DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5858 Posts

MS needs to make some serious moves if they want to pickup more market share next gen

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103 tormentos  Online
Member since 2003 • 31997 Posts

@tdkmillsy:

It isn't.

If true.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 6176 Posts

Honestly if they do this then it more than justifies me purchasing the console day one in my opinion. One of the biggest things I hate is paying for all the services when I jump around to different consoles when I'm playing different games. Paying for one encompassing service on Xbox would be cool. They will likely combine the two and just charge a bit more for the packaged deal. I doubt they are going to leave that much money on the table... but then again, it kind of clashes with their idea of games as a service moving forward.

I honestly think SONY at this point in time would be foolish to follow in pursuit. They should just add more value to PS+ by adding another new game each month or adding other features as well. I bet SONY could offer a premium service that bundles everything together that also adds other perks as well.

Imagine either of them adding a $15-$20 a month service that gives online, ps+/game pass, and added bonuses like Amazon Prime does with Twitch Plus. Extra free games, DLC packs, extra cars/guns/skins for games, etc.

I think things are really going to heat up in the next couple weeks.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 4

#105 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2530 Posts

That's good. My sister will be happy.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 56291 Posts

Paying for what we do nowadays... If this is true, solid move. I just cancelled my TV service because I rarely use it, and with Netflix/Crave/Spotify/Prime/Crunchyroll/etc... Shit's adding up lol.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#107 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3506 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-live-gold-is-not-being-changed-says-microsoft/1100-6480596/

"The statement comes in response to a change in the Microsoft Services Agreement, with references to Xbox Live Gold now reading as "Xbox online service." The change seemed to confirm reports that Xbox Live Gold was about to be discontinued in favor of a free online service, but Microsoft has refuted that categorically."

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#108 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 41054 Posts

@freedom01 said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-live-gold-is-not-being-changed-says-microsoft/1100-6480596/

"The statement comes in response to a change in the Microsoft Services Agreement, with references to Xbox Live Gold now reading as "Xbox online service." The change seemed to confirm reports that Xbox Live Gold was about to be discontinued in favor of a free online service, but Microsoft has refuted that categorically."

Well there goes that rumor.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 13283 Posts
@Pedro said:
@freedom01 said:

So they took away the 12 month option and now the only way to get a year of gold is to spend $100.

Very pro consumer move.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#110 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5317 Posts

Lems just got shafted? So are we all now going to refute all that has been said? Bet not.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 6307 Posts

I swear to god this rumor comes up every single year before every E3 conference. These are the people that created the online paywall on console... you think they're gonna give it up?

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 1735 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: It’s not free. Sony is paying the bill for us. With MS now handling PS Online, Sony users are now paying our Xbox live for us. So why not make it free? Thank you Sony.