Microsoft's + Obsidian's New game "Grounded" Scores a "6/10" on GS - More GamePass filler?

• 123 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/grounded-early-access-review-little-acorns/1900-6417521/

Haven't heard much about this game. Is obsidian still AAA?

Is anyone getting this or just playing it on gamepass or just skipping it?

Doesn't look like a big hitter.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44157 Posts

This looks like a fun game but never really seemed like it was some big triple A title as in something that was a big budget title which is what AAA means.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I wonder how many bugs there are in this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

But teh value!1!!

#GamePass

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#5 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

It's early access. So, a review is pointless.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Didn't you recently say you'd given up on GS scores bruh?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@briguyb13 said:

Didn't you recently say you'd given up on GS scores bruh?

uhhh oof

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

@BassMan said:

It's early access. So, a review is pointless.

This.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

There is a real danger with review scores and sub services.

A low score has traditionally hurt sales hard, meaning no one buys the game and so nobody finds out if it was actually any good. That protects reviewers from backlash/accountability in cases where they've just bombed a decent release.

GP flips that on its head. Under-marketed games become easier to acquire for a sub service, which opens up the possibility that a lot of people will now play the game. If it turns out actually to be really enjoyable, it's the review sites whose reputation this time takes the hit.

Not that I'm saying that's the case here. First I saw of Grounded was on that Xbox event. I'll give it a shot on Game Pass at some point though, since what does it cost me?

arredondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 arredondo
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts

@BassMan:

If they are they charging the public Early Access money, then they deserve an Early Access review so that the buyer can beware.

Once the real game releases, they get a real, final score. That's not too complicated.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Well it is on early access for some reason. But one thing I have to say is why there is not a story for this game?

XMasturcheefxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 XMasturcheefxx
Member since 2020 • 15 Posts

@speedytimsi said:

Well it is on early access for some reason. But one thing I have to say is why there is not a story for this game?

There is but as of right now you can finish the current story in about 30 minutes.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

It's early access...

God damn Gamespot, you doing hit pieces now? Taking out games before they're finished?

@arredondo said:

@BassMan:

If they are they charging the public Early Access money, then they deserve an Early Access review so that the buyer can beware.

Once the real game releases, they get a real, final score. That's not too complicated.

"Early Access" is the buyer beware warning. If that sends up red flags....don't buy it.

Plenty of user reviews and such out there, we don't need clickbait-makers idiots are foolish enough to listen to turning people off of a game that isn't finished.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

A lot of the more trusted sources I follow say the game is really fun. Steam reviews mostly positive as well. Still, I don’t play early access games, so I’ll be looking forward to jumping on this when it fully releases.

Slapping a review score on this seems a bit disingenuous, but I get Xbox stuff gets a hard time.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BassMan

@arredondo said:

@BassMan:

Reviewing something that is not complete is silly. They can give early access impressions, but there should be no review until the game has officially released.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@BassMan said:
@arredondo said:

@BassMan:

Reviewing something that is not complete is silly. They can give early access impressions, but there should be no review until the game has officially released.

I dunno dude, its 30 dollars to buy and its 120 dollars a year for gamepass so. This thing is in number 1 on steam it needs to be reviewed for those people buying it.

It doesn't even have early access tag on its description, its just number 1 on the top sellers. People need to know what it is before they splurge 30 bux for product.

EARLY access either is free or should be free charging for = your a game and your being bought at that point.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BassMan

@ProtossRushX: The developer is giving people early access to the game. It is not officially released. So, why review something that is not finished? It is a lame thing to do. Impressions are okay, but it should not be reviewed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#18 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Isn't the game an open beta right now? But it's still incredible how an Obsidian unfinished game is almost as good as GoT.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Gamepass sounds all good, sure.

Until crap like this happens.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

I have tons of early access games on PC that’s Gamespot haven’t reviewed yet so why this one!

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

If it's not done. I don't buy it. Period.

I'm still interested if everything gets fixed in the full version.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

I’m not surprised by this site anymore this is the place that delayed there GT Sport review as multiplayer and content was missing and coming out in a update the following week!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Grounded is pretty meh even for a survival game in EA. This is coming from someone who actually loves the genre but even Ark, AoC and Dayz (when it was a mod) had a better EA than this trash.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

So an unfinished game gets 6 and ghosts of tsunami only just beats it with a 7,tlou2 gets an 8 and none of them can beat the much criticised sea of theives

HaH

You live by the scores....You die by the scores

arredondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 arredondo
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts
@BassMan said:
@arredondo said:

@BassMan:

They clearly say the review is for the Early Access version. If a company feel it has enough meat on the bones to charge people $30, then absolutely their "Early Access" release should be reviewed as long as it is correctly identified as an Early Access review. Everyone is informed, and understands what to expect (and what not to expect) from the write up..

I mean, saying otherwise is almost like inviting a scam. Either the game is worthwhile so far in Early Access (i.e., a good score) or the early build is not (i.e., a bad score). I would only agree with your take if the public wasn't charged to test it out for them. A review in that case would be terrible because no one's $$$ is at stake.

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

Early Access. Pffff.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

6/10 on GS? It might actually be good then.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BassMan

@arredondo: The game isn't coming out until some time in 2021. Some people will look at the score and remember that it scored a 6 and disregard the game for good even though it is not finished or released. Remember, the developers are only providing early access. It is not officially released. Some people treat early access as the release. There are many that are impatient or always want the latest thing to stream or whatever and then people jump on the bandwagon and play it, get bored and then move on to the next thing. They make an early judgment and they don't even give the game a chance when it actually releases and is better. This can be a big problem for multiplayer games in early access. The community will die quick and not recover. People are fucked. The constant desire for the newest and trending thing is sickening. By the time the game releases it will be old news and potentially viewed in a negative light because it got a 6 in an early access review. Just look at this forum. People are already making negative threads just because of the score. Once again... people are fucked.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Gamepass 🤣

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

Don't worry, Xbox will give away more game codes to artificially boost the Steam numbers. Then waste two years worth of time and money on this thing just to bring it to "merely decent" status like Sea of Thieves. That Game Passâ„¢ value!

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

It’s pretty darn polished for a survival game and quite a bit of fun. I haven’t gotten into too much but I’m pleasantly surprised.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sancho_Panzer

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Don't worry, Xbox will give away more game codes to artificially boost the Steam numbers. Then waste two years worth of time and money on this thing just to bring it to "merely decent" status like Sea of Thieves. That Game Passâ„¢ value!

Already damage controlling H:ZD sales on PC? Worried there'll be no *real* interest for Sony's first party masterpiece?

Don't worry, I'm sure it will shift just fine. Why, I'll probably even play it myself when it hits GP.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BenjaminBanklin

@sancho_panzer said:

Already damage controlling H:ZD sales on PC? Worried there'll be no *real* interest for Sony's first party masterpiece?

Don't worry, I'm sure it will shift just fine. Why, I'll probably even play it myself when it hits GP.

It already sold millions on the original console it was released on... at full price. You know. The reason why PS4 has nearly three times the sales of Xbox One.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@sancho_panzer said:

It already sold millions on the original console it was released on... at full price. You know. The reason why PS4 has nearly three times the sales of Xbox One.

So won't it be curious if it flops like a... whatever, when it hits PC.

I'm sure it won't, of course. Could be down to free code handouts, though, right?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BenjaminBanklin

@sancho_panzer said:

I'm sure it won't, of course. Could be down to free code handouts, though, right?

Horizon isn't a flop either way. It's also not cheap GaaS trash.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sancho_Panzer

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@sancho_panzer said:

Horizon isn't a flop either way. It's also not cheap GaaS trash.

Quite right! Cheap certainly isn't a word we could use to describe it. I do apologise - I keep forgetting that the more you pay, the better you're being served. It's the Sony fanboy mantra.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BenjaminBanklin

@sancho_panzer said:

Quite right! Cheap certainly isn't a word we could use to describe it. I do apologise - I keep forgetting that the more you pay, the better you're being served. It's the Sony fanboy mantra.

You're mad because you know I'm right. The only way MS can get these games attention is by stuffing codes up influencers asses. The Steam sales, and the concurrent number of people actually playing them don't even add up. It's ratio'd as hell. Nobody wants to play this bullshit ass Ant Bully looking game organically.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sancho_Panzer

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@sancho_panzer said:

You're mad because you know I'm right. The only way MS can get these games attention is by stuffing codes up influencers asses. The Steam sales, and the concurrent number of people actually playing them don't even add up. It's ratio'd as hell. Nobody wants to play this bullshit ass Ant Bully looking game organically.

Arriving on GP is enough to get it attention. When it comes to influencers, "ratios" and other ways of inflating popularity, it's not something I've ever even considered, so why would it make me mad? You seem to have spent enough time investigating though.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Trying to own

Lem’s with unfinished games.

Sony Fan are the clowns of SW.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@sancho_panzer: Forgive him, he doesn't play games. Most of his time is spent stalking Phil Spencer, tracking Xbox news and bitching about a system he claims he doesn't care about.🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#42 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Another Gamepass filler like Days Gone.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sancho_Panzer

@Pedro: I see ;)

Well, we've all got to have a hobby.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

@sancho_panzer: Forgive him, he doesn't play games. Most of his time is spent stalking Phil Spencer, tracking Xbox news and bitching about a system he claims he doesn't care about.🤣

You stay rekt. As long as you clowns keep caping for cheap and ugly multiplayer games that review like trash just because they're on Game Pass, then you'll get this roast EVERY time. 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

You stay rekt. As long as you clowns keep caping for cheap and ugly multiplayer games that review like trash just because they're on Game Pass, then you'll get this roast EVERY time. 🤣

Its funny that you didn't contest anything in my comment. 😎

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

Yeah GamePass = quantity over quality just like Any subscribers based System with a hit maybe once a year, just look at Netflix and so on, yeah the future of gaming looks bright its just a filler guys

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

I dont understand the double standard in review criteria.

Why review it in early access....but delay GT Sport review until more content is released?

Also, Obsidian has said the story isn't complete and they plan on having a fully fleshed out story. Why complain about something that you knew going in?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

That's a shame. I'll still try it out since I like the setting and the concept.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

No one's gotta contest your stupid slander. Everybody knows you're the king of non-gaming 'round these parts. That's the Xbox way. Fight for games you don't buy... get owned defending Xbox strategies Microsoft immediately turns their back on. 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

No one's gotta contest your stupid slander. Everybody knows you're the king of non-gaming 'round these parts. That's the Xbox way. Fight for games you don't buy... get owned defending Xbox strategies Microsoft immediately turns their back on. 🤣

The more you type the more my comment becomes validated. You are a troubled one.😎