iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Nintendo Minute released a new video showing off more of Mission Mode from Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Kate the Great and Andre from BlackNerdComedy join Kit and Krysta as they get down on some cool co-op. Game is looking impressive to be a 3DS game and it looks to be more fun then Tri-Force Heroes, which was actually a pretty fun game.

In the ongoing war against the Space Pirates, the Galactic Federation needs help. If you think you have what it takes, then feel free to enlist and choose your role. Choose wisely though, for your all your teams got. Whether you focus on healing or increase damage, your greatest asset is your teamwork.

And if you dont want to help your fellow mech soldiers, dont forget Metroid Prime: Federation Force Blast Ball Demo is available for you to duke it out with others. Its pretty deep to be just a soccer game. Plus its actually fun, unlike soccer.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

Has there been a game that has generated so much skepticism among fans before reviews came in like Federation Force?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'm a huge Metroid fan and loved Other M.

This makes me:

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iandizion713

@onesiphorus: With Nintendo i would say there have been a lot. Seems every gen gamers hate on a few new Nintendo games for switching the style up like they always do. Metroid Prime for one, people just wanted Super Metroid 2. Wind Waker, Super Paper Mario, etc.

Its the price of innovation. It brings fear.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Lets talk about that Asian chick instead of this game.

If we have to discuss this game, who knows what will happen. First, we know 3DS graphics do not translate well to youtube or other online videos. Could this game turn out to be fun and something worth playing? Maybe. The possibility exists where the gaming community could end up with egg on the face. The game looks better than when it was teased at E3'15 but it still isn't THE Metroid game the majority wanted. I'm curious to know if Nintendo will send out copies ahead of launch for review.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iandizion713

@Solaryellow: Not on this one, the hate is too strong. Theyll just drop it for those who want it and be done. For those curious on how she handles, get the demo.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Where does that chain lead to?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

If you really want a Real Metroid game, then play AM2R instead! This is garbage and pending to flop hard

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iandizion713

@FireEmblem_Man: Just try the game out with friends, yall will love it. Its a lot better then playing a wannabe Metroid 2 all by yourself pretending to be something your not.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

How much do you get paid to hype this 5/10 filth?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iandizion713

@locopatho: I do it for the tears. I collect them and put them into my Empty Jars.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

It still looks really slow. and I'm wondering how worthwhile this game really is if you want to play solo or if you want to play online (or is there there even a single player option?).

I'm not against a game mixing things up, I just don't think what Federation Force is trying to be does anything for me (the slowness I mentioned earlier not helping). I also don't think "mixing things up" was really necessary for Metroid when we haven't had a traditional Metroid game since Zero Mission, nor a Prime game since Prime 3. it's been a while since Other M even.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@iandizion713: you sound very desperate to get people to like a game that looks bland and boring. AM2R at least is a remake fans wanted and plays just like the original one, but with updated visuals and an improved gameplay mechanics.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iandizion713

@DJ-Lafleur: You can play with others online or through local co-op. It is slow, your in a pretty big mech. But it fits and helps immersion in a weird way.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

You know, I'm not inherently against a multiplayer based Metroid game, because my brother and I used to play the Prime Hunters demo versus mode on our hour long commute from school in 2004, but at least that game was an ounce Metroidish, and that's without including the campaign either. So yeah, FF will be getting a big pass from me. Prime Hunters looked more aesthetically pleasing as well, and it was almost a DS launch title.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

If you really want a Real Metroid game, then play AM2R instead! This is garbage and pending to flop hard

Also this. AM2R is s high quality Metroid title with or without a Nintendo seal of approval.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Meh

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Lol, now that's what I call trash.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

looks fun as a multiplayer game, I don't have any friends with a 3DS though, I don't see myself having nearly as much fun solo

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

This looks bad, just plain bad.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Mmm, I've heard only good things about it. I thought it was only because it was a stupid move by Nintendo (legally, but stupid)

Guess Ill have to try it myself.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Thanks for turning a top tier franchise into a throw away multiplayer shooter Nintendo

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

Will wait for reviews, but I have to wonder how Hunter looked more like a serious game than this.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iandizion713

@King_Dodongo: I kinda felt it resembled Hunters a lot. Minus the big gigantic mech suits of course. The federation force helmet seems more advanced though.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iandizion713

@speak_low: Cool story bro.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

More and more, I think that it will be a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn it into a poor mans Destiny. And everyone here loves Destiny.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iandizion713

@speak_low: Just means you have a cool story to tell. I enjoyed the story.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#29 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2563 Posts

This game is to Metroid like Operation Raccoon City is to Resident Evil, and to be honest it is an insult that this is released on the 30th anniversary of the franchise.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Solaryellow

@bunchanumbers said:

More and more, I think that it will be a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn it into a poor mans Destiny. And everyone here loves Destiny.

Ideally it would be wonderful if this games turns out to be of good quality. Much like how MS alienated people after the E3 2013 presentation, I fear too many people were left with a sour taste after Reggie essentially said no one (besides those who liked the trailer/game) knew what they were talking about in regards to all of the negative reactions to this game. People are hungry for a new, solid Metroid game but this certainly doesn't appear as if this is the one. Stranger things have happened though.

One thing needs to be said over and over and that is how badly the 3DS graphics are translated to online videos. I've yet to see one video or game play footage that actually looks good. Being fair, Blast Ball looks better in the demo than any video presentation we've seen.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iandizion713

@adsparky: Except this game is made by a good team and not some nobodies. This game also has a purpose, unlike Raccoon City. The industry is in need of more co-op games.

Avatar image for xghostprotocolx
xGhostProtocolx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xGhostProtocolx
Member since 2015 • 193 Posts

TC is trying way to hard to sell this game.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Oh god i forgot about this abomination

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

While I can fully understand why some are upset that this isn't Metroid Prime 4, if it manages to pull off becoming a solid co op shooter on a handheld I'll be satisfied.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iandizion713

@xghostprotocolx said:

TC is trying way to hard to sell this game.

Im not trying to sell it, im just trying to get people to understand it a little more. It might not be the game for you, but it might be just the right game for others. Co-op, download play, local play, online play, etc are all super fun on 3DS with others.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#36 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Honestly the co-op looks like nothing special, but probably fun. The game itself still looks like it's worth existing, but not worthy of having the Metroid name attached to it in any way. Metroid has a specific tone, and it's not this.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Still looks better than metroid prime/10

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
@DJ-Lafleur said:

It still looks really slow. and I'm wondering how worthwhile this game really is if you want to play solo or if you want to play online (or is there there even a single player option?).

I'm not against a game mixing things up, I just don't think what Federation Force is trying to be does anything for me (the slowness I mentioned earlier not helping). I also don't think "mixing things up" was really necessary for Metroid when we haven't had a traditional Metroid game since Zero Mission, nor a Prime game since Prime 3. it's been a while since Other M even.

Oh geez how could I forget to mention how s***ty the art-style is.

I mean, the fact that the game doesn't star Samus? Whatever, I can deal with it. Getting to see the Metroid universe from a different perspective could be cool if anything.

The gameplay? Can't say I'm entirely crazy about it. But that has more to do with footage underwhelming me than me hating it for trying something different.

But seriously, f*** the chibi look. That's the one thing that always bothered me. Who looked at previous art of the Metroid franchise and thought "you know, this is fine and all, but you know what this is lacking? A chibi art-style!"

Goddamn...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

This makes me:

To add my sentiments to Nintendo about this game:

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 silversix_

@MirkoS77 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

This makes me:

To add my sentiments to Nintendo about this game:

They're creating a Metroid game. This is Nintendo's definition of a Metroid game in 2016.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MirkoS77

@silversix_: no, that's not Metroid.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 silversix_

@MirkoS77 said:

@silversix_: no, that's not Metroid.

I'm sorry but Nintendo knows better than you and they mention "Metroid" on the boxart. Its Metroid. This is Metroid with the current Nintendo.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MirkoS77

@silversix_: so what if they call it Metroid? This has nothing to do with any elements that have traditionally defined the franchise. That being, a sense of isolation and foreboding, atmosphere, power ups, backtracking.

Make an RTS game and name it Mario......it isn't Mario. Though FF is a spin-off. At least I'm hoping.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 silversix_

@MirkoS77 said:

@silversix_: so what if they call it Metroid? This has nothing to do with any elements that have traditionally defined the franchise. That being, a sense of isolation and foreboding, atmosphere, power ups, backtracking.

Make an RTS game and name it Mario......it isn't Mario. Though FF is a spin-off. At least I'm hoping.

I don't know about you but i want to play this. It looks fabulous.
I don't know about you but i want to play this. It looks fabulous.

But, this is the idea of a Metroid game that Nintendo has in our day and age. Forget the back tracking, exploration etc. Co-op'ing as a faceless soldier is "Metroid". It isn't a random coincidence that we haven't had a single Metroid game on a console for a long ass time. Nintendo was planning, the plan was to evolve the series. This is their evolution. Its a masterpiece!

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

While I can fully understand why some are upset that this isn't Metroid Prime 4, if it manages to pull off becoming a solid co op shooter on a handheld I'll be satisfied.

Pretty much this. If this game was in a bubble, and released without the Metroid name, people would play it, have fun with it, and set it aside after a given amount of time. If it was its own franchise it might even gain a little cult following and requests for a sequel down the road. But the Metroid name changed all perception of the game.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MirkoS77

@silversix_: ah, I see. Absolutely then.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By iandizion713

@DJ-Lafleur said:
@DJ-Lafleur said:

Oh geez how could I forget to mention how s***ty the art-style is.

I mean, the fact that the game doesn't star Samus? Whatever, I can deal with it. Getting to see the Metroid universe from a different perspective could be cool if anything.

The gameplay? Can't say I'm entirely crazy about it. But that has more to do with footage underwhelming me than me hating it for trying something different.

But seriously, f*** the chibi look. That's the one thing that always bothered me. Who looked at previous art of the Metroid franchise and thought "you know, this is fine and all, but you know what this is lacking? A chibi art-style!"

Goddamn...

I actually like the chibi looking style. You have to remember, this isnt a 2D Sakamoto Metroid game, this is a Metroid Prime series game. I also like that we get to help Samus in this game. Would be weird and make no sense for all 4 players to play as Samus. If your wondering about the gameplay, just try the demo, the gameplay is good.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Hahahaha!

Thanks TC, I needed a good laugh! :D

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

An online fps on the 3ds sounds awful why wouldn't they put this on console

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Solaryellow

@iandizion713 said:

I actually like the chibi looking style. You have to remember, this isnt a 2D Sakamoto Metroid game, this is a Metroid Prime series game. I also like that we get to help Samus in this game. Would be weird and make no sense for all 4 players to play as Samus. If your wondering about the gameplay, just try the demo, the gameplay is good.

Exactly how aware are you of the degree of help associated with Samus? Has that aspect even been touched upon with a thorough degree or has it been a slight blurb by Nintendo?