Microsoft becoming the Netflix of the gaming industry will be HUGELY disruptive to Sony and Nintendo.

• 127 results
Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Their ultimate goal will probably be to drive Sony out of the gaming business, as Sony do not have the capital to compete. Nintendo can keep on doing their own thing - its evident MS do not view them as competition.

If they are serious about becoming the 'Netflix' of gaming, then there will be a lot more studio acquisitions to come. Although I'm not sold on the EA rumour, due to their reliance on licenced games.

Agreed. It's the same reason why Disney bought Fox. It's for the IPs to compete against Netflix. Buying EA will be the same reason, EA has a treasure trove of IPs that can be used or reused.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#52 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Why do gamers constantly think a "Netflix of Gaming" will ever work?

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Daniel_Su123

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Because that is a market that isn't filled yet. Because of reoccurring revenue and because of its cheap price every month.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@daniel_su123 said:
@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

lol no

Even if this does take off, Sony and Nintendo have much better libraries to offer; either physical/digital or through some rental service.

Since when does Sony and Nintendo have the infrastructure and money to get a Netflix-like gaming service to work? Someone made a perfect analogy here. Sony or Nintendo may become the HBO GO of gaming. But they will definitely not become the Netflix of gaming or otherwise the 'go to' for content.

They already have gaming distribution services. Sony in particular are more ready then you think. Stuff like ps now, ps vue and most important ps plus shows you that sony is ready for any form of distribution. The funny thing is ps now describes what netflix is and psn is the biggest console distribution market.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Why is the news saying 'they could buy...' when said companies arent offering to sell?

see you need both

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I think it will happen, and it will work, but the question stands...is this a good idea?

True, Netflix has given me countless hours of entertainment, plus some extremely unique content like GLOW or Stranger Things (2nd season is questionable). But since I started my subscription in 2010, I could've owned pretty much every series I liked on Bluray, and saved money. Now that doesn't include the shows I didn't like, or the movies I didn't have to rent, or some super sweet documentaries. That also doesn't factor in storing those physical copies, and not having to get up and put them in. But on the flipside, some of those shows and movies aren't on Netflix anymore. And to see them now I have to have more than one service. How many services are we going to need to experience all content we want when they kill physical and rely solely on digital?

I guess what I'm saying is there a clearly pros and cons to this scenario, but I really dislike what it's doing to us; we're selling freedom for convenience.

Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop and think if they should!

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Sphensen said:

if Microsoft becomes Netflix then Nintendo will be HBO GO

Not always a bad thing, in that regard. They keep their stuff and have more QC over it. Though, unlike Nintendo, HBO at least is smart enough to put SOME content on third party distributors. Namely Last Week Tonight on YouTube because of far more important reasons than video games.

I wasn't thinking it to be bad thing. While HBO doesn't have a vast selection they do have some premo content that keeps them afloat

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

It will happen because it's the future. The only people that can't seem to see this are people that are still connected through the internet through ancient ways.

Physical is a dead end. It only still exists at this day of age because again people with ancient internet connections.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Daniel_Su123

@phbz said:

If this happens Nintendo will be less affected than Sony. And it's funny cause while most of people around here constantly shit on Nintendo for being... well, Nintendo. They are the ones that due to their strategy will fell almost no impact over something like this happening. On the bright side, Sony might be hard pushed to bet even more on their 1st party.

Now being paranoid. Who knows if the reason why Sony is going all in this gen isn't already a reaction to this MS move.

Also, it would be interesting seeing Sony securing a ton of Japanese games and MS still struggling in that same area.

Since when can Sony afford to compete? The Netflix model requires you to constantly make/buy IPs. Sony simply doesn't have that money.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Won't affect Nintendo much..cause of that unprecedented partnership with EA... xD ...Sony yes....EA has continued to be shit &..all the crap XB1 has gotten since the Orth & Don Meathead **** up....& people are continuing to shit on XB1..if it happens well they are bringing in the Sports!!! for real!! so disrupt all the way I say. :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Why on earth would you want this? Games as a service blows

Also, Netflix makes almost none of its content, nor will that be MS or Sony's bread and butter for this (Not sure why you seem unaware Sony is unfortunately aggressively building the same type of infrastructure, btw). MS would never, in a million years, buy and buy and buy developers in order to own every part of their service system. If they did, they'd charge you 100/month in order to make a proper profit. The reason that MS and Sony and Netflix can get away with 10-15 a month is that they are getting paid for the service of providing content that costs them less than that to provide. Constantly buying new studios and giving away 60+ dollar games for that price is an unsustainable business model. On the other hand, giving away a small and/or rotating selection of one's property mixed in with a ton of OTHER peoples' games for that price can turn a decent profit

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Gatygun: It exist because there's still a market for it, otherwise it would be gone. Even with amazing internet I'll still take physical 99.9% of the time over digital, why you ask? Because it's mine to do with as I please (within the law of course). I wanna trade it in, sell it, let friends borrow it, etc, I can do it. There's always going to be a market for physical media, hell CDs are still being sold and that market was hit the hardest and fastest by digital ( both legal and illegal). This is something the all digital crowd can't seem to grasp for whatever reason.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Why on earth would you want this? Games as a service blows

Also, Netflix makes almost none of its content, nor will that be MS or Sony's bread and butter for this (Not sure why you seem unaware Sony is unfortunately aggressively building the same type of infrastructure, btw). MS would never, in a million years, buy and buy and buy developers in order to own every part of their service system. If they did, they'd charge you 100/month in order to make a proper profit. The reason that MS and Sony and Netflix can get away with 10-15 a month is that they are getting paid for the service of providing content that costs them less than that to provide. Constantly buying new studios and giving away 60+ dollar games for that price is an unsustainable business model. On the other hand, giving away a small and/or rotating selection of one's property mixed in with a ton of OTHER peoples' games for that price can turn a decent profit

To an extent I agree with you to an extent I disagree.

Netflix spends hundreds of millions making their original content and I'd argue they make a hell of a lot more than next to none of the stuff that appears on the service.

Obviously no one would buy all the developers that make games for their service but under the hypothetical that Microsoft is going the Netflix route then they'd need a steady stream of content to supplement other company's content to entice people to buy their product. That is much in the same vein as Netflix does with it's content.

I agree that 10-15 a month probably won't create a profit but if done right they probably can get a profit out of a system like this.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

Netflix is obviously a successful model for that particular medium, however the question is how well can it translate to the game industry. How would developers/publishers be remunerated is one question, and would it end up being more like a spotify service which kills the income of artists. I’m erring on side of negative for this one – at least with music its strength is in its adaptability and revenue can be gained through live performances, merch, TV, etc. whereas the gaming industry does not have that versatility (certainly single player focused games at least anyway). Maybe it would seem good for the consumer in the short term, I just can't see how it would seem a feasible proposition for a developer. Then again I haven't had a coffee yet.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

Yess this is exactly what I always wanted. To pay a monthly service for games I dont own and still get raped by microtransactions.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TryIt

@poptart said:

Netflix is obviously a successful model for that particular medium, however the question is how well can it translate to the game industry. How would developers/publishers be remunerated is one question, and would it end up being more like a spotify service which kills the income of artists. I’m erring on side of negative for this one – at least with music its strength is in its adaptability and revenue can be gained through live performances, merch, TV, etc. whereas the gaming industry does not have that versatility (certainly single player focused games at least anyway). Maybe it would seem good for the consumer in the short term, I just can't see how it would seem a feasible proposition for a developer. Then again I haven't had a coffee yet.

all those are easy problems. the answers are all 'the same as it works with movies'

the real problem is technical around latency. which for many games is honestly not a problem however for many others it would be

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#68  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

First party console exclusives, so they're looking to offer like 1 or 2 games per year. For a $120 service on top of XBL I hope it will bring some more new games to the table. I mean I hope it will be a good service but I'm not like jumping up and down yet. If it includes new 3rd party games it becomes more interesting.

The idea that you can play a new first party game for $10 is something I'm not sure I believe yet. That would be amazing. There may be a minimum amount of months that you have to subscribe for before being able to cancel it, or some other shenanigans.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TryIt

@KungfuKitten said:

At the moment they're looking to offer like 1 or 2 games per year. I mean I hope it will be a good service but I'm not like jumping up and down yet. If it includes 3rd party games it becomes more interesting.

The idea that you can play a new first party game for $10 is something I'm not sure I believe yet. There may be a minimum amount of months that you have to subscribe for before being able to cancel it, or some other shenanigans.

for me (and I know I dont speak for the majority) I immediately loose intrest at 'can play 1st party games'.

I dont care the price, I have no interest in those games

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@metalboi: No, they're saying it because its a shitty idea period.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TryIt

I also dont think netflix of gaming is going to be 'hugely disruptive'.

the cost of entry into video games is already really low and digital distribution already exists.

I didnt get Netflix because of the cost, I got it because of the convenience and selection of content and that I can watch whenever I want with easy

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

GameFly = Netflix of Gaming

nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 nishanth12
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts

@loganx77 said:

Yess this is exactly what I always wanted. To pay a monthly service for games I dont own and still get raped by microtransactions.

lol well said

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#75  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@nishanth12 said:
@loganx77 said:

lol well said

Double lol.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

MS recently acquired PlayFab, so sounds like MS is ramping up game development and looks like PlayFab will be a huge help for smaller dev. Teams. I think the EA, Valve, mumbo jumbo is far fetched. MS heads been joking they'll buy Purell, Apple and Google on twitter.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#77 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@jcrame10: Because it isn't viable all that long and trade in value sucks. A new one is out every 12 months. Sports gaming definitely benefits from this

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

@tryit said:
@poptart said:

all those are easy problems. the answers are all 'the same as it works with movies'

the real problem is technical around latency. which for many games is honestly not a problem however for many others it would be

Same as movies? So we'll see games initially release at the cinema followed by a physical/digital release 6 months later then finally dumped on a streaming service? Games aren't movies, and people in general don't have the same relationship/attachment with games as they do with movies.

I suppose games could release on a streaming service many months after they've rinsed as much as they can from a physical format. I'm not sure that constitutes 'the future of gaming though' as some people seem to think...

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@jcrame10: the difference is that there is access to many more games. Not saying I like it, but this a seriously pro-consumer move.

billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

MS and Chill

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

Giving a huge boost to Sony and Nintendo isn't what I'd call "hugely disruptive". Retailers don't make money off console sales, but do so to make money off games and accessories; of which, due to size, games are more valuable. This is why the digital prices on consoles don't regularly undercut physical retail prices and why MS including 1st party games on day one for Game Pass already annoys retailers. If MS were to buy EA and all those became MS 1st party, Xbox consoles would disappear from all retail shops within a week. No console can survive when it's only sold by its manufacturer, just look at the quick death of PSP Go. So not only would it cost MS a huge amount from their war chest, it would also cost them their console business. Investors would see this and the stock would get devalued, perhaps to the point where they become vulnerable to takeover by Google or Apple. Either way, with Xbox gone, that leaves more of the pie for Sony and Nintendo. The only way MS could possibly counter this is to restore the margin that retailers expect and hike the MSRP for their consoles by 25%, which will also kill it off.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

MS tried to digitize gaming before, and failed. They will fail again.

Music went digital

Pictures went digital

video went digital

gaming on PC gone mostly digital

Why not gaming on console

They failed in their approach, learnt and went a different way.

they wont fail.

The digital will only work though if games aren't tied to particular hardware. I will NOT buy sony games digitally because of this. But M$... I'm coming around.. and have already bought several play anywhere games.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Console gaming becoming a streaming service is inevitable for both MS and Sony (Nintendo will do their own thing, just as they always have).

@waahahah: The digital will only work though if games aren't tied to particular hardware. I will NOT buy sony games digitally because of this. But M$... I'm coming around.. and have already bought several play anywhere games.

Your thinking is too enclosed in the console generation box. A streaming service would be provided through a set top box, not a traditional console, meaning the generation thing with bespoke software would a thing of the past. The hardware is provided through the data centre, not what you have in your house.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Console gaming becoming a streaming service is inevitable for both MS and Sony (Nintendo will do their own thing, just as they always have).

@waahahah: The digital will only work though if games aren't tied to particular hardware. I will NOT buy sony games digitally because of this. But M$... I'm coming around.. and have already bought several play anywhere games.

Your thinking is too enclosed in the console generation box. A streaming service would be provided through a set top box, not a traditional console, meaning the generation thing with bespoke software would a thing of the past. The hardware is provided through the data centre, not what you have in your house.

The same could be said for PCs as well. With the limits of current materials approaching, the cost of more power will put it out of reach for most individuals and will also shift to a streaming to console setup.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

What is going on in this thread? If MS doesn't make enough software they won't be disrupting much of anything. It would be best to use it to try games before buying them.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Its only for sony, if possible its always better to run software locally... M$ is taking xbox as a platform not a single device. I highly doubt we'll see hard cut offs for forwards compatibility in future consoles. Sony is kind of locked into streaming for now.. we'll see what they do with ps5, Most likely BC will be more important to them.

Streaming will never be a completely popular unless we can find a way to engineer faster electrons/protons to reduce latency of streaming. Otherwise could you imagine lag ontop of input lag in MP? It would be terrible. We've hit a point of diminishing returns with graphics and hardware is and will always be a viable option...

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Lol... when you can't beat em, buy em. A classic Microsoft strategy ever since they became filthy rich. Guess it's time to buy MS stock.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@tryit said:
@daniel_su123 said:
@tryit said:

OP: there are two problems here

1. regardless of the cost, if you dont have games people want to play they are not going to care.

2. to be frank, consoles are on the bottom on the gaming pile. PC and mobile are the only serious factors in the gaming universe so how does this affect those two markets?

I agree it won't affect Mobile markets since Google and Apple dictate the stores they have. However it does help them when they're getting back in the Mobile game, for PC, Steam gained a huge competitor, it's hard to deny, but Xbox Game Pass with EA/MS games will definitely impact Steam.

no it will have ZERO impact on Steam.

you know why? two reasons. 1. Steam dosent even sell most EA titles! 2. Its still an EA game! regardless of the cost.

The most important (by far) element in selling a game is the quality of the game itself, price comes later. I dont want an EA game at any price! and steam users appear to not want them either because they are not there for sale (the new ones)

If anything Tencent's WeGame is Steam's true competitor. China has the biggest gaming market that is still growing. China is steams fastest growing userbase and will eventually generate the most revenue by the end of this year or next. Tencent is partnering with developers to get the rights to distribute their games in China and are making them region lock the Steam versions in China. Tencent already boast about having 200 million users for their platform. This is a big deal because if take a look Chinese are gamers starting to buy things besides PUBG on Steam. China already owns the most copies of GTA V and own the second most copies of games such as The Witcher 3, Nier Automata, Dark Souls 3, Rise Of The Tomb Raider, Bayonetta and several other games, especially Japanese games. If Tencent were to undercut the sales of games like this can be a big hit for Steam.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Yea because NFL, Fifa, Disney and some of the other major brands are only going to let their games on 1 system...

TC has been owned...lolz

SONY, current gen 8 console winner, by golly WINS again.

Thank you SONY. <3

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Yea because NFL, Fifa, Disney and some of the other major brands are only going to let their games on 1 system...

TC has been owned...lolz

Thank you SONY. <3

It wouldn't be on 1 system at very least it would be PC and Xbox.

Microsoft own Minecraft and that's on nearly all systems, so it could be the same here. With profit going to Microsoft.

You totally owned yourselves there

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:
@Heil68 said:
@scatteh316 said:

TC has been owned...lolz

Thank you SONY. <3

Microsoft own Minecraft and that's on nearly all systems, so it could be the same here. With profit going to Microsoft.

It won't because licenses will not be given out, and sales in general will not recoup the investment.

The only thing changes is EA becomes even more god awful.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TryIt

@poptart said:
@tryit said:
@poptart said:

Same as movies? So we'll see games initially release at the cinema followed by a physical/digital release 6 months later then finally dumped on a streaming service? Games aren't movies, and people in general don't have the same relationship/attachment with games as they do with movies.

I suppose games could release on a streaming service many months after they've rinsed as much as they can from a physical format. I'm not sure that constitutes 'the future of gaming though' as some people seem to think...

oh for the love of god since when is when you release something a technical problem.

TECHNICALLY it works the same as movies. you can release it to your gaming streaming services WHEREVER THE _________ YOU WANT

jesus h christ!

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Been using Gamepass for some time now, it needs more titles though. Bought Forza Horizon 3, but I wish Forza 7 comes available soon.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@tryit said:
@poptart said:
@tryit said:
@poptart said:

oh for the love of god since when is when you release something a technical problem.

TECHNICALLY it works the same as movies. you can release it to your gaming streaming services WHEREVER THE _________ YOU WANT

jesus h christ!

Gamepass requires you to download the game install and play. latency wont be a problem. Some games will be delayed in a similar way to movies going to cinema. Some games will go direct to gamepass (Microsoft exclusives to start). Netflix and Amazon exclusives are pretty good and they go straight to their platforms.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Just face it, Lems... The Xbox had one chance to truly displace Sony and they decided to lose focus on that for the Kinect last generation. You can't disrupt gaming without games. You can't make those games without a focus on quality and showing your consoles strength. Ya'll are perpetually doing this thing where you are looking for the "next thing" and it is always the "biggest" or the "best".

Can you please, for once in your fanbases existence, focus on getting things right in the now? Can you address what it is that gamers want and makes them flock to other platforms before trying to deep throat everyone with the next "future"? Just .... once? Would it actually kill you to stop looking at the XBox as some thing we are all supposed to inevitably love and cherish and, instead, just deliver on the expectations of the gamer? Hmm?

You persist on this notion that the rules don't apply to you. You insist that you can "innovate" your way out of a paper bag. It's ridiculous. XBox was at its peak of strength when it was getting a lot of things right including getting an exclusive Tenchu game and an Ace Combat. THAT sold some XBoxes. THAT was disruption! Perhaps that is the single saddest things about the current Lemming population. YOU GOT THINGS RIGHT, but apparently, that was hard work. You refuse to do the one thing that works and you even go so far as to ignore what you got right to try to do it the stupid way. And now we here fam.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@Gatygun said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@Heil68 said:
@scatteh316 said:

TC has been owned...lolz

Thank you SONY. <3

It won't because licenses will not be given out, and sales in general will not recoup the investment.

The only thing changes is EA becomes even more god awful.

@tdkmillsy Self Owned himself. roflmao

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TryIt

@Shewgenja said:

Just face it, Lems... The Xbox had one chance to truly displace Sony and they decided to lose focus on that for the Kinect last generation. You can't disrupt gaming without games. You can't make those games without a focus on quality and showing your consoles strength. Ya'll are perpetually doing this thing where you are looking for the "next thing" and it is always the "biggest" or the "best".

Can you please, for once in your fanbases existence, focus on getting things right in the now? Can you address what it is that gamers want and makes them flock to other platforms before trying to deep throat everyone with the next "future"? Just .... once?

exactly.

when it comes to gaming what is important is the quality of the actual game and we are not talking about no bugs we are talking about it being fun.

Netflix was a different disruption, one that in gaming already exists. what made Netflix disruptive was not streaming in of itself but rather the fact that I can watch when I want to watch, I can watch past shows, I can watch entire seasons and I can watch anywhere I have a connection, cable TV didnt do that easily. THAT is what was disruptive.

I dont think Microsoft understands gaming deeply enough to understand what matters in gaming.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@Epak_:

I plan on getting Gamepass about two weeks before Sea of Thieves launches and take advantage of the 14 day free trial trying some of the games there that I never played then when SoT hits the street I'll get the full subscription. :)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: gaming is already digital, with the exception of Switch now you play the game from the HDD, so there’s no point in having the disc, besides, you may have the disc but you end up needing the updates.