Microsoft Will Launch At Least One New First-Party Game Every 3 Months.... Update:Xbox Will Be Built Into TVs

• 155 results
regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 2857 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@mowgly1: I think you are very confused. They aren't saying they will develop and release a game every 3 months. They are saying games that have been in development are reaching fruition (finally) and they will start releasing them approximately one every 3 months. You can have games take 6 years to develop and still release 4 games a year. Those twothings have almost nothing to do with each other (except the lag time to get to the first round of releases)

I am guessing he still wont concede the point 😁

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#102 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51374 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao!!!

Anyway, it's been very obvious (maybe except for cows & certain parts of the media) that this is what Xbox has been building towards & where the industry is inevitably headed. Whilst dedicated consoles will still play a big part along with individual game sales, cloud (plus other devices that use cloud) & the subscription model is where the big growth is... this is the future, and MS is getting a massive head start on Sony.

I'm looking forward to Xcloud launching here in Aus finally later this year, so I can use it to compliment my XsX. Plus of course the content that is coming.

I think consoles for Microsoft is going to serve as more of a platform for development across their Xbox Play Anywhere/GamePass goal. It is a win for everyone. If you don't want to buy Xbox you can still play the games. So, simple.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20843 Posts

@Pedro said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao!!!

Anyway, it's been very obvious (maybe except for cows & certain parts of the media) that this is what Xbox has been building towards & where the industry is inevitably headed. Whilst dedicated consoles will still play a big part along with individual game sales, cloud (plus other devices that use cloud) & the subscription model is where the big growth is... this is the future, and MS is getting a massive head start on Sony.

I'm looking forward to Xcloud launching here in Aus finally later this year, so I can use it to compliment my XsX. Plus of course the content that is coming.

I think consoles for Microsoft is going to serve as more of a platform for development across their Xbox Play Anywhere/GamePass goal. It is a win for everyone. If you don't want to buy Xbox you can still play the games. So, simple.

Exactly. They're not forcing people to buy a dedicated machine to play their games, although they will still keep making dedicated hardware for those that want it. It's all about choices.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5386 Posts

I love game pass but let's take a moment to reflect on MS first party games record in recent times. It's not great (massive understatement).

I don't know why people are excited about 'some first party games'. It depends on the games. I'm not sure how excited people would be receiving a Sea of Thieves or Crackdown quality level game every three months.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag  Online
Member since 2013 • 16393 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

I love game pass but let's take a moment to reflect on MS first party games record in recent times. It's not great (massive understatement).

I don't know why people are excited about 'some first party games'. It depends on the games. I'm not sure how excited people would be receiving a Sea of Thieves or Crackdown quality level game every three months.

Ask a lemming what their favorite first party games from Xbox's 20 year history that aren't named Halo, Gears or Forza are and they will turn bright red and start deflecting. They don't play games. They don't buy games. They don't know why they like Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Playing Days Gone in FPS right now and got 3 free months of gamepass so playinh The Show 2021. Good times for PC and Xbox users. Sony has lost their shit. Bye bye.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1178 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@blueinheaven said:

Ask a lemming what their favorite first party games from Xbox's 20 year history that aren't named Halo, Gears or Forza are and they will turn bright red and start deflecting. They don't play games. They don't buy games. They don't know why they like Xbox.

This is the same thing Xbox fanboys have been doing for at least 5 years. Despite MS relative poor performance in gaming, they hype the next big announcement as if MS has already won, based purely on speculation.

Think back to the days of "but the Scorpio! just wait!" It's all the same.

As a bonus, think back to how hard Sony fanboys got trashed in the early PS3 days for saying this when PS3 had almost nothing for a whole year.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108 xantufrog
Member since 2013 • 16196 Posts

Guys, it's not fanwars. Saying shit like "lemmings all do ___" and "they don't play games, they don't buy games, they don't know why they like Xbox" is straight up disingenuous - it's a big generalization, first of all, and it's alsojust making stuff up and putting it in their mouths.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9233 Posts

@xantufrog: too much of that shit going on here. Wish all the people doing it would get disciplined somehow, but I don't make the rules nor am I a mod. I make sure to never ever do it or reply when someone replies to my post with it. It's also cringe content as well to attack forum posters for their preference.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 NathanDrakeSwag  Online

@mazuiface said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@blueinheaven said:

This is the same thing Xbox fanboys have been doing for at least 5 years. Despite MS relative poor performance in gaming, they hype the next big announcement as if MS has already won, based purely on speculation.

Think back to the days of "but the Scorpio! just wait!" It's all the same.

To me, the craziest thing about them is how much of a leash they are willing to give the con man Phil Spencer before they turn on him. He's given them no games and has killed every bit of relevancy the brand once had. They can't even stay competitive in the US anymore.

The OG Xbox and 360 had an identity. The Xbone could have been something unique but these clowns revolted against Donnie M because they were scared of having their console always connected to the internet.

There's really no reason for Xbox to exist now. The rest of the industry is not following Microsoft into the money burning pit of giving away new games for $1. We don't need a creatively bankrupt company tossing money around in a fit of rage buying up studios just to take games away from other platforms.

The only people who really cheerlead for Xbox now are xenophobes who go out of their way to insult anyone who plays Japanese games.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 mazuiface

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@xantufrog: too much of that shit going on here. Wish all the people doing it would get disciplined somehow, but I don't make the rules nor am I a mod. I make sure to never ever do it or reply when someone replies to my post with it. It's also cringe content as well to attack forum posters for their preference.

The worst examples of this are attacking people for buying NEW games at whatever price. "Hurr durr you paid 70 dollars for a new game you were excited for? You got milked!" At what point is someone like that not a video game hobbyist? We're on a video game forum.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 blueinheaven

@xantufrog said:

Guys, it's not fanwars. Saying shit like "lemmings all do ___" and "they don't play games, they don't buy games, they don't know why they like Xbox" is straight up disingenuous - it's a big generalization, first of all, and it's alsojust making stuff up and putting it in their mouths.

Yeah I'm not sure how to engage with that kind of thing tbh, so I just don't. Fact remains though that Spencer spends his whole life saying literally nothing. Don't tell us we get one first party game every three months, tell us what they f***ing are. The fact he omits this tells me and everyone else he's just dripping BS from every pore which to be fair is his usual M.O.

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 shadyacshuns  Online
Member since 2007 • 6316 Posts

@xantufrog said:

I know you're trying, but until you start to club some users, nothing will change.

I admit, I too have been playing up the fanboy bs to try to keep up with the flair of the forum but honestly? I'm getting sick of behaving like a total idiot just to be like the others who wear that "SYSTEM WARS" badge proudly.

But to tell the truth I'd rather see most of the so-called 'gamers' here start to actually discuss the games instead of nothing but tech talk and fanboy doo doo chucking.

I'll start the olive branching: Kena: Bridge of Spirits looks like the best game coming out this year.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Pedro

@blueinheaven said:
@xantufrog said:

Yeah I'm not sure how to engage with that kind of thing tbh, so I just don't. Fact remains though that Spencer spends his whole life saying literally nothing. Don't tell us we get one first party game every three months, tell us what they f***ing are. The fact he omits this tells me and everyone else he's just dripping BS from every pore which to be fair is his usual M.O.

That is an odd complaint when they have the potential of answering those questions in two days. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Do you expect him to reveal this information prior to their show?

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

"Microsoft commits to releasing at least one new first-party game on Game Pass every quarter."

PC gamers are winning once again!

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 shadyacshuns  Online

@omegamaster said:

"Microsoft commits to releasing at least one new first-party game on Game Pass every quarter."

As are Xbox gamers.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 blueinheaven

@Pedro said:
@blueinheaven said:
@xantufrog said:

That is an odd complaint when they have the potential of answering those questions in two days. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Do you expect him to reveal this information prior to their show?

Why bother telling people you'll get a first party game every three months if you don't tell them what they are? Is he selling MS exclusive loot boxes now? More brow-beating PR bravado from him which has proved to be baseless in all cases every day of his entire career.

TBH it means little to me, I get enough value from Gamepass without MS exclusives that it's more than worth it to me. But selling something on empty promises is literally the definitive description of Spencer.

I'm sure he'll have something to announce, will it be earth shattering? No chance. Worth getting excited about? Maybe.

All I'm saying is he is better off saying nothing at all, always, every single time, and letting the product live or die on its own merits. Feel free to send me a 'told you so' if there's anything worth a damn in their show.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mazuiface

@blueinheaven said:

Why bother telling people you'll get a first party game every three months if you don't tell them what they are? Is he selling MS exclusive loot boxes now? More brow-beating PR bravado from him which has proved to be baseless in all cases every day of his entire career.

TBH it means little to me, I get enough value from Gamepass without MS exclusives that it's more than worth it to me. But selling something on empty promises is literally the definitive description of Spencer.

I'm sure he'll have something to announce, will it be earth shattering? No chance. Worth getting excited about? Maybe.

All I'm saying is he is better off saying nothing at all, always, every single time, and letting the product live or die on its own merits. Feel free to send me a 'told you so' if there's anything worth a damn in their show.

Do you remember how Crackdown 3 was used to hype fans up? This is the same strategy.
I am expecting mostly indies with a AAA title mixed in every once in a while.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 hrt_rulz01
@shadyacshuns said:
@xantufrog said:

I know you're trying, but until you start to club some users, nothing will change.

I admit, I too have been playing up the fanboy bs to try to keep up with the flair of the forum but honestly? I'm getting sick of behaving like a total idiot just to be like the others who wear that "SYSTEM WARS" badge proudly.

But to tell the truth I'd rather see most of the so-called 'gamers' here start to actually discuss the games instead of nothing but tech talk and fanboy doo doo chucking.

I'll start the olive branching: Kena: Bridge of Spirits looks like the best game coming out this year.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Pedro

@blueinheaven said:

I would have understood the nature of your complaint if it wasn't two days before a showing.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 142 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Starting when?

13 years later....

Halo Infinite arrives on the scene

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By mazuiface

@zerothehero said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Starting when?

13 years later....

I'm not expecting much from them. Some of us have learned from MS' antics.

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 shadyacshuns  Online

@mazuiface said:

Corporations play antics. More news at eleven. How do you feel about Sony when they say 'we believe in generations' ?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 NathanDrakeSwag  Online

@omegamaster said:

That's the big takeaway from this. If any of these games turn out to be good they will play best on PC.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mazuiface

@shadyacshuns said:
@mazuiface said:

Corporations play antics. More news at eleven. How do you feel about Sony when they say 'we believe in generations' ?

Lol obviously their games can run cross gen, but at least they are releasing games, which can not be said of MS. Why does this have to be about Sony?

Seriously, you can follow my posts on here; I clearly state my position that new consoles, while they present a nice improvement over last hardware, do not constitute as much of a generational improvement over the Pro/One X.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Pedro

@mazuiface said:

Lol obviously their games can run cross gen, but at least they are releasing games, which can not be said of MS. Why does this have to be about Sony?

Seriously, you can follow my posts on here; I clearly state my position that new consoles, while they present a nice improvement over last hardware, do not constitute as much of a generational improvement over the Pro/One X.

You speak as if MS is not going to release any games.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 mazuiface

@Pedro said:
@mazuiface said:

You speak as if MS is not going to release any games.

And according to their track record, I'm right to not expect much from them.

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 shadyacshuns  Online

@mazuiface: I dunno bro, I used to think that, but seeing some of these games like R & C and Dark Alliance I've kind of changed my tune a bit. These games look and run amazing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Pedro

@mazuiface said:

You are free to have your expectation but lets not pretend that they are no games on the horizon or they have not shown what they have in the works.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 mazuiface

@shadyacshuns: I haven't played it yet, but I'll admit that R&C new gameplay sort of blew me away. Also Demon's Souls remake is a technical masterpiece and probably the most beautiful game I have played in my opinion, and I have a 3090 in my PC. I try hard to not one of those elitists that thinks that console gaming holds PC gaming back - most people don't have super expensive PCs.

I guess I should hold my tongue a bit before dig at the graphical power of these new consoles, and wait to see what MS and Sony are offering (also get my hands on R&C)

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By mazuiface

@Pedro said:
@mazuiface said:

You are free to have your expectation but lets not pretend that they are no games on the horizon or they have not shown what they have in the works.

Would you have said that when Crackdown 3 and State of Decay were on the horizon?

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 shadyacshuns  Online

@mazuiface said:

@shadyacshuns: I haven't played it yet, but I'll admit that R&C new gameplay sort of blew me away. Also Demon's Souls remake is a technical masterpiece and probably the most beautiful game I have played in my opinion, and I have a 3090 in my PC. I try hard to not one of those elitists that thinks that console gaming holds PC gaming back - most people don't have super expensive PCs.

I guess I should hold my tongue a bit before dig at the graphical power of these new consoles, and wait to see what MS and Sony are offering (also get my hands on R&C)

I wish more posters here didn't care if gamers prefer PCs or Xbox systems, but I suppose that's just a pipe dream on my part. :P

As gamers we should just want to play good games and not gaf about brands and petty differences. I'm guess I'm just excited about all this new info we're getting, and finally experiencing some hype like I haven't felt in years.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 xantufrog
Member since 2013 • 16196 Posts

@shadyacshuns: props for being open and extending that branch. I doubt you'll get reciprocation, sadly. But 👍

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Pedro

@mazuiface said:

Would you have said that when Crackdown 3 and State of Decay were on the horizon?

Nope! I didn't play the first two Crackdown games or State of Decay. I also didn't understand why anyone would be excited over State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 after playing both. Odd choice of games as a example.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 5339 Posts

@mazuiface said:
@Pedro said:
@mazuiface said:

neither of those games were made by an Xbox 1st party studio.. that was the problem.. Xbox had like 6 in-house studios and now they have 23..

to pretend the landscape at Xbox Game Studios hasn't changed is just being disingenuous.. particularly a few days prior to their E3 showing..

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 mazuiface

@Pedro said:
@mazuiface said:

Nope! I didn't play the first two Crackdown games or State of Decay. I also didn't understand why anyone would be excited over State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 after playing both. Odd choice of games as a example.

Well those along with Gears 5 are some of the most recent (as well as massively hyped) first party releases from MS, so according to their track record I can expect something along those lines, hence my comments about expectation from MS first party. Not holding my breath for them.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 103 Posts

I will believe it when I see it has xbox has been nothing but talk for 20 years.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#138 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 7487 Posts

Starting when?

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 103 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

This sounds nice and all...until you realize it's Microsoft and almost every game they've released in the last decade sucked.

Yep this times like 100

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Pedro

@mazuiface said:

Well those along with Gears 5 are some of the most recent (as well as massively hyped) first party releases from MS, so according to their track record I can expect something along those lines, hence my comments about expectation from MS first party. Not holding my breath for them.

Probably because I was never a fan of these games that the hype you speak never existed for me. Gears has always been...well mediocre even during the 360 era. I still don't get it to this day. The same with Perfect Dark and other known IPs. I am more interested in Avowed, Everwild and whatever Moon Studios maybe working on.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 38510 Posts

This is for you proto because I know you miss it...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 38510 Posts
@Antwan3K said:
@mazuiface said:
@Pedro said:
@mazuiface said:

neither of those games were made by an Xbox 1st party studio.. that was the problem.. Xbox had like 6 in-house studios and now they have 23..

to pretend the landscape at Xbox Game Studios hasn't changed is just being disingenuous.. particularly a few days prior to their E3 showing..

And to be fair, both of those games were good, especially liked CD3. It's a game I still fire up to this day just to mess around and search for more orbs.

Too many people fall for the obvious, fake news, fake reviews, fake awards... They can all go Fake off. lol :P

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 46995 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@xantufrog said:

Which most of my time is spend on Games Discussion but sadly, that place is deader than SW. But this is SW after all, so we gotta keep the fools here and act like fools.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 hrt_rulz01

@davillain- said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@xantufrog said:

Which most of my time is spend on Games Discussion but sadly, that place is deader than SW. But this is SW after all, so we gotta keep the fools here and act like fools.

Yeah I guess... but it gets a bit cringe after a while of reading this sh*t.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DaVillain-  Moderator

@hrt_rulz01: Believe me, it does lol. Sometimes I have to take a shower from reading the BS here.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Pedro

@davillain- said:

@hrt_rulz01: Believe me, it does lol. Sometimes I have to take a shower from reading the BS here.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 DaVillain-  Moderator

@Pedro: Sounds about right lol😅

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11691 Posts

Lems hated streaming when PSNow did it. Now xcloud is coming and it's awesome. They'll probably start counting every smart tv with the xbox app installed as a console sold. PSNow already did this a while ago, but good for xbox to finally catch up. Streaming games without needing expensive hardware is the future.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 5339 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Lems hated streaming when PSNow did it. Now xcloud is coming and it's awesome. They'll probably start counting every smart tv with the xbox app installed as a console sold. PSNow already did this a while ago, but good for xbox to finally catch up. Streaming games without needing expensive hardware is the future.

people clowned PS Now because their Gaikai servers sucked and the service was a crappy way to try and implement backwards compatibility versus the native b/c on Xbox..

there's a huge difference between Azure and Gaikai and having brand new games releasing into the service, day-and-date, is fundamentally different from PS Now being limited to last-gen titles..

and no, no one is going to count an Xbox app as a console.. no one with a brain anyway.. but those will be additional Game Pass subscribers and Xbox Live monthly active users, which are viable units of measurement when talking about an all digital future..

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 hrt_rulz01

@Pedro said:
@davillain- said:

😂😂