Microsoft Xbox report card up to this point(poll, voted by you SW!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Microsoft Xbox report card up to this point(poll, voted by you SW!) (96 votes)

A 15%
B 25%
C 23%
D 13%
E 4%
F 21%

Just want to see where this sits within SW.

I'm voting C because I think the hardware is great but they've dropped the ball on software to me personally.

• 
N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Put your reasons people!

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

"your reasons"

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

A, for the effort they've put into trying to resuscitate the brand by trying every single trick in the book their money will allow.

F, for how ineffective they've been in doing so.

So I'll give them a C as an average.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N64DD

@metalboi said:
@dr_vancouver said:

"your reasons"

*your raisins

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@n64dd: Dude did you expect anything near real discussion from this?

Anyway I voted B because while they have brought new ips, they haven't really been better than 'good' at most Imo. Cancelling Scalebound really bothered me and MS share the blame on that.

Sea of Thieves has me excited because I have enjoyed since February '17. Crackdown 3 is iffy Imo. If MP is as it was said to be in 2015 then it's another in the list of things PS4 and Sony do not provide me as a gamer: Fun mp gaming. State of Decay 2 I am psyched for because Dead Rising is for the loony zombie slaughter. SoD is about building, strategizing survival and I loved the first. Days gone can fill in the weepy, drama story zombie game for me.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UItravioIence  Online
Member since 2016 • 3022 Posts

I voted F for Fantastic!

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

A. Focus on bolstering xbox live, 1p focus on multiplayer/co-op gaming. Continuously looking at ways to enhance its gaming platform n giving more options to gamers.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

C for the same reason as OP. Hardware is awesome, but software not so much.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

C would of been a D-, but they finally shit canned kinect(lol)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Looking back to where they were at the start of the gen, to where they are now, the difference is pretty astounding. They introduced some pretty cool things, such as backwards compatibility (360 & OG Xbox), Play Anywhere, Game Pass, XBL Rewards, launched a more powerful console, launched the Elite controller, more XBL enhancements etc etc. Pretty cool stuff.

All they need to do is shape up their 1st party output (which they apparently are), and they're looking pretty damn good. I'd give them a solid B so far, but if & when they improve their 1st party/exclusives, it'll be an easy A.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I will get it a J for JAGO! Jago on Killer instinct is my man!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I give them a B.

I can't give them an A because in almost every area, I think that the Xbox One is not as great as their previous console, the Xbox 360, so I know that they are capable of better.

Regardless of that, there are still many things that I love about the Xbox One and it is still my favorite platform to play multiplats on because their controller, online service, and overall ecosystem is just better than the competition. I also admire how hard they have clearly worked over the past few years to fix all of the mistakes that they made when the console first launched and how they are continually listening to what gamers want and improving. They are definitely the most pro-consumer console maker right now. For all of that, they deserve a solid B and I hope that they someday can get back to the A+ quality of the Xbox 360.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

C.

It has Halo, Gears and Forza.

Uhhh...thats about it really. That is enough to earn it a C. If it had more games, it would be higher, but it is severely lacking games. Not as horrible as the switch, but still.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The only thing they've done right this gen is the Xbox One X. So I give them a D.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

B. They have great hardware and pretty good services. They keep improving those services all through out the generation which is making it a very consumer friendly product. They just need to create some original content and work on some must have exclusives that appeal to everyone.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

C

No games that stand out. The X1X is a solid piece of console hardware though. Game Pass is also a sweet service.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I gave it a C, because it needs exclusives.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

C.

No first party stand out titles.

XoneX is a monster if a machine

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Gave them a "B". Love my X1X and they seem to be making constant improvements so I can't fault them on effort.

The only thing they lack is some hard hitting exclusives, but hopefully they are in the works.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

E They went from poor hardware for a high price and very few exclusives to great hardware for a high price and no exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

B - It has all my racing needs covered, all the big games from the big boys, but can improve the first party lineup.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

B. They’ve turned their ship around since E3 2013 and offer solid incentives to their subscription customers. Can’t argue with the free games and I just scored a month of XB Live free just for playing some games.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

B - they have righted most of their wrongs from 2013. Signs software is on its way either buy purchases or more first party. Best console in the marketplace..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

I voted "A" 3 times for a total score of AAA. Seem like the only fair thing to do. lol

I'll go with "B" for Broadening our ummmm, Horizon hehe with Mighty X1X, BC back to OG Xbox, X1X Enhanced games, EA Pass, Gamepass and allowing killer games like PUBG in as early access. And who in their right mind wouldn't agree the Mighty Sea of Thieves launching in weeks is just icing on an already tasty cake. :P

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#26 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

A.

Personally I think it's a huge improvement over 360 with features such as running streaming apps i.e. Twitch & Mixer, Backwards compatibility, Family Shareplay, cloud saves, Play Anywhere, Game Pass, various free play days, promotions on EA Access/Game pass, Games With Gold, additional bonus free games (i.e. Rare Replay, Lost Odyssey, Sonic Adventure 2, Phantom Dust) Blu-ray player, large support for various indie and multiplat games and excellent first party software.

Thank you Xbox

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

A currently, C+/B-- since day one. A mostly for Gamepass, Xbox One X, and backwards compatibility. C+/B- since day one for me for a host of reasons as that score has alternated depending upon the year.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

A for me:

-Feature-rich 1st party games with single player campaign, cooperative and competitive online, gameplay-driven games with high replay value that I enjoy.

-Platform features focus on quality: Rock solid online with dedicated server support on all 1st party games, crystal clear voice chat for parties, great controller with expensive better quality Elite, limited downtime for XBL overall (never went down for me once in 2017), seamless cloud save management, backward compatibility improvements

-Excellent launch support for the X with the "X-enhanced" program

-Game pass will help maintain a high online population for those games and make them more accessible to all

-Close relationship with PC ecosystem, this helps bring in more ports especially with Early preview, and I enjoy cross play with PC for various reasons

-Game preview: Lets us enjoy PC games such as Subnautica and PUBG as they are being developed, usually you get a discounted price if you buy early...most games I bought went into full release

-They usually make changes based on customer feedback, they try to listen to customers and make decisions often based on that

I was thinking B at first because they could do a better job competing with Sony and Nintendo for single player exclusives, but me personally I have more than enough with 3rd party filling the gaps, I mean I have games like Wolfenstein 2 in my backlog so I'm good there. But for others who don't play online a lot, they could do a better job overall with 1 or 2 high profile single player-focused games every year at least. It depends on your preferences also and how much time you have, they have gems like Ori which is single player too.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

F

- putting every single exclusive on PC, thus having no exclusives on the console forever

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N64DD

@Alucard_Prime said:

A for me:

-Feature-rich 1st party games with single player campaign, cooperative and competitive online, gameplay-driven games with high replay value that I enjoy.

-Platform features focus on quality: Rock solid online with dedicated server support on all 1st party games, crystal clear voice chat for parties, great controller with expensive better quality Elite, limited downtime for XBL overall (never went down for me once in 2017), seamless cloud save management, backward compatibility improvements

-Excellent launch support for the X with the "X-enhanced" program

-Game pass will help maintain a high online population for those games and make them more accessible to all

-Close relationship with PC ecosystem, this helps bring in more ports especially with Early preview, and I enjoy cross play with PC for various reasons

-Game preview: Lets us enjoy PC games such as Subnautica and PUBG as they are being developed, usually you get a discounted price if you buy early...most games I bought went into full release

-They usually make changes based on customer feedback, they try to listen to customers and make decisions often based on that

I was thinking B at first because they could do a better job competing with Sony and Nintendo for single player exclusives, but me personally I have more than enough with 3rd party filling the gaps, I mean I have games like Wolfenstein 2 in my backlog so I'm good there. But for others who don't play online a lot, they could do a better job overall with 1 or 2 high profile single player-focused games every year at least. It depends on your preferences also and how much time you have, they have gems like Ori which is single player too.

You have a gaming PC?

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I pretty much agree with everyone that gave them C's but imo they get a D for having the best hardware besides PC but not having the foresight to have a AAA exclusive come out around the same time. I figured they had something up their sleeves and would surprise the fans with a new IP or at least a new game that could show off the X1X's capabilities but instead they chose to lean heavily on Assassin's Creed Origins and PUBG.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

C. I like the direction they are heading but they are not there yet.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

D, because they just don't seem to know what they're doing. The backtracking at the start, the doubling down on Kinect only to drop it, putting all of their games on PC and then announcing a "4k" console a year later? Well, One X is decent hardware at least. While I like that I can get their games on PC, it makes me wonder why anyone would buy an Xbox. And now they're doing this game pass thing which could backfire hard with retailers.I'm not even sure what their place in the industry is anymore. Also, they cancelled Scalebound. **** them.

They are going to need to put some serious work in next-gen. I'm not even sure if Xbox One will cross 55 million this gen.

So, overall it's like this to me:

PC: S+++++++++++

PS4: A++

Switch: A

3DS: A

Xbox One: D

Vita: E-

Wii U: F--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

I give them a B

• They've nailed the hardware - the S and X are excellent machines
  • Elite controller is without doubt the best controller available
  • OS has continually improved
  • Introduced two generations of backwards compatibility at absolutely no charge
  • Launched digital initiatives like digital gifting and digital refunds
  • Play anywhere
  • Game preview
  • Gamepass
  • They support cross-play

The list goes on. Only thing I can fault them on is their first party software, which was lacking in 2017... but thats looking to change this year.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

D. It's passing with the absolute bare minimum of effort. Releases a new feature or sku once a year to stay relevant. You cant say its failing, but you cant say it has much of a future either.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@n64dd: no I don't, so yeah my feedback is really from my perspective. I used to be a PC(& console) gamer though when I was younger, and over the years I just transitioned to gaming on console only, for various reasons.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

I gave them a C.

• Horrible launch price and DRM dropped them to a B.
  • Not enough exclusives drops them to a C.
  • Kinect at launch (and now not even being made) dropped them to a D.
  • Allowing Sony to get timed-exclusive rights to things like COD dropped them to an F
  • The exclusives they have released have been stellar, that raises them to a D
  • XB1X and this new Xbox Pass raised them back up to a C.

So, right now they get a C.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

what do I vote if I think all consoles are ridiculous and xbox one is the most of such?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

I gave them a B. They have a great online service and have been doing a lot of positive things with releasing the Xbox One X, backwards compatibility, and Game Pass however they could improve their stable of first party games.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

I was generous and gave Microsoft a D for the backwards compatibility features but the weak 1st party library is the worst Xbox has ever had

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

A-

All due to it's debacle idiotic May 2013 reveal.

But overall, it's a phenomenal machine for what it can do, for it's price tag. One of the Best investments I've made in a console since the original Xbox in 2001. I knew what I was buying and what to expect out of the machine. It's not perfect, but it's still future proof for the next few years, until the next gen Xbox rolls in. Excellent all in one hardware. Everything you want is what you'll get from the X1X.