Microsoft's new Kinect patent will spy on you for the MPAA

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

that link sounds like the  homeless guy behind the cineplex that tells you wi-fi makes the alien worms grow in your brain.

#52 Posted by ZetA_LatA (114 posts) -

[QUOTE="SuperNovaftw"]

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Spy on me baby. FastEddie2121

:lol:

no blinking allowed

Yes! XD

#53 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -

and why would someone "opt-in" to this BS? lol

dxmcat
#54 Posted by wazzap76 (293 posts) -

THis is extremely old news. It's also a reason I no longer want camera's in my living room.

#55 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1901 posts) -

eastern gamers would hate this on emostation 4 because sony would catch them masturbating to anime

percuvius2

You really try too hard, don't you?

#56 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

There's an easy fix to this:

predator06.jpg

Mud Camo!

#57 Posted by Karpetburnz (532 posts) -

Sorry Lems, Looks like you can no longer have your daily fapping session in the LIVING room.

#60 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18452 posts) -
It's MS, of course they will use it for various immoral acts.. thats the reason I don't want an integrated kinect camera. It should be optional and you should be able to disconnect it when your not using it.
#62 Posted by tenaka2 (17050 posts) -

It's MS, of course they will use it for various immoral acts.. thats the reason I don't want an integrated kinect camera. It should be optional and you should be able to disconnect it when your not using it.Rattlesnake_8

But think of the possibilities, if you are shagging on the sofa the new kenect will be could enough to see if you are wearing a condom and if not it will send condom and safesex ads directly to yout TV!

#63 Posted by sts106mat (24148 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]It's MS, of course they will use it for various immoral acts.. thats the reason I don't want an integrated kinect camera. It should be optional and you should be able to disconnect it when your not using it.tenaka2

But think of the possibilities, if you are shagging on the sofa the new kenect will be could enough to see if you are wearing a condom and if not it will send condom and safesex ads directly to yout TV!

& directions to canal street in your case.

#64 Posted by tenaka2 (17050 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]It's MS, of course they will use it for various immoral acts.. thats the reason I don't want an integrated kinect camera. It should be optional and you should be able to disconnect it when your not using it.sts106mat

I am a regular, I need no directions,

#65 Posted by sts106mat (24148 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

I am a regular, I need no directions,

lol

#66 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
It's MS, of course they will use it for various immoral acts...Rattlesnake_8
You cant think of of the word shady without thinking of M$
#71 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
I hope I can spy on people in my friends list.freedomfreak
Creepy.
#72 Posted by nextgenjoke (1676 posts) -

unplug the internet problem solved.

#74 Posted by ciorlandenis (322 posts) -

it's inevitable that we will all end up being under surveilance 24/7

#78 Posted by wakefulness (3989 posts) -

Whoa. MS gunna make some buddies over at the cable companies! (This taking off could also mean selling more systems; think about the exclusivity of this tech.)

#79 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
Microsoft has also said that sensors are the feature LOL As usual, Microsoft doesn't have a clue what they are doing. When it comes to consoles, I buy consoles to play games! Thats why I bought a PS3 and will buy a PS4. You see, Sony actually focuses on games, and thats what I care about as a true gamer! Microsoft focuses on every thing else but games..... Considering the direction Microsoft is taking: -Microsoft focusing on kinect instead of core games. All they have is Gears/Halo/Forza. They shove those boring games down consumers throats almost yearly! We are all burnt out on them. Gears/Halo/Forza are already boring and lackluster games as it is, so why would I want to play endless sequels of them? -And then there is especially considering how M$ nickle and dimes you to no end; charging for basic online play + hiding apps behind a paywall, which is all despicable. Im supporting Sony! As long as M$ continues to exist im cheering for Sony to knock M$ out of the console race. M$ is proving how delusional they are as each day passes. M$ will fail miserably trying to chase the Wii's casual pot of gold. The fact is that Microsoft has not ever won a gen, and came in dead last place this gen, so hopefully Sony kills Microsoft off once and for all next gen
#80 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
Also funny how M$ prides itself on being an entertainment console, yet you need to pay a ton of fees just to access services and features which are free every where else! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! The apps are hidden behind the xbox live pay wall fees, and that is every bit as despicable as charging 60$ a year for basic online play. Microsoft is a company of scum and corporate greed at its most ugly! If you havent read an interview from Microsoft's nutty vice president-Phil Spencer! I encourage you to go do so for the face palms and lols Microsoft is literally run by a bunch of delusional corporate fatcats who are oblivious to reality, and whom delusional fanboys seem to gravitate towards! Microsoft has never won a gen and came in dead last place this gen, so hopefully Sony kocks them out of the game next gen, and that when M$ bites the dust, hopefully their couple remaining xbox fans do too
#81 Posted by xhawk27 (9925 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I hope I can spy on people in my friends list.Michael0134567
Creepy.

I think someone is watching me! :o

#82 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

Such old news mods lock this.

#83 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
Also, Funny how M$ prides itself on being an entertainment console, yet you need to pay a ton of fees just to access services and features which are free every where else! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! The apps are hidden behind the xbox live pay wall fees, and that is every bit as despicable as charging 60$ a year for basic online play. Microsoft is a company of scum and corporate greed at its most ugly! If you havent read an interview from Microsoft's nutty vice president-Phil Spencer! I encourage you to go do so for the face palms and lolsMicrosoft is literally run by a bunch of delusional corporate fatcats who are oblivious to reality, and whom delusional fanboys seem to gravitate towards! Microsoft has never won a gen and came in dead last place this gen, so hopefully Sony kocks them out of the game next gen, and that when M$ bites the dust, hopefully their couple remaining xbox fans do too
#84 Posted by lamprey263 (34372 posts) -
old news, companies like MS and Sony stockpile patents for future use, doesn't mean they'll actually use it in the immediate future, I'm very doubtful this will be used for typical digital movie uses these days, like movie rentals or digital movie purchases but I've a feeling a patent like this will most likely come handy as a home alternative to watching films at movie theaters, so imagine if like the next Star Wars movie comes out, you can watch it in the theater with the $17 tickets and $8 popcorn or $7 soda and $5 candy, and show up 5 hours early to sit in line with fat nerds that smell like a wet nutsack baking in the hot sun, just so you don't have to sit on the edge of the 2nd row, or you can watch it in the feng shui of your very own sofa and home theater system for like $10 a person, make your own popcorn, drink your own soda, movie companies though won't want someone to pack a room full of people who together pay $10 for everyone when they can get $10 for each person, if that options available they're gonna want to utilize it, that would be the trade off for the service, otherwise one can go back to the typical theater experience and pray that a mob of inner city kids doesn't show up and yap through the entire movie
#85 Posted by wazzap76 (293 posts) -

Old news but this very thing gives credence too the idea of these cameras eventually being very very intrusive. Things like this most likely wont be implemented this gen but the more these kinds of cameras are present in our everyday environment and lives the more and more they try to get away with shit like this article talks about. It's a big reason I don't really want facial recognition software in camera's in my home(Ps4eye/Kinect). I know it's early for this tech but mock my words this tech will eventually come to bite all of us in the ass one way or another.

#86 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]It's MS, of course they will use it for various immoral acts...epicgameplayer
You cant think of of the word shady without thinking of M$

#87 Posted by tenaka2 (17050 posts) -

Old news but this very thing gives credence too the idea of these cameras eventually being very very intrusive. Things like this most likely wont be implemented this gen but the more these kinds of cameras are present in our everyday environment and lives the more and more they try to get away with shit like this article talks about. It's a big reason I don't really want facial recognition software in camera's in my home(Ps4eye/Kinect). I know it's early for this tech but mock my words this tech will eventually come to bite all of us in the ass one way or another.

wazzap76

But think of the possibilities, the next xbox will be able to tell what kind of softdrinks you like, what clothes you wear, what you like to eat, what time you sleep etc.

They can target advertising directly to individuals.

#88 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

I love how cows pretend all negative rumours about the 720 are true but all the positive ones are false. Cows  are going to be crying in a couple weeks. Besides I don't think Microsoft wants to watch me fap.

#89 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

Cows  are going to be crying in a couple weeks.

Miketheman83
Totally agree, when they reveal that the nextbox is a casual kinect box 720, and focus all on the kinect, it is going to make us bust out into tears of LAUGHTER! At this point, Microsoft and their couple remaining delusional xbots like you have become the running jokes of this industry! I love it. I know you have been crying ever since the PS4 was revealed though, and i cant get enough! Those tears of jelly, they are delicious You have been damage controlling ever since the PS4 was revealed I love how Microsoft has been in a full on panic mode ever since the PS4 was revealed. Sony has M$ panicking! Sony isnt playing around! Go tell your delusional superiors at M$ that Sony is coming for their heads this time!
#90 Posted by sts106mat (24148 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

epicgameplayer

. Go tell your delusional superiors at M$, that Sony is coming for their heads this time!

dont think sony can afford the the plane tickets.  perhaps they'll just send them nasty emails instead.

#91 Posted by tenaka2 (17050 posts) -

I'm a cabbage!

epicgameplayer

We already know, also

could

you 

stop 

posting

this

please?

Ta.

#92 Posted by sts106mat (24148 posts) -

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]

I'm a cabbage!

tenaka2

We already know, also

could

you 

stop 

posting

this

please?

Ta.

no

it means

DAT He takez up

more of the

page

with

uncharted

praise

#93 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

epicgameplayer

Totally agree, when they reveal that the nextbox is a casual kinect box 720, and focus all on the kinect, it is going to make us bust out into tears of LAUGHTER! At this point, Microsoft and their couple remaining delusional xbots like you have become the running jokes of this industry! I love it. I know you have been crying ever since the PS4 was revealed though, and i cant get enough! Those tears of jelly, they are delicious You have been damage controlling ever since the PS4 was revealed I love how Microsoft has been in a full on panic mode ever since the PS4 was revealed. Sony has M$ panicking! Sony isnt playing around, and is coming for blood so ho tell your delusional superiors at M$ that Sony is coming for their heads this time!

Ok brofist go cry to your therapist about how Microsoft is an evil corporation trying to take over the world.

Also, reported for ban dodging. 

#94 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

sts106mat

. Go tell your delusional superiors at M$, that Sony is coming for their heads this time!

dont think sony can afford the the plane tickets.  perhaps they'll just send them nasty emails instead.

When Sony revealed the PS4, that is all they needed to do for now. That was Sony delivering the first knockdown! M$ has been damage controlling ever since. Now Sony is going for the KO I love it. Xbots like you have been damage controlling to no end too. Simply pathetic The fact you even would agree with miketheman83,who is a PROVEN and known nutty troll, tells me everything i need to know about you as a poster. What ever little ounce of credibility you thought you had, you can be sure its gone now lol
#95 Posted by sts106mat (24148 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] . Go tell your delusional superiors at M$, that Sony is coming for their heads this time!epicgameplayer

When Sony revealed the PS4, that is all they needed to do for now That was Sony delivering the first knockdown! M$ has been damage controlling ever since. Now Sony is going for the KO I love it Xbots like you have been damage controlling to no end too. Simply pathetic The fact you even would agree with miketheman83, tells me everything i need to know about you as a poster. What ever little oumce of credibility you thought you had, you can be sure its gone now

dont think i've made up my mind which console i am buying yet...waiting to see what MS shows. if i dont like it, i'll buy a PS4. I am not a slave to a company like you.

PS can you show me where exactly "i agreed" with miketheman?

#96 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

Miketheman83
Totally agree, when they reveal that the nextbox is a casual kinect box 720, and focus all on the kinect, it is going to make us bust out into tears of LAUGHTER! At this point, Microsoft and their couple remaining delusional xbots like you have become the running jokes of this industry! I love it. I know you have been crying ever since the PS4 was revealed though, and i cant get enough! Those tears of jelly, they are delicious You have been damage controlling ever since the PS4 was revealed I love how Microsoft has been in a full on panic mode ever since the PS4 was revealed. Sony has M$ panicking! Sony isnt playing around, and is coming for blood so ho tell your delusional superiors at M$ that Sony is coming for their heads this time!

Ok brofist go cry to your therapist about how Microsoft is an evil corporation trying to take over the world.

You can't bring up the word shady without thinking of M$ first. Of course Sony cares about profit like all big companies do, But they also don't f*ck the comsumer over like M$ does for any marginal profit gain. *cough* xbl *cough, And the fact that M$ likes to stiffle competition, and forces developers to adhere to their whacky demands or else, is further alarming. Id say M$ is by far the worst of the big 3, and is least for the consumer or for competition(out of the big three) The industry would've been far better off without M$, and their blind loyalist drones, LIKE YOU What M$ brought to gaming: The charging of basic online play, introducing the cash money grab DLC craze, the milking of Halo,Gears,Forza repeatedly(really the only exclusives they have, which are still lackluster exclusives) So i.e basically the attitude of quality isnt important and exclusives don't matter. And the fact M$ brought with it or either turned people into some of the most idiotic and blind fanboys ever,which have ruined the fun aspect of gaming with their fanaticism, and negativity. M$ brought more bad then good.They truly are a shady company of corporate d-bags whom are way out of touch with reality , whom delusional fanboys LIKE YOU seem to gravitate towards
#97 Posted by sts106mat (24148 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] Totally agree, when they reveal that the nextbox is a casual kinect box 720, and focus all on the kinect, it is going to make us bust out into tears of LAUGHTER! At this point, Microsoft and their couple remaining delusional xbots like you have become the running jokes of this industry! I love it. I know you have been crying ever since the PS4 was revealed though, and i cant get enough! Those tears of jelly, they are delicious You have been damage controlling ever since the PS4 was revealed I love how Microsoft has been in a full on panic mode ever since the PS4 was revealed. Sony has M$ panicking! Sony isnt playing around, and is coming for blood so ho tell your delusional superiors at M$ that Sony is coming for their heads this time!epicgameplayer

You can't bring up the word shady without thinking of M$ first.

WRONG

th?id=H.4958613696480929&pid=15.1

#98 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Oh, I have nothing to hide :oops:

#99 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] . Go tell your delusional superiors at M$, that Sony is coming for their heads this time!sts106mat

When Sony revealed the PS4, that is all they needed to do for now That was Sony delivering the first knockdown! M$ has been damage controlling ever since. Now Sony is going for the KO I love it Xbots like you have been damage controlling to no end too. Simply pathetic The fact you even would agree with miketheman83, tells me everything i need to know about you as a poster. What ever little oumce of credibility you thought you had, you can be sure its gone now

dont think i've made up my mind which console i am buying yet...waiting to see what MS shows. if i dont like it, i'll buy a PS4. I am not a slave to a company

I was begining to think you were! Thank goodness! Thats cool of you! Im a real gamer. Sony has been delivering the goods, looks to be delivering the goods with the PS4 in surpluss, and supports core gamers, so I fully support Sony. Nothing more to it. If you are a core gamer, how can you not love or support Sony!? It makes no sense. Sony is the only one for the core gamer, delivers the games, and is delivering THE core console for core gamers! Im already sold on the PS4, and nothing can change that! PS4 is looking too amazing. I cant wait for it! Sony is doing everything right and has been for a while

#100 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Seems fitting for MS's other shady business practices. epicgameplayer
This really is disturbing and should not ever be tolerated If this doesn't open up eyes to how shady M$ is, along with the numerous of other shady things M$ has done and continues to do - I.e charge for basic online play, hide apps behind a pay wall, rehash the same old boring Gears/Halo/Forza games year in and year out etc and there are many more examples of Microsoft's shady-ness. ....then I fear for humanity Thankfully there are people aware to all of Microsoft's b.s , and who are ready to call Microsoft out on all of their b.s, and stand up against Microsoft! But the 360 fanboys on here with stockholm syndrome who are even attempting to defend Microsoft deserve to get spyed on and f!cked over by Microsoft lol

^^ pretty much sums it up