Microsoft is slacking considering the circumstances.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

If you think about it, they haven't been supporting the 360 at all, they dropped it a long time ago. Did it even have an exclusive in 2013 besides Gears Judgement? They don't even have a handheld to support. Sony has not only been supporting the Vita with games like Tearaway, YS: Memories of Celceta, Killzone Mercenary and Soul Sacrifice, but they've also been releasing top ps3 exclusives like Last of Us, Dragon's Crown, Ni No Kuni, Gran Turismo 6, Beyond 2 Souls and more.

So my question is, how could one company do so much and the other do so little? Sony is supporting 3 systems while Microsoft supports one and yet PS4 still has the highest rated exclusive game on Gamerankings between the 2?

It reminds me of that scene in Office Space where they interview the guy and ask him, "so what exactly would you say...... you do here?? *shrug*"

#2 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Sony's supporting the Vita? News to me.

#3 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12350 posts) -

Have you submitted your resume to the Xbox division yet? Division President or some sort of managerial position?

#4 Posted by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED:

If I was calling the shots over at Microsoft, the Xbox One would be leading the PS4 in sales by the end of the year. Ps4's domination hasn't been so much about Sony's brilliance as it has been about Microsoft's stupidity.

#6 Edited by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

@Mkavanaugh77:

Oh, Titanfall is a 360 exclusive now?

Infamous is higher rated than any xb1 exclusive on Gamerankings.

World of Tanks is also on PC haha, what is this? Micro can't buy an exclusive.

#7 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12350 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

@R3FURBISHED:

If I was calling the shots over at Microsoft, the Xbox One would be leading the PS4 in sales by the end of the year.

Loading Video...

#8 Posted by super600 (32403 posts) -

Sony is not technically supporting the vita that much.SCEA doesn't really care about the console. The other two branches care more about the vita,but they don't care a lot about it.SCEA are just publishing ports for it.

#9 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Butthurt lems will bash you but you're actually speaking the truth OP. M$ is extremely incompetent with their games division, it's even more pathetic when you consider that they only have to support one console and they are floundering like this.

#10 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

@Mkavanaugh77:

Oh, Titanfall is a 360 exclusive now?

Infamous is higher rated than any xb1 exclusive on Gamerankings.

Higher than Forza? Surprising.

#11 Posted by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

@super600:

Like I said, YS, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway and Killzone all in the last year. Those are just the exclusives. Sony is supporting 3 systems.

#12 Edited by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@I_can_haz: Are you actually a human being?

#14 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@Slashkice: And Soul Sacrifice, but it's already a slippery slope as it is

#15 Posted by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

@Slashkice:

Yeah of course I knew that. The game is only on the Vita. It's exclusive.

#16 Edited by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

When you factor in ps3, vita and ps4, Sony has probably the same amount of 1st party support as Nintendo and even more third party support than both Microsoft and Nintendo. With the success of the ps4 and all the talk surrounding ps4 becoming lead platform this gen, I expect the 3rd party support to become even larger.

#17 Posted by SakusEnvoy (4737 posts) -

I dunno, I don't really see first-party Sony studios lining up Vita and PS3 exclusives. At this point, with the possible exception of SCE Japan, Sony is just supporting one system too.

#18 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12350 posts) -

@arkephonic: You're just the coolest person you know, huh? You love to hear your own voice. And why wouldn't you? You know it all - given the opportunity you would steer an division that you (most likely) know dick about to grander success.

You enjoy passing your perceived reality as fact and truth.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
#19 Posted by highking_kallor (594 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED: wow your a great person

#20 Edited by casharmy (9388 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

@R3FURBISHED:

If I was calling the shots over at Microsoft, the Xbox One would be leading the PS4 in sales by the end of the year. Ps4's domination hasn't been so much about Sony's brilliance as it has been about Microsoft's stupidity.

MS aren't really stupid, they simply think that all of their customers are. They take that singular, most important, idea and work from there. Looking at the sales they have with them pulling the plug on prior systems and doing the bare minimum on their current one...Can you blame MS for thinking their fans are stupid?

To hit my point further home, they even tried the always online DRM and no used games and thought everyone would just accept it and be happy because they didn't think gamers would say anything,

So in closing MS isn't slacking, Their actual plan of success in the gaming arena is to invest as little as possible and gain the highest revenue from all the stupid people out there who play video games, hell how do you think something like the xbone (including the DRM and no used games policies) even came about?

Keeping that in mind, I would say what MS is doing with xbone has turned out to be a glowing success despite not being able to charge even more for current games than they are because of Stupid Sony meddling, no need to change or do anything more atm, I am pretty sure MS thinks the same.

#21 Posted by Bikouchu35 (8195 posts) -

Sounds like a typical M$ move part deux, just like when the x360 came out, the support for the xbox disappeared overnight. Unless I'm mistaken.

#23 Posted by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

@SakusEnvoy:

Vita is getting MLB The Show 14, god of war collection, sly collection, destiny of spirits, no heroes allowed, pixel junk shooter ultimate and hell divers. Keep in mind those aren't even all the exclusives, those are only the exclusives published by Sony computer entertainment.

For ps3 you have final fantasy x/x-2 hd, drakengard 3, frozen synapse tactics, helldivers, hohokum, Jojo's bizarre adventure, kingdom hearts hd, puppeteer, littlebigplanet hub, mugen souls z, persona 5, rainbow skies, tales of Symphonia chronicles, the witch and the hundred knight, ALL EXCLUSIVE!

No support my ass, lol.

#24 Edited by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

@Mkavanaugh77:

Titanfall is not exclusive to Xbox One.

But if you want to pretend like PC doesn't exist and make this strictly a ps4 vs xb1 kinda thing, then ps4 would have the better games considering ps4 has the best version of every multiplat.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#25 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

i do think ms is lazy in terms of games. so lazy i couldn't give a toss about their flagship gaming product, the xbox one.

however, they only just dropped support for xp, so they're supporting a couple of consumer OS, as well as the phone, and the Server OSs, and they support all those other productivity softwares, and a search engine IE n00bs use. etc.

obviously you don't mention this because it doesn't suit the agenda of the thread. or your MO.

#27 Edited by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur:

Oh brother, we are talking about game divisions. Notice how I'm not talking about Sony headphones, movies, televisions, laptops etc?

I couldn't help but laugh at your post a little bit. Not at you, but at Microsoft. Internet Explorer and their phones, haha. They just make bad products all around.

#28 Posted by casharmy (9388 posts) -

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@arkephonic

When you factor in your SOny fanyboy talk, your fanboy gibberish is factored out.

xbox is selling great, Titanfall is AAA and has higher meta score than Infamous

all about the games, not sales, and right now, xbox has the better games than ps4.

This furthers my point about MS thinking their fans are stupid. When even their fans don't demand more from the system and act like console restricted multiplats are actual exclusives to brag about, there is nothing more that needs to be done.

Arkephonic MS wouldn't want you as an executive at their company because you would waste too much money trying to make high quality exclusives in unproven IPs to fit their philosophy. They actually want to create the idea that buying timed exclusives and riding on multi-plats until the end of the generation once sales have become sustained is all they should do. Look here at one of their satisfied customers, looks like they have a good game plan lol.

The reason why this thread fails is because it was never in MS's plans to work hard to deliver exclusive content to their customers.

#29 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

Can you explain to me what's happening with Gran Turismo 5 online, TC? The game is not even 4 years old.

Try to do this and only after you're done TRY TO DARE TO TALK ABOUT SUPPORT.

#30 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

-Sony support

-lists 3rd party games

Huh?

#31 Posted by arkephonic (6734 posts) -

@casharmy:

The funniest thing is, I think you're 100% right. You really drove that home with the whole, "don't believe me? Look at this completely satisfied customer right here". Hahahaha!!

#32 Edited by casharmy (9388 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Can you explain to me what's happening with Gran Turismo 5 online, TC? The game is not even 4 years old.

So Sony supported GT5's free online about as long as MS supported the original xbox system? Considering the fact that you can't beat anyone giving you something free for 4 years I don't think there is anything to complain about.

Also, there is a development team to consider as well. They made the game and perhaps they are trying to focus their efforts on their new game? I am sure GT5 online wasn't running on air. Shrug, considering the fact that MS always charged for online, your screaming at Sony about support for something that was given free is comical

If MS fans were only this critical and demanding of the console they rally behind we'd actually have 2 relatively powerful consoles worth owning this gen.

#33 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

So Sony supported GT5's free online about as long as MS supported the original xbox system? Considering the fact that you can't beat anyone giving you something free for 4 years I don't think there is anything to complain about.

Also, there is a development team to consider as well. They made the game and perhaps they are trying to focus their efforts on their new game? I am sure GT5 online wasn't running on air. Shrug, considering the fact that MS always charged for online, your screaming at Sony about support for something that was given free is comical

Your comparison to the support of original Xbox doesn't make sense. It's like saying a movie from 1984 costed the same as movie from 2014, but in fact they didn't despite the fact that the figure might say they did. But you know that these things don't exist in vaccuum, that there's inflation, etc.

#34 Posted by thegamer00 (153 posts) -

Vita is dead. Sony tv is dead. Sony pc is dead. Sony movies is dead. TC is dumb.

#35 Edited by SakusEnvoy (4737 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

@SakusEnvoy:

Vita is getting MLB The Show 14, god of war collection, sly collection, destiny of spirits, no heroes allowed, pixel junk shooter ultimate and hell divers. Keep in mind those aren't even all the exclusives, those are only the exclusives published by Sony computer entertainment.

For ps3 you have final fantasy x/x-2 hd, drakengard 3, frozen synapse tactics, helldivers, hohokum, Jojo's bizarre adventure, kingdom hearts hd, puppeteer, littlebigplanet hub, mugen souls z, persona 5, rainbow skies, tales of Symphonia chronicles, the witch and the hundred knight, ALL EXCLUSIVE!

No support my ass, lol.

Okay, you're listing mostly third-party games for the PS3... I think it's clear that the PS3 is far from dead. But why are we crediting "Sony" with the third-party games here? Is it because it's exclusive? For most of those games, that exclusivity has nothing to do with Sony. It has to do with the market those games are oriented towards (obviously, the 360 sold exceptionally poorly in Japan, so most Japanese developers aren't interested in making games for it).

MLB - well, every console always gets an MLB game. The PS2 got an MLB version all the way until 2011. So, yeah, Sony is great at putting MLB on all their systems no matter how old and unsupported. The rest are ports and relatively minor games with little to no hype. Compare the Vita's upcoming library with the 2012 one and it's quite clear that Sony is backing off on developing for it. They're not putting heavy-hitter franchise exclusives on it. I really do like the Vita but I can't exactly say it has a bright future at the moment.

#36 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

If you think about it, they haven't been supporting the 360 at all, they dropped it a long time ago. Did it even have an exclusive in 2013 besides Gears Judgement? They don't even have a handheld to support. Sony has not only been supporting the Vita with games like Tearaway, YS: Memories of Celceta, Killzone Mercenary and Soul Sacrifice, but they've also been releasing top ps3 exclusives like Last of Us, Dragon's Crown, Ni No Kuni, Gran Turismo 6, Beyond 2 Souls and more.

So my question is, how could one company do so much and the other do so little? Sony is supporting 3 systems while Microsoft supports one and yet PS4 still has the highest rated exclusive game on Gamerankings between the 2?

It reminds me of that scene in Office Space where they interview the guy and ask him, "so what exactly would you say...... you do here?? *shrug*"

got to agree there. The only thing they had going for 360 last year was State of Decay and Gears of War. Both were meh. Sony knows how to support their systems and the gamers on their systems

#37 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

TC in his unstable fantasy world only wishes that Microsoft was lacking support. Truth is that MS is a unstoppable beast right now and it only has just begun.

Sony will see how long it can ride the launch success and when that fizzles out..........the train will stop.

Microsoft has enough content coming up to fill 2 E3 stage shows. Sony is patting its own back on 550 indie titles.

The two companies will be separated at E3 and the one that will be left behind is the one that has lost the ability to support games and gamers. Sony.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#38 Edited by SolidGame_basic (22182 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

Right on, man. Despite popular belief, the Vita has games. Unfortunately, there are too many people here who want to talk crap for no reason other than just hate. I've had a Vita since day 1 and have played it more than the "other" handheld which I'm trying to justify keeping because there are barely any new games at the moment (unless you want to play Mario or Kirby for the millionth time).

#39 Posted by MonsieurX (36730 posts) -

lol gamerankings

who uses that beside OP?

#40 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Sony was putting shit out in the first half with the ps3 while ms was push great stuff. When later down road ms took a step back. While sony started to push.

I kinda already seeing it being the same way this time. Ms is push quite a handfull of stuff right now while sony is starting slow again.

Bringing handhelds into this is wrong has its whole different market

#41 Posted by xxyetixx (2799 posts) -

I don't care what anyone thinks or says if I shell out $500+ on a new system from any company I expect all the support to go that route. Ms does that, Sony doesn't look at the first couple years of PS3 Sony was still pushing n supporting PS2, same is going for PS4. Let the 3rd parties release the games like COD, madden, and plenty of other and focus your 1st parties on the new system.

#42 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

@SakusEnvoy:

No support my ass, lol.

Those aren't all exclusive

#43 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161924 posts) -

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

World Of Tanks was just released for the 360 and is AA so you are wrong.

Titanfall 360 edition is coming out very soon and should be AAA like the other versions, so what the **** are you blabbering about?

whats this ps4 highest rated exclusive game?

Eh...the 360 lags in support. That isn't a question really.

#44 Posted by Prawephet (385 posts) -

@Slashkice: And? The lemmings are claiming Titanfall and yet that is third party with the sequel almost certainly coming to ps4. Hell, if it does bad enough on 360 I would bet EA might rush a port of Titanfall to ps4 by early next year.

#45 Posted by j_assassin (1008 posts) -

maybe couple of years from now m$ would stop supporting x1 to focus on their future x2, just like they did with 360 to x1

#46 Posted by -CC- (2046 posts) -

It takes a lot of their time making the worse OS in history and one of the worse consoles in history. Lets hope Win9 and XB2 can save them.

#47 Posted by Willy105 (24745 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Gamerankings is the superior game review aggregate site. Always has been.

#48 Posted by MonsieurX (36730 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

@MonsieurX: Gamerankings is the superior game review aggregate site. Always has been.

I don't remember anyone using it here recently,besides OP

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#49 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44839 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

If you think about it, they haven't been supporting the 360 at all, they dropped it a long time ago.

Well, so far in 2014...

• World of Tanks
  • PVZ Garden Warfare
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Halo Spartan Assault
#50 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@arkephonic said:

If you think about it, they haven't been supporting the 360 at all, they dropped it a long time ago.

Well, so far in 2014...

• World of Tanks
  • PVZ Garden Warfare
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Halo Spartan Assault

...that's pretty sad