Miyamoto: "Star Fox: 0 is a fun game if you're an ignorant child."

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@Litchie said:

Yeah, Miyamoto is an idiot and Nintendo hates well informed gamers. Nintendo might actually be the worst gaming company ever in existence. You happy now?

No, I don't think he's an idiot, just out of touch and past his prime. And no I don't think Nintendo is the worst gaming company ever in existence. I have huge problems with how Nintendo is currently operating, but they could always get me back as a customer if they start making products that appeal to me again.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@emgesp said:
@Bigboi500 said:

This dude has to be a alt troll. He posts exactly like brah4ever, and they are constantly quoting and agreeing with each other, and I'd wager he is also techhog. They all post in the exact same passive-aggressive nature of disingenuous flare.

I've never seen so much hate for a single game in the history of my time here. Not even Ryse, Knack, or The Order have received as much hate as Star Fox Zero, and I can't even understand why. I've never seen anyone hype the game in the first place, unlike those other titles. It's a campaign of attacks on Nintendo by someone with a weird obsession with them. I mean, who hates on a game and a company this strongly? It's like this guy is having a personal war with a freaking game company, for God knows why. Doesn't he have anything better to do?

I've been here since 2004 smart guy. I don't need a freaking alt account. You just can't seem to handle people who are very passionate about their opinions. I say if you're going to have an opinion, especially one that potentially will alienate you from others then you better own it and accept the consequences. I don't expect anyone to agree with my opinions and frankly I don't care who agrees or doesn't agree with me.

It's like you have some severe mental hang-up over freaking toys. I've been a fan of Nintendo since the beginning, but I might not even get the NX, depending what it is. Why have an attachment with something that takes up all your thoughts? That's not passion, it's obsession. They're all just pieces of plastic and pixels. So SFZ didn't turn out to be your holy grail of existence. It's just a damned video game.

The only reason I type this out is because I'm seeing alarm signs from unhealthy levels of focus by you. Nobody should spend all their time on such trite shit as this.

Who cares who makes the games? Why even concern yourself with companies and business policies? Don't like a game? Don't like a direction of a game company? Move on to something else. Just play games in moderation, and don't let them interfere or take control of your life.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By emgesp

@Bigboi500 said:

It's like you have some severe mental hang-up over freaking toys. I've been a fan of Nintendo since the beginning, but I might not even get the NX, depending what it is. Why have an attachment with something that takes up all your thoughts? That's not passion, it's obsession. They're all just pieces of plastic and pixels. So SFZ didn't turn out to be your holy grail of existence. It's just a damned video game.

The only reason I type this out is because I'm seeing alarm signs from unhealthy levels of focus by you. Nobody should spend all their time on such trite shit as this.

Who cares who makes the games? Why even concern yourself with companies and business policies? Don't like a game? Don't like a direction of a game company? Move on to something else. Just play games in moderation, and don't let them interfere or take control of your life.

Here's what you need to understand about me. I have a very passionate personality and I'm fully aware that puts off some people, so I either gotta run with it and accept that some people will be turned off by my opinions, or just be lame and not engage in social conversations at all. Yeah, maybe 8/10 people hate my views and opinions about games, but there are still people out there who appreciate my passion and honesty even if they don't agree with me.

Also, what is the point of system wars if you can't talk about what makes you both happy and unhappy as a gamer?

Perhaps I do put out more negative opinions than positive ones, maybe its some kind of entitlement issue I have for giving Nintendo so much of my money over the years. Something to think about I guess.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#54 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

He didn't even came close to say what TC is trying to imply in this shameful click bait thread.

The TC is an idiot.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 emgesp

@GreySeal9 said:
@madsnakehhh said:

He didn't even came close to say what TC is trying to imply in this shameful click bait thread.

The TC is an idiot.

Was that really necessary? That would have been a moderation warning back in 2006 I hope you know.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GreySeal9

@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@madsnakehhh said:

The TC is an idiot.

Was that really necessary? That would have been a moderation warning back in 2006 I hope you know.

No. It wasn't necessary but it's true.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@emgesp: Ok talk and discuss... that's what we all do here. But why go on and on and on over one damn company you are not even a consumer for anymore? You constantly make thread after thread, and in an off-handed way you always try to insult people in the process. The thread title for instance. And then there's the nonsensical stuff about Zelda "looking like an indie title" that is just out there to annoy people instead of truly discussing legit opinions about stuff.

It's like you go well out of your way to get attention, even though you say you don't care what people think about your opinions. It's also like you think the existence of System Wars makes you have to act a certain way. You can be more sincere about discussions since you claim to be so passionate about this stuff, but your threads always end up with little quality discussion, and a lot of fanboy bullshit.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By emgesp

@GreySeal9 said:
@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@madsnakehhh said:

The TC is an idiot.

Simply because the title wasn't what he literally said word for word makes me an idiot?

Did he not say kids without preconceived notions would think this game was fun? I don't see how that's any different than what I wrote even if it wasn't his exact words. At least I supplied the original quote.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GreySeal9

@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@madsnakehhh said:

The TC is an idiot.

Simply because the title wasn't what he literally said word for word makes me an idiot?

Did he not say kids without preconceived notions would think this game was fun? I don't see how that's any different than what I wrote even if it wasn't his exact words. At least I supplied the original quote.

You also tried to argue that he had contempt for well-informed gamers when all he's saying is that a kid would come into the experience less jaded; he literally made no judgment on well-informed gamers. And in no way did he say the game is good only if you're an ignorant child. He merely said that people going into "fresh" would likely have a good time with it. That's not to say that what he's saying is above reproach but you're not even coming close to grasping what he said.

In short, you're an idiot who can't read. And I'm not calling you an idiot just for this thread. Your Zelda thread was embarrassing as well. If you don't want to be called an idiot, think a little harder about what you're typing before you hit "post reply."

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By emgesp

@Bigboi500 said:

@emgesp: Ok talk and discuss... that's what we all do here. But why go on and on and on over one damn company you are not even a consumer for anymore? You constantly make thread after thread, and in an off-handed way you always try to insult people in the process. The thread title for instance. And then there's the nonsensical stuff about Zelda "looking like an indie title" that is just out there to annoy people instead of truly discussing legit opinions about stuff.

It's like you go well out of your way to get attention, even though you say you don't care what people think about your opinions. It's also like you think the existence of System Wars makes you have to act a certain way. You can be more sincere about discussions since you claim to be so passionate about this stuff, but your threads always end up with little quality discussion, and a lot of fanboy bullshit.

Well, technically I still buy Nintendo games, just for older Nintendo consoles.

And I was being sincere when I said Zelda looked like an indie title compared to Horizon based on the footage I saw. And if someone got offended over that then they are the ones who should stop taking games so seriously.

"Your threads always end up with little quality discussion, and a lot of fanboy bullshit."

I respectfully disagree.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/nx-exclusives-could-potentially-provide-better-vis-33264198/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/why-isnt-nintendo-taking-advantage-of-the-retro-ga-33261620/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-nx-simply-needs-to-be-unique-in-terms-of-softw-33249615/

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#61 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I think I see who the ignorant child is here...

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 GreySeal9

@Bigboi500 said:

I don't even mind that he obsessively hates on Nintendo. That's his prerogative and as much as I love their games, I find myself annoyed by their tendency to always go cheap and I never thought Star Fox looked even remotely good. What's annoying about emgesp is that he's a "concern basher": the kind of poster who hides their bashing behind "concern for the company." Just come out straight with your bashing. None of this passive-aggressive shit.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By emgesp
@GreySeal9 said:

You also tried to argue that he had contempt for well-informed gamers when all he's saying is that a kid would come into the experience less jaded; he literally made no judgment on well-informed gamers. And in no way did he say the game is good only if you're an ignorant child. He merely said that people going into "fresh" would likely have a good time with it. That's not to say that what he's saying is above reproach but you're not even coming close to grasping what he said.

In short, you're an idiot who can't read. And I'm not calling you an idiot just for this thread. Your Zelda thread was embarrassing as well. If you don't want to be called an idiot, think a little harder about what you're typing before you hit "post reply."

I never said he said the game is only good if you're a child.

So, my Zelda thread was embarrassing simply because of my opinion about its visuals? I don't know what to tell you I just wasn't impressed, I don't see how being unimpressed makes me an idiot.

Lastly, I find it funny how comfortable you're calling someone an idiot in the comfort of your own home behind a computer. Doesn't take guts to call someone an idiot over the internet buddy. Unless you'd be willing to call me an idiot in person I'd advise you to keep your nasty insults to yourself. If you don't agree with my opinions or like the threads I post that's fine, but the name calling is totally unnecessary.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By GreySeal9

@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Also, my Zelda thread was embarrassing simply because of my opinion about its visuals? I don't know what to tell you I just wasn't impressed, I don't see how being unimpressed makes me an idiot. Also, I find it funny how comfortable you're calling someone an idiot in the comfort of your own home behind a computer. Doesn't take guts to call someone an idiot over the internet buddy. Unless you'd be willing to call me an idiot in person I'd advise you to keep your nasty insults to yourself. If you don't agree with my opinions or like the threads I post that's fine, but the name calling is totally unnecessary.

No, it's not your opinion about the visuals that was embarrassing. What's embarrassing was your assertion that the game was nothing more than an open world Twilight Princess. You were trying to argue that the game didn't bring any changes when in reality it brought significant changes that were repeatedly pointed out.

Sorry but it takes a special kind of idiocy to read this comment from Miyamoto and then come to the conclusion that he has contempt for well-informed gamers. Again, if you don't want to be called an idiot, think before you post.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By emgesp

@GreySeal9 said:
@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Also, my Zelda thread was embarrassing simply because of my opinion about its visuals? I don't know what to tell you I just wasn't impressed, I don't see how being unimpressed makes me an idiot. Also, I find it funny how comfortable you're calling someone an idiot in the comfort of your own home behind a computer. Doesn't take guts to call someone an idiot over the internet buddy. Unless you'd be willing to call me an idiot in person I'd advise you to keep your nasty insults to yourself. If you don't agree with my opinions or like the threads I post that's fine, but the name calling is totally unnecessary.

No, it's not your opinion about the visuals that was embarrassing. What's embarrassing was your assertion that the game was nothing more than an open world Twilight Princess. You were trying to argue that the game didn't bring any changes when in reality in it brought significant changes that were repeatedly pointed out.

Sorry but it take a special kind of idiocy to read this comment and then come to the conclusion that he has contempt for well-informed gamers. Again, if you don't want to be called an idiot, think before you post.

I've said on multiple occasions that if you're simply comparing it to other Zelda games then yes its quite an improvement, but compared to other similar games it looks underwhelming.

If Miyamoto and Nintendo didn't hold contempt for well informed gamers then why do they keep releasing consoles that totally alienate core gamers? If they really cared about well informed gamers than the Wii U would have been a way better console.

- Antiquated hardware, Check

- No HDD, Check

- Weak third party support, Check

- Voice Chat not standard, Check

- Terrible Online infrastructure, Check

- Annoying gimmicks, Check

All the above proves that Nintendo's target audience isn't core gamers like myself who expect certain standards that we've have for the past 10+ yrs.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GreySeal9

@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:

No, it's not your opinion about the visuals that was embarrassing. What's embarrassing was your assertion that the game was nothing more than an open world Twilight Princess. You were trying to argue that the game didn't bring any changes when in reality in it brought significant changes that were repeatedly pointed out.

Sorry but it take a special kind of idiocy to read this comment and then come to the conclusion that he has contempt for well-informed gamers. Again, if you don't want to be called an idiot, think before you post.

I've said on multiple occasions that if you're simply comparing it to other Zelda games then yes its quite an improvement, but compared to other similar games it looks underwhelming.

If Miyamoto and Nintendo didn't hold contempt for well informed gamers then why do they keep releasing consoles that totally alienate core gamers? If they really cared about well informed gamers than the Wii U would have been a way better console.

- Antiquated hardware, Check

- No HDD, Check

- Weak third party support, Check

- Voice Chat not standard, Check

- Terrible Online infrastructure, Check

- Annoying gimmicks, Check

All the above proves that Nintendo's target audience isn't core gamers like myself who expect certain standards that we've have for the past 10+ yrs.

Their consoles not living up to your standards/=/contempt for so-called well-informed gamers.

This is exactly why I think you're stupid. You somehow can't get it through your thick head that there is a difference between Nintendo pursuing a strategy that you and other gamers don't like and them actually having contempt for you.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By emgesp

@GreySeal9 said:

Their consoles not living up to your standards/=/contempt for so-called well-informed gamers.

This is exactly why I think you're stupid. You somehow can't get it through your thick head that there is a difference between Nintendo pursuing a strategy that you and other gamers don't like and them actually having contempt for you.

They hold contempt for gamers like myself for not accepting their new strategy and choosing other platforms instead. That's what I'm saying man.

Also, Nintendo once stated that third party developers were useless companies. They put themselves on a pedestal and think their stuff doesn't stink. Miyamoto will never admit that SF:0's controls were a detriment to the game. He will continue to make excuses on how people just didn't give it enough time, or how some gamers are simply uncomfortable with new concepts.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GreySeal9

@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:

They hold contempt for gamers like myself for not accepting their new strategy and choosing other platforms instead. That's what I'm saying man.

Also, Nintendo once stated that third party developers were useless companies. They put themselves on a pedestal and think their stuff doesn't stink. Miyamoto will never admit that SF:0's controls were a detriment to the game. He will continue to make excuses on how people just didn't give it enough time, or how some gamers are simply uncomfortable with new concepts.

Pursuing a strategy you don't/=/contempt. A company is never going to be all things to all people. Do you even know what the word contempt means?

I'd like to see an actual quote of them saying third parties were useless companies so I can judge for myself. Since your reading comprehension is so fucking awful.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By emgesp

@GreySeal9 said:
@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Pursuing a strategy you don't/=/contempt. A company is never going to be all things to all people. Do you even know what the word contempt means?

I'd like to see an actual quote of them saying third parties were useless companies so I can judge for myself. Since your reading comprehension is so fucking awful.

But they keep doing everything in their power to keep a lot of core gamers from buying their consoles and I don't understand why. I mean if it wasn't for gamers like myself who purchased the original NES/Famicom in droves back in the 80's then I doubt they would still be making consoles/games at this point. I just don't get why they stopped caring about gamers like myself.

The quote below comes from an interview that was held back in 2000 when the then President of Nintendo was Hiroshi Yamauchi.

[At the end of the interview, Yamauchi turned his attention directly to the competition. He claimed that Sony won the last generation console war due to a large quantity of sub-par development houses producing PlayStation software. He then turned his attention towards Microsoft, who he claimed is throwing money at developers with no guarantee of success.

"I've been told that Sony won over Nintendo by surrounding itself with software companies, and I will admit that situation was there in the past. However, times have changed, and it's no longer a race to see how many useless companies you can get on your side. There are many people in the industry that know nothing about games. In particular, an American company is trying to do the same thing by engulfing software houses with money, but I don't believe that will go well. It looks like they'll sell their game system next year, but we'll see the answer to that the following year," he explained.]

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By GreySeal9

@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:

But they keep doing everything in their power to keep a lot of core gamers from buying their consoles and I don't understand why. I mean if it wasn't for gamers like myself who purchased the original NES/Famicom in droves back in the 80's then I doubt they would still be making consoles/games at this point I just don't get why they stopped caring about gamers like myself.

The quote below comes from an interview that was held back in 2000 when the then President of Nintendo was Hiroshi Yamauchi.

[At the end of the interview, Yamauchi turned his attention directly to the competition. He claimed that Sony won the last generation console war due to a large quantity of sub-par development houses producing PlayStation software. He then turned his attention towards Microsoft, who he claimed is throwing money at developers with no guarantee of success.

"I've been told that Sony won over Nintendo by surrounding itself with software companies, and I will admit that situation was there in the past. However, times have changed, and it's no longer a race to see how many useless companies you can get on your side. There are many people in the industry that know nothing about games. In particular, an American company is trying to do the same thing by engulfing software houses with money, but I don't believe that will go well. It looks like they'll sell their game system next year, but we'll see the answer to that the following year," he explained.]

I don't know why they're not catering their games/systems to you and I don't really care. Maybe it's because they feel like doing things on the cheap is a sounder business model. Whatever the reason is, I'm positive it's not because they have contempt for you (lol).

Also, why are you making this all about you? There are other core gamers who still enjoy their output. If you don't like their approach, give your money to companies that better fulfill your needs. Being a giant baby and acting like you're some kind of victim because Nintendo is not catering to what you desire in a console is just annoying.

That's not to say you shouldn't criticize them for their flaws or that their approach doesn't annoy me as well, but making this into an issue of "contempt" is just absurd.

I will give you credit for producing the quote tho. That's an incredibly stupid comment by Yamauchi but an ignorant comment made 2000 in no way demonstrates that Nintendo has any contempt you or that there was any contempt in Miyamoto's comments.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

@emgesp said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Not seeing the issue.

He's being bitter because well informed gamers didn't embrace the game like an ignorant child could possibly have.

He's trying to put most of the blame on the players and not his design flaws for its lackluster sales.

Not seeing this, the text, and Miyamoto himself comes across as a good spirited person rather than a jaded dickwad are slimy businessman.

He's essenailly Walt Disney without the racism.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 emgesp

@GreySeal9 said:

I don't know why they're not catering their games/systems to you and I don't really care. Maybe it's because they feel like doing things on the cheap is a sounder business model. Whatever the reason is, I'm positive it's not because they have contempt for you (lol).

Also, why are you making this all about you? There are other core gamers who still enjoy their output. If you don't like their approach, give your money to companies that better fulfill your needs. Being a giant baby and acting like you're some kind of victim because Nintendo is not catering to what you desire in a console is just annoying.

That's not to say you shouldn't criticize them for their flaws or that their approach doesn't annoy me as well, but making this into an issue of "contempt" is just absurd.

I will give you credit for producing the quote tho. That's an incredibly stupid comment by Yamauchi but an ignorant comment made 2000 in no way demonstrates that Nintendo has any contempt you or that there was any contempt in Miyamoto's comments.

I'm pretty sure all those gamers that still enjoy Nintendo games wouldn't have an issue if Nintendo tried to be more competitive in terms of hardware and features that we see on the Playstation and Xbox brands. Nobody would be against that. You can't say your consoles are made for every gamer when their are features and certain types of games totally missing from your box.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By emgesp

@uninspiredcup said:
@emgesp said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Not seeing the issue.

He's being bitter because well informed gamers didn't embrace the game like an ignorant child could possibly have.

He's trying to put most of the blame on the players and not his design flaws for its lackluster sales.

Not seeing this, the text, and Miyamoto himself comes across as a good spirited person rather than a jaded dickwad are a slimy businessman.

He's essenailly Walt Disney without the racism.

During the 80's and 90's I would totally agree with you, but now I'm starting to see more George Lucas than Walt Disney, not in terms of how people view him, but in terms of his execution as of late. Even the great Bosman agrees with me.

Loading Video...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#74 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

I liked Episode 3.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#75  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Miyamoto was making an argument you ignore. You make insults that he ignores. It's a mutually ignorant relationship, beautiful.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts
@Bigboi500 said:
@emgesp said:
@Bigboi500 said:

"well-informed gamers" ? You mean idiotic fanboys who hate on everything? Yep, this further confirms that System War mentality is the exact opposite of the real world.

Well, you'd have to be a somewhat well informed gamer to even know that Star Fox 0 even exists let alone know about its control scheme.

What's going on here is you are projecting your bias and fanboyisms on to others. There is no universal consensus that says SFZ is a bad game. Half of the people who hate on it have never even owned a Wii U, and some are just being gamers, which means being shitty.

Some people really love it. I personally think it's just ok and more of the same, but I'm fine with that. Who's really to say one way or the other? Claiming everyone who is "well-informed" hates it is nothing more than the typical fanboy bullshit we're all used to reading here, nothing more.

Your threads are straight up creepy, dude. And so is the way your mind works, if you are not actually trolling us all with this nonsense.

Creepy? Thats one of the most ridiculous points I've ever heard on here.

You're on fucking system wars mate. Get a grip. This board is for debates and arguments about gaming companies. Creepy? LOL!

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By emgesp

@uninspiredcup said:

I liked Episode 3.

If only Episode 3 was the only prequel made, but unfortunately Episode 1 and 2 exist.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@judaspete said:

Thread title is a bit click-bait. He's just saying people who go in without preconceived notions of of what the game should be, would be more likely to get into it. I haven't played the game, so I can't really comment on whether or not I agree.

That's a good way to put it and I could understand that somewhat, but even so, I think even if you approach SFZ with an open mindset unperverted by preconceived notions, it still is plagued by an overly unintuitive, obtrusive, and convoluted control scheme that does it no favors. It's poorly done, period, and no relativistic argument or position can change that.

My question is why did he personally single out children for potentially liking this game over other age demographics? As if a complicated control scheme would appeal to a kid more than other gamers. If anything I've personally seen the opposite to be true.

Todays kids are playing on iPads with incredibly simple user interfaces, so I find it funny that Miyamoto thinks kids would get into Star Fox's ridiculously over complicated control scheme. He is so out of the touch it isn't even funny.

Yea, I don't know. I always try to take these statements with a grain of salt due to translations. It could be in Japan it implies something not so literal as we read it.

Or maybe not. He obviously sincerely believes that there's nothing wrong with the game, and from what it seems like thinks gamers are at fault due to our past experiences and expectations. This is not new for Nintendo and is exemplary of arrogance, which they're full of.

@jg4xchamp: that as well. Game would still suck balls even if it had normal controls, you'd think at least if Nintendo's going to gimp their hardware for this gimmicky bullshit, they'd not ruin their games which look generations behind and are creatively dull.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19566 Posts

He's just saying that older gamers might be too set in their ways to accept SF0's control scheme.

Oh, wait, that was probably too intelligent for System Wars. How about...LOL!!! NINTENDO IS SO OUT OF TOUCH!!! HOW ARE THEY NOT BANKRUPT YET? WHEN IS THE NEXT GODCHARTED OUT??

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 MirkoS77

@GreySeal9 said:
@emgesp said:

But they keep doing everything in their power to keep a lot of core gamers from buying their consoles and I don't understand why. I mean if it wasn't for gamers like myself who purchased the original NES/Famicom in droves back in the 80's then I doubt they would still be making consoles/games at this point I just don't get why they stopped caring about gamers like myself.

In fairness, Yamauchi also had this to say about RPG gamers a while back:

[People who play RPGs are] “depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games.

Now I don't know about you, but I find that to be a contemptuous statement. There have also been games by them where the tutorials have been downright insulting. Explicitness is not necessary to demonstrate contempt. I've felt a large degree of how much credit Nintendo gives gamers with games such as Skyward Sword and Mario and Luigi. Of course that could be due to wanting to make their software accessible to all.

Personally I have to agree with emg a bit here and say I've always sensed a bit of contempt from Nintendo (such as not caring what anyone is asking for).

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By emgesp
@MirkoS77 said:

[People who play RPGs are] “depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games.

Now I don't know about you, but I find that to be a contemptuous statement. There have also been games by them where the tutorials have been downright insulting. Explicitness is not necessary to demonstrate contempt. I've felt a large degree of how much credit Nintendo gives gamers with games such as Skyward Sword and Mario and Luigi. Of course that could be due to wanting to make their software accessible to all.

Personally I have to agree with emg a bit here and say I've always sensed a bit of contempt from Nintendo (such as not caring what anyone is asking for).

Yamauchi would have made a great system wars member with all these great quotes.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 MirkoS77

@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Yamauchi would have made a great system wars member with all these great quotes.

He faked his death to extricate himself from Nintendo and is spending his golden years on SW.

Don't mess with this man.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 emgesp
@MirkoS77 said:
@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:

He faked his death to extricate himself from Nintendo and is spending his golden years on SW.

Don't mess with this man.

I just found my new Avatar. Thanks!!!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MirkoS77

@emgesp: LOL.

Heh. Well, you're welcome I suppose. I'd be too scared to have that guy as my avy. Stone cold.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By emgesp

I think its time to throw a little positiveness in this thread. Recently watched this GDC presentation that Iwata held in 2011 and I think its a great watch for all gamers.

Loading Video...
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56078 Posts

I wanted to comment on Star Fox: Zero but after reading just about everyone's comment here and including OP, this thread isn't worth discussing but I will say this, SFZ wasn't like any of the other Star Fox games from SNES & N64, I personally felt that the game could've done more but I won't say it's the worst Star Fox game I played so far and my daughter plays the game, she really loves it, so that's good enough for me.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

He has a point to an extent. While I'm not a child, I do have very little attachment to the Star Fox franchise, and I enjoyed Zero. So I can imagine that people going in with the mindset of a Star Fox game may be disappointed. I enjoyed the game because of the controls, not the franchise.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

@emgesp said:

“I think personally Star Fox is a really fun game if you sit down and play it. I think, for example, an elementary school kid who plays it without any preconceived notions, I think it would be really fun for them. I think it’s also really, really fun for siblings to play it together."

I see nothing wrong with that statement.

Even when you paraphrase it or single out one part underlined and in bold.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By emgesp

@R4gn4r0k said:
@emgesp said:

“I think personally Star Fox is a really fun game if you sit down and play it. I think, for example, an elementary school kid who plays it without any preconceived notions, I think it would be really fun for them. I think it’s also really, really fun for siblings to play it together."

My argument is that kids don't like overly complicated controls anymore than older gamers do. Again, kids these days are growing up with iPads and Smartphones with incredibly simple user interfaces, so the last thing they would gravitate to is a game with such complex controls that is found in Star Fox Zero. They'd would get way too frustrated with the control scheme and quickly go back to playing with their iPads.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

@emgesp said:

My argument is that kids don't like over complicated controls anymore than older gamers do. Again, kids these days are growing up with iPads and Smartphones with incredibly easy user interfaces the last thing they would gravitate to is a game with such complex controls that is found in Star Fox Zero. They'd be like "this doesn't work like my iPad" and then move on.

I just wish that parents had and made more time for their kids, and don't always push a smartphone or tablet in front of their face when they don't have time for them.

It'll have some serious negative consequences in the long run, and short attention spans and not being able to adjust to harder, more demanding games are just some minor ones (though still very unfortunate).

My parents didn't always have a lot of time for me growing up, but I wasn't just sat in front of a TV for hours on end either. I got to play outside, I got to go to friends, stay at my grandparents, had to do a job, or whatever. It's just that tablets and smartphones are such an easy solution that a lot of parents ALWAYS resort to it, and that's just bad.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19566 Posts
@emgesp said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@emgesp said:

My argument is that kids don't like over complicated controls anymore than older gamers do. Again, kids these days are growing up with iPads and Smartphones with incredibly easy user interfaces the last thing they would gravitate to is a game with such complex controls that is found in Star Fox Zero. They'd be like "this doesn't work like my iPad" and then move on.

So...you're saying that kids with preconceived notions of how controls should work might not enjoy SF0's complexity, and will abandon it without giving it a fair chance?

Isn't that Miyamoto's whole point?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Miyamoto defines the very problems existing with Nintendo in its condition: The games are great regardless of what people think and quite frankly, gamers do not know what they are talking about.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By emgesp

@Planeforger said:
@emgesp said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@emgesp said:

So...you're saying that kids with preconceived notions of how controls should work might not enjoy SF0's complexity, and will abandon it without giving it a fair chance?

Isn't that Miyamoto's whole point?

What kid growing up in a middle class family these days isn't exposed to some kind of video game by the age of like 5? Just about everyone who would try Star Fox Zero would have already been exposed to some other types of games. I can't imagine SF:0 being the first game experience for a lot of kids. So, I think Miyamoto's logic is quite faulty here.

I personally think a kid would be turned off by video games if his first exposure to them was with SF:0 and its very complicated control scheme.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#94 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56078 Posts

@emgesp said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@emgesp said:

My argument is that kids don't like overly complicated controls anymore than older gamers do. Again, kids these days are growing up with iPads and Smartphones with incredibly simple user interfaces, so the last thing they would gravitate to is a game with such complex controls that is found in Star Fox Zero. They'd would get way too frustrated with the control scheme and quickly go back to playing with their iPads.

Ummm excuse me buddy but that's hardly true on what you're saying. My daughter is 9yrs, she doesn't even like iPads, she enjoys playing my old consoles like Gamecube and I gave her a Wii U on her birthday last year. My daughter never has a problem with the Gamepad, she thinks it's really cool, I gave her Star Fox: Zero during her birthday 2 months ago and she's enjoying it. I also have run into kids that don't bother playing there iPads, just gaming handhelds like PSP, DS, 3DS, ect. so you're points on kids playing iPads and such not entirely accurate.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

This thread seems to be grasping. Salty TC......

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By emgesp

@davillain- said:
@emgesp said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@emgesp said:

Ummm excuse me buddy but that's hardly true on what you're saying. My daughter is 9yrs, she doesn't even like iPads, she enjoys playing my old consoles like Gamecube and I gave her a Wii U on her birthday last year. My daughter never has a problem with the Gamepad, she thinks it's really cool, I gave her Star Fox: Zero during her birthday 2 months ago and she's enjoying it. I also have run into kids that don't bother playing there iPads, just gaming handhelds like PSP, DS, 3DS, ect. so you're points on kids playing iPads and such not entirely accurate.

Well statistics show that the majority of kids want smartphones and tablets over dedicated Nintendo handhelds/consoles.

Your daughter is simply an exception.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/study_suggests_rising_smartphone_ownership_among_kids_is_hitting_nintendo_hard

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#97 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

Take it away, Brian:

Loading Video...

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By emgesp

@nintendoboy16 said:
@madsnakehhh said:

Take it away, Brian:

Why do you think Miyamoto singled out elementary school kids in his quote, is it not because of the fact that they haven't had enough time to become jaded and dare I say stubborn gamers yet? He thinks since they haven't had a ton of experience with games that they might like Star Fox Zero's controls over older gamers, but I don't see how that would be the case as bad controls don't suddenly become good with a certain age demographic. If a game controls badly for most 25 yr olds then its going to perform just as badly with kids, if not worse.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#99 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:
@emgesp said:
@Bigboi500 said:

This dude has to be a alt troll. He posts exactly like brah4ever, and they are constantly quoting and agreeing with each other, and I'd wager he is also techhog. They all post in the exact same passive-aggressive nature of disingenuous flare.

I've never seen so much hate for a single game in the history of my time here. Not even Ryse, Knack, or The Order have received as much hate as Star Fox Zero, and I can't even understand why. I've never seen anyone hype the game in the first place, unlike those other titles. It's a campaign of attacks on Nintendo by someone with a weird obsession with them. I mean, who hates on a game and a company this strongly? It's like this guy is having a personal war with a freaking game company, for God knows why. Doesn't he have anything better to do?

I've been here since 2004 smart guy. I don't need a freaking alt account. You just can't seem to handle people who are very passionate about their opinions. I say if you're going to have an opinion, especially one that potentially will alienate you from others then you better own it and accept the consequences. I don't expect anyone to agree with my opinions and frankly I don't care who agrees or doesn't agree with me.

Ask/tell that to a... certain moderator here, who openly admitted to me that he feels like Nintendo is holding him a gunpoint John Woo style because they have the IP's he likes.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#100  Edited By svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So this should be proof somewhat that Nintendo does in fact gear their games towards kids.

At least Nintendo still makes games targeted to the younger audience seeing as Sony and MS almost exclusively target the frat boy dude-bro group now.

Oh topic I enjoyed and finished SFZ. Would I have liked it better with being able to turn off the motion controls entirely? Yes. Did I learn to adjust to the controls? Obliviously.