Microsoft is teh DOOMED! Yahoo reports....

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#101 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Same can be said of sony... good riddance.TheEroica
No, Sony is not so bad...

Get off the cross kuraimen, someone else needs the wood... sony isnt some holy savior of gaming, never was never will be... they all want your money and theyll go to great lengths to get it... some are better than others at it.

Then who you have in mind? Nintendo?

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] No, Sony is not so bad...

Get off the cross kuraimen, someone else needs the wood... sony isnt some holy savior of gaming, never was never will be... they all want your money and theyll go to great lengths to get it... some are better than others at it.

I never have claimed Sony is the savior of gaming just that it isn't as bad as M$. M$ on the other hand I think its a pretty harmful company, monopolistic, FUD and shady tactics is what their business is about.

They are no worse than any other give it a rest, it's getting old!
iiSnopel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 iiSnopel
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
This feels like a world war, where one of the parties is starting to collapse... and about to give up. Microsoft surrenders to this conflict. Microsoft was doing well for their time... but with all this new technology coming out it's no surprise their head's on the chopping block. I'd actually laugh if Apple took over Xbox. "Hey guys! A new console has been announced! The ACube 5.1254601! Look! We made the console longer!"
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts
[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] You want people to lose their jobs? :?blue_hazy_basic
When did this become the gut response? Do you want puppies and moms to die? Well do you? "No"? Well then that means you agree with me, see how smart I am?

Is this how you react when lems troll Sony about their financial troubles? People taking joy in or hoping a company goes under seems a bizarre form of fanboyism. But if you're ok with it, each to their own.

What I'm not okay with is the dumbing down of society and people using catch-all's instead of providing genuine debate. The Ellsworth Toohey approach to problem solving does no one any good. Disagreeing is not equal to Troll, however claiming to be an anti-troll just to defend your preferred plastic doesn't make it true.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="fadersdream"] When did this become the gut response? Do you want puppies and moms to die? Well do you? "No"? Well then that means you agree with me, see how smart I am?

Is this how you react when lems troll Sony about their financial troubles? People taking joy in or hoping a company goes under seems a bizarre form of fanboyism. But if you're ok with it, each to their own.

What I'm not okay with is the dumbing down of society and people using catch-all's instead of providing genuine debate. The Ellsworth Toohey approach to problem solving does no one any good. Disagreeing is not equal to Troll, however claiming to be an anti-troll just to defend your preferred plastic doesn't make it true.

What exactly is the catch all in that response? People celebrating the death of microsoft or sony means that 10,000's or 100,000's will lose their jobs. Whats your complaint with my response but not those celebrating a gaming company's collapse?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Is this how you react when lems troll Sony about their financial troubles? People taking joy in or hoping a company goes under seems a bizarre form of fanboyism. But if you're ok with it, each to their own.

What exactly is the catch all in that response? People celebrating the death of microsoft or sony means that 10,000's or 100,000's will lose their jobs. Whats your complaint with my response but not those celebrating a gaming company's collapse?

That's a pretty shallow analysis considering a company's death can mean other companies' birth. And companies can harm the industry more than help it so yeah it's a gut response with not much analysis in between.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22632 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="fadersdream"] What I'm not okay with is the dumbing down of society and people using catch-all's instead of providing genuine debate. The Ellsworth Toohey approach to problem solving does no one any good. Disagreeing is not equal to Troll, however claiming to be an anti-troll just to defend your preferred plastic doesn't make it true.

That's a pretty shallow analysis considering a company's death can mean other companies' birth. And companies can harm the industry more than help it so yeah it's a gut response with not much analysis in between.

Funny, your comment comes off as more of a gut response... in the economic condition the world is in right now the goal is stability and I think at this time its on everyones mind that companies remain profitable and stable as to not further burden the working class with extra dipping into their pockets to support those without jobs... blue hazy basics comments are easily seen as showing sensitivity to the world economic market and the thousands if not millions of lives it effects to some capacity when a major company goes under. Your hypothetical gut response about one company dying and giving birth to new ones is just that.... hypothetical and in all honesty not what the world needs right now.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 kuraimen
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] What exactly is the catch all in that response? People celebrating the death of microsoft or sony means that 10,000's or 100,000's will lose their jobs. Whats your complaint with my response but not those celebrating a gaming company's collapse?

Funny, your comment comes off as more of a gut response... in the economic condition the world is in right now the goal is stability and I think at this time its on everyones mind that companies remain profitable and stable as to not further burden the working class with extra dipping into their pockets to support those without jobs... blue hazy basics comments are easily seen as showing sensitivity to the world economic market and the thousands if not millions of lives it effects to some capacity when a major company goes under. Your hypothetical gut response about one company dying and giving birth to new ones is just that.... hypothetical and in all honesty not what the world needs right now.

Considering the economic collapse was in large part a cause of unregulated corporations going rampant with speculation big corporations like M$ are more part of the problem than the solution. As long as corporations like this influence markets and politics the way they do effectively creating plutocracies and not democracies then we're better off without them.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] That's a pretty shallow analysis considering a company's death can mean other companies' birth. And companies can harm the industry more than help it so yeah it's a gut response with not much analysis in between.

Considering the economic collapse was in large part a cause of unregulated corporations going rampant with speculation big corporations like M$ are more part of the problem than the solution. As long as corporations like this influence markets and politics the way they do effectively creating plutocracies and not democracies then we're better off without them.

Yes big companies such as microsoft AND SONY are a machine that aims to make as much profit as possible to whatever extent needed... all big companies engage in some odd, and lowlife tactics and the regulation of that is important to move forward as a productive society but not at the expense of those who work hard for a meager living. Just because microsoft AND sony have corporate issues that need to be rectified i dont want them to disappear... i want them to be held accountable and move on. The one human flaw that constantly holds us back is our inability to use logic... nobody needs to lose their job but those who manipulate the practice of sound business.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 kuraimen
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Funny, your comment comes off as more of a gut response... in the economic condition the world is in right now the goal is stability and I think at this time its on everyones mind that companies remain profitable and stable as to not further burden the working class with extra dipping into their pockets to support those without jobs... blue hazy basics comments are easily seen as showing sensitivity to the world economic market and the thousands if not millions of lives it effects to some capacity when a major company goes under. Your hypothetical gut response about one company dying and giving birth to new ones is just that.... hypothetical and in all honesty not what the world needs right now.

Yes big companies such as microsoft AND SONY are a machine that aims to make as much profit as possible to whatever extent needed... all big companies engage in some odd, and lowlife tactics and the regulation of that is important to move forward as a productive society but not at the expense of those who work hard for a meager living. Just because microsoft AND sony have corporate issues that need to be rectified i dont want them to disappear... i want them to be held accountable and move on. The one human flaw that constantly holds us back is our inability to use logic... nobody needs to lose their job but those who manipulate the practice of sound business.

It depends if you look at both companies histories M$ is much more shady and influential than Sony. Sony has never held a virtual monopoly status or competed in such a shady way as Sony. Sony is no angel but it's easy to see who potentially harms the industry more and it's not Sony. With M$ gone the PC market could open up much more and thrive with new oportunities.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Considering the economic collapse was in large part a cause of unregulated corporations going rampant with speculation big corporations like M$ are more part of the problem than the solution. As long as corporations like this influence markets and politics the way they do effectively creating plutocracies and not democracies then we're better off without them.

It depends if you look at both companies histories M$ is much more shady and influential than Sony. Sony has never held a virtual monopoly status or competed in such a shady way as Sony. Sony is no angel but it's easy to see who potentially harms the industry more and it's not Sony. With M$ gone the PC market could open up much more and thrive with new oportunities.

Microsoft isnt nearly as bad as you make them out to be. Sorry
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

ok ok maybe a bit of a stretch but yahoo seems to think microsoft and stevebalmer are living the nightmare senario that xbox may not be able to save them from.... sounds familiar *ahem sony* the link...

TheEroica
Sorry cant link on gamespot from a phone... sigh http://finance.yahoo.com/news/steve-ballmer-s-nightmare-is-coming-true-181558610.html

Time to sell my stocks. lol!! Just kidding. I do have MS stock, but I also have lots of IBM stock. I don't think MS is going anywhere because they always have the money to purchase other games who are making money and succeeding. There are LOTS of coattails to hang onto if you have the right amount of money. Plus Microsoft is always looking at innovating. I think their Surface was priced too high to compete with the Apple IPad. You don't price you products at the same price as your competitor who is already established and popular. Why do you think the Kindle & Kindle Fire HD are doing so well? Because they are like 1/2 the price of the IPad and can virtually do almost the same things. Microsoft's Surface should have been $100 - $200 less then the IPads. I like their commercials, but if the product is expensive and the quality isn't great, it's not going to sell.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 blackace
I hope IPads dont replace PC metal_zombie
I don't see that happening anytime soon. It may replace a few laptops possibly, but desktops are here to stay for now.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 blackace
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] No, Sony is not so bad...

I never have claimed Sony is the savior of gaming just that it isn't as bad as M$. M$ on the other hand I think its a pretty harmful company, monopolistic, FUD and shady tactics is what their business is about.

I think you are referring to EA and Activision. What you just said is exactly what these two companies do. Microsoft isn't as bad as that.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]

ok ok maybe a bit of a stretch but yahoo seems to think microsoft and stevebalmer are living the nightmare senario that xbox may not be able to save them from.... sounds familiar *ahem sony* the link...

blackace
Sorry cant link on gamespot from a phone... sigh http://finance.yahoo.com/news/steve-ballmer-s-nightmare-is-coming-true-181558610.html

Time to sell my stocks. lol!! Just kidding. I do have MS stock, but I also have lots of IBM stock. I don't think MS is going anywhere because they always have the money to purchase other games who are making money and succeeding. There are LOTS of coattails to hang onto if you have the right amount of money. Plus Microsoft is always looking at innovating. I think their Surface was priced too high to compete with the Apple IPad. You don't price you products at the same price as your competitor who is already established and popular. Why do you think the Kindle & Kindle Fire HD are doing so well? Because they are like 1/2 the price of the IPad and can virtually do almost the same things. Microsoft's Surface should have been $100 - $200 less then the IPads. I like their commercials, but if the product is expensive and the quality isn't great, it's not going to sell.

Totally agree brother... and for me i wanted a surface pro for work and mobility purposes but after seeing the price im going after a laptop with some muscle that is $100 cheaper. Ms as a company is being met with competition for the first time on all fronts. Theyll be fine but that early windows dominance couldnt last forever... just like it wont for apple.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="metal_zombie"]I hope IPads dont replace PC blackace
I don't see that happening anytime soon. It may replace a few laptops possibly, but desktops are here to stay for now.

You think desktops will make it? God i see going first based on mobility alone. Why do you say that?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kuraimen
[QUOTE="Duckyindiana"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Get off the cross kuraimen, someone else needs the wood... sony isnt some holy savior of gaming, never was never will be... they all want your money and theyll go to great lengths to get it... some are better than others at it.

They are no worse than any other give it a rest, it's getting old!

Yes they are...
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 kuraimen
[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Get off the cross kuraimen, someone else needs the wood... sony isnt some holy savior of gaming, never was never will be... they all want your money and theyll go to great lengths to get it... some are better than others at it.

I think you are referring to EA and Activision. What you just said is exactly what these two companies do. Microsoft isn't as bad as that.

Yes they are... you're probably ignorant about their doings as a company.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 kuraimen
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Yes big companies such as microsoft AND SONY are a machine that aims to make as much profit as possible to whatever extent needed... all big companies engage in some odd, and lowlife tactics and the regulation of that is important to move forward as a productive society but not at the expense of those who work hard for a meager living. Just because microsoft AND sony have corporate issues that need to be rectified i dont want them to disappear... i want them to be held accountable and move on. The one human flaw that constantly holds us back is our inability to use logic... nobody needs to lose their job but those who manipulate the practice of sound business.

Yes they are...
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
[QUOTE="metal_zombie"]I hope IPads dont replace PC blackace

I like being able to upgrade without having to buy a whole new product. Ipads you can't upgrade them without having to buy a complete new one which will get expensive quick
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="fadersdream"] What I'm not okay with is the dumbing down of society and people using catch-all's instead of providing genuine debate. The Ellsworth Toohey approach to problem solving does no one any good. Disagreeing is not equal to Troll, however claiming to be an anti-troll just to defend your preferred plastic doesn't make it true.kuraimen

So I am to take it that you are ok with Sony going under, right?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] What exactly is the catch all in that response? People celebrating the death of microsoft or sony means that 10,000's or 100,000's will lose their jobs. Whats your complaint with my response but not those celebrating a gaming company's collapse?SUD123456

I wouldn't care if better competitors get in but right now if Sony goes M$ will dominate and that is the worst thing that could happen to any industry. I can't think of a worse option, not even Activision or Apple would be worse. The best thing that could happen to gaming is to M$ to disappear and a better competitor to take over or at least for the rest of competitors to balance themselves in a non monopolistic structure.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] It depends if you look at both companies histories M$ is much more shady and influential than Sony. Sony has never held a virtual monopoly status or competed in such a shady way as Sony. Sony is no angel but it's easy to see who potentially harms the industry more and it's not Sony. With M$ gone the PC market could open up much more and thrive with new oportunities.

Yes they are...

That's some convincing facts you're showing there supporting your point. Guess it may be time for Google or Apple to step in. Situation is different from Sony, difference being, MS is still making tons of money.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 kuraimen
[QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Microsoft isnt nearly as bad as you make them out to be. Sorry

Yes they are...

That's some convincing facts you're showing there supporting your point. Guess it may be time for Google or Apple to step in. Situation is different from Sony, difference being, MS is still making tons of money.

It's easy to find about M$' history of shady deals and practices. Not many companies have such a big crappy record. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Microsoft Or Samsung. I would rather have Samsung than Google or Apple. But I would rather have Google than Apple.
Click_Clock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Click_Clock
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

From the Article (basically the PC is dying from tablets and powerful smartphones...)

1. The iPad eats the consumer PC market.

This is happening right now. In the third quarter of 2012, PC sales were down 8 percent on a year-over-year basis worldwide. In the U.S., sales were down 14 percent. A big chunk of the decline can be attributed to the rise of the iPad. Apple sold 14 million iPads last quarter, which is more than the top PC maker, Lenovo, which shipped 13.7 million PCs. Throw in Apple's 4.9 million Macs, and it's the top computer maker by a mile.

As the personal computer market goes ...

2. Employees gradually switch away from using Windows PCs for work.

This trend has not played out that dramatically in 2012. However, British bank Barclays bought 8,500 iPads at employees' insistence this year.

And a recent survey showed that the iPhone has overtaken RIM as the smartphone of choice for enterprises. As more people get comfortable with Apple's mobile products at work, Microsoft will have to worry about them converting their Windows-based computers to Macs at work, too.

Microsoft has a plan to combat this but ...

3. Windows 8 fails to stop the iPad.

Gulp. It's still early, but every most data points say Windows 8 is not going to make a dent in the iPad.

-- NPD says Windows tablet sales were "nonexistent" between 10/21 and 11/17.
-- It also says Windows sales were down 21 percent over that period on a year-over-year basis.
-- Piper analyst Gene Munster was in a Microsoft store for two hours on Black Friday and saw zero Surface sales.
-- Microsoft reportedly cut its Surface order in half.
-- Ballmer said Surface sales were "modest."

Meanwhile, we can't think of any analyst who has cut his or her iPad estimate for the quarter based on Surface sales. In Microsoft's defense, it says it sold 40 million licenses, which it says is out pacing Windows 7. There's a chance analysts are wrong.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] That's a pretty shallow analysis considering a company's death can mean other companies' birth. And companies can harm the industry more than help it so yeah it's a gut response with not much analysis in between.kuraimen

I wouldn't care if better competitors get in but right now if Sony goes M$ will dominate and that is the worst thing that could happen to any industry. I can't think of a worse option, not even Activision or Apple would be worse. The best thing that could happen to gaming is to M$ to disappear and a better competitor to take over or at least for the rest of competitors to balance themselves in a non monopolistic structure.

I already know that MS killed your dog.

I did not ask about MS. I asked about Sony. You cannot possibly know what would or would not happen with MS or other competitors entering the market if Sony went under. You specifically stated that a death can lead to another's birth.

So, please answer the question again without referring to MS in your response.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

This is a bad article, completely operating outside of logic,

here's one of the comments that explain it better than I could

---

What a bunch of propaganda. Go to my site, EdTechExpert, and read about what a bunch of mythology the iPad and its "relevance" is. Some examples:

1) Colleges specifically tell students NOT to buy iPads. Why? Because (a) they can't do what you need them to do for productivity, learning, and getting work done; (b) they aren't being used in the real world.

2) Speaking of which, go to Monster job search and type in "iPad" or "iOS" as a job skill and see what comes up. The ONLY jobs that have it listed are for app programmers/developers -- which means you have to use a REAL COMPUTER.

3) According to NetMarketShare, 90% of devices are computers -- 84% Windows and 6% Mac. Only 10% of the entire market share is mobile -- including smartphones and all tablets -- and of that, abut 1.5% are iPads. So iPads have grown to 1.5% of market share over the course of 2 years?? How long would it take them to become the "dominant" device?? (Answer: so long that they will be obsolete before it happens)

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 savagetwinkie
[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] That's a pretty shallow analysis considering a company's death can mean other companies' birth. And companies can harm the industry more than help it so yeah it's a gut response with not much analysis in between.kuraimen

why will M$ dominate? in what exactly? M$ doesn't have a branded PC, or electronics outside of xbox really... Like 90% of Microsofts operating income is from business tools and windows so even if they gain ground in teh console space they still have to deal with nintendo... Secondly Sony dieing off wouldn't actually cause much to change apart from the console space, other companies will fill in natually in the electronics, it's fairly over saturated now any way. I'd only worry about it if I just bought a sony tv, it would suck to lose the manufacture warranty if the manufacturer collapses in on itself.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Good, no one will miss them

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#130 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I cannot wrap my head around why practically all media outlets attribute everything bad happening to the PC to the iPad, like it's some kind of destroying angel. It still doesn't do jack crap beyond being a fantastic Solitaire simulator.

Windows 8 is failing because tablets simply can't do what other computing items can (or do those things as well). Why buy an inferior computer with a clunkier OS, so you can play Solitaire with your fingers? Go buy a deck of cards.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

---

What a bunch of propaganda. Go to my site, EdTechExpert, and read about what a bunch of mythology the iPad and its "relevance" is. Some examples:

1) Colleges specifically tell students NOT to buy iPads. Why? Because (a) they can't do what you need them to do for productivity, learning, and getting work done; (b) they aren't being used in the real world.

2) Speaking of which, go to Monster job search and type in "iPad" or "iOS" as a job skill and see what comes up. The ONLY jobs that have it listed are for app programmers/developers -- which means you have to use a REAL COMPUTER.

3) According to NetMarketShare, 90% of devices are computers -- 84% Windows and 6% Mac. Only 10% of the entire market share is mobile -- including smartphones and all tablets -- and of that, abut 1.5% are iPads. So iPads have grown to 1.5% of market share over the course of 2 years?? How long would it take them to become the "dominant" device?? (Answer: so long that they will be obsolete before it happens)

savagetwinkie
I thought the same thing when I read the article earlier today. Everyone that I know has a PC, but I don't know anyone with an iPad. And even if Windows sales dropped from the previous year, Microsoft is still making money off of it's OS hand over fist...
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 savagetwinkie
[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

---

superclocked
I thought the same thing when I read the article earlier today. Everyone that I know has a PC, but I don't know anyone with an iPad. And even if Windows sales dropped from the previous year, Microsoft is still making money off of it's OS hand over fist...

if you really think about it, the iPad is a new market, the fact is you can't be product only on an iPad only.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="SUD123456"]

SUD123456

I did not ask about MS. I asked about Sony. You cannot possibly know what would or would not happen with MS or other competitors entering the market if Sony went under. You specifically stated that a death can lead to another's birth.

Why can't I refer to M$ in my post? What kind of moronic restriction is that to shape an answer to your liking lol. I used the word can not will. That means that there's the possibility. With M$ there's better possibility for a change for better than with Sony. If you don't like my answer cry more.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 kuraimen

savagetwinkie

why will M$ dominate? in what exactly? M$ doesn't have a branded PC, or electronics outside of xbox really... Like 90% of Microsofts operating income is from business tools and windows so even if they gain ground in teh console space they still have to deal with nintendo... Secondly Sony dieing off wouldn't actually cause much to change apart from the console space, other companies will fill in natually in the electronics, it's fairly over saturated now any way. I'd only worry about it if I just bought a sony tv, it would suck to lose the manufacture warranty if the manufacturer collapses in on itself.

Because they have lots of experience using shady tactics to control and monopolise a market. They can put all that experience to use.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

---

savagetwinkie

if you really think about it, the iPad is a new market, the fact is you can't be product only on an iPad only.

When i read the article i got the sense that the writer was overemphasising the fact that microsoft simply has compelling competition... lets not kid ourselves to the idea that ms and windows was going to be the ONLY consumer choice for a rapidly changing technological world... doesnt mean ms is doomed (as i clealry joked about in the title...) it just means that theyre gonna have to live with and adapt to a market with less market share. Windows by most accounts is still fantastic and the pc is still highly relevant.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] I wouldn't care if better competitors get in but right now if Sony goes M$ will dominate and that is the worst thing that could happen to any industry. I can't think of a worse option, not even Activision or Apple would be worse. The best thing that could happen to gaming is to M$ to disappear and a better competitor to take over or at least for the rest of competitors to balance themselves in a non monopolistic structure.kuraimen

Why can't I refer to M$ in my post? What kind of moronic restriction is that to shape an answer to your liking lol. I used the word can not will. That means that there's the possibility. With M$ there's better possibility for a change for better than with Sony. If you don't like my answer cry more.

Hes being nice... hes letting you know that the entire system wars community is tired of your unsupported claims and extreme and almost unhealthy bias against a compaby...
OldSnakePS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 OldSnakePS3
Member since 2012 • 306 Posts
sony leaves gaming business = xbl price skyrockets M$ leaves gaming business = free online everywhere the horror
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

MS is in a distant 2nd place in the console race for the current gen and likely to be passed by sony very shortly, last gen much the same. Sony on the other hand stuck a knife into Nintendo with the PS1 and ended Sega as a hardware manufacturer. Explain to me exactly how MS has been worse for the gaming hardware business, monopolistic and has displayed worse practices IN RELATION TO CONSOLE GAMING?

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

TheEroica

LoL im on a phone too..i hate that sh!t.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
sony leaves gaming business = xbl price skyrockets M$ leaves gaming business = free online everywhere the horror OldSnakePS3
Because the PC and Nintendo don't exist :roll:
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

TheEroica

Hes being nice... hes letting you know that the entire system wars community is tired of your unsupported claims and extreme and almost unhealthy bias against a compaby...

I'm not tired of his truths Erotica ;)
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Why can't I refer to M$ in my post? What kind of moronic restriction is that to shape an answer to your liking lol. I used the word can not will. That means that there's the possibility. With M$ there's better possibility for a change for better than with Sony. If you don't like my answer cry more.

How about his conspiracy theories? :P I do actually love those!
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 kuraimen
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Why can't I refer to M$ in my post? What kind of moronic restriction is that to shape an answer to your liking lol. I used the word can not will. That means that there's the possibility. With M$ there's better possibility for a change for better than with Sony. If you don't like my answer cry more.

Me neither :D
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
That was a very poorly written article with bad "facts" as supporting evidence.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 savagetwinkie
[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="superclocked"]I thought the same thing when I read the article earlier today. Everyone that I know has a PC, but I don't know anyone with an iPad. And even if Windows sales dropped from the previous year, Microsoft is still making money off of it's OS hand over fist...TheEroica

When i read the article i got the sense that the writer was overemphasising the fact that microsoft simply has compelling competition... lets not kid ourselves to the idea that ms and windows was going to be the ONLY consumer choice for a rapidly changing technological world... doesnt mean ms is doomed (as i clealry joked about in the title...) it just means that theyre gonna have to live with and adapt to a market with less market share. Windows by most accounts is still fantastic and the pc is still highly relevant.

if you actually understood M$'s position now they are already in the least amount of market share in the mobile market. The only thing that is legitimate about this article is maybe less PC sales because not everyone needed a full PC to begin with. Now that technology has caught up in the mobile space they are capable of just using a phone for 99% of their needs. Microsoft is trying to adapt but they haven't made any headway into the new mobile market that's risen up in the past years, they still have the market pretty cornered on desktops. Windows is still easily the best solution for most businesses,
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 savagetwinkie
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] I wouldn't care if better competitors get in but right now if Sony goes M$ will dominate and that is the worst thing that could happen to any industry. I can't think of a worse option, not even Activision or Apple would be worse. The best thing that could happen to gaming is to M$ to disappear and a better competitor to take over or at least for the rest of competitors to balance themselves in a non monopolistic structure.

Because they have lots of experience using shady tactics to control and monopolize a market. They can put all that experience to use.

What shady tactics would they use to monopolize or control gaming, Nintendo is still a huge factor and so isn't PC gaming, and now that there is a lot of focus on Ubuntu and mac support by steam, It's not like they can bundle mario with their gaming OS to snuff out the need for Nintendo, they just aren't in a position to control anything, which in turn means loosing sony isn't going to be much of a big deal, plus sony dev's are all experienced opengl game developers, they'd be the perfect developers to use ubuntu as their main platform for development.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] if you really think about it, the iPad is a new market, the fact is you can't be product only on an iPad only.

if you actually understood M$'s position now they are already in the least amount of market share in the mobile market. The only thing that is legitimate about this article is maybe less PC sales because not everyone needed a full PC to begin with. Now that technology has caught up in the mobile space they are capable of just using a phone for 99% of their needs. Microsoft is trying to adapt but they haven't made any headway into the new mobile market that's risen up in the past years, they still have the market pretty cornered on desktops. Windows is still easily the best solution for most businesses,

There is no doubt that ms has skidded a few products and hasnt been able to capture that coveted "sexy" product that apple puts out every year, but to say they are headed to extinction is false right now as the pc is very much still an essential part of lives around the globe. When devices outgrow the pc model THEN id say ms needs to be worried.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 TheEroica  Moderator

There is no way you fall for his nonsense heil... no way. :P
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

They'll be just fine, stock price remains good but I will acknowledge one thing, I've never seen MSFT with such a low buy recommendation..

Rating: 3 out of 10 :shock: Normally a 9 out of 10.

Eh WTH, MS is doooooomed I tell ya, dooooomed. :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 TheEroica  Moderator

They'll be just fine, stock price remains good but I will acknowledge one thing, I've never seen MSFT with such a low buy recommendation..

Rating: 3 out of 10 :shock: Normally a 9 out of 10.

Eh WTH, MS is doooooomed I tell ya, dooooomed. :P

SecretPolice
Curious, what is sonys and Nintendos buy ranking?