Microsoft can't be successful this generation.

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

They've heavily relied on third party multiplats all last gen. Now with PS4 having the superior versions, what does Microsoft have to compete?

The system is $499 and more expensive than most gamers are willing to accept. PS4 is out-selling XB1 3-1.

What will Microsoft have to do to save the system?

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

It's 500 not 600, and it could be 400 easily if they made a kinect-less Sku. They are also trying to get cable companies to subsidize the Xbox where they could sell them for as low as 100 dollars if they sign a contract with it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

I believe it is $499.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

They've heavily relied on third party multiplats all last gen. Now with PS4 having the superior versions, what does Microsoft have to compete?

The system is $599 and more expensive than most gamers are willing to accept. PS4 is out-selling XB1 3-1.

The PS4 can have all the superior version it wants. Fact is that XBL userbase is already established and there and once Tfall and Halo 5 drops, you'll see the true spell MS has over brodudes

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zen_Light

I forgot to mention the lack of quality exclusives in Microsoft's camp in the op. I don't think a few online bro games can save them because XB1 is only going to be available in a few places. Stupid move, Microsoft.

dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

Stupid. So f'ing stupid...

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By RVCA823
Member since 2006 • 2839 Posts

Microsoft is hoping that the One becomes the primary entertainment device in households. They've marketed the console as such, and aren't as focused on making gaming as much of a main selling-point. Their definition of success will probably be determined by having as many gamers and non-gamers convert to the Microsoft ecosystem through the One. I don't think think they are concerned whether their games match their PS4 counterparts, and they've said as much.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@Zen_Light: yes it stupid of ms to target 13 nations. with limited stock... sony may be targeting more nationa but their supply is crippled to the people thqt do want to buy it

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

I forgot to mention the lack of quality exclusives in Microsoft's camp in the op. I don't think a few online bro games can save them because XB1 is only going to be available in a few places. Stupid move, Microsoft.

They have a lot of quality IPs to draw from. I don't think that will be an issue.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Xbox One has many competitive advantages and their biggest is Xbox Live.

Multiplats may have slightly better graphics on PS4, but they can be played on a better online service on Xbox One and to many people that is more important. I plan to get both Xbox One and PS4 and I don't care how much better the graphics are in the PS4 version, if it has multiplayer, I'll be getting the Xbox One version without a doubt just to play it with my friends on the superior online service. And if I was forced to only buy one of the consoles, despite the fact that I prefer Sony's exclusives over Microsoft's, I would still choose Xbox One just because of Xbox Live.

And I know I'm not the only person that feels like that. All of my gamer friends are not even contemplating abandoning Xbox, even if they have a few complaints about Xbox One, because there is no way that they want to leave Xbox Live.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lol, it makes me laugh that having friends is such a sin in sw that you sw contributers have to go after people that do have them with a bro label.

look, i'm sorry you are unlikable and people avoid you but i have friends and those dudes are my bros.

maybe you should work on your people skills so that you have some dudesbros in your life too because it is pretty sweet.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zen_Light

@Riverwolf007 said:

lol, it makes me laugh that having friends is such a sin in sw that you sw contributers have to go after people that do have them with a bro label.

look, i'm sorry you are unlikable and people avoid you but i have friends and those dudes are my bros.

maybe you should work on your people skills so that you have some dudesbros in your life too because it is pretty sweet.

Only on SW do posters confuse online "friends" with the real world. There there pal, I'm sure some of those online anons like you, at least a little bit in their hearts.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

Multiplats may have slightly better graphics on PS4, but they can be played on a better online service on Xbox One and to many people that is more important. I plan to get both Xbox One and PS4 and I don't care how much better the graphics are in the PS4 version, if it has multiplayer, I'll be getting the Xbox One version without a doubt just to play it with my friends on the superior online service. And if I was forced to only buy one of the consoles, despite the fact that I prefer Sony's exclusives over Microsoft's, I would still choose Xbox One just because of Xbox Live.

And I know I'm not the only person that feels like that. All of my gamer friends are not even contemplating abandoning Xbox, even if they have a few complaints about Xbox One, because there is no way that they want to leave Xbox Live.

XBL isn't superior to PSN, especially since only 1 game on it is running on Microsoft's dedicated server.

PSN > XBL this gen.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Riverwolf007

@Zen_Light said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Only on SW do posters confuse online "friends" with the real world. There there pal, I'm sure some of those online anons like you, at least a little bit in their hearts.

i'm talking about the guys i know in reality.

i play my games with them all the time and they are exactly the games sw dorks deride as bro games.

we have fun and laugh and give each other shyt and generally have a blast so it makes me laugh to see "brogames" get such a short end of the stick in sw.

it's a shame.

really.

it is.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zen_Light

@Riverwolf007 said:

@Zen_Light said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i play my games with them all the time and they are exactly the games sw dorks deride as bro games.

we have fun and laugh and give each other shyt and generally have a blast so it makes me laugh to see "brogames" get such a short end of the stick in sw.

it's a shame.

really.

it is.

Every gamer has a crap label here made to annoy them, so accept it without resorting to being personal.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Riverwolf007

@Zen_Light said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@Zen_Light said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

it's a shame.

really.

it is.

Every gamer has a crap label here made to annoy them, so accept it without resorting to being personal.

so ridiculing fun games that friends play together as bad games or less hardcore (or whatever the complaint about brogames is) is less personal than me calling out people that don't understand what it is like to have friends?

now i would never call my friends "brah" because it would be lame and we don't do that but i am willing to accept that i have friends and that those dudes are my bros.

unspoken or not things are what they are and me making fun of people that don't or can't understand what that friend experience is like seems like a pretty legit thing to make fun of.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zen_Light

@Riverwolf007 said:

@Zen_Light said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@Zen_Light said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

it's a shame.

really.

it is.

so ridiculing fun games that friends play together as bad is less personal than me calling out people that don't understand what it is like to have friends?

now i would never call my friends "brah" because it would be lame and we don't do that but i am willing to accept that i have friends and that those dudes are my bros.

unspoken or not things are what they are and me making fun of people that don't or can't understand what that friend experience is like seems like a pretty legit thing to make fun of.

In reality I probably have more friends than you do. You're just upset that I use SW terms that you are offended by.

Just because my friends and I have higher standards than playing mindless shooters, doesn't mean you and yours should feel inadequate. *shrugs*

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Riverwolf007

@Zen_Light said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@Zen_Light said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@Zen_Light said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

it's a shame.

really.

it is.

so ridiculing fun games that friends play together as bad is less personal than me calling out people that don't understand what it is like to have friends?

In reality I probably have more friends than you do. You're just upset that I use SW terms that you are offended by. *shrugs*

lol, upset?

no i'm not upset but i will continue to ridicule the use of dudebrogames every chance i get until you guys wise up about how stupid it makes you sound.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4574 Posts

How exactly is xbox live any better? I own a 360, ps3, and ps4. Psn on ps3 was only missing cross game chat, now they have it with ps4 while xbox one made trophies and party chat way worse than it was on the 360. I don't see why xbox fans still say xbl is better than psn or ps+.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zen_Light

@iambatman7986 said:

How exactly is xbox live any better? I own a 360, ps3, and ps4. Psn on ps3 was only missing cross game chat, now they have it with ps4 while xbox one made trophies and party chat way worse than it was on the 360. I don't see why xbox fans still say xbl is better than psn or ps+.

Because that's all they have left to cling to, even though it's made of straw.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

The system is $499 and more expensive than most gamers are willing to accept. PS4 is out-selling XB1 3-1.

lol says the guy with a Wii U avatar............. sigh

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

Your claiming 2.1 million PS4 against 700,000 X1?

If X1 has 2 million units, are your claiming PS4 has 6 million units?

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zen_Light

@ronvalencia said:

@Zen_Light said:

Your claiming 2.1 million PS4 against 700,000 X1?

If X1 has 2 million units, are your claiming PS4 has 6 million units?

I never said total sales, just that PS4 is outselling XB1 right now on Amazon, 3 to 1. http://n4g.com/news/1418621/playstation-4-s-selling-3-to-1-vs-xbox-one-on-amazon

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#25 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I believe it is $499.

That chick is hot as hell. Nice grab :)

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

MS can be successful, but I don't believe they'll outsell Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

Multiplats may have slightly better graphics on PS4, but they can be played on a better online service on Xbox One

It baffles me people keep saying this with no support whatsoever just because XBL was better than PSN LAST gen. PS3 PSN =/= PS4 PSN

Now stop with the misinformation.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

TC is a mindless cow.

X1 has more quality exclusives than ps4. Im sorry but crappy indie exclusives do not count, the only thing worth a pinch of shit is naughty dog.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Lems are still living in the past. They still believe Halo has the strong sway it had back in 2007 and that XBL is still superior to PSN like it was with the PS3. All those advantages are gone this gen. PS4 has party chat and is cheaper than XBL so no advantages there. Halo 4 was a flop with its fans, and even if it wasn't COD and BF have the dudebro crowd now. PS4 is $100 cheaper, has all the superior multiplats like COD and BF, and has the far better exclusives from Sony.

Titanfall will be successful but mostly successful on the 360, not many people will spend $500 to play it at 720p when you can already do that on the 360, and at 1080p and higher on PC. The next Titanfall will be in PS4 for sure so any hope of it being like GeOW last gen is all foolish. Xbone will be a successful console but definitely not as successful as the PS4 this gen. Sony is gonna be the big winner this gen with regards to sales. They are already winning now and will continue to for the foreseeable future.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

I'd like to point out that sales for the xbox 360 and ps3 are now basically dead even. I actually bought the ps4 at launch based on their vast array of exclusive titles, but having recently purchased the Xbox One, I'm finding a lot more to like in the early part of 2014. Either way, both consoles will be excellent, and both of them will bring success to Sony and Microsoft.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

Microsoft is always lacking in the exclsuvies. Don't know why anybody would ever purchase an M$ console before buying the other 2.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

Microsoft is always lacking in the exclsuvies. Don't know why anybody would ever purchase an M$ console before buying the other 2.

@Evo_nine said:

TC is a mindless cow.

X1 has more quality exclusives than ps4. Im sorry but crappy indie exclusives do not count, the only thing worth a pinch of shit is naughty dog.

WTF? M$ can't even match Nintendo in exclusives ,let alone touch Sony.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Hopefully one day the ps4 will actually have decent games to take up some of these cows' time. That way we might get a little rest from all the ignorant threads like this that pop up. Instead all we here about are sales or resolution differences that mean next to nothing at this point in time.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

it can't be saved, even if they reduce the price to 399

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@YoshiYogurt said:

@Evo_nine said:

TC is a mindless cow.

WTF? M$ can't even match Nintendo in exclusives ,let alone touch Sony.

lol Nintendo

and lol flower

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Another baseless assumptions thread, awesome *rolls eyes*

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@crimsonman1245 said:

It's 500 not 600, and it could be 400 easily if they made a kinect-less Sku. They are also trying to get cable companies to subsidize the Xbox where they could sell them for as low as 100 dollars if they sign a contract with it.

In which case the consumer would be paying the cable company. That's not a win for the consumer.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

I think too many people but too much emphasis on Titanfall. Regardless of how successful it will be, chances are its sequel will be on PS4 anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Oh course Microsoft can be successful this generation just like they were successful last generation, this thread is about you not wanting Microsoft to be successful cause you want Sony to rule over gaming all by themselves which would be not so successful for gamers worldwide.

rtechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rtechie
Member since 2003 • 87 Posts

The key advantage of Xbox Live is that it's run by Microsoft.

Remember that Microsoft is a major online services company and has been for decades. Azure, Hotmail, Office 365, Bing, MSN/Zune/Xbox Music,etc. Microsoft knows how to do online services, have their own datacenters, etc.

Sony doesn't bring any comparable experience to the table and it showed with PSN. Unlike the Xbox 360, PSN development as kicked off to 3rd parties in the USA, and poor security and design is why PSN was down for months. Sony hasn't suddenly reinvented itself as an online services company and is still kicking everything to 3rd parties like Gaikai. Long term, this means that Microsoft is in a better position to handle server load and similar issues.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@rtechie said:

The key advantage of Xbox Live is that it's run by Microsoft.

Remember that Microsoft is a major online services company and has been for decades. Azure, Hotmail, Office 365, Bing, MSN/Zune/Xbox Music,etc. Microsoft knows how to do online services, have their own datacenters, etc.

Sony doesn't bring any comparable experience to the table and it showed with PSN. Unlike the Xbox 360, PSN development as kicked off to 3rd parties in the USA, and poor security and design is why PSN was down for months. Sony hasn't suddenly reinvented itself as an online services company and is still kicking everything to 3rd parties like Gaikai. Long term, this means that Microsoft is in a better position to handle server load and similar issues.

No one is complaining about PSN on PS4 and that is because the service works fine. Xbox Live is not a reason to choose Xflop over PS4. It is actually a reason to NOT choose Xflop because EVERYTHING is locked behind that paywall. Only online MP is locked behind PS Plus. And you actually get good games each month with PS Plus.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Another thread giving me a headache.

The One doesn't have to be #1 in sales in order to be successful. If it's selling millions, providing a major platform for MS to break into the living room like they always wanted to, are putting/getting the games on their platform that their purchasers want, and if they're not losing a ton of money, it can be called an unmitigated success.

Success in the business world isn't defined as "being #1 or you failed." Jesus.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Xbox will continue to be successful as long as Microsoft is pumping enough money into it, they'll absorb losses but they really do need to deliver. It would be bad news if the new CEO decides to castrate the money sink and ship it off to a company with games in mind.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#44 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Well said Riverwolf007. Seems you have to like jrpgs, and not enjoy sports games or online shooters. I love to play with battle buddies, and look forward to doing it

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

lol @ people claiming xbox live better than PSN+ those that do really should find another sport

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

lol @ people claiming xbox live better than PSN+ those that do really should find another sport

proof?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Define success because by all accounts it has been hugely successful. It has sold more at launch than any other Xbox before it. Each unit is sold at a profit not a loss like previous gens. Where is the xbone failing exactly? Is it because it's not selling as much as the ps4 at launch? If that's the case both the ps3 and 360 failed miserably. Yall are trying too hard.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Oh wait this is one of those cow circle jerk where you all come to discuss just how disconnected frrom reality you are. Ok I get it. I'm out of here carry along.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

Define success because by all accounts it has been hugely successful. It has sold more at launch than any other Xbox before it. Each unit is sold at a profit not a loss like previous gens. Where is the xbone failing exactly? Is it because it's not selling as much as the ps4 at launch? If that's the case both the ps3 and 360 failed miserably. Yall are trying too hard.

Yeah i don't get this. were judging on 1 month? really?

xbox 25 million

xbox 360 80 million (less then 1 million in 1st month

xbox one ? total (over 2 million in 1st month)

where as sony is at

PS2 150+ million

PS3 80 million

PS4? total (over 2 million 1st month)

Both consoles have been extremely successful so far with their 1st month sales much higher then last gen, Supply has been better. X1 has nearly a 0% failure rate and sony isn't that far behind either.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Microsoft & Sony will both be successful this gen.