Microsoft and why the phrase 'True 4K'

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

Lol, this doesn't surprise me after they also used the term "exclusive" all over E3 without actually meaning exclusivity. What a joke.

https://gamerant.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-most-watched-e3-2017-trailer/

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Trailer Was Most Watched of E3 2017.

Multi-platform game wins E3.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@ronvalencia: congratulations

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Notice how MS says "True 4k", but never says "True Exclusives". Huh. Wonder why.

Yes because Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Forza 7, Ori etc are not exclusives right? People need to find a more valid complaint you know like "I don't like their exclusives" or the fan favorite "I can play it on my gaming PC that I created for this argument".

? They aren't but keep damage controlling.

Switch and PS4 have games not playable on other systems and are called exclusives.

Can you play those games on a system not owned by Microsoft? No you can't so they are exclusive to Microsoft => Xbox One/Windows 10 exclusive.

Do you think Microsoft cares if you buy it on Xbox, or PC? Money is money to them, thanks for supporting the gaming division of Microsoft, and thus also supporting XBox.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@Guy_Brohski said:

@Zero_epyon: Xbox One X has more RAM, more Teraflops and has an UHD Blu-ray player. It is simply the most capable console ever built. Every gamer with half a brain knows that it can't run every game at 60fps native 4K at highest settings all of the time. Hell, the best PC GPU can't do that. But no matter how mad it makes you, XB1X's hardware technically outperforms the PS4 "Pro" in every possible way. Sweet dreams, Ponies.

And cows cant figure this out and it is hilarious!

Never said it wasn't more powerful than the pro. Where do you guys get that from?

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@Pedro: Right, it's not like some people actually use gaming PCs by default and buy consoles for the games they *can't* already get...

Blackout55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Blackout55
Member since 2017 • 43 Posts
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Notice how MS says "True 4k", but never says "True Exclusives". Huh. Wonder why.

Yes because Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Forza 7, Ori etc are not exclusives right? People need to find a more valid complaint you know like "I don't like their exclusives" or the fan favorite "I can play it on my gaming PC that I created for this argument".

Switch and PS4 have games not playable on other systems and are called exclusives. Lems live in a fairy tale land where all the games they share with PC are somehow exclusive because they change the meaning of the word to suit their damage control. Sort of like their parent company and "console launch exclusive"

Have you played any xbox/pc exclusive games?

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

These mid gen consoles have been complete flops.

Devs don't care about them and put minimal effort into "enhancements" that need 200% zoom on digital foundry to spot a difference, may as well buy a few games rather than waste money on Pro or XOX.

Both companies shot themselves in the foot for next gen too, because we will now require 4K to be standard next gen, so the jump is going to be miniscule in 3 years time.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

All this means is that MS isn't mandating a resolution to developers. Keep up the spin, cows.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I don't think consoles will be producing native 4k till ps6/xbox 3. Only reason they're claiming 4k graphics is to speed up 4k tv adoption rate. Maybe 5 years the consoles can operate on the same level as an i5 or i7

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ronvalencia

@Celsius765 said:

I don't think consoles will be producing native 4k till ps6/xbox 3. Only reason they're claiming 4k graphics is to speed up 4k tv adoption rate. Maybe 5 years the consoles can operate on the same level as an i5 or i7

Devs will find a way to bloat PS6 and Xbox 3 or any GPUs for that matter. It would be endless battle to stay ahead of the general AAA game's GPU usage vs GPU render power curve.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

All this crap about 4k consoles..

trying to find a list of PS4 Pro games.. and the list is friggin tiny.

Just got a new 55' TV and Surround sound / Audio Receiver ... was genuinley thinking of getting a PS4 pro ... but not anymore, £200 for 3-4 good games that can actually use it?

Count me out.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

If a console doesn't run all their games at native 4K, it's not a 4K device. Until that happens, 4K will be nothing more than a marketing scheme to the console world.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ronvalencia

@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Switch and PS4 have games not playable on other systems and are called exclusives.

Can you play those games on a system not owned by Microsoft? No you can't so they are exclusive to Microsoft => Xbox One/Windows 10 exclusive.

Do you think Microsoft cares if you buy it on Xbox, or PC? Money is money to them, thanks for supporting the gaming division of Microsoft, and thus also supporting XBox.

Cows reflects Japan's envious mentality with Microsoft owning Wintel platform.

TRON(1) was Japan Inc's home grown OS efforts and it was smashed by the American companies e.g. Apple's iOS/MacOS X, Google's Android, Microsoft's Windows and etc.

1. In Japan, the E-Life Strategy Research Group, an independent group formed by the Japanese government's Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry's Commerce and Information Policy Bureau and whose members include the president of a major electronics maker and university professors.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Zero_epyon: MS' marketing is as sharp as ever!

Yup. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know I'll get Native more than I will from the Pro I own. DYNAMIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@davillain- said:

If a console doesn't run all their games at native 4K, it's not a 4K device. Until that happens, 4K will be nothing more than a marketing scheme to the console world.

So PS4 isn't a 1080p console then? And not even a 30fps console

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#66 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Dynamic truth!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

Funny, how Star Wars; Battlefront was 1080p on PS4 and while Xbox One version was only 900p. Interesting indeed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#68 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@davillain-: You are backpedalling from your own "definition" sir.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro: Yeah whatever Mr Pedro.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17420 Posts

@davillain- said:
@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

Funny, how Star Wars; Battlefront was 1080p on PS4 and while Xbox One version was only 900p. Interesting indeed.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DaVillain  Moderator

@navyguy21: Come on, he was asking for it :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@davillain- said:
@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

What does that have to do with it? I'm just asking that if a console needs to run every game natively at 4k to be called a 4k device. If so then the PS4 isn't a 1080p device, and neither is the PS Pro because it had difficulties with Nioh in some occasions.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@davillain-: You made the definition and when called out you conveniently change your claim. Don't hate me because you were inconsistent because it wasn't convenient.?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro: What makes you think I hate you? Hate is a strong word.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Just phrases to trick consumers without explicitly lying.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Pedro

@davillain-: Look a red herring. I love ❤️ those.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DaVillain  Moderator

@FastRobby: I'm just gonna cut to the chase. This whole 4K that both Sony & MS is going for is just a word buzz to generate hype on there upgrade consoles. 4K feels out of place all of a sudden when this gen should have been all about amazing games (yes we do have amazing games now) and at least try innovating.

Nintendo at least get's the idea to not go into 4K marketing buzz.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17420 Posts

@davillain- said:

@FastRobby: I'm just gonna cut to the chase. This whole 4K that both Sony & MS is going for is just a word buzz to generate hype on there upgrade consoles. 4K feels out of place all of a sudden when this gen should have been all about amazing games (yes we do have amazing games now) and at least try innovating.

I agree to an extent.

Even though im capable of playing many games at 4K, i almost alwasy choose to lower resolutionto 1440p/60fps and ultra/max settings.

This 4K push is stupid, i agree with you, but its a product of the console market.

This forum is a perfect example. People bitch about resolution and framerate hitches and the like, rarely do console players care about the details or pushing for 60fps.

So console makers and publishers push for this.

Why finish your game when you can make it pretty and have fanboys fight about which looks better while ignoring flaws?

Take Horizon. My new favorite PS4 game (used to be uncharted) but it had a ton of flaws and glitches........but it looked pretty so fanboys ignore it.

When the pro version runs at 30fps...........its fine..............but when Phil says console gamers dont care about 60.............people jump down his throat.

So yea, this "true 4K" is marketing hype because they have no control over what other publishers do with their games.

This forum is becoming as bad as games journalism.

I miss the days where we argued about details in games, not just resolution.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#79  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

So if I offer a true all money back guarantee does that mean I can dynamically scale how much of the money you actually get back based on how well I'm doing?

I see new business opportunities.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Pedro

@navyguy21: I agree. The mid gen exists because of fanmen and fanmen in the media. More time is spent arguing about specs and resolution than bout games.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

The definition of exclusives is changing, system wars really needs to get a line on this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-13-playstation-now-to-stream-ps4-games-later-this-year

PS4 games will come to PC, what happens then?

The same arguments Its starting to get dull already

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@davillain- said:

I agree that it's all marketing, and I don't even own a 4K tv so I don't care much about it. What I do care about is that video games get everything out of the OneX. If you pay the price for the power, the least developers could do is use 100% of it. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

I agree that it's all marketing, and I don't even own a 4K tv so I don't care much about it. What I do care about is that video games get everything out of the OneX. If you pay the price for the power, the least developers could do is use 100% of it. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Honestly, I think with time that will change. Even the PS4 Pro took a while and it's still pretty slow.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:
@FastRobby said:

Honestly, I think with time that will change. Even the PS4 Pro took a while and it's still pretty slow.

It will definitely change but for now it mostly hype. Even though, that native 4k footage I saw of Forza 7 is very pleasing to eyes but I would be cool with 1080p.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@wolverine4262 said:

All this means is that MS isn't mandating a resolution to developers. Keep up the spin, cows.

Then...there is little to no difference than it compared to PS4 Pro.

Or rather the uncompromised "True 4k" machine labeling that MS and xbox fans have given it is a smoke screen for yet another mid-gen refresh console that offers faux 4k for most games and deliver little value for anyone who isn't heavily invested in wanting 4k.

60fps seems to be out of the question for the vast majority of titles so being able to produce a slightly better fake 4k image is what all this hype has been for this new system from MS?

Sony isn't mandating a resolution to devs either but I have seen posters rip PS4 Pro apart because of the use of checker-boarding, but now with XOX at $100 more checker-boarding/dynamic res is ok with the same people?

Let's have a talk about that "spin" word shall we.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 wolverine4262

@lexxluger: you're ignoring the power gap. In reality games will be at 4k more often than the ps4pro. Because MS allows for multiple techniques to developers and doesn't mandate resolution doesn't negate that power gap.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By lexxluger

@wolverine4262 said:

@lexxluger: you're ignoring the power gap. In reality games will be at 4k more often than the ps4pro. Because MS allows for multiple techniques to developers and doesn't mandate resolution doesn't negate that power gap.

I'm not ignoring anything, I think it's you who is ignoring the reality that NEITHER machine is a True 4k device and simply making excuses for one over the other because it may be your preferred company you want to defend.

Also, who said anything about the power gap between PS4 Pro and XOX? lol you're deflecting and making up arguments that don't exist to gloss over the facts that I stated in my original post.

Because "MS allowing for multiple techniques to develop and doesn't mandate a resolution" is EXACTLY what Sony does with the PS4 Pro.

The gap in power between the two systems is an entirely different argument so Im sorry you failed to follow the argument, might want to check out the thread title then come back and try again.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 wolverine4262

@lexxluger: Wow I can tell by your responses this is quite personal for you for whatever reason.

Going by your logic the only thing that would make you happy is if MS told every studio their game has to be in native 4k, an incredibly stupid thing to force on developers.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lexxluger

@wolverine4262 said:

@lexxluger: Wow I can tell by your responses this is quite personal for you for whatever reason.

Going by your logic the only thing that would make you happy is if MS told every studio their game has to be in native 4k, an incredibly stupid thing to force on developers.

Personal?

lol dude I'm just stating facts. If me stating facts makes you think I'm taking thing personal then you should probably look in the mirror and do some soul searching.

I don't have a dog in the fight, I was just stating my view but when people say hypocritical things and make excuses for one thing when that same thing applies to another then it's pretty clear which person has a "personal" investment in the argument.

Lastly, "I" am not the one who stated xox was the "uncompromising TRUE 4k" machine, it was MS and going by this board the majority of xbox fans as well.

Please don't try to lecture me about what's stupid and not stupid when at the same time trying to defend the native 4k xbox 1 x narrative that has fell apart and now making excuses for how one fake4k machine is better than the other fake4k machine despite trying to crucify the over machine for not having all games run native 4k before hand.

I can deal with the reality and state facts without making selective excuses, if you can't do the same then you should think twice before suggesting someone else is making a discussion "personal".

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 wolverine4262

All I'm hearing still is that MS is in the wrong for not mandating resolution which they very much could have done, again a stupid idea. Just because the system was designed for 4k doesn't mean every developer has to meet that.

The reality is there are already 4k games on the market for the x1x and there will be signifactly more 4k native games than the ps4pro through its life.

And yea your long ass bitter rants come off personal.

Personally for me I think the x1x is a fantastic device but the only real buying points for me are the uhd player not in the ps4pro and the handful of multiplats that will benefit from the power boost not on PC.

As it is I'll have to buy the pro, x1x, and a new GPU to get the best of everything.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@Zero_epyon: Man your full time job is creating MS threads. Does Sony really pay that well, if so can you get me a job :P

Man your full time job is defending MS bullshit in threads,does MS really pay that well,if so can you get me a job :P

@gordonfreeman said:
@i_p_daily said:

@Zero_epyon: Man your full time job is creating MS threads. Does Sony really pay that well, if so can you get me a job :P

He's just mad that this console is going to launch with roughly 40 AAA titles right out of the gate with Xbox One X enhancements and no doubt most of them will be operating at native 4K.

At this point he probably should be getting moderator action, he's probably created 15 threads since E3 all encompassing the same lines of dialog.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

Don't you mean it will launch with 40 multiplatform games which you have not mind paying in inferior form until now? Dynamitecop you sure know how to own your self..

I think they should moderate you first for your 30 alt accounts..lol

@ronvalencia said:

MS learnt from resolution gate i.. their resolution must be higher than the game console competition.

Hahahhaaa 1 year latter and $100 more,when on 2013 the PS4 was $100 less and still deliver 40% more power.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By lexxluger

@wolverine4262 said:

All I'm hearing still is that MS is in the wrong for not mandating resolution which they very much could have done, again a stupid idea. Just because the system was designed for 4k doesn't mean every developer has to meet that.

The reality is there are already 4k games on the market for the x1x and there will be signifactly more 4k native games than the ps4pro through its life.

And yea your long ass bitter rants come off personal.

Personally for me I think the x1x is a fantastic device but the only real buying points for me are the uhd player not in the ps4pro and the handful of multiplats that will benefit from the power boost not on PC.

As it is I'll have to buy the pro, x1x, and a new GPU to get the best of everything.

So...you're the one who took this personal and got emotional? Got ya!

Cool, bro. You're all heavily invested into your xbox fantism and get emotional if someone doesn't share your bias fantastical view. I've got no problem with that but you need to stop projecting your investment feelings onto other posters.

It's not my fault you can't focus on the subject mater of the actual topic "Microsoft and why the phrase 'True 4K'".

Just stop, this ^ was to topic and you clearly aren't capable of engaging in a rational discussion on it.

I was posting on the topic and you were trying to tell me how much better the xbox1x is then PS4 Pro which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the discussion. Way to go. XOX being more powerful than PS4 Pro is news to no one, but MS's message about an uncompressed True 4k machine that has already been shown to fail to meet that marker using some of the same techniques that MS criticized PS4 Pro for using is news.

I guess my posts that weren't full of excuses and hypocrisy to paint XOX as the perfect system upset you and made you lash out at me. All in all I'd say I had a good laugh at you, especially you calling me bitter when you clearly were getting angry at me calling out your faux4k machine for what it is. Fanboys are funny.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By wolverine4262

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, you're hilarious.

Again your only argument is ms is in the wrong for not mandating resolution. Waste of energy.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#94 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Switch does, but PS4 doesn't.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 kvally

@Zero_epyon said:

Stumble upon this article about how Microsoft defines 4K.

What is True 4k Resolution? Is it Native resolution?

Interestingly enough on Xboxwire.com which is basically official Xbox blog, they actually made a post with a frequently asked questions and one of the question was about the true 4k resolution.

So in that page it was actually explained that true 4k resolution may consist of native 4k resolution checkerboard / sparse rendering resolution or dynamic resolution scaling. Which is interesting statement because it means that they are pretty much doing the same thing as Sony does with the dynamic 4k.

So, it’s going to be basically a war between dynamic 4k and true 4k resolution. Interestingly enough none of these companies is actually saying anything about native resolution because they cannot really promise a native resolution in every single game and that’s both for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

After reading that last line, I came to realize that I keep hearing true 4k as opposed to native 4K. That's because the phrase 'True 4K' is the same thing as other buzz phrases like "MotionRate 120" or "TruColor HDR" on TV's.

These phrases let companies say they provide something that's sounds similar to a certain feature without it being the exact same thing. Tv's with TruColor HDR try their hardest to mimic what HDR looks like on a TV that's capable of displaying more colors.

MotionRate 120 is a way to mimic 120hz using a 60hz panel.

The same with MS. They're pushing True 4K and calling their console a True 4K console. But what that really means is that they're delivering a system that puts out 4K like quality along with some actual 4K games. This gets them to say they have a 4K machine without having some or any actual 4K games. It also lets them avoid legal trouble.

MS' marketing is as sharp as ever!

1 year ago-

"Speaking in the video (below), Spencer explained that Scorpio is a "6 teraflop gaming machine, which will be a great gaming machine for true 4K gaming, giving you a native 4K frame buffer so you can see games in all their beauty.

"Or," he continued, "if developers want to use those 6 teraflops in other ways they're free to do that."

Spencer's comments suggest that developers may be able to use Scorpio's additional power to deliver more visually impressive games at a lower resolution, rather than be forced to render at native 4K.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/developers-can-use-scorpios-6-teraflops-however-they-wish-says-spencer

Boom! Looks like that has been their message since day one. NICE.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh great time for gamers.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By PinkAnimal

@kvally: I guess there's no real reason to own the XOX then since it'll be capable to do the same as the Pro while being more expensive and with less games. Boom!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

@kvally: I guess there's no real reason to own the XOX then since it'll be capable to do the same as the Pro while being more expensive and with less games. Boom!

If you think that is the case your in for a big surprise.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 kvally

@pinkanimal: no reason to own a PS Pro since it has no exclusives and is underpowered.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By PinkAnimal

@tdkmillsy: I don't think so. Xbox fanboys have been giving similar warnings the entire gen every time Microsoft makes up a BS marketing term to hype them up and the only surprising thing I've seen is how lackluster the XO is in terms of quality games next to the PS4. Now that the term is "True 4k" instead of cloud or UWP or some other BS like that I'm not going to begin trusting them. In fact it all is pointing towards the outcome being the same: another overhyped BS term.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By lexxluger

@wolverine4262 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, you're hilarious.

Again your only argument is ms is in the wrong for not mandating resolution. Waste of energy.

Glad you're amused.

Maybe you should try making a topic that you can input your arguments and have them actually mean something in the discussion.

like I say bro, don't care if you like the new XOX or PS4 Pro but your argument here was defensive and it was quite clear you couldn't deal with the discussion directly referring to MS's (and many xbox fan) claims about Xbox one X being a native 4k machine when that wasn't/isn't the case.

XOX is a nice piece of equipment and better than PS4 Pro in capability but that wasn't the discussion here and that is what you need to come to grips with.

thumbsup.gif