Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57106 Posts

inb4 a f*cking bot steals your 3080!!!

So did stores break the embargo? I've not read up on what happened.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 43767 Posts

I reckon MS is going to have more consoles available for pre-order and at launch. That's my conspiracy theory. I say this mainly because of Xbox All Access.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 1358 Posts

@Pedro said:

I reckon MS is going to have more consoles available for pre-order and at launch. That's my conspiracy theory. I say this mainly because of Xbox All Access.

reports today that you can not use All Access to pre-order in Canada but it will be available before Launch (not sure about other countries)

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 4826 Posts

Excepts the bots also know the date and time... Breaking embargo is the only way any of us have a shot.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 9839 Posts

@lundy86_4: Walmart started PS5 preorders early and other retailers decided to go ahead as well thus breaking the damm destroying the hopes and dreams of many.

That said... just as many hopes and dreams would have been shattered as stock is severely limited, demand is incredibly high, and some assholes have preordered more than one as they are scalpers.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 3613 Posts

I wonder what will the penalties be for breaking the pre-order embargo.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By regnaston

@onesiphorus said:

I wonder what will the penalties be for breaking the pre-order embargo.

lowering the amount of units the retailer will have available to them

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6125 Posts

MS is making all the right moves going into next gen. Sony, not so much.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 46697 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

MS is making all the right moves going into next gen. Sony, not so much.

By telling all the bots about this? MMmmmk

Good luck getting one if it's anything like PS5 demand. I genuinely mean it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4: Walmart started PS5 preorders early and other retailers decided to go ahead as well thus breaking the damm destroying the hopes and dreams of many.

That said... just as many hopes and dreams would have been shattered as stock is severely limited, demand is incredibly high, and some assholes have preordered more than one as they are scalpers.

Jeez, that's a big screw up for Walmart. Plus, scalpers can genuinely take a long walk off a short pier... Nice for them, scummy for everyone else.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 regnaston

on the XSX Reddit page someone started a thread asking MS to have the retailers put in place a CAPTCHA system so that bots/scalpers can not scoop up the consoles like what I heard happened with the 3000 series graphics cards

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox

@lundy86_4 said:
@Telekill said:

Jeez, that's a big screw up for Walmart. Plus, scalpers can genuinely take a long walk off a short pier... Nice for them, scummy for everyone else.

If bots truly are getting many units, that was the only way to prevent it.

That same day Walmart notified everyone that they would have more for preorder, and they were gone in about a minute. I had one in check out, put my info in....and gone.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 32340 Posts

This scalping bs is totally out of control. It really should be illegal.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 27787 Posts

Just a PR move that will prove inconsequential.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 3613 Posts

In speaking of scalpers, it is interesting that in some U.S. states, there are laws on scalping concert tickets (either banning the practice or requiring that scalpers cannot charge more than a certain percentage off the full price of a ticket), but there are no laws on scalping electronic products like cellphones or gaming consoles.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4

@Chutebox said:

That same day Walmart notified everyone that they would have more for preorder, and they were gone in about a minute. I had one in check out, put my info in....and gone.

That's definitely true.

I had a 3080 in checkout and when I processed the order, got a notification that it was pulled from my cart. Retailers need to curtail this shit... Bounce Alerts can genuinely go suck a d*ck.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chutebox

@lundy86_4 said:
@Chutebox said:

That's definitely true.

I had a 3080 in checkout and when I processed the order, got a notification that it was pulled from my cart. Retailers need to curtail this shit... Bounce Alerts can genuinely go suck a d*ck.

They do, yes.. But why would they? They get their money and I'd image that's all they give two shits about. If they did care, anti bot measures would have occurred many years ago.

Now I'm sitting here refreshing pages every fifteen minutes or so hoping I get lucky haha

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 805 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

lol yep. Look at the little lemmings eating it up though

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4

@Chutebox said:

They do, yes.. But why would they? They get their money and I'd image that's all they give two shits about. If they did care, anti bot measures would have occurred many years ago.

Now I'm sitting here refreshing pages every fifteen minutes or so hoping I get lucky haha

For sure they won't. It's the bottom-line for many retailers, and they won't care.

Good luck... I'm holding out on the PS5 until early next year, but hopefully those scalpers get screwed (no chance).

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5617 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

This scalping bs is totally out of control. It really should be illegal.

MS/Sony/Nvidia/AMD really should sit down with Ebay, the latter allows it at the end of the day. But Ebay is one hell of a shit company, so oh well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

Excepts the bots also know the date and time... Breaking embargo is the only way any of us have a shot.

You mean its better to say its the 22nd and open pre-orders before without notice so that folks who were expecting to pre-order on the 22nd are screwed? Sounds brilliant. 😐

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371

@Random_Matt: eBay doesn’t care because they get a cut from the sales but yeah something really needs to be done because it’s out of control. It may ultimately come down to actually making laws to prevent this.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

@Random_Matt: eBay doesn’t care because they get a cut from the sales but yeah something really needs to be done because it’s out of control. It may ultimately come down to actually making laws to prevent this.

They can have a system in which they verify that each purchase is a unique purchase.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Archangel3371

@Pedro: Can’t bots get around that? Most of these places that sell probably don’t care too much and just want to sell as much of a product as possible regardless.

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GoldenElementXL

@Pedro: “You mean its better to say its the 22nd and open pre-orders before without notice so that folks who were expecting to pre-order on the 22nd are screwed? Sounds brilliant. 😐”

So now folks will be ready to preorder in the 22nd to only never see the “buy now” or “add to cart” buttons because the consoles will be sold out the millisecond the preorders go live.

One option gives normal consumers a chance. The other does not. You tell me which is better...

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14016 Posts

No one is buying it anyway.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

@Pedro: “You mean its better to say its the 22nd and open pre-orders before without notice so that folks who were expecting to pre-order on the 22nd are screwed? Sounds brilliant. 😐”

So now folks will be ready to preorder in the 22nd to only never see the “buy now” or “add to cart” buttons because the consoles will be sold out the millisecond the preorders go live.

One option gives normal consumers a chance. The other does not. You tell me which is better...

So, its better that consumers don't know when pre-orders are open to increase their chances of pre-ordering. 😐 I don't think you thought that one through.

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GoldenElementXL

@Pedro: Maybe if you spent more time on twitter than in here... There were folks that NEVER saw RTX 3080s in stock while scalpers running bots got 30-40 cards in the fraction of a second they were available. If the scalpers didn’t know when to have their stuff running, they wouldn’t have scored.

It’s really not that hard of a concept to understand

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 18729 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

But if Sony did it you would be praising them to the heavens above lol.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1262 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

inb4 a f*cking bot steals your 3080!!!

So did stores break the embargo? I've not read up on what happened.

2nd that

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

@Pedro: Maybe if you spent more time on twitter than in here... There were folks that NEVER saw RTX 3080s in stock while scalpers running bots got 30-40 cards in the fraction of a second they were available. If the scalpers didn’t know when to have their stuff running, they wouldn’t have scored.

Last I checked we were talking about consoles and not RTX 3080 which will factually sell in smaller numbers than any of these upcoming consoles. Again you are not thinking through your argument. If gamers don't know when they can pre-order then how can they have a better chance to pre-order?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28431 Posts

I'd like to think it helps with scalpers, but I doubt it. I was hoping to get a preorder ps5, maybe better luck with the xbox X.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 7909 Posts

LOL what is Microsoft going go to do? Shoot themselves in their foot if Walmart goes out early again? Imagine walking into Walmart the only console you can get there is PS5's. USA marketshare would be over.

Microsoft is nothing compared to Walmart.

If they wanna break street day there is nothing Microsoft can do about it. No one would ever go against a company that huge, the spice must flow.

Don't ever threaten Walmart. They don't carry your product you die.

Daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 2731 Posts

Good news is that MS doesn't really need to worry about pre orders mishaps, because like 1% of gamers prefer the xbsex and S over the PS5

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

LOL what is Microsoft going go to do? Shoot themselves in their foot if Walmart goes out early again? Imagine walking into Walmart the only console you can get there is PS5's. USA marketshare would be over.

Microsoft is nothing compared to Walmart.

If they wanna break street day there is nothing Microsoft can do about it. No one would ever go against a company that huge, the spice must flow.

Don't ever threaten Walmart. They don't carry your product you die.

I thought the PS5 was sold out?😎

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GoldenElementXL

@Pedro: Follow Wario64 on Twitter... That’s how folks knew when PS5 preorders went live on each retailer. The bots aren’t able to follow Twitter threads and react accordingly (yet).

When Keighley broke the news on twitter that PS5 preorders were going live soon, gamers should have been on high alert. I know I was. There were 10 minute windows of availability throughout the night on Target, Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy. (Even though BB was a mess). Most folks that were paying attention were able to get what they needed. For the most part, only those that dismissed Keighley struck out. Let’s see what happens with Xbox preorders with bots and scalpers locked and loaded...

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1724 Posts

Sounds like Microsoft is willing to penalize themselves by lowering allocations to those stores 🤔

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 me2002
Member since 2002 • 2459 Posts

@Pedro said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Last I checked we were talking about consoles and not RTX 3080 which will factually sell in smaller numbers than any of these upcoming consoles. Again you are not thinking through your argument. If gamers don't know when they can pre-order then how can they have a better chance to pre-order?

Maybe they can check up on it once in a while or get friends to notify each other once pre-order starts?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@goldenelementxl: What you are stating is still more limiting to gamers. Bots can actively track any site. They don't need announcements but gamers do. Your scenario requires knowledge of specific twitter users to be informed of preorder availability versus the official website stating time and date. There will be more people across the board who would be aware and ready for preordering with date and time specified. Yes! That will also include bots and many other gamers. Regardless, the servers are going to be swamped.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 regnaston

One company up here in Canada says they are only doing in person pre-orders that is inconvenient but it makes sure that only real people get one

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 6982 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

lol yep. Look at the little lemmings eating it up though

LOL! Like MS has any leverage to punish retailers over their unpopular consoles. Sending then LESS consoles is not an option since we know MS is going to channel stuff these things like crazy.