uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36536 Posts

Microsoft put up a swanky trailer for a video game, the graphical detail is off-da-hook. Possibly the most detailed environmental game ever.

have watched last night's Microsoft Flight Simulator gameplay trailer numerous times today and gosh, what a majestic thing this game looks to be.

So, yes, I could give you the press release spiel: Microsoft has now confirmed a bunch of aeroplane companies it will officially license planes from: Airbus, Boeing, CubCrafters, Daher, Diamond Aircraft Industries, ICON Aircraft, Robin Aircraft and Textron Aviation.

Or you could just watch the trailer a couple more times and marvel at its astonishing recreation of the planet below.

Crank this up to full screen and 4K.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 uninspiredcup

Additional crap stolen from some website.

“Every aeroplane manufacturer” wants Microsoft Flight Simulator to help solve the pilot crisis

Fans were treated to another look at Microsoft Flight Simulator at X019, with a pretty breathtaking gameplay trailer “captured in real-time 4K.” But, it looks like there are hopes that it will entice more than just simmers – Microsoft Flight Simulator head Jorg Neumann has said that aeroplane companies are hoping that the sim will help to address the ‘pilot crisis.’

In an interview at X019, Neumann tells us that, “there’s a thing in our society or world that is called the ‘pilot crisis,'” explaining that, “there’s [a shortfall of] 100,000 pilots, and it’s a huge crisis. Every aeroplane manufacturer wants us to help solve it.”

When asked if the sim’s devs are positioning themselves to help train or interest potential future pilots, Neumann says: “We’re not positioning ourselves; they want us to. Right now, it costs like $140,000 to become a pilot, and if you fail the final test twice, you’re done for life – you can’t come back.”

Talking about how this can be quite a “brutal” process, Neumann continues, saying that helping people “get used to it, and finding people’s strengths, it’s all about that. What are their strengths and aptitudes? We can help with that.”

Earlier this year, Dennis Muilenburg, the CEO of aeroplane company Boeing talked about this issue, saying that the increasing shortage of pilots presented “one of the biggest challenges” to the airline industry. At the time, Boeing forecast that the industry would need around 800,000 new pilots over the next two decades.

There’s no set release date for Microsoft Flight Simulator just yet, but you can check out the trailer above if you’re keen to get an idea of what to expect when it does arrive sometime next year.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14681 Posts

Impressive stuff.

How much further can you go, and how much more could aviation enthusiasts possibly desire? This shit looks nigh photo realistic, and this is going to be a foundation that will endure for many years to come. They just need to continue to build detail into the lesser traveled environments after the main population areas and most visited locations are paid heed to first.

This and RDR2 are making me hold off on buying a new rig yet, I think I'll give it a year or two for the new cards to hit so I can play these games as they were meant to be played.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4329 Posts

Wow I would probably give that game a whirl if I knew I can get that detail and those draw distances. I wonder how demanding it is.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 956 Posts

Unless it's in VR------>no point. Same goes for racing games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29045 Posts

Looks absolutely stunning. I’ll get this on console though so it won’t look as good as that but I’m sure that it’ll look good enough for me.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4709 Posts

Put some guns on those planes and I'm in.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 2747 Posts

Alpha testing sign up is available on their website.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3567 Posts

Just give me VR support with auto pilot along with my own custom songs and I'm in.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 13624 Posts

This game should come with a helmet, because once you start playing the boredom will kick in and if there's a coffee table in front of you then you will fall asleep falling forward onto that coffee table :(

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45059 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

This game should come with a helmet, because once you start playing the boredom will kick in and if there's a coffee table in front of you then you will fall asleep falling forward onto that coffee table :(

So what you're trying to say is that flight sims are a niche genre? Who would have thunk it.

@subspecies said:

Not being in VR isn't a no-buy for me, but I do agree it would be incredible.

I play DCS World in VR and it's simply amazing.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_P_Daily

@mrbojangles25 said:
@i_p_daily said:

So what you're trying to say is that flight sims are a niche genre? Who would have thunk it.

No that's not what i'm trying to say at all, and how you got to that conclusion is mind boggling.

I'm saying is that once you take off you sit there and do what, look out the window lol.

I'm saying it will be boring to the point you will probably fall asleep, I have no idea where niche falls into that, maybe you should lay of the special cookies.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5649 Posts

Best looking sleeping aid on the market.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5275 Posts

Absolutely beautiful game. I'd like to see an evolved version of this tech applied to modern open-world games in the future.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 npiet1

@i_p_daily: So flight sims aren't for you then, I can completely understand why people would want to play flight sims just as anyone would like to play car sim.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Subspecies

@npiet1: You're talking to a moron, you know.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4796 Posts

Looks like something perfect to chill out along with some fine music and herbs.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 I_P_Daily

@subspecies said:

@npiet1: You're talking to a moron, you know.

Wait he wasn't talking to you reduc :)

PS...don't be so hard on yourself :(

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 I_P_Daily
@npiet1 said:

@i_p_daily: So flight sims aren't for you then, I can completely understand why people would want to play flight sims just as anyone would like to play car sim.

Oh i'm fully aware of that, but after take off there really isn't much to do unless a snarge happens and you need to do an emergency landing, whereas a driving sim still requires you to be playing while on the track and you're racing against AI.

This game is going to need a lot of things going on while in the air otherwise a helmet would be required.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 npiet1

@i_p_daily:

• Fly to places
  • Try to do cool air tricks
  • Fly planes that are impossible to fly anywhere else
  • Races
  • Multiplayer

Hows it different to a racing sim besides doing more?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 13504 Posts

This alone makes me want to buy this game:

You'll be able to fly anywhere and have the place you're flying over accurately modeled based on real data that's fed into the game in real time.

Can't wait to do some tricks flying under and over bridges and fly over my neighborhood.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Zero_epyon said:

This alone makes me want to buy this game:

Loading Video...

You'll be able to fly anywhere and have the place you're flying over accurately modeled based on real data that's fed into the game in real time.

Can't wait to do some tricks flying under and over bridges and fly over my neighborhood.

Yes, I think this (as in legit) will be the undisputed master of detail (and scale) probably for years to come, going into next gen.

The earth (in it's entirety) mapped down to cementers.

And for stuff that couldn't be mapped in 3D, machine learning to generate 2.5 trillions of trees. Water and grass proceduraly generated, effected by wind.

Loading Video...

We've moved far on from the days where close up of terrain would look like a splashed watercolor texture.

Utherellus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Utherellus
Member since 2016 • 57 Posts

Microsoft actually surpassed Sony with tech and photorealism? nice

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#24 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37045 Posts

Still not interested lol

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 I_P_Daily

@npiet1 said:

@i_p_daily:

• Fly to places
  • Races
  • Multiplayer

Yeah like I said once in the air set the co-pilot to do everything for you while you sit back and down a cuppa in the hope you don't fall asleep.

races, MP, air tricks LOL.

If you're one of those people who enjoys these type of games then more power to you, but lets not compare them to racing games where you need to actually control the car the whole time because that's a bit silly :(

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 2791 Posts

@subspecies said:

Yup definitely no point to the sequel of one of the greatest sim/game in history that many professional pilots begin their career on and to this day use to train.

EDIT: Oh I thought you were the only troll but then I scrolled down. Completely forgotten I'm in SW surrounded by consolites who grew up with press 'X' to win Michael Bay non-games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrbojangles25

@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@i_p_daily said:

No that's not what i'm trying to say at all, and how you got to that conclusion is mind boggling.

I'm saying is that once you take off you sit there and do what, look out the window lol.

I'm saying it will be boring to the point you will probably fall asleep, I have no idea where niche falls into that, maybe you should lay of the special cookies.

Niche means, more or less, it's not for everyone/for a specific kind of person.

In other words, it would take a special kind of person to not fall asleep while playing.

Therefore...niche game.

I wasn't so much putting words into your mouth as just stating a conclusion from those words. Relax bud. Have a special cookie.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mrbojangles25
@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:

@i_p_daily:

• Fly to places
  • Races
  • Multiplayer

Yeah like I said once in the air set the co-pilot to do everything for you while you sit back and down a cuppa in the hope you don't fall asleep.

If you're one of those people who enjoys these type of games then more power to you, but lets not compare them to racing games where you need to actually control the car the whole time because that's a bit silly :(

Is there a driver shortage in the world? I don't think so. Shit man they'll let any asshole with a license and insurance drive people around. Meanwhile, there is a shortage of pilots.

Frankly I think you're being the silly one here, there's a lot more to flying than there is to driving. For starters, a third dimension.

Weather is more of a factor. Landing and takeoffs alone are arguably more stressful than a few hundred left turns in a NASCAR race.

Let's think of worse-case scenarios, too. If a passenger vehicle crashes, like a bus, maybe a few people die and a few are injured. If an airliner crashes, a couple hundred people are likely dying. Flying simply has higher stakes, higher risks, higher stress, than driving.

All of these factors can be incorporated into a flight sim. It makes for a high-intensity, slow burn, experience.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5586 Posts

Yeah flight sim, baby!

I hope there is passenger sim too for the larger commercial planes.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 I_P_Daily

@mrbojangles25: You must be American as using Nascar is a very poor example of racing, either that or you were really trying to over sell your point because it was rather lacking lol.

As for your other post, no I meant it was boring, popular games like Fortnite are boring also, it has nothing to do with how many people play them, so being niche has nothing to do with it is what i'm saying.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 I_P_Daily
@pc_rocks said:

Yup definitely no point to the sequel of one of the greatest sim/game in history that many professional pilots begin their career on and to this day use to train.

EDIT: Oh I thought you were the only troll but then I scrolled down. Completely forgotten I'm in SW surrounded by consolites who grew up with press 'X' to win Michael Bay non-games.

Yeah no point unless you're training to be a pilot, you should of checked yourself before you wrecked yourself and this training tool lol.

Oh and I grew up pressing start 1 & 2 thank you very much.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Subspecies

@pc_rocks: Hey now, old man. No need for hyperventilation.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 npiet1

@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:

@i_p_daily:

• Fly to places
  • Races
  • Multiplayer

Yeah, you've never even played one, there's a lot more to it then just sitting back lol.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 I_P_Daily

@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:

@i_p_daily:

• Fly to places
  • Races
  • Multiplayer

Yeah, you've never even played one, there's a lot more to it then just sitting back lol.

Yeah i'm sure like getting a slap in the face for asking a stewardess to join the mile high club while the planes on auto-pilot :P

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 br0kenrabbit  Online
Member since 2004 • 16225 Posts
@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:

@i_p_daily:

• Fly to places
  • Races
  • Multiplayer

Non-sim players don't understand...it's the mechanics themselves that are interesting. Even just watching the engines respond to input...

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#36 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 7512 Posts

Visually it's damn impressive, I remember thinking the same thing about FSX when I first saw that back in the day. I'll never play this though it's just not my thing.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 npiet1

@i_p_daily:Yeah cause people playing are going to use auto-pilot.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 2791 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@pc_rocks said:

Yeah no point unless you're training to be a pilot, you should of checked yourself before you wrecked yourself and this training tool lol.

Funny I didn't became a pilot nor wanted to yet, FS was one of the first games I played in my childhood and to this day I have fond memories for it? What's the next goal post move?

@subspecies said:

@pc_rocks: Hey now, old man. No need for hyperventilation.

Nah, just putting you peasants to your place. You know you hit a nail on the head when lems and cows unite in their DC.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 11939 Posts

You guys realize IP is just trying to get a rise out of you, right? Obviously flight sims are not about sitting there with autopilot on and sexually harassing flight attendants. He knows this.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39471 Posts

@xantufrog said:

You guys realize IP is just trying to get a rise out of you, right? Obviously flight sims are not about sitting there with autopilot on and sexually harassing flight attendants. He knows this.

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell them that. This is the best parts of SW ;)

@cainetao11 said:

Still not interested lol

And I prefer Space Sims then an actual Flight sims. So yeah, not interest in this at all. But for those who are, I hope you all really enjoy Microsoft Flight Simulator :)

Daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 2150 Posts

Wow that was a very boring trailer, but w very beautiful looking game .

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5275 Posts

I mean, for people that want that game where you're on a boring flight trying to pass the time, there's this...

Loading Video...

... but I rather be in the pilot's chair.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#43 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37045 Posts

It doesn't interest me because flying a plane doesn't interest me. Death Stranding doesn't interest me because being a mailman doesn't interest me.

sts106mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sts106mat
Member since 2005 • 24908 Posts

Looking forward to this one

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 I_P_Daily

@pc_rocks said:
@i_p_daily said:
@pc_rocks said:

Funny I didn't became a pilot nor wanted to yet, FS was one of the first games I played in my childhood and to this day I have fond memories for it? What's the next goal post move?

Nah, just putting you peasants to your place. You know you hit a nail on the head when lems and cows unite in their DC.

Hey I haven't moved any goal posts insecure hermy, you said it is used to train real life pilots, so its more a training simulator than a game, i'm just using what YOU gave me.

How am I damage controlling this as its also coming out on the XB1, so I have no need to, man you sure seem angry, maybe because you keep getting put in your place lasterracer :(

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 I_P_Daily

@xantufrog said:

I get the feeling that you're trying to hurt my feelings, but it won't work, it won't wor…

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 npiet1

@xantufrog said:

Oh we know ;) we are just as bored lol.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 5621 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
This shit looks nigh photo realistic...

That's because the ground textures are literally photos. It's satellite imagery stretched over a terrain mesh, which is something that X-Plane enthusiasts have been doing for years using software like Ortho4XP.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 5621 Posts
out@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@i_p_daily said:

You've obviously never played a flight simulator, or had any experience flying a real airplane. Your statement is like saying that driving a car requires nothing more than exiting the driveway and then just sitting there looking out the window. There's obviously a lot more to it than that, and it's a very engaging experience.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By uninspiredcup
@blueinheaven said:

Put some guns on those planes and I'm in.

They really should bring back combat flight-simulator, as far as World War 2 stuff goes, it's very limited now.

Loading Video...

The thing about historical flight-sims compared to other forms of media like reading or movies, these are about as accurate and close as you can get outside of time-travelling to experiencing the events, it's something specific to gaming no other medium can do.