Microsoft begins issuing security warnings against "phishing attempts"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheKing012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheKing012
Member since 2011 • 1191 Posts

in light of the unbanning of all banned consoles on Xbox 360, and Sony having the biggest security breach in the history of mankind, now it seems possible that others might be taking advantage of the current "situation" to scam in on phishing attempts through Xbox Live, which has prompted Microsoft to begin issuing security warnings.

all I have to say is...smh. it's sad that we actually have people in the world who literally *live* for malicious activity.

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

in light of the unbanning of all banned consoles on Xbox 360, and Sony having the biggest security breach in the history of mankind, now it seems possible that others might be taking advantage of the current "situation" to scam in on phishing attempts through Xbox Live, which has prompted Microsoft to begin issuing security warnings.

all I have to say is...smh. it's sad that we actually have people in the world who literally *live* for malicious activity.

TheKing012

I'm curious what makes this one so different than the other phishing attempts that go on.