Minecraft 360 beating halo 4 in live activity

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]I wish they'd release a "Halo 3 map pack" :( But I agree I find myself playing the same maps a bit too often.

A Reach pack would be better. Those maps I liked. There was variety in layout, in tone (color/lighting) and in style. Plus, have they released any community Forge maps yet? Some of those made Reach even better. Maybe I should go back to Reach... >_>
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33097 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]I wish they'd release a "Halo 3 map pack" :( But I agree I find myself playing the same maps a bit too often.Zeviander
A Reach pack would be better. Those maps I liked. There was variety in layout, in tone (color/lighting) and in style. Plus, have they released any community Forge maps yet? Some of those made Reach even better. Maybe I should go back to Reach... >_>

According to a bulletin they released on halo waypoint yesterday all specializations will be unlocked slowly for everyone, some new playlists may be added, but rotated and their testing community maps in forge.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]I wish they'd release a "Halo 3 map pack" :( But I agree I find myself playing the same maps a bit too often.Zeviander

I don't know what they've released yet. I love the game, but I only play it on the random chance I go to a friend's house, so I don't really have a direct Halo 4 feed :P

I'm reading about an upcoming update for Jan 21, and in the release notes it says:

• "Forge Test" playlist (name not final): A rotational hopper featuring small Forge maps such as Relay. Help us test these maps by providing feedback and reporting bugs that will assist us in getting them ready for Matchmaking!
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

3rd place on the Xbox Live listing means doomed now?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Minecraft is an extremely fun game to play online. This doesn't suprise me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60679 Posts
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] i liked it at first, the noise in makes in the menu or map sucks though. its bugging me how everyone is loved up over a game which plays essentially the same as farcry 2 which everyone except me hated. i got bored of far cry 3 after about 20 hours, i'll no doubt pick it up again in the summer to finish it off.

I think it's immensely better than FC2, especially the travel aspect of it.

theres not much difference, give it a while longer, you'll get bored too. there are only so many rusty towers you can climb. its a good game, it just got boring, the missions weren't as interesting as i'd hoped either.

Naw so full of content, to me it's solid and like Erotica said Ubisoft give you something in each area of a game that's scratches your itch ;) I also like the challenges, very fun to do those for a break during SP play.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 super600  Moderator

3rd place on the Xbox Live listing means doomed now?

WiiCubeM1

I actually enjoy the game a lot(besides the flawed spartan ops mode and some issues in the MP), but some of the extreme halo fanboys think the game is doomed. Mostly the ones obsessed with population numbers.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

In other news, Minecraft is now beating every non-CoD game on PS3 in PSN activity :lol:

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

I could never really get into Minecraft for some reason.

Sagem28
Same I played the free trail for a few mins than deleted it
Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

Yeaaa i stopped playing around level 30 something. When the DMR is the best weapon and no other weapon even comes close to it, it loses it's fun factor fast.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#63 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

I love Halo 4 but i haven't felt like playing it. Just all shootered out. Kinda disappointed with how they've handeled the dlc, they should have done it like Halo 3. No ones going to buy it if it's all restricted to just one playlist.

Aside from that I have no ill feeling for the game.

But I haven't been playing much Minecraft either. Kinda tired out on Halo 4 and Minecraft by the hundred hour mark. I'm waiting for the ender dragon.

Right now I'm mostly playing Bayonetta and Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition. I have a lot of 360 games sitting around that I need to catch up on.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 vashkey
[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]I wish they'd release a "Halo 3 map pack" :( But I agree I find myself playing the same maps a bit too often.

I'd say most of the Halo community agrees when I say that Reach had the worst maps in the entire series.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ly_the_Fairy

Yeaaa i stopped playing around level 30 something. When the DMR is the best weapon and no other weapon even comes close to it, it loses it's fun factor fast.

Quaker-w00ts

The DMR has the exact same kill time as every other primary weapon. It's all a matter of preference. Well, technically speaking the Light Rifle has a 0.2 second faster kill time zoomed in, and a 0.2 second slower kill time zoomed out, but still.

I usually run with the assault rifle/storm rifle, and the magnum.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 vashkey

[QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

Ly_the_Fairy

The DMR has the exact same kill time as every other primary weapon. It's all a matter of preference. Well, technically speaking the Light Rifle has a 0.2 second faster kill time zoomed in, and a 0.2 second slower kill time zoomed out, but still.

It's down to range to. The battle rifle feels more effective at closer ranges. I use the light rifle for the longer ranges because of the extra scope damage. I mostly use the dmr when as a good fall back weapon when I'm not doing too good. Carbine is better for close range, haven't tested it but I think it kills faster if you shoot as fast as possible and your aim it true. That's always been the idea of the weapon.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

vashkey

It's down to range to. The battle rifle feels more effective at closer ranges. I use the light rifle for the longer ranges because of the extra scope damage. I mostly use the dmr when as a good fall back weapon when I'm not doing too good. Carbine is better for close range, haven't tested it but I think it kills faster if you shoot as fast as possible and your aim it true. That's always been the idea of the weapon.

Carbine won't kill any faster than the other weapons, but because it shoots so much faster there is less penalty for missing over the BR, DMR, and Light Rifle.

With that said it's a bit tricky to use because you've got to keep your aim steady while mashing the trigger :P

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#68 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I am a minecraft noob and just started playing a week ago, my first time on survival was 2 days ago. It's very addictive and creative, at first I didn't understand what kind of game it was or what was the goal, but it does have one just in a strange way. Nothing is better than going deeper into a dark cave, torches save my ass because I get lost so much lol. But it takes a while to learn how to do things, I wish there was a tutorial or something.

I haven't played the 360 version but I hope they bring it to PS3 too. Currently I am playing it on PC, but how is the 360 version? Is it the exact same? I know you can't use texture mods that I use on the PC but if they brought it over to PSN I would buy it. But IMO Minecraft is a far better game than Halo 4.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]I wish they'd release a "Halo 3 map pack" :( But I agree I find myself playing the same maps a bit too often.vashkey

I'd say most of the Halo community agrees when I say that Reach had the worst maps in the entire series.

The maps that came with Reach were overall bad yes. I loved some of the forge ones they added though.

I had alot of fun playing CTF/assualt on some of the forge maps in BTB.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#70 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

I could never really get into Minecraft for some reason.

onewiththegame

Same I played the free trail for a few mins than deleted it

I don't blame you for deleting the Xbox Live Trial.

360 Minecraft is stiff and Holds your hand WAY too much.

Also you get an Achievement for opening the menu....really?

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
I loved Halo 4. 3rd isn't bad when you still have an active community of players
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

and? minecraft is ****ing amazing. halo never stood a chance

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#73 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Halo is getting irrelevant after so much milking. Tell me something I didnt knew

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Minecraft is amazing that's why. The Rooster Teeth Let's Plays also brought more people into the game.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#75 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I am a minecraft noob and just started playing a week ago, my first time on survival was 2 days ago. It's very addictive and creative, at first I didn't understand what kind of game it was or what was the goal, but it does have one just in a strange way. Nothing is better than going deeper into a dark cave, torches save my ass because I get lost so much lol. But it takes a while to learn how to do things, I wish there was a tutorial or something.

I haven't played the 360 version but I hope they bring it to PS3 too. Currently I am playing it on PC, but how is the 360 version? Is it the exact same? I know you can't use texture mods that I use on the PC but if they brought it over to PSN I would buy it. But IMO Minecraft is a far better game than Halo 4.

ShadowMoses900

Can anyone answer my question?

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts
Not suprised. They messed up forge and custom games, got my specialization and then quit.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts
but how is the 360 version? Is it the exact same?ShadowMoses900
I haven't played the PC version. When the 360 version just released it was pretty barebones, but they updated the sh!t out of it. You can hardly recognise it anymore. Perhaps this can help. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Xbox_360_Edition#Differences_from_PC_edition
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 super600  Moderator

Halo is getting irrelevant after so much milking. Tell me something I didnt knew

Vatusus

The last main halo game released before halo 4 was in 2010.:|

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

I played the Demo for Minecraft 360 version.

iPod version is 10x better.

LegatoSkyheart

No.

I too have played the mobile version but this is just false.

FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

super600

The last main halo game released before halo 4 was in 2010.:|

Also, the game is still at #3. I'd hardly call that irrelevant.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Minecraft is amazing that's why. The Rooster Teeth Let's Plays also brought more people into the game.tagyhag
Yeah I was surprised to see how popular it's been and how long it has ran.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've watched and enjoyed every single one of their episodes.

:D

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#82 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
So?
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#83 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

Why is the Halo 4 multiplayer not so hot? I'm not really into Halo or multiplayer for that matter but I played Halo 3 online a few times and thought it was pretty cool. Would think it's a sure thing among that massive fanbase.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ly_the_Fairy

Why is the Halo 4 multiplayer not so hot? I'm not really into Halo or multiplayer for that matter but I played Halo 3 online a few times and thought it was pretty cool. Would think it's a sure thing among that massive fanbase.

tryagainlater

Halo 4 is roughly as popular as Halo 3 and Reach were.

Minecraft sold nearly half a million units on Christmas day, though, which has lead to its jump in online users.

True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

MineCraft Xbla sold more than the PC version in 2012 shows how popular it is

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-10-minecraft-xbla-outsold-minecraft-pc-in-2012

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 vashkey

Vatusus
It's not like it's been milked any more than any other popular game franchise.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 vashkey
But IMO Minecraft is a far better game than Halo 4.ShadowMoses900
You probably haven't even played Halo 4
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 vashkey

[QUOTE="tryagainlater"]

Ly_the_Fairy

Minecraft sold nearly half a million units on Christmas day, though, which has lead to its jump in online users.

Eh, Halo 3 was more popular than Reach. I haven't kept up with Halo 4 enough to really know for sure where it stands. The fan reaction and general consensus among the average game at least seems a lot more positive than Reach though.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

Maybe this will teach 343 to stop appealing to the COD crowd.

super600

I wish they would remove the ordinance drops in some of the most played modes or make it so people don't get ridiculously powerful weapons that are not present on the maps.

Give us back nades, remove perks and gives us more ammo! Taking half our nades and giving them back as a perk is dumb, taking half our ammo away and giving it back as a perk is dumb.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="tryagainlater"]

vashkey

Eh, Halo 3 was more popular than Reach. I haven't kept up with Halo 4 enough to really know for sure where it stands. The fan reaction and general consensus among the average game at least seems a lot more positive than Reach though.

Halo 3 had a staying power that Reach did not (but Reach was lame, and 3 was not, so no surprise there), and it was also THE big shooter to have when it released, but it wasn't wildly popular in comparison.

It's kinda hard to track Halo 4's popularity though. The numbers you see in matchmaking only tally players currently in the lobby (or maybe only those currently in-game. I can't remember). Not to mention it tracks each playlist individually, so you have to add them up in your head :P I'd estimate there are a couple hundred thousand people playing Halo 4 at peak hours.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

CwlHeddwyn

I wish they would remove the ordinance drops in some of the most played modes or make it so people don't get ridiculously powerful weapons that are not present on the maps.

Give us back nades, remove perks and gives us more ammo! Taking half our nades and giving them back as a perk is dumb, taking half our ammo away and giving it back as a perk is dumb.

I'm "ok" with not having spammable grenades anymore, but what I wish is that if you choose the grenade ordinance drop that it'd give you bonus grenades. Otherwise it tends to be the weakest choice by far. I never pick it.

Also, in the case of ammo, I just wish that they'd put generic weapon spawns around the map again... It doesn't seem like there was any reason to remove them as far as balance goes :(

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 vashkey

[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Ly_the_Fairy

Halo 3 had a staying power that Reach did not (but Reach was lame, and 3 was not, so no surprise there), and it was also THE big shooter to have when it released, but it wasn't wildly popular in comparison.

It's kinda hard to track Halo 4's popularity though. The numbers you see in matchmaking only tally players currently in the lobby (or maybe only those currently in-game. I can't remember). Not to mention it tracks each playlist individually, so you have to add them up in your head :P I'd estimate there are a couple hundred thousand people playing Halo 4 at peak hours.

On bungie.net there use to be a tally of how many players that logged onto Halo 3 and Reach withing the span of 24 hours. I remember not even a whole year after Reach came out it was down to an average of 400 to 500 k per day. I remember for Halo 3 it maintained over 700 k or higher consistantly until Reach came out. Well about that from 2007-2008. I don't know if there's anything like that on the 343 site. I don't really care any more. If Halo's still losing popularity, then it still is. It's not going die over night. I'm sure this new trilogy will at least finish up before then. If it is, hopefully this is a sign that gamers are starting to want something more than just shooter.... Which I think Minecraft's popularity is also a sign of.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 vashkey
[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

CwlHeddwyn

I'm happy about the nades. No more stupid nade spamming like in Reach.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#94 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49564 Posts

MineCraft Xbla sold more than the PC version in 2012 shows how popular it is

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-10-minecraft-xbla-outsold-minecraft-pc-in-2012

True_Chaos_UK
Fantastic how well it's being consistently updated too. Got to give the developers some major props. They deserve this success.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#95 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] But I just said you have great taste :( (also where the f*ck is far Cry 3 on that list)

Heil and I started the coop last week for far cry 3, I believe we were both quite impressed. Good fun.

Such a great game. The storytelling is out of this world.

Agreed, and the graphics on Pc are already comparable to crysis on high settings, haven't even tried it on ultra because my PC would run it at 5 fps.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"][QUOTE="super600"]

vashkey

Nade 'spamming' has always been a part of halo.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Not surprising, Halo 4 has seen a large negative reaction from the fanbase, as well as Minecraft being massively popular.

[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"] Give us back nades, remove perks and gives us more ammo! Taking half our nades and giving them back as a perk is dumb, taking half our ammo away and giving it back as a perk is dumb.CwlHeddwyn

The only Halo games with op grenades were CE and Reach, and in CE they had a long wait before detonation. I wouldn't mind if they struck a happy medium between Reach and 4 grenades though.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#98 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Minecraft is pretty much a popculture phenomenom really both in the video game sense and the Youtube community sense. It's no surprise really.

I'm also surprised at how well the Xbox 360 version is coming along, it's so far on update 1.9 and is getting bigger and better everyday. Not to the level of the PC version by any means but it's verily high up in terms of updates.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 vashkey
[QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"][QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"] Give us back nades, remove perks and gives us more ammo! Taking half our nades and giving them back as a perk is dumb, taking half our ammo away and giving it back as a perk is dumb.

No. It was worse in Reach, especially since the running speed was slower, the jump height was lower and the explosion radius was bigger. Grenades were harder to avoid.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#100 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Minecraft deserves it's siccess. Amazing game!