Microsoft Annual Gaming Revenue Passes $10 Billion, Xbox Live Users Rise

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#51 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
@zaryia said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Sorry herms,

Uhhh, huh? XB being around means more MS Exclusives, which means more PC AAA and AAs.

I believe that, but it still doesn't stop the fact that even in the PC gaming sector, MS is hated these days, almost as much as cows and my fellow sheep

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#52 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@MarkAndExecute:

Good. Another Xbone fan who thinks that MS will have the most powerfull console just because the money.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#53 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@stuff238:

"Most of that “revenue” is from PC, cell phones and other “gaming/entertainment”.

The Xbox division is still a massive flop and loses billions.

And lol at lems not talking about “profit”. Apparently they don’t know the difference between “profit” and “revenue”.

The fact is, Xbox can die at any time with the poor performance the last 20 years. Microsoft can only hide the sales numbers for so long from investors.

Xbox is such shambles they have to use “crossed” to describe things or charts bragging how 1 billion headshots happened in a halo game LMAO"

Salt. Salt as far as the eye can see....and we're just loving it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@sealionact said:

@stuff238:

"Most of that “revenue” is from PC, cell phones and other “gaming/entertainment”.

The Xbox division is still a massive flop and loses billions.

And lol at lems not talking about “profit”. Apparently they don’t know the difference between “profit” and “revenue”.

The fact is, Xbox can die at any time with the poor performance the last 20 years. Microsoft can only hide the sales numbers for so long from investors.

Xbox is such shambles they have to use “crossed” to describe things or charts bragging how 1 billion headshots happened in a halo game LMAO"

Salt. Salt as far as the eye can see....and we're just loving it.

So angry. Not only is revenue on the rise, the Xbox is here to stay and that fact eats you up on the inside. I love it. :)

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:
@zaryia said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Sorry herms,

Uhhh, huh? XB being around means more MS Exclusives, which means more PC AAA and AAs.

I believe that, but it still doesn't stop the fact that even in the PC gaming sector, MS is hated these days, almost as much as cows and my fellow sheep

I've been just fine without Halo Gears Forza. :P

Besides, in the PC world, I think Halo is in the running for the SLOWEST moving FPS.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MarkAndExecute
Member since 2012 • 450 Posts

@mowgly1: Well that's actually the truth. People like to talk about Nintendo and their stacks of cash yet have so little to show for it, like what an underpowered console that can't even do 4k. Yeah they're more concerned with greedmongering than giving gamers a premimum experience.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MarkAndExecute

@lundy86_4: You're not reading my posts. I just told you that a Switch costs $257 to make, not accounting distribution channels and whatnot. Let that sink in. How much money are they actually making? Barely. You're seem to assume that it's the same like the PS3/360/Wii era when its actually a lot different. Get your head out of the gutter. This is 2018, not 2007. Sony just made $1.6 billion last quarter, while MS is making just as much if not more in their division. They have the resources that Nintendo doesn't. Nintendo doesn't have the resources to build a super powerful console, that's why they had to cut corners on Switch production.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I hope Age of Empires IV makes them 10 billion more.

I hope they lose money from it.

Don't say such despicable things!

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Not funny, i'm being serious. I hope it bombs big time, and you mention Steam isn't the new game on Win 10 only?

If it does bomb hopefully MS learn a lesson to not chase the fools gold that is PC.

I still don't understand why.

because its microsoft, no other reason.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts
@MarkAndExecute said:

@lundy86_4: You're not reading my posts. I just told you that a Switch costs $257 to make, not accounting distribution channels and whatnot. Let that sink in. How much money are they actually making? Barely. You're seem to assume that it's the same like the PS3/360/Wii era when its actually a lot different. Get your head out of the gutter. This is 2018, not 2007. Sony just made $1.6 billion last quarter, while MS is making just as much if not more in their division. They have the resources that Nintendo doesn't. Nintendo doesn't have the resources to build a super powerful console, that's why they had to cut corners on Switch production.

Found the Microsoft fan... You can always tell they're a Microsoft fan because they rope in the Xbox One with the PS4. LMAO!

The Xbox One is not bringing much in for Microsoft, which is why they aren't reporting profits. Microsoft makes money through Windows and cloud, not the Xbox division. They actually take a LOSS from the Xbox One division.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@MarkAndExecute: I did read the post. Ninty sells their consoles at a profit, whereas MS and Sony do not. Razor/Razor-blade model. Money is made through their online services (Ninty soon) and through software sales and licensing fees. Until, eventually, as hardware costs decrease, then their profit margins grow.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MarkAndExecute

@lundy86_4: Wrong. Xbox made MS $2.25 billion last quarter, while PS4 made Sony $4.5 billion in the last year. They're actually killing it more Nintendo tbh.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MarkAndExecute

@luxuryheart: You are so horribly misinformed my friend. Check out the article. *drops mic*

https://venturebeat.com/2018/04/26/xbox-made-2-25-billion-for-microsoft-last-quarter/

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#64 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Net Profit?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Sshh, no games now, only division revenue.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ahmedkhan1994 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Not funny, i'm being serious. I hope it bombs big time, and you mention Steam isn't the new game on Win 10 only?

If it does bomb hopefully MS learn a lesson to not chase the fools gold that is PC.

Um you do know i'm a lem right?

@Zero_epyon said:
@i_p_daily said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I never wish for such things, this game is the exception, this game does need to bomb, and I hope it bombs real hard.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Um you do know i'm a lem right?

@Zero_epyon said:
@i_p_daily said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I never wish for such things, this game is the exception, this game does need to bomb, and I hope it bombs real hard.

Why?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@R4gn4r0k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Its a game being made exclusively to PC. Now let me be clear, I do not want to play this game, that's not the problem, the problem for me is that MS has a gaming platform already (Xbox) that has millions of users, and by users I mean subscribers. Now I see this as being a slap in the face as PC gamers need not the console or to pay for gold and yet they are being rewarded with an exclusive game.

MS needs to cater to its paying customers, not to try and please a gaming community that couldn't give a shit about MS one way or the other.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Its a game being made exclusively to PC. Now let me be clear, I do not want to play this game, that's not the problem, the problem for me is that MS has a gaming platform already (Xbox) that has millions of users, and by users I mean subscribers. Now I see this as being a slap in the face as PC gamers need not the console or to pay for gold and yet they are being rewarded with an exclusive game.

MS needs to cater to its paying customers, not to try and please a gaming community that couldn't give a shit about MS one way or the other.

MS doesn’t give a crap about you lems. You guys don’t buy enough games for them to cater to you all the time. They see all the money on PC gaming and want to be part of that. How long will MS continue to shit on you clowns before you get that point?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

You're being selfish and you know it! MS owns Age of Empires 4, it's on Windows 10 and MS made it very clear, they want to support Windows 10, that's it. Either way, being it on Windows 10, PC gamers will support MS anyways and you should be happy they are supporting MS for buying Age of Empires 4.

Age of Empires 3 for me was meh at best, I'm not even hype for Age of Empire 4 at all and will wait on a sale. QK maybe a Cow, but he has a point. MS doesn't give a damn about you, rather you support them or not, they are here to make money and support Windows 10. Nothing more/less.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

You're being selfish and you know it! MS owns Age of Empires 4, it's on Windows 10 and MS made it very clear, they want to support Windows 10, that's it. Either way, being it on Windows 10, PC gamers will support MS anyways and you should be happy they are supporting MS for buying Age of Empires 4.

Age of Empires 3 for me was meh at best, I'm not even hype for Age of Empire 4 at all and will wait on a sale. QK maybe a Cow, but he has a point. MS doesn't give a damn about you, rather you support them or not, they are here to make money and support Windows 10. Nothing more/less.

You're damn right I am as I work hard for my money, I don't give a shit about herms, you chose PC then that's your choice don't come bitching to me about it.

The only people who should be happy are the herms as MS is throwing them a bone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@i_p_daily said:

MS doesn’t give a crap about you lems. You guys don’t buy enough games for them to cater to you all the time. They see all the money on PC gaming and want to be part of that. How long will MS continue to shit on you clowns before you get that point?

Ah look who it is the biggest Sony knob gobbler of all time, well guess what Sony doesn't give a shit about you either.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@i_p_daily: I'm only pointing out MS wants to support Windows 10, that's also their baby besides Xbox brand. I don't wanna see MS losing and with Xbox Play Anywhere+Game Pass, it's a great step in the right direction and that's as much gratitude as I can give'em.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: I'm only pointing out MS wants to support Windows 10, that's also their baby besides Xbox brand. I don't wanna see MS losing and with Xbox Play Anywhere+Game Pass, it's a great step in the right direction and that's as much gratitude as I can give'em.

I don't game on PC, so I don't care about Win 10 or PC gamers.

Get it, got it, good.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@davillain- said:

I feel worse for people who use UWP on PC than people on xbox. At least PC users have a choice, XB users dont.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Ah look who it is the biggest Sony knob gobbler of all time, well guess what Sony doesn't give a shit about you either.

Calls someone a "knob gobbler" while praying praying a game fails because it's not showing up on his failing console.

What an idiot lol. Take your head out of Phil's butt and maybe you'll see the irony in your statement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight: STFU, you never criticize Sony whereas I criticize MS, and yet you say I have my up Phil's arse, it is you who doesn't see the irony.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mowgly1

Still no profits numbers???

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

You're wrong: MS has two platforms: Windows and Xbox.

Thing is they supported Xbox for years with exclusives, even keeping confirmed Windows games off the Windows platform. Doing everything they could to support gaming on Windows as little as possible.

Have you forgotten about that ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@R4gn4r0k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Thing is they supported Xbox for years with exclusives, even keeping confirmed Windows games off the Windows platform. Doing everything they could to support gaming on Windows as little as possible.

Difference is Windows is not a dedicated gaming device like Xbox.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Neither is the xbox by your own logic.

Windows has been running games before the PS even existed let alone the xbox.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@i_p_daily said:

You want them to support one platform but not the other.

On the sole basis of people paying more on one platform.

That's preposterous.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MarkAndExecute

@mowgly1: Profit? MS just bought freaking 5 studios. What has Nintendo done with all that money they made other than giving you a subpar underpowered system and a crappy online service with a severely lacking VC????

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By QuadKnight
@i_p_daily said:

@quadknight: STFU, you never criticize Sony whereas I criticize MS, and yet you say I have my up Phil's arse, it is you who doesn't see the irony.

Sony is delivering the games and that's all I need from them. MS has been shitting in your mouth with mediocrity for years and it's only now that you're realizing that you should get mad and it's because they are releasing a game on another platform that's not your Flopbone. Get your head out of Phil's butt.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@MarkAndExecute: Are you brain dead?

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MarkAndExecute

@vfighter: Why don't you come up with an actual argument instead of acting like a school kid?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

Sony is delivering the games and that's all I need from them. MS has been sitting in your mouth with mediocrity for years and it's only now that you're realizing that you should get mad and it's because they are releasing a game on another platform that's not your Flopbone. Get your head out of Phil's butt.

The dude is so pissed in this thread, lol. You should go check out the Hellblade VR thread. He just got caught lying over there and it's freakin' hilarious.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By QuadKnight
@reduc_ab_ said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

Sony is delivering the games and that's all I need from them. MS has been sitting in your mouth with mediocrity for years and it's only now that you're realizing that you should get mad and it's because they are releasing a game on another platform that's not your Flopbone. Get your head out of Phil's butt.

The dude is so pissed in this thread, lol. You should go check out the Hellblade VR thread. He just got caught lying over there and it's freakin' hilarious.

? That's what lack of games will do to you. He claims to only play racing games but he's here getting mad and wishing games to fail because they are skipping his Flopbone. What happened to playing only racers? Another i_p_my_pants_daily lie lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

Sony is delivering the games and that's all I need from them. MS has been shitting in your mouth with mediocrity for years and it's only now that you're realizing that you should get mad and it's because they are releasing a game on another platform that's not your Flopbone. Get your head out of Phil's butt.

And I like racing games and you say MS is shitting in my mouth, Yeah we're done here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#91 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@i_p_daily: But particulary since FH3 driving games are not real games anymore. Just like 2D games stopped counting since Ori. SW rules, that we all shall abide by.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@phbz said:

@i_p_daily: But particulary since FH3 driving games are not real games anymore. Just like 2D games stopped counting since Ori. SW rules, that we all shall abide by.

Oh yeah I forgot because these racing games are not exclusive they don't exist anymore, because "Xbox has no games" cow logic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#93 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@i_p_daily: Let's just hope next Halo isn't great and Ninja Theory doesn't release an excellent action adventure game or we will be severely limited regarding what is considered a game around here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

? That's what lack of games will do to you. He claims to only play racing games but he's here getting mad and wishing games to fail because they are skipping his Flopbone. What happened to playing only racers? Another i_p_my_pants_daily lie lol.

Where did I make that claim?

You are so desperate for any sort of ownage you're just lying about everything now.

I've said racing games is my favourite genre, not my only one.

I'm awaiting a few links to your claims, may as well add another one that will never show up.

I approve your self ownage.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 LuxuryHeart
@MarkAndExecute said:

@luxuryheart: You are so horribly misinformed my friend. Check out the article. *drops mic*

https://venturebeat.com/2018/04/26/xbox-made-2-25-billion-for-microsoft-last-quarter/

The Gaming Related Revenue includes PC as well. Besides, it's revenue and not profit. *picks mic back up*

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LuxuryHeart
@phbz said:

They never said racing games don't count. The Switch has Mario Kart and the PS4 has Gran Turismo. If racing games didn't count, then that would discredit both of those games. The problem is that Microsoft's most consistent exclusives are racing games, Halo, and Gears. Imagine Sony just released Gran Turismo every fucking year with the occasional Uncharted and Last of Us. Imagine if Nintendo released Mario Kart every year with the occasional 3D Mario and Pokemon. Sure those games are juggernauts and the highest selling exclusives for both systems, but that doesn't mean that they should just consistently rotate those six games (three each).

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mowgly1
@MarkAndExecute said:

@mowgly1: Profit? MS just bought freaking 5 studios. What has Nintendo done with all that money they made other than giving you a subpar underpowered system and a crappy online service with a severely lacking VC????

Yes! Where are the annual profit numbers for Xbox???

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MarkAndExecute

@luxuryheart said:
@MarkAndExecute said:

The Gaming Related Revenue includes PC as well. Besides, it's revenue and not profit. *picks mic back up*

I don't know why you're so fixed on profit. We don't know, could be as little as this, could as much as this. It doesn't matter anyway if its revenue or profit. Either way, if MS really wanted to, they can buy Nintendo and Sony in one fell swoop, probably EA too.

Also, MS has more than enough resources to invest in another uber powerful next gen console. That, is the true testament to a company's buying power.