Microsoft is right about Kinect Sports Rivals.

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

If you remember Kinectimals, that was 720p with the ability to upscale to 1080p and was at 60fps per second.

Kinect sports Rivals if you look at the latest trailer, has a very impressive engine. So if anything the Esram has nothing to do with lack of 1080p/ not to mention in the same rebellion article it says they "CAN comfortably" run in 1080p, but i guess people did not read that far for some reason..

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Kinect sports doesn't exactly look good

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Old. Mods please lock thread.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

lol

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jakandsigz

@Chutebox said:

It's not exactly finished either. Remember Kinectimals?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chutebox

@Jakandsigz: I'm sure you're trying to prove a point here.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jakandsigz

@Chutebox said:

@Jakandsigz: I'm sure you're trying to prove a point here.

1080p 60fps, high res dynamic textures?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Chutebox said:

The wave race looks very good. The water effects are impressive. It now has a release date as well. April 8th.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

The performance of a given game will depend on what it's trying to do across frames. How many objects is it drawing? What si the complexity of each object? How large and detailed are the textures - is there enough bandwidth to process them all quickly (well within 16ms)? How many and and at what quality will shadows/lighting be rendered? What post processing effects are needed and how large is the frame? How many and how complex are the AI/animations/physics/pathfinding/collision detection algorithms that need to be processed?

When you think about all of those tasks you cna sort of, round about, kind of brake the hardware up into two categories: The grunt power, that si the ability to process data quickly, and the bandwidth or connection to that data.

When the two are mismatched you're not going to get the best performance out fo your hardware. Imagine having an array of 1,000 GTX 780 Ti's GPU's. That is some supercomputing $hit right there. Now instead of the GDDR5 memory they would usually utilize, imagien we hook them up to a 5,400 RPM Hard drive. Lol. It would take hours to render a single frame of Crysis 3.

That system would have the grunt to render a Pixar movie frame in milliseconds, but if you don't feed it with data to process, TONS of data to process, most of those GPU will be idling, waiting for data to get to them.

That's the Xbone... except not so dramatically bad ;)

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blackace

@SEANMCAD said:

what does sports have to do with gaming?

Sports are games dummy. lol!! What does your comment have to do with this topic?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12054 Posts

@blackace said:

@Chutebox said:

The wave race looks very good. The water effects are impressive. It now has a release date as well. April 8th.

Dang it. Expensive months to be sure.

This month Plants v Zombies

Next month Titanfall

April Kinect Rivals.

Yikes it is like Christmas!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blackace

@juarbles said:

This threadis off topic this has nothing to do with real gaming. Is this site about gaming or not? they should make a forum exclusively for xboners and the xbone under the Off-Topic section.

They should make a forum for trolls like yourself who have nothing intelligent to say about a topic. Troll pretending to be a gamer.

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By GameMediator
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

"not real gaming" because its Kinect?

@juarbles said:

This threadis off topic this has nothing to do with real gaming. Is this site about gaming or not? they should make a forum exclusively for xboners and the xbone under the Off-Topic section.

You're saying Kinect isn't real gaming? Like I posed earlier, People who bash Xbox one are totally ignorant of Kinect. Microsoft is being more innovative than Nintendo! This game measures your face, skin, hair color, etc. Pretty amazing technology, its a huge step in a future of OPTIONAL motion gaming that REAL gamers should appreciate.

What does PS4 offer besides slightly better graphics? The light bar? That thing is less innovating than the PS move I never used on my PS3.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blackace

@juarbles said:

@blackace said:

@juarbles said:

They should make a forum for trolls like yourself who have nothing intelligent to say about a topic. Troll pretending to be a gamer.

So I imagine you're another xboner trying to pass off as a gamer. Real gaming is for grown ups kid, you xboners have no business here.

No, I'm a True Gamer and have been playing games since 1979. I own all the PS/XBox and most of Nintendo's systems. I am a grown up, so yes, real gaming is for me. It always has been. lol!! You trolls have no business on SW. You should post all your comments on NeoGaf. They will welcome you with open arms over there.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@juarbles said:

@blackace said:

@juarbles said:

So I imagine you're another xboner trying to pass off as a gamer. Real gaming is for grown ups kid, you xboners have no business here.

Says the dude who has only been here since October...

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Chutebox said:

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 always_explicit

@juarbles said:

@always_explicit: Being part of this site is not a requirement to be a real gamer. In fact the more I come here I realize that this site is run by and made for non-gamers and anti-gamers mostly.

How do you even come to that entirely illogical conclusion...

There are many other sites...

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Who gives a **** about kinect anything?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox

@blackace said:

@Chutebox said:

Looks nothing special to me bud, especially something that would be pushing hardware.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

bla bla bla X1 couldn't do 1080p in laughable looking games like CoD and this March its attaining a new low by not being able to run a source game in 1080p but only 720p lol

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 always_explicit

@juarbles said:

@always_explicit: Is not illogical. You need to be a real gamer to realize it as I have. Besides as real gamers we have to be where gaming is most in danger like places such as this. Is our duty as gamers to take care of gaming by dealing with the xboner threat.

See you saying a lot of words but not really making any concrete points. What steps are you taking as a "real gamer" to "take care of gaming"?

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

@always_explicit Just curious. Could you please define "real gamer?"

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

@juarbles: so your logic is that anyone who owns an xbone isnt a gamer? especially us who been gaming since the early 80s or earlier.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 always_explicit

@hoyalawya said:

@always_explicit Just curious. Could you please define "real gamer?"

I couldnt, I was quoting juarbles for the very same reason. Its a ridiculous tern of phrase that is all too common on these forums. The irony being he considers himself a spokesperson for what is good in gaming. Yet champions the concept of a "real gamer" which in itself no good for the industry.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ominous_titan
@juarbles said:

@always_explicit: Is not illogical. You need to be a real gamer to realize it as I have. Besides as real gamers we have to be where gaming is most in danger like places such as this. Is our duty as gamers to take care of gaming by dealing with the xboner threat.

this place doesnt need anymore fat cows it has plenty. the only intelligent thing youve said is the xbone is a threat , be scared cow be very scared

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 always_explicit

@juarbles said:

@always_explicit: exposing xboners for what they truly are: non-gamers or anti-gamers depending on their level of ignorance. I think it is a very important task and all real gamers should participate in it because we should care for the future of gaming. Besides that, I do what real gamers do, support the industry and play games.

So lets take a stereotypical purchase shall we. I spend £40 on GTA V on the 360. By your logic purely because I purchased it on the 360 I am damaging the future of gaming. Despite the fact that developers are benefiting from my purchase. Whats anti gaming or non gaming about that.

An non gamer on this website isnt your concern...that would be a troll and they are simply wasting their own time and causing no damage nor benefiting the industry. A non gamer would be someone like my grandmother...who is simply not interested. Being a non gamer is subjective and not something that is likely to contribute to the immediate downfall of the industry.

An anti gamer (your words) is an even more confusing choice of words. Someone who hates video games....and yet chooses to spend their time here...just so you have a job to do as the saviour of gaming.

I hope you realise how little sense you make. Just because you dont like something doesnt mean it poses any form of threat to what you do like...grow up.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ominous_titan

if M$ is so anti gaming why do they have a games division ? thats some really fucked up logic there dood. if anything its biased fanboys like yourself (with blind loyalty to one company that could care less about you) thats anti-gaming. if it wasnt for xbox the ps4 would be $800. competition breeds creativity xbox gave us good online gaming , gamertags, achievements/trophies, friends lists etc. cows like to go on about forzagearshalo, when you watch the ps4 will be unchartedGOWzone like last gen.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By always_explicit

@juarbles said:

@always_explicit said:

@juarbles said:

@always_explicit: exposing xboners for what they truly are: non-gamers or anti-gamers depending on their level of ignorance. I think it is a very important task and all real gamers should participate in it because we should care for the future of gaming. Besides that, I do what real gamers do, support the industry and play games.

So lets take a stereotypical purchase shall we. I spend £40 on GTA V on the 360. By your logic purely because I purchased it on the 360 I am damaging the future of gaming. Despite the fact that developers are benefiting from my purchase. Whats anti gaming or non gaming about that.

An non gamer on this website isnt your concern...that would be a troll and they are simply wasting their own time and causing no damage nor benefiting the industry. A non gamer would be someone like my grandmother...who is simply not interested. Being a non gamer is subjective and not something that is likely to contribute to the immediate downfall of the industry.

An anti gamer (your words) is an even more confusing choice of words. Someone who hates video games....and yet chooses to spend their time here...just so you have a job to do as the saviour of gaming.

I hope you realise how little sense you make. Just because you dont like something doesnt mean it poses any form of threat to what you do like...grow up.

Your purchase is indeed helping harm real gaming as we know it since not only developers get money but Microsoft which clearly has an anti-gaming agenda.

A non-gamer is like some of the CEOs of Microsoft who have barely ever lay hands on a game but make decisions about what gaming should be. Smaller non-gamers like some xboners here just repeat ad-nauseum what these big non-gamers say and support what they do.

An anti-gamer is worse they know their agenda is to make real gaming as small and irrelevant as possible and for that they introduce and support practices that make gaming a mediocre and dumbed down for the masses as possible. Other CEOs in Microsoft want to make stuff in the level of Flappy Bird and mediocre rehashes the norm and that's anti-gaming.

Define for me how MS has an anti gaming agenda when they have spent millions producing a new console for the global market. I am still not seeing your logic. If having a CEO makes MS anti gaming then Sony and Nintendo are by default anti gaming too. Just because you say they have not touched a game does not make it the case. Mediocre rehashes....somebody hasnt been keeping up with metal gear solid latest news have they. Charging full price for a 2 hour gaming experience. Who's faults that....because it isnt MS.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4569 Posts

@kuu2: it is. I've got infamous ss, dkc:tf, titanfall, ffx, tales of Symphonia, MLB the show, world of tanks 360 edition, dark souls 2, and maybe thief. I may be forgetting a few. I need more hours in the day to play them all now.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ominous_titan

@always_explicit: like that exclusive racing demo Sony released last gen. Sony isnt consumer friendly thats why they are bankrupt and are selling off assets so they can payoff shareholders who are fleeing in droves

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 always_explicit

@juarbles said:

@ominous_titan said:

@always_explicit: like that exclusive racing demo Sony released last gen. Sony isnt consumer friendly thats why they are bankrupt and are selling off assets so they can payoff shareholders who are fleeing in droves

Consumer friendly?? lol that's exactly what an anti-gamer would say.

what???

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ominous_titan

if youre a "gamer" then yes im anti you

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

@juarbles said:

@always_explicit: Being part of this site is not a requirement to be a real gamer. In fact the more I come here I realize that this site is run by and made for non-gamers and anti-gamers mostly.

Cool. Then you obviously don't belong here and should leave.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ominous_titan
@clone01 said:

@juarbles said:

Cool. Then you obviously don't belong here and should leave.

ill second that

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@blackace said:

@juarbles said:

blackace does your wrist hurt?

because I never seen anyone finger himself so hard,

you just described yourself 100% brah

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Upscaling arguments are jokes.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@juarbles said:

@always_explicit said:

@juarbles said:

@ominous_titan said:

Consumer friendly?? lol that's exactly what an anti-gamer would say.

what???

Real gaming is not comsumer friendly. Consumer friendly is Angry Birds, real gaming is for real gamers only. I'm talking with anti-gamers who want to destroy real gaming by making it "consumer friendly". This is the kind of audience the xbone caters to and that's why gaming is in danger because of them.

STFU and go subscribe to Playstation Now.