Microsoft is rapidly working on 'Fable': The release date is closer than expected

  • 85 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

44238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

OMG, OMG, OMG!! lol :P

Can't hardly wait to see if Playground Games are able to pull off an open world action/rpg as well as they do open world racers. If so we're in for a treat. :D

You hyped for a new Fable SW?

I am!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention ID may be springing something on us soon as well. "bolded"

The Story.

---

Microsoft is rapidly working on 'Fable': The release date is closer than expected

Microsoft's Fable reboot is showing signs of promising progress, with Playground Games hiring additional developers to speed up the project. Although details about the game are still quite scarce, it has already generated a lot of excitement within the Xbox community, hinting at a potential hit in the future.

This year's debut trailer for Fable, which was released last year, further ignited interest in the game. While we wait for more information, one well-informed source, known as NateTheHate, reveals that Xbox plans to launch the game sometime in 2025.

First announced in 2020, Fable has been the subject of a great deal of secrecy from Xbox regarding details of its progress. However, NateTheHate claims to have received information about a planned 2025 release date last year.

In addition, he also provided some insights into other games being developed for the Xbox platform. In addition to Fable, NateTheHate suggests that id Software could be working on a new game within the already famous franchise.

It is expected that this year we could see an official announcement of this project, whether it is a new Doom or Quake game. Also, there is mention of Contraband which could be released as early as 2024. However, most attention is drawn to Fable's 2025 launch window, which could be key to Microsoft's offering of first-party titles.

If these speculations turn out to be correct, Microsoft could take the opportunity to offer a more detailed look at the gameplay during the upcoming Xbox Games Showcase. It was recently confirmed that this exhibition will be repeated this year, with a return date scheduled for June 2024.

Regardless of the fact that there is no official announcement that the gameplay will be released then, we are convinced that Microsoft will save that presentation for June. With all this information, expectations are high and Xbox fans are looking forward to seeing what the future holds for these games, especially Fable, which could be one of the key titles for years to come.

Avatar image for saint-george
Saint-George

1373

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1373 Posts

Avatar image for Mozelleple112
Mozelleple112

11293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Meh. No real hype here. Gears 6 when?

Halo remake when?

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

44238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Meh. No real hype here. Gears 6 when?

Halo remake when?

ID's new game?

But agreed on Gears 6, it's gotta be close to a reveal, I hope. :D

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46549 Posts

I want Playgrounds insane open world tech put to good use.

I don't want another samey open world with bland mission design.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

44238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Eh, Rare, will soon spring Everwild on us. That's all that matters. lol :P

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46549 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Eh, Rare, will soon spring Everwild on us. That's all that matters. lol :P

Yeah man you can't imagine how excited I am to start playing some Rare games.

Avatar image for navyguy21
navyguy21

17454

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#8 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17454 Posts

I really hope that it's a true RPG this time. The closest we got to that was Fable 2 (which they need to remaster on PC)

Avatar image for Mozelleple112
Mozelleple112

11293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@SecretPolice: Yeah.

I'll write what I want (in order) from Microsoft: (

  1. Gears 6
  2. Halo CE remake
  3. Halo 6 ? Halo 7? Halo 9? Halo Infinite 2? Whatever comes after Infinite
  4. Gears of War remake
  5. Doom 3? Doom 8 ? Whatever comes after Doom Eternal
  6. Elder Scrolls VI (at least we know this one is coming!)

Unfortunately it seems MS is to busy making games no one wants and Forza...

I don't have faith in Fable being any good.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

39691

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

No thanks. And why are we pretending like its a good rpg? There are so many quality rpg's/action rpg's nowadays that Fable can't even compete.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

16590

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16590 Posts

@SecretPolice: not a huge fan of rpgs but happy for my xbox brothers. Lets go!!!

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

16590

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16590 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

No thanks. And why are we pretending like its a good rpg? There are so many quality rpg's/action rpg's nowadays that Fable can't even compete.

shes hot, just a bad camera angle.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

39691

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#13 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

No thanks. And why are we pretending like its a good rpg? There are so many quality rpg's/action rpg's nowadays that Fable can't even compete.

shes hot, just a bad camera angle.

Best angle for her.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

44453

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44453 Posts

Very nice. Am really looking forward to it.

Avatar image for Heil68
Heil68

60721

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

The last one I played was not very good..360 area..Don't remember which one it was, hopefully this one can exceed that.

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
IMAHAPYHIPPO

4198

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#16 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

"This year's debut trailer for Fable, which was released last year"

Source for this article? It doesn't even seem proofread.

Hiring more devs is not an indication a game is close to release, it's an indication that they hired more devs. Seems like a fan took some words and rearranged them to make them mean something that they don't mean.

Avatar image for SUD123456
SUD123456

6959

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6959 Posts

The first Fable was OK and I thought it had potential to grow into a good series.

Instead it became total trash with absolutely stupid decisions to add meaningless attributes like conversation boxes for every NPC, pointless potty humor, and most importantly even more dumbed down combat. Instead of strengthening the brand the loser in charge was allowed to indulge himself in irresponsible vanity design resulting in the complete shutdown of the studio.

No one wants the tongue in cheek drivel and wasted development effort on hordes of NPCs wandering around talking about nothing. Even Ass Creeds' endless fetch quests are better than Lionhead...so this better not be ex-Lionhead employees. Those folks should be working at the car wash.

Avatar image for X_CAPCOM_X
X_CAPCOM_X

9558

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: that's probably half of Xbox news. "Insiders" and buzz etc.

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
IMAHAPYHIPPO

4198

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#19 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@SecretPolice: Yeah.

I'll write what I want (in order) from Microsoft: (

  1. Gears 6
  2. Halo CE remake
  3. Halo 6 ? Halo 7? Halo 9? Halo Infinite 2? Whatever comes after Infinite
  4. Gears of War remake
  5. Doom 3? Doom 8 ? Whatever comes after Doom Eternal
  6. Elder Scrolls VI (at least we know this one is coming!)

Unfortunately it seems MS is to busy making games no one wants and Forza...

I don't have faith in Fable being any good.

Every one of those games is in development other than the Gears remake.

Avatar image for jcafcwbb
jcafcwbb

688

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 688 Posts

Unless it is multi-platform I have zero hype. If it comes to PS5 I might check it out.

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
IMAHAPYHIPPO

4198

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: that's probably half of Xbox news. "Insiders" and buzz etc.

Pretty sure you're just describing the Internet; a bunch of opinions and straw-grasping masquerading as objective information.

Avatar image for X_CAPCOM_X
X_CAPCOM_X

9558

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#22 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: while what you're saying is true, we don't get this constant media presence from Nintendo and Sony, objectively. In fact, we mostly get radio silence from Sony.

There's a marketing strategy definitely at play here, and it is clear it involves this presence. Think of the euphemisms you hear come from executives like "community engagement" and the sheer number of Xbox influencers (also the existence of the ambassador program) on social media. It's not an accident.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

59271

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59271 Posts

Fable was always mid.

Nowt changing here.

Avatar image for luxuryheart
LuxuryHeart

1923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1923 Posts

@jcafcwbb said:

Unless it is multi-platform I have zero hype. If it comes to PS5 I might check it out.

Port beggars be like...

Avatar image for luxuryheart
LuxuryHeart

1923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1923 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Fable was always mid.

Nowt changing here.

Why are we lying?

I had the original Xbox. I remember playing Fable on it, and it was actually a fun game.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70224

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70224 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I want Playgrounds insane open world tech put to good use.

I don't want another samey open world with bland mission design.

Prepare to be disappointed then.

Avatar image for ratchetclank92
RatchetClank92

1358

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1358 Posts

I played Fable 2 but honestly didn’t see what the hype was about. I won’t be excited for another one.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

44238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

@Pedro said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I want Playgrounds insane open world tech put to good use.

I don't want another samey open world with bland mission design.

Prepare to be disappointed then.

Can you share you play-through of the new Fable or forbidden by an NDA?

Asking for a friend. lolol :P

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

44238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts
@luxuryheart said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Fable was always mid.

Nowt changing here.

Why are we lying?

I had the original Xbox. I remember playing Fable on it, and it was actually a fun game.

Using the word "mid" is a sure disqualifier to anyone with an IQ over room temperature. No attention after that should be paid. ;o

Just a heads up. lol :P

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

22875

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#30 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22875 Posts

A new fable game would he so welcomed.... It has a charm that other games just don't. Pleeease don't screw this one up Microsoft!

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

44238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

"This year's debut trailer for Fable, which was released last year"

Source for this article? It doesn't even seem proofread.

Hiring more devs is not an indication a game is close to release, it's an indication that they hired more devs. Seems like a fan took some words and rearranged them to make them mean something that they don't mean.

OMG, I've been busted, I wrote this all from scratch. Don't' I look the fool. ;o

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/microsoft-is-rapidly-working-on-fable-the-release-date-is-closer-than-expected/ar-BB1iLEGO

Read it and weep. Fable Rebbot >>>>> You. lolol :P

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

59271

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#33 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59271 Posts
@ratchetclank92 said:

I played Fable 2 but honestly didn’t see what the hype was about. I won’t be excited for another one.

Long way of saying mid.

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

56343

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56343 Posts

The fist Fable is and always will be legendary on Xbox/PC. The later sequels were meh at beast and Fable 3 was shit! The teaser trailer on the new Fable gave me mix feelings. I'm not all that worry on the blend ginger girl, just wish we see more of the core gameplay even though I know that's coming later and if MS wants to hurry this game and get it out, I hope they'll have gameplay ready by the time Summer Game Fest 2024 starts.

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

No thanks. And why are we pretending like its a good rpg? There are so many quality rpg's/action rpg's nowadays that Fable can't even compete.

shes hot, just a bad camera angle.

Yeah right. But hey, we all can't be pretty.

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
IMAHAPYHIPPO

4198

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#35 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

"This year's debut trailer for Fable, which was released last year"

Source for this article? It doesn't even seem proofread.

Hiring more devs is not an indication a game is close to release, it's an indication that they hired more devs. Seems like a fan took some words and rearranged them to make them mean something that they don't mean.

OMG, I've been busted, I wrote this all from scratch. Don't' I look the fool. ;o

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/microsoft-is-rapidly-working-on-fable-the-release-date-is-closer-than-expected/ar-BB1iLEGO

Read it and weep. Fable Rebbot >>>>> You. lolol :P

Thank you for providing the source, which I asked for without ever suggesting you made this up. Again, taking words to make them mean something they don't.

I maintain that the article wasn't proofread, as evidenced by stating that the trailer released this year and last year in the same sentence.

The source is a YouTuber who has a channel featuring reactions, speculation, and rumors. (AKA: opinions and guesses)

The only tangible fact presented in this article is that Playground Games is hiring, which is not an indication of anything other than that they are hiring.

This article is speculation and hearsay, and the writer of it even states that in saying, "If these speculations turn out to be correct"

Your response seems to be written with the assumption that I'm not excited about Fable, when you end it with "Fable Rebbot [sic] >>>>> You," which isn't even a tangible, measurable competition; I am a person. Fable is a video game. We're not competing for anything at all, nor will we ever be. And I'm quite excited about a new Fable game and hope Playground Games knocks it out of the park. It would be silly to wish ill on a studio and a game series that both have a passionate following.

Why you've chosen to take this personally is a mystery to me. All I've done is use the information presented in this post, and now the article that you shared, to provide supporting evidence that the claim Fable is coming out "sooner than you think" has no foundational basis in anything resembling truth or fact, and is based exclusively on tangential information that does not directly support that claim, using an article that explicitly states the information presented is speculation.

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

11697

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11697 Posts

I've seen nothing from this game to get excited about.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

16590

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16590 Posts

@davillain: yeah, but I think pg is trying to be realistic. We're using the Xbox 12 tflop to really push a real life simulation of what an actual female would look like when she's living in a jungle for weeks and months, fighting ogres and so on, no time for makeup. That's true realism. When she cleans up back in town, her appearance will also improve.

The level of detail, and imagination of pg games is truly shocking.

Avatar image for Mozelleple112
Mozelleple112

11293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#38 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: Source on those claims? Especially the Halo remake.

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
IMAHAPYHIPPO

4198

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#39 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@Mozelleple112: Send me a DM

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

34732

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#40  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34732 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

You hyped for a new Fable SW?

No. I need to see a game first. But I'm interested, partly because I really like the atmosphere of the first game, and I want to see how a racing game developer tackles an action RPG.

Whatever idSoftware is working on though I probably need in my veins asap.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

44238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#41  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@SecretPolice said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

"This year's debut trailer for Fable, which was released last year"

Source for this article? It doesn't even seem proofread.

Hiring more devs is not an indication a game is close to release, it's an indication that they hired more devs. Seems like a fan took some words and rearranged them to make them mean something that they don't mean.

OMG, I've been busted, I wrote this all from scratch. Don't' I look the fool. ;o

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/microsoft-is-rapidly-working-on-fable-the-release-date-is-closer-than-expected/ar-BB1iLEGO

Read it and weep. Fable Rebbot >>>>> You. lolol :P

Thank you for providing the source, which I asked for without ever suggesting you made this up. Again, taking words to make them mean something they don't.

I maintain that the article wasn't proofread, as evidenced by stating that the trailer released this year and last year in the same sentence.

The source is a YouTuber who has a channel featuring reactions, speculation, and rumors. (AKA: opinions and guesses)

The only tangible fact presented in this article is that Playground Games is hiring, which is not an indication of anything other than that they are hiring.

This article is speculation and hearsay, and the writer of it even states that in saying, "If these speculations turn out to be correct"

Your response seems to be written with the assumption that I'm not excited about Fable, when you end it with "Fable Rebbot [sic] >>>>> You," which isn't even a tangible, measurable competition; I am a person. Fable is a video game. We're not competing for anything at all, nor will we ever be. And I'm quite excited about a new Fable game and hope Playground Games knocks it out of the park. It would be silly to wish ill on a studio and a game series that both have a passionate following.

Why you've chosen to take this personally is a mystery to me. All I've done is use the information presented in this post, and now the article that you shared, to provide supporting evidence that the claim Fable is coming out "sooner than you think" has no foundational basis in anything resembling truth or fact, and is based exclusively on tangential information that does not directly support that claim, using an article that explicitly states the information presented is speculation.

Geeezerz, nice meltdown. lol

Nope nothing personal in fact, it was playful like always but for you SW be serial bidness I guess. lol The thing is that for the two weeks prior folks were making a dozen threads about MS leaving the console biz going full third party and Day One was ending and using just youtube vids and rumors but alas, I just can't seem to recall you challenging their sources.

Weird or perhaps I missed you in those dozen threads calling'em out and you can share what I missed?

Not a very happy hippo, are you? lol :P

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

7275

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#42 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7275 Posts

2 was my favourite RPG on Xbox 360 have high hopes playground can deliver. Worrying we haven't seen many updates.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70224

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#43 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70224 Posts
@fedor said:

I've seen nothing from this game to get excited about.

Wut?
Wut?

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
IMAHAPYHIPPO

4198

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#44 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@SecretPolice: I should have read your other replies before responding and realized that you have the emotional maturity of a third grader. Given that you interpreted every part of my response incorrectly, it seems you also have the intelligence of a third grader. Good luck.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

59271

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59271 Posts

It will be interesting to see the sales for this. Since Fable 1 (which had to be re-released due to underperforming) sales have had diminishing returns with increasing apathy.

We also live in an age now where console plebs can experience real RPGs like Baldurs Gate 3, the universe opening up.

Overall will don't wish ill on this game, unless it does something drastic or has overwhelming quality can't see it making a mark beyond the 60000000 Youtube videos complaining about it being woke due to not having a big tittied anime babe.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

3769

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#46 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Maybe they could "rapidly" work on a main character design that doesn't look like some abomination from Dr. Moreau's laboratory.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

58463

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#47 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58463 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

...

Hiring more devs is not an indication a game is close to release, it's an indication that they hired more devs. Seems like a fan took some words and rearranged them to make them mean something that they don't mean.

It could mean it is "Feature complete", and the new hires are essentially quality testers and bug squashers. In other words, the game is more or less built and finished, they just need to polish it.

I doubt it, though. Not holding my breath.

Avatar image for saint-george
Saint-George

1373

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#48 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1373 Posts

The hype is real!

Loading Video...

Unless you were begging MS to give you it via xbox going fully third party..then

Avatar image for last_lap
Last_Lap

6611

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#49 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6611 Posts

@nod_calypse said:

Maybe they could "rapidly" work on a main character design that doesn't look like some abomination from Dr. Moreau's laboratory.

You're supposed to be a woman and instead of supporting this game you're trying to tear this game and thus its main character down.

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

44651

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#50 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44651 Posts

Wasn't NateTheHate was the insider who pushed the Xbox apocalypse FUD that caused all that recent commotion? Why listen to him now?

I mean we already know Playground is supposed to be working on a Fable game, so, not exactly prophetic.