Microsoft is teh DOOMED! Yahoo reports....

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] I wouldn't care if better competitors get in but right now if Sony goes M$ will dominate and that is the worst thing that could happen to any industry. I can't think of a worse option, not even Activision or Apple would be worse. The best thing that could happen to gaming is to M$ to disappear and a better competitor to take over or at least for the rest of competitors to balance themselves in a non monopolistic structure.kuraimen

I already know that MS killed your dog.

I did not ask about MS. I asked about Sony. You cannot possibly know what would or would not happen with MS or other competitors entering the market if Sony went under. You specifically stated that a death can lead to another's birth.

So, please answer the question again without referring to MS in your response.

Why can't I refer to M$ in my post? What kind of moronic restriction is that to shape an answer to your liking lol. I used the word can not will. That means that there's the possibility. With M$ there's better possibility for a change for better than with Sony. If you don't like my answer cry more.

Of course you can refer to MS in your post. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I just wanted to see if you could make a post without frothing at the mouth with your MS hate.

And I wanted to see how far your hypocrisy goes.

I have my answers. So thank you.:lol:

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="SUD123456"]

I already know that MS killed your dog.

I did not ask about MS. I asked about Sony. You cannot possibly know what would or would not happen with MS or other competitors entering the market if Sony went under. You specifically stated that a death can lead to another's birth.

So, please answer the question again without referring to MS in your response.

SUD123456

Why can't I refer to M$ in my post? What kind of moronic restriction is that to shape an answer to your liking lol. I used the word can not will. That means that there's the possibility. With M$ there's better possibility for a change for better than with Sony. If you don't like my answer cry more.

Of course you can refer to MS in your post. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I just wanted to see if you could make a post without frothing at the mouth with your MS hate.

very weak kid very weak, even from you.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
The article itself is utter **** in many regards. But they're right in pointing out how Microsoft has been on the decline, and that's for more reasons then focusing on Ballmer or hardware units - the internal beaurocracy of Microsoft is often pointed out to be an indication of the companies slow, slow death. And companies have their ups and downs. Microsoft isn't likely to be the juggernaught it was in the 90s, ever again - and that's fine by me. Business has changed dramatically since then, and whilst they are on the decline people are too quick to try and signal the company suddenly imploding. Are they going? Hell no.
Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
a moment of silence for microsoft please
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

They'll be just fine, stock price remains good but I will acknowledge one thing, I've never seen MSFT with such a low buy recommendation..

Rating: 3 out of 10 :shock: Normally a 9 out of 10.

Eh WTH, MS is doooooomed I tell ya, dooooomed. :P

TheEroica

Curious, what is sonys and Nintendos buy ranking?

Sony...

NA
Rating: NA out of 10
Analyst Rating: NA

Nintendo...

NA
Rating: NA out of 10
Analyst Rating: NA
:lol:
And Nope, I didn't make this up :P
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

Until there is an actual viable desktop option to windows on a mass platform basis, I think Microsoft will be fine. Macs are too expensive and Linux is still in the hands of those who are not pushing it for a mass auidence marketplace. Windows 8 will probably fail as the next year passes, its obviously not a desktop OS and I cant imagine it to be used in the business/workplace sector. So yeah, I think they are in a bit of a dip, but nothing that anyone should really be worried about. If they flop the next console and flop their follow up OS, then I believe they shall be in big trouble.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22653 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

They'll be just fine, stock price remains good but I will acknowledge one thing, I've never seen MSFT with such a low buy recommendation..

SecretPolice

Curious, what is sonys and Nintendos buy ranking?

Sony...

NARating: NA out of 10 Analyst Rating: NA

Nintendo...

NARating: NA out of 10 Analyst Rating: NA :lol:And Nope, I didn't make this up :P

Um wow... so they dont want their neck on the line for giving a score or they really dont know? I have friends that trade heavily and the sentiment is avoid sony at all cost... nintendo i have no idea.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

SecretPolice
MS is low because they don't have any growth room at the minute. All their newer products have been pretty much disasters. Windows, office, xbox, etc are all solid brands but the room for expansion within their markets is pretty much non-existent, if anything its likely to shrink considerably. Thats why MS has been so desperate to get a piece of the phone and tablet market (and failing)
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Curious, what is sonys and Nintendos buy ranking?TheEroica

Sony...

Nintendo...

NARating: NA out of 10 Analyst Rating: NA :lol:And Nope, I didn't make this up :P

Um wow... so they dont want their neck on the line for giving a score or they really dont know? I have friends that trade heavily and the sentiment is avoid sony at all cost... nintendo i have no idea.

Not many here do this but I must - TBH, the NA rating may be the result of them both being non North America based companies. :oops:

But I don't know that for certain, just a guess. :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

blue_hazy_basic

MS is low because they don't have any growth room at the minute. All their newer products have been pretty much disasters. Windows, office, xbox, etc are all solid brands but the room for expansion within their markets is pretty much non-existent, if anything its likely to shrink considerably. Thats why MS has been so desperate to get a piece of the phone and tablet market (and failing)

Yeah, agreed, it's a bit tough right now but by no means is MS in any real trouble ... ATM anyway. :P

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Why can't I refer to M$ in my post? What kind of moronic restriction is that to shape an answer to your liking lol. I used the word can not will. That means that there's the possibility. With M$ there's better possibility for a change for better than with Sony. If you don't like my answer cry more.kuraimen

very weak kid very weak, even from you.

Thank you again. That made my day.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Sony...

Nintendo...

NARating: NA out of 10 Analyst Rating: NA :lol:And Nope, I didn't make this up :P SecretPolice

Not many here do this but I must - TBH, the NA rating may be the result of them both being non North America based companies. :oops:

But I don't know that for certain, just a guess. :P

That makes sense.... both being japanese. The market intrigues me and at times i want to jump in but im too chicken My buddy makes bank on 2k. He buys at the right time and sells after gta or bioshock or rdr releases and he quadruples his loot. Smart
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts
so from this thread I gather I should sell my 360 then? Wow, real shame that is.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 TheEroica  Moderator
so from this thread I gather I should sell my 360 then? Wow, real shame that is.Heil68
Haha how did u come to that? Shiit heil even the article calls the xbox a "big bright spot" for its massive success....
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#165 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] What exactly is the catch all in that response? People celebrating the death of microsoft or sony means that 10,000's or 100,000's will lose their jobs. Whats your complaint with my response but not those celebrating a gaming company's collapse?

That's a pretty shallow analysis considering a company's death can mean other companies' birth. And companies can harm the industry more than help it so yeah it's a gut response with not much analysis in between.

Funny, your comment comes off as more of a gut response... in the economic condition the world is in right now the goal is stability and I think at this time its on everyones mind that companies remain profitable and stable as to not further burden the working class with extra dipping into their pockets to support those without jobs... blue hazy basics comments are easily seen as showing sensitivity to the world economic market and the thousands if not millions of lives it effects to some capacity when a major company goes under. Your hypothetical gut response about one company dying and giving birth to new ones is just that.... hypothetical and in all honesty not what the world needs right now.

however, to escalate the conversation to people losing their jobs is an argument killer. It is the same as saying "agree with me or you support the terrorists". If you drop the nuclear option in every argument then you remove the ability to debate. Also, it is best for an economy when there is aggressive competition. Keeping something going that needs to be rebuilt or repaired or even replaced costs more jobs than it saves.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]so from this thread I gather I should sell my 360 then? Wow, real shame that is.TheEroica
Haha how did u come to that? Shiit heil even the article calls the xbox a "big bright spot" for its massive success....

Lol you still are not able to read.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]so from this thread I gather I should sell my 360 then? Wow, real shame that is.TheEroica

Well bad fininaicals, people getitng fired and or leaving and you're never on Live either. That is Doom. Least I know better than buying Kinect(lol) 2.0
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#168 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
right now, all those negatives are inevitable, but there is a lot of time before they become a devestating problem. In that time, their tablet and phone presence will have developed much more. Their business software will have evolved. They are well aware of their own challenges. I don't see the big issue here.