Microsoft moves to calm fear over Xbox One advertising

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44209 Posts

Geez some people are so paranoid :o MS shouldn't even respond. :P

But they do and I'm certain all in SW will join me in saying.. Thank You MS. :twisted:

Anyhoo, thoughts?

The Story.

----

"Preventing Kinect from being used inappropriately is something the team takes very seriously."

Microsoft has addressed concern over advertising on Xbox One.

Prospective Xbox One owners have worried about Microsoft's plan for user data since the console was announced back in May, but over the weekend a new article heightened the situation.

On 5th October trade publication Advertising Age published a report based on a speech from Yusuf Mehdi, corporate VP marketing and strategy for Microsoft, delivered at the Association of National Advertisers Masters of Marketing Conference in Phoenix, Arizona.

AdAge's report, titled, "Xbox One's Data Treasure Trove Could Reshape Marketing," suggests Microsoft could use the likes of Kinect and Xbox One's online functionality to help marketers create more effective advertising placed within the console's dashboard.

The article discusses the potential for Xbox One to make user data available for market research, something it says Mehdi "only hinted at" in his talk.

"We are trying to bridge some of the world between online and offline," Mehdi said.

"That's a little bit of a holy grail in terms of how you understand the consumer in that 360 degrees of their life. We have a pretty unique position at Microsoft because of what we do with digital, as well as more and more with television because of Xbox. It's early days, but we're starting to put that together in more of a unifying way, and hopefully at some point we can start to offer that to advertisers broadly."

One unnamed marketer told AdAge Microsoft could use Xbox One and Kinect to deliver "unprecedented information about how people engage with TV advertising".

When Xbox One was announced Microsoft planned for it to authenticate online once every 24 hours and require Kinect be plugged in to work. Following a backlash it ditched this plan.

But that hasn't stopped many from expressing concern at how Xbox One will handle their data, particularly in the context of the ongoing PRISM scandal and Microsoft's involvement with it.

In an interview with Eurogamer conducted at Microsoft's Redmond Xbox One reveal event in May, Europe chief Phil Harrison denied the company planned to use Kinect to snoop on gamers.

"Microsoft has very, very good policies around privacy," he said. "We're a leader in the world of privacy, I think you'll find. We take it very seriously. We aren't using Kinect to snoop on anybody at all. We listen for the word 'Xbox on' and then switch on the machine, but we don't transmit personal data in any way, shape or form that could be personally identifiable to you, unless you explicitly opt into that."

During his talk, Mehdi discussed how the new and improved Kinect can "distinguish up to six voices in a room, respond to voice commands, read skeletal movement, muscle force, whether people are looking at or away from the TV and even their heart rates", according to AdAge.

Eurogamer contacted Microsoft this morning about the AdAge report. The company declined to offer a spokesperson for an interview, but did point us to a post made this month by director of product planning Albert Penello on NeoGAF in response to a user question about Natural User Interface Advertisements (NuAds).

Penello's statement is reproduced below:

• Well I think there's two things you're asking. NuAds by definition is simply interactive advertising done on the platform. Using the functions of the console and Kinect to interact vs. just watching a spot. There's nothing particularly interesting happening here unless you're in the advertising business, and we've done a few on Xbox 360 today.
  • What I think you're asking about is an interview done earlier in the year where someone was talking about how some of the new Xbox One Kinect features *could* be used in advertising - since we can see expressions, engagement, etc. and how that might be used to target advertising. This is the point that seems to draw some controversy.
  • First - nobody is working on that. We have a lot more interesting and pressing things to dedicate time towards. It was an interview done speculatively, and I'm not aware of any active work in this space.
  • Second - if something like that ever happened, you can be sure it wouldn't happen without the user having control over it. Period.
  • Two examples of how we deal with similar things today:
  • First, Kinect can recognise your face and log you in automatically. There could be some cool features we could enable if we stored that data in the cloud, like being able to be auto-recognised at a friend's. I get asked for that feature a lot. But, for privacy reasons, your facial data doesn't leave the console.
  • Second: You'll see us do some things around Skype that freezes the video when Skype is not in focus (meaning, it's not the primary app). If you go back to the home screen, or launch another app, we actually stop the video stream. We do this so the user can't even ACCIDENTALLY have the video stream going on in the background.
  • I'll say this - we take a lot of heat around stuff we've done and I can roll with it. Some of it is deserved. But preventing Kinect from being used inappropriately is something the team takes very seriously."
-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

another week another scandal, what a ****ing piece of **** Xbone is

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

"We're a leader in the world of privacy,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NSA would disagree

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice

Ahh, da first two posts... :lol: :P

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Geez some people are so paranoid :o MS shouldn't even respond. :P

But they do and I'm certain all in SW will join me in saying.. Thank You MS. :twisted:

Anyhoo, thoughts?

The Story.

----

"Preventing Kinect from being used inappropriately is something the team takes very seriously."

Microsoft has addressed concern over advertising on Xbox One.

Prospective Xbox One owners have worried about Microsoft's plan for user data since the console was announced back in May, but over the weekend a new article heightened the situation.

On 5th October trade publication Advertising Age published a report based on a speech from Yusuf Mehdi, corporate VP marketing and strategy for Microsoft, delivered at the Association of National Advertisers Masters of Marketing Conference in Phoenix, Arizona.

AdAge's report, titled, "Xbox One's Data Treasure Trove Could Reshape Marketing," suggests Microsoft could use the likes of Kinect and Xbox One's online functionality to help marketers create more effective advertising placed within the console's dashboard.

The article discusses the potential for Xbox One to make user data available for market research, something it says Mehdi "only hinted at" in his talk.

"We are trying to bridge some of the world between online and offline," Mehdi said.

"That's a little bit of a holy grail in terms of how you understand the consumer in that 360 degrees of their life. We have a pretty unique position at Microsoft because of what we do with digital, as well as more and more with television because of Xbox. It's early days, but we're starting to put that together in more of a unifying way, and hopefully at some point we can start to offer that to advertisers broadly."

One unnamed marketer told AdAge Microsoft could use Xbox One and Kinect to deliver "unprecedented information about how people engage with TV advertising".

When Xbox One was announced Microsoft planned for it to authenticate online once every 24 hours and require Kinect be plugged in to work. Following a backlash it ditched this plan.

But that hasn't stopped many from expressing concern at how Xbox One will handle their data, particularly in the context of the ongoing PRISM scandal and Microsoft's involvement with it.

In an interview with Eurogamer conducted at Microsoft's Redmond Xbox One reveal event in May, Europe chief Phil Harrison denied the company planned to use Kinect to snoop on gamers.

"Microsoft has very, very good policies around privacy," he said. "We're a leader in the world of privacy, I think you'll find. We take it very seriously. We aren't using Kinect to snoop on anybody at all. We listen for the word 'Xbox on' and then switch on the machine, but we don't transmit personal data in any way, shape or form that could be personally identifiable to you, unless you explicitly opt into that."

During his talk, Mehdi discussed how the new and improved Kinect can "distinguish up to six voices in a room, respond to voice commands, read skeletal movement, muscle force, whether people are looking at or away from the TV and even their heart rates", according to AdAge.

Eurogamer contacted Microsoft this morning about the AdAge report. The company declined to offer a spokesperson for an interview, but did point us to a post made this month by director of product planning Albert Penello on NeoGAF in response to a user question about Natural User Interface Advertisements (NuAds).

Penello's statement is reproduced below:

• Well I think there's two things you're asking. NuAds by definition is simply interactive advertising done on the platform. Using the functions of the console and Kinect to interact vs. just watching a spot. There's nothing particularly interesting happening here unless you're in the advertising business, and we've done a few on Xbox 360 today.
  • What I think you're asking about is an interview done earlier in the year where someone was talking about how some of the new Xbox One Kinect features *could* be used in advertising - since we can see expressions, engagement, etc. and how that might be used to target advertising. This is the point that seems to draw some controversy.
  • First - nobody is working on that. We have a lot more interesting and pressing things to dedicate time towards. It was an interview done speculatively, and I'm not aware of any active work in this space.
  • Second - if something like that ever happened, you can be sure it wouldn't happen without the user having control over it. Period.
  • Two examples of how we deal with similar things today:
  • First, Kinect can recognise your face and log you in automatically. There could be some cool features we could enable if we stored that data in the cloud, like being able to be auto-recognised at a friend's. I get asked for that feature a lot. But, for privacy reasons, your facial data doesn't leave the console.
  • Second: You'll see us do some things around Skype that freezes the video when Skype is not in focus (meaning, it's not the primary app). If you go back to the home screen, or launch another app, we actually stop the video stream. We do this so the user can't even ACCIDENTALLY have the video stream going on in the background.
  • I'll say this - we take a lot of heat around stuff we've done and I can roll with it. Some of it is deserved. But preventing Kinect from being used inappropriately is something the team takes very seriously."

SecretPolice

I knew about these penello comments already.   This is a big nonissue.   Cows are desperate ly trying to make themselves look better as their supposed power difference isnt showing and they have a lack of games compared to xbo.     they are stuck with a equal footing console for graphics, and theu cant compete anywhere else.  Smell dat desperation.  :roll:.   Nice article to trounce damiens article.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-07-microsoft-moves-to-calm-fear-over-xbox-one-advertising

"...."Microsoft has very, very good policies around privacy," he said. "We're a leader in the world of privacy, I think you'll find. We take it very seriously. We aren't using Kinect to snoop on anybody at all. We listen for the word 'Xbox on' and then switch on the machine, but we don't transmit personal data in any way, shape or form that could be personally identifiable to you, unless you explicitly opt into that."

soooo, you do snoop on people, right?

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

SecretPolice
Sad isn't it? Damien's post doesn't even make sense considering the topic and kremlin-co could not add anything to a conversation to save his life.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
Good to see its been debunked but I am not sure people are willing to believe this is the case. A post Snowdon world has made the kinnect a very tough sell for Microsoft, regardless of what the realities might be.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 timbers_WSU

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-07-microsoft-moves-to-calm-fear-over-xbox-one-advertising

"...."Microsoft has very, very good policies around privacy," he said. "We're a leader in the world of privacy, I think you'll find. We take it very seriously. We aren't using Kinect to snoop on anybody at all. We listen for the word 'Xbox on' and then switch on the machine, but we don't transmit personal data in any way, shape or form that could be personally identifiable to you, unless you explicitly opt into that."

soooo, you do snoop on people, right?

-Damien-
You know that is not what Albert is saying. You are just obsessed with seeing something fail because of your love for another piece of plastic. That shows how pathetic some of you Cows have became lately. Time to take a break from videogames.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XBOunity

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

timbers_WSU

Sad isn't it? Damien's post doesn't even make sense considering the topic and kremlin-co could not ad anything to a conversation to save his life.

This was talked about by penello.  They arent doing mining etc.   This is desperation on the ones that have the graphically inferior shadowfall game to ryse and some garbage driveclub and knack as exclusives.  

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

timbers_WSU

Sad isn't it? Damien's post doesn't even make sense considering the topic and kremlin-co could not ad anything to a conversation to save his life.

Yup, soooo typical and makes ya wonder because the usual suspects here aren't so much Sony fans but rather bombastic anti MS/Xbox evrything who's sole purpose it seems is to crucify MS/Xbox. :?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

This is a bit off topic, but I'm sick of this waiting game. I wan these consoles to be released now!

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XBOunity

Good to see its been debunked but I am not sure people are willing to believe this is the case. A post Snowdon world has made the kinnect a very tough sell for Microsoft, regardless of what the realities might be.cakeorrdeath

All those penello comments were before this article by the way so those comments arent reactionary.   Sonygaf poster w!cked was asking him penello directly about this.  Time stamped and all.  U guys want the link let me know

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

This is a bit off topic, but I'm sick of this waiting game. I wan these consoles to be released now!

BluRayHiDef
Agreed, and the fact I already have both paid off makes the wait even worse!!!
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
ooh, damiens mad :lol: Probably due to all the games the PS4 doesn't have
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]Good to see its been debunked but I am not sure people are willing to believe this is the case. A post Snowdon world has made the kinnect a very tough sell for Microsoft, regardless of what the realities might be.XBOunity

All those penello comments were before this article by the way so those comments arent reactionary.   Sonygaf poster w!cked was asking him penello directly about this.  Time stamped and all.  U guys want the link let me know

Not sure what your reply ( whilst completely valid)has to do with my post :s
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice

Good to see its been debunked but I am not sure people are willing to believe this is the case. A post Snowdon world has made the kinnect a very tough sell for Microsoft, regardless of what the realities might be.cakeorrdeath
For me and many others, Snowdon only served to confirm our suspicions and I for one have been saying for decades that huge, ever growing big Gov ( big brother ) is out of control and drunk on power & control. Sad, sad state of affairs these days. :?

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts
ooh, damiens mad :lol: Probably due to all the games the PS4 doesn't haveRR360DD
agreed PS4 feels kind empty so far so i might end getting both consoles after all ! i dont even care about the wasted cash Lmao. l
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]ooh, damiens mad :lol: Probably due to all the games the PS4 doesn't haveOpus_Rea-333
agreed PS4 feels kind empty so far so i might end getting both consoles after all ! i dont even care about the wasted cash Lmao. l

XBONE has the best launch window line-up since the Dreamcast. Microsoft and the third parties brought it. Too bad most of the third party games will be cross gen titles but at least they are quality games.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

SecretPolice

Come is funny that each and every time something bad happen because of MS own fault they come a few days latter and act like everything will be fine,first off some one from MS is talking openly about Kinect spying on you for add reasons,and they talk about it in a way like it is great,people light the torches,and MS comes in defence mode and full damage control.

If MS doesn't want people to be mad about Kinect,they should stop saying stupid things like what was say,if they do that and stop making stupid statements,then they will not look so bad next day trying to calm people.

Ms hasn't been very straigth forward about the xbox one policies from the start so yeah anything they say to fix a so call problems,will be taken with a truck load of salt.

If i ever get and xbox one,kinect will not be connected in any way..

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XBOunity

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

tormentos

Come is funny that each and every time something bad happen because of MS own fault they come a few days latter and act like everything will be fine,first off some one from MS is talking openly about Kinect spying on you for add reasons,and they talk about it in a way like it is great,people light the torches,and MS comes in defence mode and full damage control.

If MS doesn't want people to be mad about Kinect,they should stop saying stupid things like what was say,if they do that and stop making stupid statements,then they will not look so bad next day trying to calm people.

Ms hasn't been very straigth forward about the xbox one policies from the start so yeah anything day say to fix a so call problems,will be taken with a truck load of salt.

If i ever get and xbox one,kinect will not be connected in any way..

Penellos statements were before article

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

timbers_WSU

Sad isn't it? Damien's post doesn't even make sense considering the topic and kremlin-co could not add anything to a conversation to save his life.

i dont know why every post you make is so full of irony, oh wait, i know, because you are a joke.

Its incredibly funny that a company talks about taking privacy very seriously when it has already been proven over and over it has given personal information left and right, or did people alreaady forget the nsa scandal and the free pass microsoft gave them?

Xbots before nsa scandal: people are paranoid!

After nsa scandal: who cares xbone da number 1 huehuehuehe

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

That's true, but oh well. For those than can read and comprehend things will be fine. Your current cell phone collects, shares, and watches you far more than your Xbox One. People make mountains out of molehills, and thats coming froim a husband and father who will have a Xbox One in the home. Becasaue I can read and am aware of how new technilogy works, I have no worries so long as I know and can see that I have choice in what is shared. 

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos

XBOunity

Yes and this is not new by the way,trying to act like if because panello post dismiss this because it was made before the comment is a joke,Panello responce in neogaf was damage control,the whole kinect getting data from your home to sell to 3rd parties is not new is even older than Panello neogaf account dude.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

tormentos

Yes and this is not new by the way,trying to act like if because panello post dismiss this because it was made before the comment is a joke,Panello responce in neogaf was damage control,the whole kinect getting data from your home to sell to 3rd parties is not new is even older than Panello neogaf account dude.

Which is why wicked asked.  The whole hooopla was stirred because of the article which was speculative to begin with.     If its that much of a concern just disconnnect it.   Not a big deal.  Sorry your launch sucks and that you have to focus on this my dude.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

BluRayHiDef

its cumin just hang in there ok bossman.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tormentos

Which is why wicked asked.  The whole hooopla was stirred because of the article which was speculative to begin with.     If its that much of a concern just disconnnect it.   Not a big deal.  Sorry your launch sucks and that you have to focus on this my dude.

XBOunity

Dude Panello comment does not shut down this,and the comment about this are way older than Panello own account on Neogaf.

if you disconnect Kinect you miss all the functions it has,so yeah people may be face with a dilema,disconnect it and waste part of your money,or connect it and deal with MS intrucion and ways of colleting data.

How does the PS4 launch sucks.?

Have you play of its games.?

Have you play all xbox one games.?

I know you are a bit insecure about your purchase but dude don't flame the other console line up because of yours.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

The only people who genuinely "feared" Xbox privacy policies were those who had absolutely no intension of buying an X1 in the first place, it was just another easy way to make MS seem like the evil American giant invading the living room spying on the population. Sensationalist bullcrap.

If MS want to keep an eye on the movies I watch and games I play so they can advertise movies I might like and games i might like directly to me I have absolutely no problem with that. 

The people who moan about advertising are the same people who happily sit through 3 minutes of indirect blanket television advertisment getting talked to about tampons, prefume and cereal waiting for Breaking Bad to come back on. 

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
The xbone spies on you. Stay away from it.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice

The only people who genuinely "feared" Xbox privacy policies were those who had absolutely no intension of buying an X1 in the first place, it was just another easy way to make MS seem like the evil American giant invading the living room spying on the population. Sensationalist bullcrap.

If MS want to keep an eye on the movies I watch and games I play so they can advertise movies I might like and games i might like directly to me I have absolutely no problem with that.

The people who moan about advertising are the same people who happily sit through 3 minutes of indirect blanket television advertisment getting talked to about tampons, prefume and cereal waiting for Breaking Bad to come back on.

always_explicit

Ya just made liars out of those who say ya can't find Truth on da intranet. :P

+100 - agreed.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
"unprecedented information about how people engage with TV advertising". so instead of upwards of 65% of their focus on capsule gaming they have shifted their focus..:lol:
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
More good news for the Xbone.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shawn30

always_explicit
Amen. Hell, the new S
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shawn30

always_explicit

always_explicit
Amen. Hell, the new Smart TV commercial touts how it tracks what you watch and makes suggestions. But I bet you have the option of turning that off. Just like any other tracking software on your laptop/desktop OS. Like in your browser. Like in your cell phone. and like in your Xbox One. If you don't want to participate then don't do it. But don't act like you haven't been already for years with your cellphone/laptop/tablet, lol. Data is collected every second of every day, period.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

NSA would disagree

Krelian-co
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/30/microsoft-privacy-chief-nsa No wonder they are sweating bullets these days.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

I dunno.. the fact that it's even there just "urks" me. When I buy the console it's unlikely that I'll even take the Kinect out of the box.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I dunno.. the fact that it's even there just "urks" me. When I buy the console it's unlikely that I'll even take the Kinect out of the box.

Zophar87
And if it does come out the box it should in the trash where it belongs!!!
NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

Zophar87

Yeah, call me paranoid, but you'd have a hard time selling me a highly advanced camera aiming to be set in one's living room.

It just doesn't feel... right.

EDIT: Wow, GS is broken today, no matter what I do, it keeps duplicating my posts. If they're already redesigning the entire site, it better work properly right from the start, they had more than enough time to iron out crap like this!

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
I kind of feel bad for MS. It's like people are going to every single MS conference, looking up every single thing an MS employee says to find something to bash MS about. Feel bad for them, but then again, they are in this position because of their actions.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

NSA would disagree

Shewgenja

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/30/microsoft-privacy-chief-nsa No wonder they are sweating bullets these days.

shh its all a conspiracy made by people who dont like xbox according to lembots, microsoft said they would never give your information or sell it to win money from ads and marketing, they said so, so it must be true.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts
i'm touched to see how much care Microsoft has put into making the perfect, unique experience for each individual user. this is why Microsoft will continue to be the leader of the industry.