Miyamoto himself scolds the Wii haters!

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 6icks_tea_4hoar
Member since 2007 • 1492 Posts
Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. gingerdivid
you're trying too hard.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. 6icks_tea_4hoar
you're trying too hard.

he is great but gets titled as the father of gaming and the saviour of gaming when he is unworthy of those titles.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaarstein"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Kaarstein"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. gingerdivid
Why are you bothering? Everyone knows your a fakeboy this time round. Some people didn't catch on the first time you were a cow, but everyone will have noticed it since you "suddenly" became a hardcore sheep and back to being another plain old dumb cow. You might as well just become a real poster.

I am a fakeboy for posting my opinion? oh and expirementing with other consoles is being open minded not being a fakeboy.

OK, I`ll bite: Show me a developer (and not a company, just a developer) that has made as many genre defining and critically acclaimed games over as many genres as Shigeru Miyamoto. And for referance, here is the list he must beat: http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-nintendo-games-created-by-shigeru-miyamoto

Ralf bear made gaming however who knows him around here? Shiggy is a great dev but he is overated.

I know that Ralf Bear made video gaming and I have never said that Shiggy did it. But the respect for Shiggy comes from the fact that he has made more critically acclaimed games over more genres then any other developer. And he is not overrated, my point is not that you have to like his games, but he deserves the respect he gets.

He can't stay original however can he? Other devs can so he is not really at this moment taking gaming forward which is what great devs do.

He has been with the teams that made DS and Wii, two very unique consoles IMO. In løater years he has made Pikmin, Nintendogs to name two, and still continiue to evolve his old franchises, like Mario Galaxy. And there is a unanounced new IP from him coming to Wii, so your argument is false.
Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 6icks_tea_4hoar
Member since 2007 • 1492 Posts
[QUOTE="6icks_tea_4hoar"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. gingerdivid
you're trying too hard.

he is great but gets titled as the father of gaming and the saviour of gaming when he is unworthy of those titles.

you're right. he's not worthy to be called the "savior" or "father" of gaming. he should be called the God of gaming.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#155 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. gingerdivid

Like your word holds any weight? It couldn't even hold a feather. Miyamoto has created more master pieces then any other dev and that's a fact not an opinion. His 8-16 bit catalog alone is more then others.

If he is so great, how comes he can't stray away from foundations that were laid 20 years ago. TP is actually LttP in 3D.

And you fail to realize that MIYAMOTO HAS NOT SINGLE HANDEDLY DEVELopED A ZELDA GAME SINCE OoT!!! Why do people not understand this? Miyamoto had very little to do with TP, he simply stopped in every once and awhile to check in on progress that Eiji Aonuma and the rest of the staff had been making.

So basically, Miyamoto has done nothing in 9 years? Sign of a great dev?

Ever heard of Pikmin? Nintendogs? Not to mention He does still continue to make the Mario games, and he currently has an IP in the works that has yet to be announced. Plus, you do realize that Miyamoto is the mastermind behind the basis of the DS and Wii? I'd think you'd know that Mr. "Gaming Historian"

In 9 years he made Nintendogs and pikmin?

How pathetic. You've really ran out of logical replies haven't you? For one thing, he doesn't make as many games as he used to, I can admit that, but he has good reason. About two years ago he was promoted to an executive position, but he still makes games as well. Heres a few games I can think of off the top of my head: Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Nintendogs, Super Mario Sunshine, WindWaker (Eiji was director but Miyamoto had a bigger part than in TP), and supervised Twilight Princess (And currently he is working on a new IP and Super Mario Galaxy). Like I said, he also was involved in the development of Wii and the DS. Its impossible to make Miyamoto seem "not important", because he is no matter how you look at it, and I can guarantee you anyone on Gamespot, even the staff, would agree. Also, your math is wrong, its been 8 years since Ocarina of Time.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Kaarstein"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Kaarstein"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. Kaarstein
Why are you bothering? Everyone knows your a fakeboy this time round. Some people didn't catch on the first time you were a cow, but everyone will have noticed it since you "suddenly" became a hardcore sheep and back to being another plain old dumb cow. You might as well just become a real poster.

I am a fakeboy for posting my opinion? oh and expirementing with other consoles is being open minded not being a fakeboy.

OK, I`ll bite: Show me a developer (and not a company, just a developer) that has made as many genre defining and critically acclaimed games over as many genres as Shigeru Miyamoto. And for referance, here is the list he must beat: http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-nintendo-games-created-by-shigeru-miyamoto

Ralf bear made gaming however who knows him around here? Shiggy is a great dev but he is overated.

I know that Ralf Bear made video gaming and I have never said that Shiggy did it. But the respect for Shiggy comes from the fact that he has made more critically acclaimed games over more genres then any other developer. And he is not overrated, my point is not that you have to like his games, but he deserves the respect he gets.

He can't stay original however can he? Other devs can so he is not really at this moment taking gaming forward which is what great devs do.

He has been with the teams that made DS and Wii, two very unique consoles IMO. In løater years he has made Pikmin, Nintendogs to name two, and still continiue to evolve his old franchises, like Mario Galaxy. And there is a unanounced new IP from him coming to Wii, so your argument is false.

Mario in space is new? TP wasn't new, sunshie wasn't new Super smash wasn't new. How is he original? Motion sensing isn't new, DS is new and innovative however shiggy cant take all the credit for the DS.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="6icks_tea_4hoar"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. 6icks_tea_4hoar
you're trying too hard.

you're right. he's not worthy to be called the "savior" or "father" of gaming. he should be called the God of gaming.

How? he didn't save gaming nor did he make gaming.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="6icks_tea_4hoar"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. gingerdivid
you're trying too hard.

ummm.... he is the savior of gaming. The NES wouldn't have taken off without Super Mario Brothers, and Donkey Kong help bring back the Arcades.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="Kaarstein"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Kaarstein"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Kaarstein"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. gingerdivid

Mario in space is new? TP wasn't new, sunshie wasn't new Super smash wasn't new. How is he original? Motion sensing isn't new, DS is new and innovative however shiggy cant take all the credit for the DS.

It would really be nice if I could quote one of your earlier posts from about a month ago, you'd be owning yourself right now.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. REVOLUTIONfreak

Like your word holds any weight? It couldn't even hold a feather. Miyamoto has created more master pieces then any other dev and that's a fact not an opinion. His 8-16 bit catalog alone is more then others.

If he is so great, how comes he can't stray away from foundations that were laid 20 years ago. TP is actually LttP in 3D.

And you fail to realize that MIYAMOTO HAS NOT SINGLE HANDEDLY DEVELopED A ZELDA GAME SINCE OoT!!! Why do people not understand this? Miyamoto had very little to do with TP, he simply stopped in every once and awhile to check in on progress that Eiji Aonuma and the rest of the staff had been making.

Ever heard of Pikmin? Nintendogs? Not to mention He does still continue to make the Mario games, and he currently has an IP in the works that has yet to be announced. Plus, you do realize that Miyamoto is the mastermind behind the basis of the DS and Wii? I'd think you'd know that Mr. "Gaming Historian"

How pathetic. You've really ran out of logical replies haven't you? For one thing, he doesn't make as many games as he used to, I can admit that, but he has good reason. About two years ago he was promoted to an executive position, but he still makes games as well. Heres a few games I can think of off the top of my head: Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Nintendogs, Super Mario Sunshine, WindWaker (Eiji was director but Miyamoto had a bigger part than in TP), and supervised Twilight Princess (And currently he is working on a new IP and Super Mario Galaxy). Like I said, he also was involved in the development of Wii and the DS. Its impossible to make Miyamoto seem "not important", because he is no matter how you look at it, and I can guarantee you anyone on Gamespot, even the staff, would agree. Also, your math is wrong, its been 8 years since Ocarina of Time.

right the only original one is nintendogs, so he could only come up with one original thing in 20 years? If shiggy makes games like spore and crossplayer then I would agree, but he mainly sticks to 20 year old formula's does he not?
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="6icks_tea_4hoar"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. REVOLUTIONfreak
you're trying too hard.

ummm.... he is the savior of gaming. The NES wouldn't have taken off without Super Mario Brothers, and Donkey Kong help bring back the Arcades.

no, the NES saved gaming in NA only. So thats saving gaming is it? Arcades were actaully still booming Donkey Kong only added to the libary at the time actually space raiders brought arcade gaming back.
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

Hmmmmm, miyamoto can't take it that someone has another opinion apparently, a shame.2FacedJanus

:| From where exactly did you get that?

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. gingerdivid

right the only original one is nintendogs, so he could only come up with one original thing in 20 years? If shiggy makes games like spore and crossplayer then I would agree, but he mainly sticks to 20 year old formula's does he not?

How was Pikmin not new? Besides, Miyamoto doesn't stick to old formulas, he reinvents franchises with NEW formulas, AKA Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. He isn't afraid to take a risk, and most importantly, he sets standards so that nothing is done half a**ed. Unless you can find a large group of people on Gamespot that disagree with me, I don't plan on justifying this argument with another response anytime soon.... I proved my point.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. REVOLUTIONfreak

How was Pikmin not new? Besides, Miyamoto doesn't stick to old formulas, he reinvents franchises with NEW formulas, AKA Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. He isn't afraid to take a risk, and most importantly, he sets standards so that nothing is done half a**ed. Unless you can find a large group of people on Gamespot that disagree with me, I don't plan on justifying this argument with another response anytime soon.... I proved my point.

OoT was a LttP in 3D, Mario 64 wasn't actually original just mario in 3D. But still 8 years since he ,de something original and no Pikmin isn't original.
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#165 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
but only Miyamoto could say this,If Miyamoto left nintendo no one would care for them
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. gingerdivid

OoT was a LttP in 3D, Mario 64 wasn't actually original just mario in 3D. But still 8 years since he ,de something original and no Pikmin isn't original.

pikmin wasn't original...........care to back that up? Dear god.......owning you is just not as rewarding as it used to be. Where's the sense of accomplishment when i'm arguing with a wall!?
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Kaarstein
[QUOTE="Vampyronight"][QUOTE="Kaarstein"][QUOTE="Vampyronight"]Well, I'd hate to divert back on topic from the argument over Zelda, but I guess I will. I have no problem with motion sensing...none at all. But I still don't like the Wii, so I haven't been 'Miyamotowned.' Since the Wii is running on aged hardware, we're stuck with old technologies that aren't pushing gaming forward. Sorry, but after seeing DMM and Euphoria from Lucasarts, those are the kinds of things I want to see in games, motion sensing or not. And right now, I'm not seeing much of anything that makes me totally believe in motion sensing (just a lot of potential). Let's look at what we've seen from Mario Galaxy...you run and jump around (teh shock!). The remote can be used to....do a spin attack by shaking it, or point out different things on screen to drag Mario there.....that's it. As pointed out on IGN's roundtable for FPS controls (a great read for anyone interested in the Wii or FPS), right now, I'm just not seeing anything that makes me think this is better than pressing a button. Is it really more immersive to shake the remote to do a spin attack than it would be to hit a button?

By the way, I still have the utmost respect for Miyamoto as a game designer and think anyone who doesn't must be crazy- this is just more to the point that his comments don't deflect my criticisms of the Wii.

The article was more targeted towards people who says its just a gimmick, not that everyone should buy it. And as you say in your post, you do see the potential so I guess you already are seeing it his way. But if you want the console is another topic altogether, I fully agree you should be convinced before you buy a console and that its the games that matters. :)

Wow, I didn't get flamed- you're one of a kind! :) But yeah, I certainly see the potential...I'm just not seeing anything done with the potential to make me either buy it or even believe it's making a shift in gaming until I see some great uses of it. I'll concede that Wii Sports is quite a good use, but after that....? I'm not even seeing much on the horizon. I just watched GameTrailers' video preview of Cooking Mama and even its use of the remote doesn't seem to be enough to make me feel it's a true step forward. From the video, the cutting motion is straight down and it doesn't seem to require one to move their hands to chop in a different location...is that really much better than hitting A? Perhaps its because Nintendo's trying to reposition itself in the gaming world- it was casuals (as in the extreme casuals, not Madden lovers) so it needs games to be simpler....but in making them simpler, it makes the remote seem more like a novelty. I think it's going to be hard for Nintendo itself to sell the world on motion sensing being in this situation, but I do think they've made an impact on MS and Sony for the next generation. However, it may be one of them that gets the credit for making motion sensing a more immersive play style if Nintendo is forced to keep considering the needs of extreme casuals.

I dont usually flame people, pluss you argued your case with facts and reasoning so you deserve a well thought out response IMO :) The new ways to play the games will IMO take some time and research from developers, and just like with PS3 we need to give the Wii some time before we see its full potential. But I believe Nintendo also had to prove to regular gamers that traditional games are still just as possible on Wii as with the regular consoles. This was proven by Zelda, and they will probable still release games like that since gamers want it. But hopefully we will see even new genres, and completely new ways to play the games. Wario Ware is a great example, it does so much different with motion sencing wich really couldnt be done on other consoles. Now I know that my example might make you think it will be just a mini-game console, but my point is it shows in so many ways how the controller can be used in new ways, and will most likely give developers tons of ideas that they can use in their full fledge games. And for the casuals, I dont really think casuals has gotten a hold of the system yet. Yes it is advertised for them, but casuals do not sit in lines for hours to buy the systems. This is also somethingh I think developers are noticing, and it indicates that regular gamers who like regular games is also buying the system. This is ofcourse nothing I can prove, but I think it is very logically to think so. Now for MS and Sony if they will copy Nintendo next gen, I do not know yet that they will, but what I do hope is that they take this experience and learn that its better to be original and different from each other, and not to try to copy eachothers every feature. Hopefully like in this gen I will get two completely different experiences from my Wii and future 360, in the next gen all the consoles will be so unique that games will be different on all the consoles. Hope that made sence :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#168 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Im not sure why this overated devs word holds any wieght. gingerdivid

Pikmen is original.. and Mario 64, mario just in 3D? ...:roll:
Patheticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#169 Patheticus
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts
dang,i come to this board hopin' to see an angry-faced miyamoto but he's still grinning?!does anyone have a link showing his angry face?
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Kaarstein
gingerdivid
Mario in space is new, but how original we still dont know ofcourse, so you cant bash or acclaim how innovative it is yet. TP was made by Eiji Aonuma Sunshine was a polished up Mario64 with the water-tank, not saying every game is revolutionary, besides I really like Sunshine have`nt played a similar game since it was launched actually. Moting sencing used in such a complete ways new. With full 3d space recognition, with a infrared receiver that pinpoints where you are aiming on screen, or even make it dual-motionsencing with the nunchuck seperated from the Wiimote so you get almost double the motion recognition possebileties. For the heck of it you could even argue that seperating the left and right parts of the controller so you can rest more easier playing could be argued, but I see no point in arguing that so we`ll let that slide :P Now motion sencing has been used in gaming before, noone is arguing against that. We all know Kirby Tilt`n turn, Microsoft Sidewinder, Pelican controller for PS1 and even the Power Glove for NES. Our argument is its never been done this way for gaming, and this should be obvious from all the developers saying they are trying to figure out how to best implement the controller. If it was done before and was a common thing, they would have known how to do this years ago. No Shiggy cant take the whole credit for DS or all of the games for that matter, except for Donkey Kong wich he made himself :P But this is true for everyone, its not one person that makes any game or system, its the team. But he has been part and leader for many teams that have put out a very impressive number of games and now consoles, so he deserves the credit he gets.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Kaarstein
but only Miyamoto could say this,If Miyamoto left nintendo no one would care for themblacktorn
Thats also not true, Eiji Aonuma who makes Zelda since MM is still there. Inteligent Systems that makes Fire Emblem, Advanced Wars, Paper Mario among others is still there. Retro Studio that makes Metroid Prime is still there, Monsters inc and Pokemon inc will still make Pokemon, and on and on. Even if he is the best, he is not the only one ;)
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts
Miyamoto is the man.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Firelore29

Good job on the 8.8 flop Miyamoto. None, and I do mean none, of your Wii games have come close to proving their worth in graphics or controls.sdifjds

Miyamoto made Wii Sports.  Last time I checked that was a huge hit with virtually everyone gamers and non-gamers alike.

NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 NuclearFreedom
Member since 2006 • 1235 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Most haters here don't have respect for Miyamoto, saying he has nothing original... even though I can list every original game he mad last gen and still to this day...Vyse_The_Daring
Any one who doesn't have respect for Miyamoto is just dumb.

no...whoever doesnt respect this man doesnt deserve to play videogames.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Firelore29

I would like for someone to go back and count up the number of AAA titles that Miyamoto has made in his life up to this point.  I don't know how many it is but it's a huge number. 

Also for all of you saying Miyamoto's only good games are Mario and Zelda you need to go take a history lesson.  That guy has made so many different amazing video games it's rediculous.

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts

I'm going to stay away from the current argument going on simply because it's irrelveant. Whether you as an individual think it or not, Shigeru Miyamoto is one of the greatest developers of all time if not the greatest. I'm not going to debate further regarding that because it's fact. Now for what he actually said.

I think he makes a good point. Now not to say I don't want to see more games of the 'norm' but I think the Wii can really introduce new aspects into gaming if someone has enough creativity to do so. Motion-sensing isn't something new but for it to be the main mechanic in a consoel can definitely get people thinking as to how they can take advantage of the technology.

Moving forward and doing things new is something that should be appreciated but it isn't. People have the right to their own opinions but to be honest a lot of people who dismiss the Wii, or hate another console just won't open their minds to the fact it may actually be fun. And can still be successful even if you're not a part of those experiencing it. You may not like it but that's not to say it cannot be enjoyed by others. The Wii has done quite welloftware sales are good. So ther are people that are enjoying their nifty new Nintendo console.

I don't think the Wii is a gimmick and I agree with Miyamoto that Nintendo should try new things and perhaps further themselves from MS & Sony but maintain their great products. Experimenting and creativity is absolutely great but it shouldn't be a hinderence.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts
They dont call him the Father of Gaming for nothing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
deactivated-5d560a230ad3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#178 deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
Member since 2004 • 1546 Posts

http://wii.ign.com/articles/765/765374p1.html

UK, February 16, 2007 - Mario's dad and all-round Nintendo genius Shigeru Miyamoto has defended the Wii by saying anyone who thinks the motion-sensing remote is just a gimmick has got it all wrong. In an interview with CNN's Talk Asia, Miyamoto responded to claims that the Wii was a waste of time and money by saying, "If you use it you would know that you had the wrong impression about it. I became more and more confident in the Wii since I started to make the software for it."

Miyamoto was also quizzed over stiff competition from Sony and Microsoft, to which he replied Nintendo was "too conscious of competition" and that the games giant should try to "be unique and become a company that can not be compared with the other corporations". He then went on to say that if Nintendo continues making games that capture the imagination of the public it "will always have an advantage over other companies".

You heard the man.

Willy105

Miyamoto--personal hero of mine, and an international figure to be sure.

But the verdict is still out on the Wii for me.

johnusabeis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 johnusabeis
Member since 2004 • 2369 Posts
i have more respect for this guy than i ever will for anyone in the gaming industry. not only by his talent and passion for creating great games but for his humble nature. its been said that he insists on making an average salary and he rides a bike too work everyday. ive never seen him take direct stabs at any developer or company. just a real stand up guy.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#180 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
i have more respect for this guy than i ever will for anyone in the gaming industry. not only by his talent and passion for creating great games but for his humble nature. its been said that he insists on making an average salary and he rides a bike too work everyday. ive never seen him take direct stabs at any developer or company. just a real stand up guy.johnusabeis
Agreed 100% Definitely a great guy.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#181 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="johnusabeis"]i have more respect for this guy than i ever will for anyone in the gaming industry. not only by his talent and passion for creating great games but for his humble nature. its been said that he insists on making an average salary and he rides a bike too work everyday. ive never seen him take direct stabs at any developer or company. just a real stand up guy.HeedleGlavin
Agreed 100% Definitely a great guy.

/agree