Microsoft is the real monster.

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Skippyj9
Member since 2004 • 2825 Posts
People are all complaining about Sony, but the fact is that any company as large as Sony or Microsoft has to stomp on many dreams and screw over many people to get that large. But what Sony has done is nothing compared to Microsoft.
Remember DOS? Well DOS was developed by SCP (Seattle Computer Products) and bought by Microsoft for $75,000 and then sold by Microsoft to IBM for $1,000,000. SCP knew that Microsoft planned on re-selling DOS, but had no idea that they would be re-selling to a large company, let alone a company as large as IBM. SCP took Microsoft to court and Microsoft ended up having to pay SCP another $1,000,000.
Microsoft has been fined a total of 497 million euros by the EU. Initially, Microsoft was fined 300 million euros and then another 1.5 million each day for six months. This was over Microsoft breaking anti-trust laws by bundling Windows Media Player with Windows, an attempt to control the audio market.
Microsoft has even ripped off Sony. They cracked Sony’s Soundstage to produce sound files to use for Windows Media Player, an intellectual property violation.
The United States has even taken Microsoft to court for bundling Internet Explorer with Windows, a problem that still exists today. This case was mostly during the Clinton administration. The charges were that Microsoft was abusing their monopoly of the operating system market to monopolize the internet browser market. The Clinton administration was close to forcing Microsoft to split into two companies, one for Internet Explorer and one for Windows to solve the problem, but then Clinton’s second term ended and Bush came into office. Bush quickly closed the case, not wishing to split the company up. Several forbidden however.
Microsoft has a inside slogan, "Embrace, extend and extinguish" for their monopolistic ways. The slogan has become under fire from the United States and European Union.
I would not be surprised if Microsoft began offering free 360s with purchases of Vista. I for one do not wish for Microsoft’s anti-competition ways to enter the game industry. Because all Microsoft would have to do is offer a free 360 with the purchase of Windows and they could quickly gain control of the gaming market. Sure this would be illegal, but as you see, the illegality of Microsoft’s anti-competition ways have not stopped them before.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Don't let Chutup read this, or he won't buy a 360 or Windows!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25366246

This is is ANTISONY BOYCOTT thread because of BMG...crazy!

All big Corps are bad, but does their device entertain me?

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.
-DarthVader-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -DarthVader-
Member since 2003 • 12590 Posts
Yes lets forget sonys

Racist commerical
Lies
Arrogant ways
Spyware on music CD's
Poor quality Ps2 hardware

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Do you have any console related lies from M$, unlike sony who is full of them.

Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Skippyj9
I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.cobrax25
I stated that at the beginning of my post. Most large companies have screwed over many people, but people on this forum have been posting many topics about Sony and I have seen none on Microsoft's ways.
Bonez_Mahoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bonez_Mahoney
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

dont have the time to read all that, does it have anything to do with video games?

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cobrax25
yes no doubt Microsoft isnt a shining angel, you would have to be naive to think any coorparation was.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.cobrax25
Yeah, that's just like looking at 3 pieces of crap and trying to convince people that one of them doesn't smell...
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidTy

Do you have any console related lies from M$, unlike sony who is full of them.

mathew952

Console Related Lies, so we just look there and nowhere else? Why only there...uh-huh.

What if someone could answer that, would you really care? NO, you wouldn't. And yes, M$ did pull some shenanigans with teh Xbox Hype, but that's what they all do so I don't care.

Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Skippyj9
Yes lets forget sonys

Racist commerical
Lies
Arrogant ways
Spyware on music CD's

-DarthVader-
So you're going to ingnore Microsoft's Lies (which have costed Microsoft over a billion dollars in fines) Intellectual property violations (illegal) Monopolistic ways (illegal) ???
klactose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 klactose
Member since 2003 • 1167 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.Skippyj9
I stated that at the beginning of my post. Most large companies have screwed over many people, but people on this forum have been posting many topics about Sony and I have seen none on Microsoft's ways.

You just haven't looked hard enough
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
To add, it still doesn't make it right though.
nanomecha4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nanomecha4
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts
[QUOTE="Skippyj9"]People are all complaining about Sony, but the fact is that any company as large as Sony or Microsoft has to stomp on many dreams and screw over many people to get that large. But what Sony has done is nothing compared to Microsoft.
Remember DOS? Well DOS was developed by SCP (Seattle Computer Products) and bought by Microsoft for $75,000 and then sold by Microsoft to IBM for $1,000,000. SCP knew that Microsoft planned on re-selling DOS, but had no idea that they would be re-selling to a large company, let alone a company as large as IBM. SCP took Microsoft to court and Microsoft ended up having to pay SCP another $1,000,000.
Microsoft has been fined a total of 497 million euros by the EU. Initially, Microsoft was fined 300 million euros and then another 1.5 million each day for six months. This was over Microsoft breaking anti-trust laws by bundling Windows Media Player with Windows, an attempt to control the audio market.
Microsoft has even ripped off Sony. They cracked Sony’s Soundstage to produce sound files to use for Windows Media Player, an intellectual property violation.
The United States has even taken Microsoft to court for bundling Internet Explorer with Windows, a problem that still exists today. This case was mostly during the Clinton administration. The charges were that Microsoft was abusing their monopoly of the operating system market to monopolize the internet browser market. The Clinton administration was close to forcing Microsoft to split into two companies, one for Internet Explorer and one for Windows to solve the problem, but then Clinton’s second term ended and Bush came into office. Bush quickly closed the case, not wishing to split the company up. Several forbidden however.
Microsoft has a inside slogan, "Embrace, extend and extinguish" for their monopolistic ways. The slogan has become under fire from the United States and European Union.
I would not be surprised if Microsoft began offering free 360s with purchases of Vista. I for one do not wish for Microsoft’s anti-competition ways to enter the game industry. Because all Microsoft would have to do is offer a free 360 with the purchase of Windows and they could quickly gain control of the gaming market. Sure this would be illegal, but as you see, the illegality of Microsoft’s anti-competition ways have not stopped them before.

Well Wrriten. Highly Approved
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidTy

yes no doubt Microsoft isnt a shining angel, you would have to be naive to think any coorparation was.cobrax25

Some people that post on these boards are naive.

OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts

yes they are monster soo?? all companies care about profit as long as there is competition the consumers are the ones that wins

nanomecha4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nanomecha4
Microsoft also had developers copy games like Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry, Animal Crossing, Metal Gear Solid, and create wannabe versions of the games.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

This is such a stupid thread. Making money is the only goal in business, and turning the market into a monopoly is the best way to do it. If Nintendo or Sony were given the chance at a monopoly in gaming, do you honestly think they would turn it down? Hell no.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]yes no doubt Microsoft isnt a shining angel, you would have to be naive to think any coorparation was.SolidTy

Sometimes that's a blessing. We don't need to know all the wrongs of the world, or we wouldn't survive it.
-DarthVader-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -DarthVader-
Member since 2003 • 12590 Posts
[QUOTE="-DarthVader-"]Yes lets forget sonys

Racist commerical
Lies
Arrogant ways
Spyware on music CD's

Skippyj9
So you're going to ingnore Microsoft's Lies (which have costed Microsoft over a billion dollars in fines) Intellectual property violations (illegal) Monopolistic ways (illegal) ???

No but i am not going to stop being mad at sony.

MS game division has done alot right for gamers.

Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Skippyj9

This is such a stupid thread. Making money is the only goal in business, and turning the market into a monopoly is the best way to do it. If Nintendo or Sony were given the chance at a monopoly in gaming, do you honestly think they would turn it down? Hell no.

Gamer556
You do understand that monopolistic actions are illegal don't you? Microsoft has lost of 1 billion dollars because of their monopolistic actions.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gamer556

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.Skippyj9

What dirty, greedy acts has Microsoft done with their gaming division? Not much at all. This is a gaming forum, not a computer software forum.

nanomecha4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nanomecha4
[QUOTE="Gamer556"]

This is such a stupid thread. Making money is the only goal in business, and turning the market into a monopoly is the best way to do it. If Nintendo or Sony were given the chance at a monopoly in gaming, do you honestly think they would turn it down? Hell no.

Skippyj9
You do understand that monopolistic actions are illegal don't you? Microsoft has lost of 1 billion dollars because of their monopolistic actions.

True.
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Skippyj9
[QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="-DarthVader-"]Yes lets forget sonys

Racist commerical
Lies
Arrogant ways
Spyware on music CD's

-DarthVader-

No but i am not going to stop being mad at sony.

MS game division has done alot right for gamers.

Ok, I get your point now. I've also edited my title, people should be mad at Sony, it should have said "Stop being only mad at Sony" because you're right, there are many reasons to be mad at Sony, and I don't want people to think I don't think that. The point of my post was that Microsoft's monopolistic ways are much worse.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]yes no doubt Microsoft isnt a shining angel, you would have to be naive to think any coorparation was.KungfuKitten

Sometimes that's a blessing. We don't need to know all the wrongs of the world, or we wouldn't survive it.

Wow...so true.

Ignorance is Bliss...

Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Felous1
Member since 2006 • 4557 Posts
You can be mad at Microsoft if you want to. But stop being mad at Sony ?

"The President of Sony BMG's global digital business division Thomas Hesse has weighed into the storm over the 'rootkit'-forbidden restriction software introduced on some recent audio CDs.

Sony's software installs itself by stealth, conceals itself, then intercepts low level Windows systems calls. Removing it causes the CD drive to be rendered inoperable. The only cure is to reformat the disk and reinstall Windows.

What responsibility did Hesse feel for the havoc his CDs had caused?

"Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they care about it?" he huffed.

I think we can take that as: "No responsibility at all."

(Hesse made his comments on NPR radio on Friday - you can hear them here, 1m:50s into the short report.)

But IT departments beg to differ.

A support manager at an IT department in a medium sized corporation told us that a CD-borne infection of Sony DRM is already causing his team headaches.

A major antivirus vendor diagnosed the problem as a nasty case of DRM, he told us, but the problem didn't end there. The Sony 'root kit' causes the antivirus software to go haywire, popping up alerts at the rate of one a second.

Three systems have so far been flattened, he said. The original culprit was a Van Zant CD - from Sony BMG.

And it gets worse.

On Sunday Mark Russinovich of Sysinternals.com, whose forensics last week identified the DRM as a 'rootkit' forbidden a look at the patch subsequently issued by First4Internet, the British company which wrote the crippleware.

All the patch does is force XP to issue Windows commands (eg, "net stop") that disable the driver. Because XP is a multithreaded OS, this is a brute force procedure that can cause the system to crash if resources are in contention.

Russinovich also notes that the Sony DRM software still contains vulnerabilities that expose a system to a potential blue screen of death. Instead of exiting gracefully and returning standard Windows system errors, the DRM exits disgracefully.

Which, we suggest, is exactly what Sony's Herr Hesse should be considering right now."

Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Skippyj9

[QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.Gamer556

What dirty, greedy acts has Microsoft done with their gaming division? Not much at all. This is a gaming forum, not a computer software forum.

(I hate defending my topics, it leads to needless, off-topic arguments usually but...) If you read my post, in the future Microsoft could very well bundle 360s with Windows and monopolize the gaming market. And we don't want that.
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Skippyj9
You can be mad at Microsoft if you want to. But stop being mad at Sony ?

Felous1

Yeah, I changed my topic title. It was bad wording.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gamer556
[QUOTE="Gamer556"]

Skippyj9

I understand that Microsoft has been fined for illegal acts, and that's fine, but they can't be punished for outselling their competitors by a large margin. There is nothing illegal about that.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SolidTy

Don't forget the French Poet, Baudelaire :

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was

convincing the world he didn't exist"

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cobrax25
[QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="Gamer556"]

Gamer556

I understand that Microsoft has been fined for illegal acts, and that's fine, but they can't be punished for outselling their competitors by a large margin. There is nothing illegal about that.

Yes there is, there are monopolazation laws, many of them actually, that prevent domination of the market.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gamer556
[QUOTE="Gamer556"]

[QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.Skippyj9

(I hate defending my topics, it leads to needless, off-topic arguments usually but...) If you read my post, in the future Microsoft could very well bundle 360s with Windows and monopolize the gaming market. And we don't want that.

And Sony could package PS3's with their TVs, and Nintendo could package DSes with their Wii's. Why don't you make a thread about that as well?

Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Skippyj9
[QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="Gamer556"]

[QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.Gamer556

And Sony could package PS3's with their TVs, and Nintendo could package DSes with their Wii's. Why don't you make a thread about that as well?

Because there's no evidence to support Nintendo or Sony would do that. Microsoft has been known to have monopolistic tendencies.
freakout247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 freakout247
Member since 2004 • 843 Posts
It's just business my friend, state all of the facts you want, it doesn't make their console better or worse just because they've been sued, LOL
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Felous1
Member since 2006 • 4557 Posts
Because there's no evidence to support Nintendo or Sony would do that. Microsoft has been known to have monopolistic tendencies.Skippyj9
And Sony has been screwing up people's computers with their CDs. Does that mean Sony will be shipping their future games with spywares again ?
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gamer556
[QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="Gamer556"]

cobrax25

Yes there is, there are monopolazation laws, many of them actually, that prevent domination of the market.

Yes, but there are no laws stopping consumers from buying what they want. The government can try and hault Microsoft's OS monopoly all they want, but they can never truly stopit as long as people keep buying Windows.

If you guys really want to fight the power, get off your Windows computers and go buy a copy of Mac or Linux. There's nothing stopping you.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SolidTy
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="Gamer556"]

Gamer556

Yes, but there are no laws stopping consumers from buying what they want. The government can try and hault Microsoft's OS monopoly all they want, but they can never truly stopit as long as people keep buying Windows.

If you guys really want to fight the power, get off your Windows computers and go buy a copy of Mac or Linux. There's nothing stopping you.

Maybe they have...

Maybe you missed my post :

Don't forget the French Poet, Baudelaire :

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was

convincing the world he didn't exist"

Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts
If they make a good console with good games on it, I really don't care.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

Racist commerical
Lies
Arrogant ways
Spyware on music CD's

Skippyj9

sony and ms does all those. so go buy nintendo :P
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Skippyj9

Gamer556

How about you just stop posting right now. You just owned yourself because I'm sitting in my living room right now with my Macbook...
ledzeppelin667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ledzeppelin667
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts

I liked this post i made a bit ago and it applies fairly well to the topic so i will repost it.

it is a common misconception that sony,microsoft ect are heartless corperations concerned with making tons of money. in reality most corperations are made up of many decent people that want to make the company they work for the best one, they do this by making their respective product as best they can. Bill Gates has much more money than he is capable of spending but yet he does not retire. He dosnt do this because he wants more money, he wants to make his company the best one. Sony is the same way, they wanted to make the best system even though they knew it would not fair well initially with a high price tag. As far as ethics are concerned everything Sony has said or done is just to compete against other companys, it is no different than what sony and nintendo have done.   

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gamer556
[QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="Gamer556"]

[QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]I am amazed at how many people dont understand the fact that all Corparations are out to make money, they all twist, bully, and steal, all the time.Skippyj9

Because there's no evidence to support Nintendo or Sony would do that. Microsoft has been known to have monopolistic tendencies.

No evidence? How about common sense. Nintendo and Sony would jump on a monopoly in a second, just like any other company out there. They're not charity organizations.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidTy

If they make a good console with good games on it, I really don't care.Raidea

Exactly. We should all be more like that. Honestly, these companies just want to entertain us, and all fun aside, some people take this gaming way to seriously.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gamer556
[QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="Gamer556"]

Skippyj9

How about you just stop posting right now. You just owned yourself because I'm sitting in my living room right now with my Macbook...

Great. Now it is up to you to convince the rest of the world that they are commiting a crime by purchasing Windows.

You do that while I accept my "ownage".

Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Skippyj9
[QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="Skippyj9"][QUOTE="Gamer556"]

No evidence? How about common sense. Nintendo and Sony would jump on a monopoly in a second, just like any other company out there. They're not charity organizations.

Please, just stop. You already owned yourself by telling me to go buy a Mac when I own a Macbook. Now you have no logic. Sony and Nintendo can't monopolize the gaming market because they are competing against Microsoft who already has a monopoly so anything Sony and Nintendo attempts could easily be shot down by Microsoft by using their monopoly. It's EXTREMELY difficult to gain a monopoly without one already, let alone competing against another company with a monopoly already. Actually, please keeping posting nonsense in my topic if you want, it will just bump it.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cobrax25

Gamer556

Its much more complicated then that. I have nowhere near enough time to explain it...but... there are Anti-Trust laws that prevent unfair buisness practices...Among these are Price-Fixing, and Vender Lock-In. Price Fixing is the Lowering of Prices, by a large coorparation, in order to eliminate all compitation, and then too skyrocket costs, in order to take advantage of no compitition on a neccesary Item. Vendor lock-in involves a similar processes, of making situations where it is neaarly impossible to switch to another vender. the 2 biggest examples of Monopolies are MS, and IBM. MS for obvious reasons.... and IBM for controlling nearly all the compter Hardware market, you may not know this, but no matter what console is sold, IBM makes money. Other Past Monopolies included AT&T, Boing, and most importantly, Rockafeller oil which is why we have Monopoly preventions in place.
beyondgamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 beyondgamez
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts

Racist commerical
Lies
Arrogant ways
Spyware on music CD's

Skippyj9

dont forget poor quality 360 hardware..the red light of death..
solidsnakeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 solidsnakeo
Member since 2003 • 1559 Posts
yeah nintendo screwed sony over with the snes cd and now sony is seen as the bad people
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

Yes lets forget sonys

Racist commerical
Lies
Arrogant ways
Spyware on music CD's
-DarthVader-

Microsoft has:

Work before Family mentality
Lies
Arrogant ways
Spyware on EVERYTHING
Poor quality Xbox and Xbox 360 hardware
Poor quality Windows... constant bugs.

Microsoft is just as bad if not worse than Sony... :?

ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
In the Console World, it goes like this. Nintendo - Ultimate Evil Sony - Harvenger of Souls Microsoft - Saint