way they do certain things, but all companies love money, so I don't think too much into it. It would be nice to see Sony out there spending money more more exclusive stuff.

I'm just saying that MS does like to spend a little extra money on stuff so they get it first. To say that doesn't make any difference to 360 users is an understatement. If people see that more stuff comes out for the 360 first, they tend to buy more for the 360. Devs will see this, and over the long term favor the 360, because more people are buying stuff on it. It's pretty simple.

It's just a theory... Right now it may not seem like much, but in the long run it might.

Hey man it makes sense. I get what your saying. I approve.

Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
Because it's paid for by MS This is where the subscription fees for Live go.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
The bigger audience gets it first. Simple.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Sony rarely does deals, MS does them a lot.
Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

Dude this is MS we are talking about here.. They have one goal and one goal only, to be a monopoly over any business venture they go into.. Dont believe me? Just look at all the countless anti trust suits MS gets over stuff jsut like this, I think right now the PS3 user base is plenty large enough that MS needs to start getting anti trust lawsuits for crap like this.. Seriously

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
what? Ps3 gets tons of demos before xbox. Japanese PSN people, am i the only one who downloaded baynoetta 6 months ago?
assualtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 assualtz

What's the point in getting another $200/300 system just because DLC comes out for it before it does for the ps3? It would probably just break anyways :P

assualtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 assualtz

I don't know... As I recall, the pitt DLC for fallout 3didn'twork quite well the first day it came out

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Its a smart move, since gamers are incredibly impatient.