"Microsoft tried to buy Nintendo, but they just laughed their asses off" - Bloomberg

• 139 results
Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#101 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@vfighter said:

@hrt_rulz01: Yup, you don't buy a switch for its power or for its 3rd party support, you buy one for nintendo goodness, which thankfully there's a lot of.

Exactly. When I was playing Mario Odyssey, Mario 3D All Stars, Astral Chain, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3, Donkey Kong, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Pokemon etc, plus a million great Indie games, I wasn't thinking about "weak" hardware.

The sad thing is, Microsoft doesn't have a single IP outside of Halo that is anywhere in the realm of those IPs you just mentioned. I mean, they could if they actually did something with Rare so it's not an issue of not already having good, well liked IPs to work with. If Microsoft was in Control of Nintendo IPs, you'd see a mediocre release of maybe three of those over the next generation, and then never hear from any of those titles again in the next 20 years.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6120 Posts

@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:
@philamona said:

I may be bold to say, but I feel that many "hardcore" gamers are ignoring the "forest for the trees." They are too concerned over the narrow aspects of gaming (graphics, technical specifications, etc.) while ignorning why people play and enjoy them (they are fun). I doubt that "causal" gamers (who represent the vast majority of gamers) care very little over the subjects often discussed by posters in System Wars just like ordinary people care very little over political or social issues often discussed by politicians and political/social activists. In fact, as someone who identifies himself as between a "hardcore" and "causal" gamer with over 35 years of gaming experience, I find technical discussions mind-numbing.

Anyway, regardless of what a few hardcore gamers say about Nintendo and its products, the vast majority of gamers buy and enjoy them and enjoying the games and the products is what is most important to them. Not graphics, technical specifications, etc. often discussed in System Wars.

The system is plagued by poorly performing games. Are we gonna let this one slide cuz "people are buying games for fun, guys"? When your hardware is this ancient, graphics is not the only issue with the system.

Really? Mario Kart, Smash, and Luigi's Mansion look great on the Switch. Fun games don't need to look like movies. And fun characters do not need to look like real-life people. Nintendo sells way more consoles by having good, fun IPs than Microsoft is selling by having decent hardware, and a bunch of crap, unfun titles. It's almost as if more people play video games to have fun than to admire how realistic they look.

Everything you mention is an exclusive and they're all Mario games. Now look at most multiplat games or even the likes of BoTW. If everything released on the system was a simple 3D mario game, i am sure the performance would've been great, i mean, even SMG ran great on a Wii. It doesn't take much to perform well when the visuals are this simple. Mario is one of the only series that run well on the system. Anything third party released in the last few years is as messy as a third party game running on the og Xbone.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Eoten

@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:
@philamona said:

I may be bold to say, but I feel that many "hardcore" gamers are ignoring the "forest for the trees." They are too concerned over the narrow aspects of gaming (graphics, technical specifications, etc.) while ignorning why people play and enjoy them (they are fun). I doubt that "causal" gamers (who represent the vast majority of gamers) care very little over the subjects often discussed by posters in System Wars just like ordinary people care very little over political or social issues often discussed by politicians and political/social activists. In fact, as someone who identifies himself as between a "hardcore" and "causal" gamer with over 35 years of gaming experience, I find technical discussions mind-numbing.

Anyway, regardless of what a few hardcore gamers say about Nintendo and its products, the vast majority of gamers buy and enjoy them and enjoying the games and the products is what is most important to them. Not graphics, technical specifications, etc. often discussed in System Wars.

The system is plagued by poorly performing games. Are we gonna let this one slide cuz "people are buying games for fun, guys"? When your hardware is this ancient, graphics is not the only issue with the system.

Really? Mario Kart, Smash, and Luigi's Mansion look great on the Switch. Fun games don't need to look like movies. And fun characters do not need to look like real-life people. Nintendo sells way more consoles by having good, fun IPs than Microsoft is selling by having decent hardware, and a bunch of crap, unfun titles. It's almost as if more people play video games to have fun than to admire how realistic they look.

Everything you mention is an exclusive and they're all Mario games. Now look at most multiplat games or even the likes of BoTW. If everything released on the system was a simple 3D mario game, i am sure the performance would've been great, i mean, even SMG ran great on a Wii. It doesn't take much to perform well when the visuals are this simple. Mario is one of the only series that run well on the system. Anything third party released in the last few years is as messy as a third party game running on the og Xbone.

So? They look great. Those are the titles people buy Switch for. They're not buying a Switch to play next gen multiplats, people buy Switch to play Nintendo exclusives and they sell more consoles than their competitors. Switch has solid almost 70 million units in less than 4 years. It's half the age of the PS4 with more than half the sales, which means it's selling more.

Maybe it isn't Nintendo that needs to be like the other manufacturers. I am not sure where people are getting the idea that the best selling gaming console somehow needs help from either of the others.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 com2006
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts

They would have killed Nintendo, Nintendo are happy with switches flying off the shelf’s and their software too. They don’t need Microsoft

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1117 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Nintendo should go third party with home consoles and just focus on handheld hardware. They would make insane amounts of money.

At least Sega had the good sense to do that. A lot of people missed out on a lot of Nintendo games between the N64 to the Wii U, minus the Wii, because they weren't willing to buy Nintendo's shit hardware. And it is shit. Every console of theirs had tedious limitations.

N64 Cartridge

Gamecube disc space and controller layout which could hinder certain genres.

Wii, horrendous GPU performance so bad it was a detriment to the gaming experience. I would have settled for FXAA.

Wii U CPU. Wii U's CPU is so bad it can't even handle Arkham City and Arkham Origins with a smooth frame rate.

They've been battered by Sony so hard in the home console space, that they've just given up instead of swallowing their pride.

*takes a shot of choice booze*

Might as well send them katana's, or have them play Russian Roulette with a Beretta 92. I'd rather put up with fantastic games on weaker hardware of their own, than crappy games on stronger hardware NOT their own (funny enough, you defend SEGA because... yeah... they didn't start great as a third party developer, from sloppy ports of their Dreamcast games, to poorly received games with their mascot).

Something like Mario 3D All-Stars would be PANNED on PlayStation/XBOX/PC.

I don't get this third party fantasy that people want for Nintendo. Like, if they want their games so bad, wouldn't they just buy their console? Clearly they don't like Nintendo games and just want them to go third party for a victory in console wars.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 LuxuryHeart

@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:
@philamona said:

So? They look great. Those are the titles people buy Switch for. They're not buying a Switch to play next gen multiplats, people buy Switch to play Nintendo exclusives and they sell more consoles than their competitors. Switch has solid almost 70 million units in less than 4 years. It's half the age of the PS4 with more than half the sales, which means it's selling more.

Maybe it isn't Nintendo that needs to be like the other manufacturers. I am not sure where people are getting the idea that the best selling gaming console somehow needs help from either of the others.

People don't realize that people want the actual heart of stuff. I've seen it a million times where companies throw away something that looks mediocre/ugly, but has a lot of heart, in favor of something pretty and packaged but generic. You see it with Hollywood and actors/actresses (one of my favorite movies as a kid was victim of this), you see it in games, you see it in music, etc. The thing is, people are attracted to star power and to heart. They don't care too much about the sleek look so long as it speaks to them. Aretha Franklin, R.I.P. was overweight, but people didn't care because she could sing and had a beautiful voice. Same with other really famous musicians. People are attracted to their soul and essence.

I say all of that to say, this is what Microsoft kind of misses. This is what a lot of companies miss in gaming. They're too busy being jealous of Nintendo while shipping out generic products that are beautiful for the year, but will get replaced in about a year or just plain don't take off. People don't care about how realistic looking and sleek a game is if it doesn't have heart or true beauty.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:
@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:

People don't realize that people want the actual heart of stuff. I've seen it a million times where companies throw away something that looks mediocre/ugly, but has a lot of heart, in favor of something pretty and packaged but generic. You see it with Hollywood and actors/actresses (one of my favorite movies as a kid was victim of this), you see it in games, you see it in music, etc. The thing is, people are attracted to star power and to heart. They don't care too much about the sleek look so long as it speaks to them. Aretha Franklin, R.I.P. was overweight, but people didn't care because she could sing and had a beautiful voice. Same with other really famous musicians. People are attracted to their soul and essence.

I say all of that to say, this is what Microsoft kind of misses. This is what a lot of companies miss in gaming. They're too busy being jealous of Nintendo while shipping out generic products that are beautiful for the year, but will get replaced in about a year or just plain don't take off. People don't care about how realistic looking and sleek a game is if it doesn't have heart or true beauty.

What you're describing here is a good looking shitty game. Most everything from Ubi and EA is just that. But how about a title like Doom Eternal? Looks great. Plays great. Runs great. Can you have that on a Switch? You cannot.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 14

#108 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37955 Posts
@luxuryheart said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Might as well send them katana's, or have them play Russian Roulette with a Beretta 92. I'd rather put up with fantastic games on weaker hardware of their own, than crappy games on stronger hardware NOT their own (funny enough, you defend SEGA because... yeah... they didn't start great as a third party developer, from sloppy ports of their Dreamcast games, to poorly received games with their mascot).

I don't get this third party fantasy that people want for Nintendo. Like, if they want their games so bad, wouldn't they just buy their console? Clearly they don't like Nintendo games and just want them to go third party for a victory in console wars.

Me neither. Again, the only remaining gamers they would reach out are fanboys of said platforms, and they wouldn't touch them period. Mario/Zelda/Pokemon's sales remain high as f***, almost to the point where they can reach to no one else... keyword: almost (new generations and all that).

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 1560 Posts

Good. I'll bet Nintendo is still laughing at them

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Eoten

@luxuryheart said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Nintendo should go third party with home consoles and just focus on handheld hardware. They would make insane amounts of money.

At least Sega had the good sense to do that. A lot of people missed out on a lot of Nintendo games between the N64 to the Wii U, minus the Wii, because they weren't willing to buy Nintendo's shit hardware. And it is shit. Every console of theirs had tedious limitations.

N64 Cartridge

Wii, horrendous GPU performance so bad it was a detriment to the gaming experience. I would have settled for FXAA.

Wii U CPU. Wii U's CPU is so bad it can't even handle Arkham City and Arkham Origins with a smooth frame rate.

They've been battered by Sony so hard in the home console space, that they've just given up instead of swallowing their pride.

That's what I was thinking. If you want to play the latest CoD or Assassin's Creed and Mario kart just isn't your cup of tea, buy a PS5 or XBsX. I am not sure why people have a problem with that.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29349 Posts

@eoten: The Switch already gets 3rd part ports, so the demand is obviously there. You can even play Witcher 3 on Switch.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Eoten

@SolidGame_basic: Then there's nothing to complain about.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 LuxuryHeart

@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:

What you're describing here is a good looking shitty game. Most everything from Ubi and EA is just that. But how about a title like Doom Eternal? Looks great. Plays great. Runs great. Can you have that on a Switch? You cannot.

Switch games continue to sell by the boatload because they have heart. Doom Eternal sold how much? Meanwhile Nintendo games are selling over 10 million copies on a single platform, and I can see some of those games selling over 30 million when it's all said and done.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:
@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:

Switch games continue to sell by the boatload because they have heart. Doom Eternal sold how much? Meanwhile Nintendo games are selling over 10 million copies on a single platform, and I can see some of those games selling over 30 million when it's all said and done.

Sales sales sales. I am talking about the performance of a game, you're responding with sales. Of course it will sell if its all what's available on the system.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 9270 Posts

@eoten said:
@luxuryheart said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

N64 Cartridge

That's what I was thinking. If you want to play the latest CoD or Assassin's Creed and Mario kart just isn't your cup of tea, buy a PS5 or XBsX. I am not sure why people have a problem with that.

Yeah, and this weird passive aggressive defensive posture Nintendo fans get and they can't explain why, but insist they're not the ones being fanboys.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4365 Posts

@Postosuchus said:

The switch is a poor handheld.

I am laughing like those Nintendo execs were in that meeting.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 5293 Posts

@Postosuchus said:

Unfortunately the Switch’s sales means Nintendo will be doubling down on the fragile oversized battery-slurping handheld wannabe that is grossly underpowered as a home console.

I'm not the biggest Switch fan, but I wouldn't call that thing fragile.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 714 Posts

@drummerdave9099: I’m sure they’re laughing even more about being able to sell ancient reskinned Nvidia Shields at a premium as a “revolutionary” new console. Though with luck Nvidia screwed them over with the pricing like they screwed M$ and Sony with the OG Xbox and PS3 GPUs.

@shellcase86: The cheaply built and exposed joycons alone (especially with their propensity for drift) would be enough to classify it as fragile, but having a bare touchscreen with no protective casing is just asking for trouble. As weak as they were hardware-wise, those are things the (3D)S got right.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4365 Posts

@Postosuchus said:

@drummerdave9099: I’m sure they’re laughing even more about being able to sell ancient reskinned Nvidia Shields at a premium as a “revolutionary” new console. Though with luck Nvidia screwed them over with the pricing like they screwed M$ and Sony with the OG Xbox and PS3 GPUs.

@shellcase86: The cheaply built and exposed joycons alone (especially with their propensity for drift) would be enough to classify it as fragile, but having a bare touchscreen with no protective casing is just asking for trouble. As weak as they were hardware-wise, those are things the (3D)S got right.

It's the first handheld ever that feels like you're playing games on a console. It's the best handheld ever.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 7946 Posts

@drummerdave9099: First? Nope, you're thinking of the vita.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LuxuryHeart

@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:
@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:

Sales sales sales. I am talking about the performance of a game, you're responding with sales. Of course it will sell if its all what's available on the system.

If people didn't like the game, they wouldn't buy the system to play said game. The Wii U games didn't sell, even with less third party than the Switch currently has. No games have sold as much on a single platform as the Switch games. That's because they are well made and appealing games. 30 million people aren't buying Mario Kart because it's the only game on the Switch. lol. But stay pressed and mad while Nintendo continues to sell games by the boatload. :D

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:
@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:
@hardwenzen said:
@luxuryheart said:

If people didn't like the game, they wouldn't buy the system to play said game. The Wii U games didn't sell, even with less third party than the Switch currently has. No games have sold as much on a single platform as the Switch games. That's because they are well made and appealing games. 30 million people aren't buying Mario Kart because it's the only game on the Switch. lol. But stay pressed and mad while Nintendo continues to sell games by the boatload. :D

I am not saying the games are bad (even tho its been lacking for over a year). What i am saying is that outside of 3D marios or other games with a simple art styles (like animal crossing for example), the games do not run well and looks so damn far behind its competition, or even last gen competition for that matter. Nobody is mad about anything. What you're getting now, could be much better, but pretty much everyone i see defending the Switch ignores this and tells me how its not important. Its not important until you get it, and then it becomes the best thing you've ever seen. But because good graphics do not exist on a Nintendo system since the GC era, you never see anyone with the Switch praising them. Don't tell me you wouldn't want to see SMG3 with full RT support. Of course you wouldn't, because you know that you ain't getting it even ten years from now.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 LuxuryHeart

@hardwenzen: Dude. Mario games would not look good in a realistic art style. It would look weird. Same with some of their other games. The only game that sort of makes me mad is Zelda for their remakes. Like the Ocarina of Time Remake and the Twilight Princess Remaster. I wanted those art styles updated to at least this tech demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Lf4uVuE50&ab_channel=ChrisNEO-TheIRATEGamer Instead they were sort of lazy. However, I still prefer Nintendo over other games because aside from the laziness of Zelda remakes, they do have beautiful games that are fun to play, even if the graphics aren't photo-realism.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:

@hardwenzen: Dude. Mario games would not look good in a realistic art style. It would look weird. Same with some of their other games. The only game that sort of makes me mad is Zelda for their remakes. Like the Ocarina of Time Remake and the Twilight Princess Remaster. I wanted those art styles updated to at least this tech demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Lf4uVuE50&ab_channel=ChrisNEO-TheIRATEGamer Instead they were sort of lazy. However, I still prefer Nintendo over other games because aside from the laziness of Zelda remakes, they do have beautiful games that are fun to play, even if the graphics aren't photo-realism.

RT=/=realist art style.

Have you not seen what RT does even to the simplest looking titles such as Minecraft, a game that is way further from looking realistic than a mario game? Its like god damn some of you have low expections and no imagination whatsoever. RT would be absolutely perfect in any of the 3D mario games. Would be even better in a Zelda/Metroid title, but i haven't mentioned these because they have much more thing going on on screen, and having full RT in a 3D mario would be easier to achieve.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 nintendoboy16

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@eoten said:
@luxuryheart said:

Yeah, and this weird passive aggressive defensive posture Nintendo fans get and they can't explain why, but insist they're not the ones being fanboys.

You're right Halcyon. I AM a fanboy. But at least I know where Nintendo's audience lies, and it isn't on the other platforms, because your idea caters to RIVAL fanboys who can't stand Nintendo. I mean, c'mon. For as much as XBOX is working with Nintendo, even Phil Spencer has his limits...

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 VFighter

@hardwenzen: So you're a graphics whore now? Maybe you didn't notice or maybe you're just trolling but nintendo games don't sell because of their graphics, usually their using old hardware that's a gen or two behind everyone else, they sell games on gameplay and fun games. Your argument could be made for any system out at the moment, but better tech and graphics don't automatically make a better game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 hardwenzen

@vfighter said:

@hardwenzen: So you're a graphics whore now? Maybe you didn't notice or maybe you're just trolling but nintendo games don't sell because of their graphics, usually their using old hardware that's a gen or two behind everyone else, they sell games on gameplay and fun games. Your argument could be made for any system out at the moment, but better tech and graphics don't automatically make a better game.

How about its current games, games people consider as great, with better visuals? Or are good games with good visuals is an unimginable thing when Nintendo is taken into consideration?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 33549 Posts

While I certainly look forward to Nintendo putting out a more powerful Switch, whether that be a “Pro” or Switch successor, I think that their current games all look and play great. Anyway the main thing is that I enjoy them and I thoroughly am doing just that currently.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#130  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 9270 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@eoten said:
@luxuryheart said:

You're right Halcyon. I AM a fanboy. But at least I know where Nintendo's audience lies, and it isn't on the other platforms, because your idea caters to RIVAL fanboys who can't stand Nintendo. I mean, c'mon. For as much as XBOX is working with Nintendo, even Phil Spencer has his limits...

Your mind is limited by fanboyism. You can't see that my idea isn't about fanboys, just gamers. Fanboyism isn't great for business.

Fanboy numbers aren't great. N64, GC, Wii U... It's when the larger audience becomes interested Nintendo has the potential for larger sales like with the Wii and Switch.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 VFighter

@hardwenzen: Their current games look good, from what I've played (haven't played BotW yet), all run great, and are just fun. Would better graphics be, well, better? Sure I'm not against stunning looking games, but that mentality again can be used for almost any game. Why isn't Demon Souls full Ray Traced at 60 fps at 4k? In the end (for me) as long as the graphics aren't a hindrance or just plain ugly/bland I do t really care about the specs, techniques used, etc.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By nintendoboy16

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Your mind is limited by fanboyism. You can't see that my idea isn't about fanboys, just gamers. Fanboyism isn't great for business.

Fanboy numbers aren't great. N64, GC, Wii U... It's when the larger audience becomes interested Nintendo has the potential for larger sales like with the Wii and Switch.

Maybe if I was an extreme fanboy, which I'm not, otherwise I wouldn't enjoy other games on non-Nintendo platforms. There are hardly any "all round" gamers (formerly known as hermits) in this forum, and those that claimed they are still had their biases towards something.

"You can't see that my idea isn't about fanboys, just gamers. Fanboyism isn't great for business."

Loading Video...

Gamers wouldn't actually give a f*** where they buy games, even if it means buying other hardware. What you brought up is ransacking a company you dislike's hardware (and business for that matter) because "f*** their hardware, and f*** their success, let's make them 'share' their IP's and make their fans join us, sure it might give other consoles I DO like an 'edge' but... eh, who cares, it's not Nintendo and they are now out of the race", which is the exact mentality Sony/XBOX/PC fanboys have stuck by after SEGA did what was unexpected at the time...

Loading Video...

So no, your idea STILL caters to fanboys, just ones you dislike less than the ones you dislike the most!

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 7923 Posts

@vfighter: Explain?

And none of that "you don't buy Nintendo for power" rubbish.

In this hypothetical situation, Nintendo makes games as they always have and Microsoft makes consoles, UI and online features as they always have

Instead of playing Nintendo games at 720p/30fps, you'd get to play them in 4K/60fps. 8 times the resolution and twice the framerate :p

and a 1080p/60fps OLED display for portable gaming.

Astro's playroom looks absolutely gorgeous and makes me realise what Zelda:BOTW and Mario Odyssey could look like on a proper system

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By VFighter

@Mozelleple112: If nintendo's games looked bad you could be onto something, but their games (not 3rd party) always look and run great. Plus your argument would never happen, so all the "what ifs" don't really matter.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Mozelleple112

@vfighter: Completely disagree. Astro's playroom puts any Nintendo game to shame.

Running in 720p and 30 fps in 2021 is not great. at all. it was great in 2005. 16 years ago.

Which leads me to believe we won't get Zelda: BOTW in 4K/60 until 2037 if Nintendo keeps making its own hardware.

Oh well.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 nintendoboy16

@Mozelleple112 said:

@vfighter: Completely disagree. Astro's playroom puts any Nintendo game to shame.

Running in 720p and 30 fps in 2021 is not great. at all. it was great in 2005. 16 years ago.

Which leads me to believe we won't get Zelda: BOTW in 4K/60 until 2037 if Nintendo keeps making its own hardware.

Oh well.

I mean if you want bad ports of good games in better resolutions...

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24089 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@blamix said:

Lol good thing they didn't. MS would have ruined Mario and Zelda

And Japan would've disowned Nintendo just like that.

What a gross racist attitude. As if Japanese gamers care about corporate ownership vs. games. Ugh.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#138 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts

I never knew about Microsoft trying to buy Nintendo.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Mozelleple112

@nintendoboy16: No I want perfect ports of great games in high resolutions.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 nintendoboy16

@Mozelleple112 said:

@nintendoboy16: No I want perfect ports of great games in high resolutions.

Well, too bad. Ain't happening!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By nintendoboy16

@locopatho said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

And Japan would've disowned Nintendo just like that.

What a gross racist attitude. As if Japanese gamers care about corporate ownership vs. games. Ugh.

Whoa! Really? You're gonna play that card on me? Like... what the hell?

Besides that... have you not seen how XBOX is in Japan? Every system of theirs has struggled and couldn't even catch up to Nintendo's worst selling consoles (GameCube, Wii U) of their times. That is why I mentioned that.

Jeez, man...

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 5293 Posts

@Postosuchus said:

My toddler goes to town on that thing and it still works well. That stated, I barely play the thing.