Microsoft's strategy for Xbox consoles is brilliant! ***Sony PS5, you are OBSOLETE!***

• 55 results
Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2492 Posts

Just click on the link and get educated. Sony is lagging behind, imagine being an Xbox One original owner and being able to play next gen games. I use the cloud function on my Xbox Series X when I am trying out a game to see if I like it and then I will install it if I do.

I also use the cloud on my PC to continue my save on the gamepass games I am playing at the moment for example Forza Horizon 5 and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas DE. It's a wonderful feature and I feel sorry for owners of the basic PS4.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 56468 Posts

So, it took MS 8 years to unlock the power of the "teh cloud". 😂

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 6513 Posts

Oh, it's him again.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xplode_games

@Pedro said:

So, it took MS 8 years to unlock the power of the "teh cloud". 😂

That's not what I'm celebrating. When they finally did it they did it the best and most seamless way and charged nothing for it. I use it every day and love it and it's free.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pedro

@Xplode_games said:

That's not what I'm celebrating. When they finally did it they did it the best and most seamless way and charged nothing for it. I use it every day and love it and it's free.

You use MS cloud services at no cost?🤔

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xplode_games

@Pedro said:
@Xplode_games said:

At no extra cost for being a GamePass Ultimate subscriber.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 210 Posts

Only things PS5 are beating Xbox in right now are sales and the monthly offerings "free" games with their paid online service.

Will consider a PS5 purchase in 2 or 3 years

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14370 Posts

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@Xplode_games said:
@Pedro said:
@Xplode_games said:

At no extra cost for being a GamePass Ultimate subscriber.

So there is a cost. You can't say they charge nothing for it when they actually do. 🙄

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 16627 Posts

Streaming games = no

It's been a thing for over a decade and hasn't stopped people from buying hardware

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 49592 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Oh, it's him again.

What else is new🤷‍♂️

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 36893 Posts

It’s definitely a pretty cool thing to use to try out games before I purchase/download them. I also very much enjoy being able to play some current gen games and features like reduced load times on my Xbox One S until I’m able to get my hands on an Xbox Series X. Streamed a few games now including The Medium and it works very well. Have noticed some input lag that kind of varies depending on the game but none of it so far has been terribly detrimental to my enjoyment of playing the game. As soon as I get the XSX I’ll just use it here and there just to see if I want to download a game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 40852 Posts

There are certainly features of the Xbox ecosystem that would be great for Sony to adopt, like cross-platform entitlement and save progression, or PS Now being used to put out first party exclusives day one. Though MS has a digital storefront on PC to facilitate this, Sony is still without one or partnering with someone, I figured EGS would be the logical choice since they like making exclusivity deals over similar games and they could combine their bargaining power.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator

@girlusocrazy said:

Streaming games = no

It's been a thing for over a decade and hasn't stopped people from buying hardware

But but Stadia exist! Well it did exist lol.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14229 Posts

Hey, so what you’re telling me is that you actually do like PSNow! I knew it!

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 3206 Posts

Game over Sony!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 2032 Posts

I get gamers like to scoff at streaming but this is a game changer, I knew it was big when you consider how many Potato PCs are out there. MS has a great strategy. Of course people will always buy hardware. Doesn't change the fact there are alot of people that exist who don't care about playing native. The trick is refining and tuning it untill the difference between native and streaming is not enough to notice.

Also take into account how hard it is to just find next gen hardware, then take into account your dropping at least $600 bucks for it IF you find it. Why wouldn't there be a market for next gen streaming? It's a good strategy.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blaznwiipspman1  Online
Member since 2007 • 9889 Posts

sony won't go down the same route as MS for a simple reason. Milking the cows is the sole reason for their existence...imagine what would happen if sony couldn't charge the cows $70 for their over rated remasters, and don't forget the $50 updates on those same remasters. Its a huge cash cow for sony and they will milk like they never milked before.

For MS, this kind of money is ... well pocket change. They are fine with pushing the industry forward and taking risks. Neither Sony or Nintendo will go that route though. Some dumb cows even think psnow is a legit contender against gamepass....all I can say is these cows have been brainwashed really good.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 48328 Posts

@pc_rocks: Knew it from the title

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 6872 Posts

@davillain- said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Streaming games = no

The alarming part is Stadia offers better performance and fidelity… And its flopping. How can Xbox expect a better result with an inferior service?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 8377 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@davillain- said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Streaming games = no

The alarming part is Stadia offers better performance and fidelity… And its flopping. How can Xbox expect a better result with an inferior service?

Stadia flopping is a direct result of releasing a beta product with the most unappealing monetization and no other game store/platform integration.

The tech, although solid, never stood a chance.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GirlUSoCrazy

All the streaming failures have one thing in common: streaming. Streaming sucks.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SargentD

@pyro1245: yup, stadia had a subscription on top of still having to pay full price for the games.

Atleast xcloud isnt selling hardware or a sub (gamepass is not the same thing)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator

@pyro1245 said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@davillain- said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Streaming games = no

Stadia flopping is a direct result of releasing a beta product with the most unappealing monetization and no other game store/platform integration.

The tech, although solid, never stood a chance.

In all honesty, we’re not a point where gamers are ready to move to a streaming-only solution. Gamers are interested in streaming but only as an "option", not as the primary mode of gaming. This is especially true for competitive gamers.

Overall, other services offer a better version of the same thing, for the same price or less. On Stadia, you can only play games you've bought on Stadia. This includes having to re-buy games you already own on other platforms. Nvidia GeForce allows you to stream your existing Steam library through their servers. No re-buying. Microsoft and Sony's services allow you to either play your existing libraries, play a bunch of content that you get access to for no extra charge or both.

Stadia is just not offering enough for the price. Even if they're (debatably) the best, most lag-free streaming experience, that won't make up for the "I have to buy everything just for Stadia" problem is why it didn't take off as we had thought.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GirlUSoCrazy

@davillain-: With people aware of and considering latency when purchasing gaming displays, adding even more latency due to streaming isn't welcome.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4775 Posts

I've used the cloud play to experience about 10 games I would have never taken time to download. This feature is awesome.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 10419 Posts

Streaming 🤣 🤢 🤮

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@lhughey said:

I've used the cloud play to experience about 10 games I would have never taken time to download. This feature is awesome.

Streaming excels are pure convenience.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 8227 Posts

It’s a brilliant addition to gamepass ultimate at no extra cost. Streaming isn’t ready for mainstream gaming as is….but the ability to nearly instantly try a game to see if it’s worth downloading or buying is great.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@sealionact said:

It’s a brilliant addition to gamepass…at no extra cost. Streaming isn’t ready for mainstream gaming as is….but the ability to nearly instantly try a game to see if it’s worth downloading or buying is great.

It comes at an extra cost because it is not a default Gamepass feature, it is a Gamepass Ultimate feature.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 1439 Posts

The problem with gamepass is that there's nothing really interesting. it's basically a service filled with Indie garbage. I'm sure it will get better when the big bethesda stuff hits, but now it's not worth its price.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sealionact

@Ibacai said:

Hey, so what you’re telling me is that you actually do like PSNow! I knew it!

If you could stream a ps5 game to see if you like it, and then download it like you can with xcloud, then yes. Afaik, you can’t.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sealionact

@Pedro: It is a no extra cost service though. You can’t buy it on top of Gamepass, nor separately. Yes, I meant ultimate but regardless this along with other perks like pc Gamepass, eaplay and stuff like Disney channel trials only add to the value.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@sealionact said:

@Pedro: It is a no extra cost service though. You can’t buy it on top of Gamepass, nor separately. Yes, I meant ultimate but regardless this along with other perks like pc Gamepass, eaplay and stuff like Disney channel trials only add to the value.

Let me break it down for you because you are participating in unnecessary mental gymnastics. You stated "It’s a brilliant addition to gamepass…at no extra cost.", this is false. It comes at an additional cost because you DO NOT have access to the cloud services on basic Gamepass, you have to pay EXTRA to have the access via Gamepass Ultimate. This is not complicated and no-one stated anything about it being purchasable separately, so I am not sure why that is even part of this discussion.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sealionact

@Pedro: Again, I meant ultimate. You can’t get xcloud with Gamepass. Edited for clarity.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@sealionact said:

@Pedro: Again, I meant ultimate. You can’t get xcloud with Gamepass. Edited for clarity.

👍🏽

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 2637 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: "well pocket change". Have a seat, gloating about a companies money🤣. Doesn't mean Xbox has unlimited funds. Doesn't make Xbox more relevant.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Xplode_games

@lhughey said:

Game Pass has had the effect of allowing me to try games I otherwise never would have. With the cloud on top of it, that is multiplied quite a bit. It's unreal the value on offer.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xplode_games

@sealionact said:

It’s a brilliant addition to gamepass ultimate at no extra cost. Streaming isn’t ready for mainstream gaming as is….but the ability to nearly instantly try a game to see if it’s worth downloading or buying is great.

Yes and I started this thread as someone who was against cloud gaming because I agree we're not ready to move in there fully at this point. I wasn't even ready to pay extra for it if it was offered as a paid feature but with it included I tried it and I love it being there and it is super useful.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 5729 Posts

I personally really enjoy the option to stream my gaming library..

It saves on drive space for games I don't play regularly, it saves on install times for games I want to try out, and with a good connection the mobile experience is very nice if you want to game away from home (many titles have touch controls too if you don't have your controller)..

^ This is what separates Xbox Cloud Gaming from services like Stadia.. It's an optional benefit for your current gaming library.. I'm already a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber so xCloud is just an added option for me since I would likely be subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate regardless just for the available titles across console and PC..

Stadia on the other hand had a terrible monetization strategy, a non-existent 1st party library, no meaningful 3rd party support, and more.. anyone trying to compare Stadia to xCloud as a reason why xCloud isn't going to catch on is just making a bad faith argument..

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 11068 Posts

I honestly don't think anyone is saying no to a Series S/X console because of streaming. Especially when basically every game Microsoft is putting out right now works on the Xbox One.

That being said, the ability to try out games on the Cloud before downloading or purchasing is really really cool. It's a fantastic use of the technology for mainstream purposes.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@Nonstop-Madness: They still don't have 4k support so it isn't that representative, but better than nothing

@Antwan3K: I personally really enjoy the option to stream my gaming library..

Oh I thought it was only a subset of games available on xcloud that you could stream, but you can stream your entire library of purchased digital games?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Antwan3K

@girlusocrazy said:

@Nonstop-Madness: They still don't have 4k support so it isn't that representative, but better than nothing

@Antwan3K: I personally really enjoy the option to stream my gaming library..

Oh I thought it was only a subset of games available on xcloud that you could stream, but you can stream your entire library of purchased digital games?

yep (well, kinda)..

you can stream all Game Pass cloud-enabled games via your subscription and you can also stream your entire gaming library via remote play.. I've streamed non-Game Pass games to both my PC and my smartphone via the remote play access and works just fine.. but not as elegant since it requires a controller and it takes control of your console..

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@Antwan3K: Oh ok, that doesn't have the convenience you mentioned about not having to download or purchase, but you can do this without a subscription which is a good benefit. I wouldn't want to play without a controller anyway!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SargentD

Many who scoff at this feature as just trash streaming also scoff at gamers who still prefer buying game physical vs digital, eventually at some point.. gamers who prefer streaming (once it's perfected) will be scoffing at gamers who still want to play natively

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Antwan3K

@girlusocrazy said:

@Antwan3K: Oh ok, that doesn't have the convenience you mentioned about not having to download or purchase, but you can do this without a subscription which is a good benefit. I wouldn't want to play without a controller anyway!

oh okay, to clarify, you can only stream the Game Pass cloud-enabled games without downloading prior (which is still a great benefit)..

you have to remote play everything else, which i've also used when away from home..

sorry for the confusion there

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 659 Posts

God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Spider-Man 2 > anything Microsoft has announced or released since 2020

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro

@mysticaldonut said:

God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Spider-Man 2 > anything Microsoft has announced or released since 2020

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 13789 Posts

That is indeed brilliant. Gamepass is a cool paid service and a cheap one too if you can exploit the new user entry price. Unfortunate the things they add mostly either I have played on other consoles or some mediocre xbox 1st party/3rd party stuff, definitely subbing on pc when list gets lot better.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 39782 Posts

lol :P