Metro LL PC vs Metro LL Redux PS4

  • 135 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for -Unreal-
#1 Posted by -Unreal- (24650 posts) -

Audio is broken and quality isn't the best, but it'll do for now.

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
#2 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

I actually lol'd. Fogstation is back. Also, why are Playstation's (3 and 4) colours always so grey and bland?

Next gen is here boys and girls

Avatar image for Snugenz
#3 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

Where did ya get it so early?.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#4 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

Hmmm , interesting . Looking forward to Redux Edition on PC .

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
#5 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4738 posts) -

PS4 colors seem washed out

Avatar image for remiks00
#6 Posted by remiks00 (3791 posts) -

I couldn't really see too much of a difference until they went out unto the surface.Then the PS4 version looked extremely washed out compared to the PC version of LL (nonredux).

Avatar image for silversix_
#7 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

These definitive editions are very definitive

Avatar image for bldgirsh
#8 Posted by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

Wow its so washed out.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#9 Posted by getyeryayasout (11458 posts) -

I'll have to make sure I don't play my console version directly next to someone playing the exact same part of the same game as I am on PC. A lot of people must play their consoles directly next to someone playing the same part of the same game on PC pretty often though. Seems like a real problem.

Avatar image for humanistpotato
#10 Posted by humanistpotato (555 posts) -

So washed out very anti aliasing much next gen wow

Avatar image for m3dude1
#11 Posted by m3dude1 (2244 posts) -

this comparison sucks. waiting on digital foundry for quality videos and screens, tho it seems pretty obvious how its going to turn out.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#12 Posted by SolidGame_basic (22217 posts) -

PC has better hardware...now that's a revelation!

Avatar image for pelvist
#13 Edited by pelvist (6657 posts) -

I was expecting a little bit more from the Redux version TBH. I hope there is more to the PC version of Redux to make me want to buy it. From that video it just looks like the Redux version is a port of the PC version from last year so it seems its pointless buying Redux on PC if we already have Last Light.

Avatar image for PonchoTaco
#15 Posted by PonchoTaco (3182 posts) -

Should have gone with 800p 30fps.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#16 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (12622 posts) -

Looks like a masterpiece.

Avatar image for scatteh316
#17 Posted by scatteh316 (7048 posts) -

@pelvist: Metro LL visually won't look that much different on PC compared to the original release but they're supposed to be adding all the improvements to the visuals made in LL to 2033 so that should show a nice improvement.

Avatar image for dotWithShoes
#19 Posted by dotWithShoes (5367 posts) -

@pelvist said:

I was expecting a little bit more from the Redux version TBH. I hope there is more to the PC version of Redux to make me want to buy it. From that video it just looks like the Redux version is a port of the PC version from last year so it seems its pointless buying Redux on PC if we already have Last Light.

It's not just a port, they completely redid the games. The PC version now supports 4k as well.

Avatar image for Heil68
#20 Posted by Heil68 (57720 posts) -

PS4 version is gorgeous, with true next gen lightning. Easy buy.

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#21 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

Ew. Do not want.

Avatar image for AmazonTreeBoa
#22 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Yeah...I am more than happy with the PC copy I have now. Not going to be buying this redux.

Avatar image for miiiiv
#23 Posted by miiiiv (900 posts) -

At least they aimed for 60fps in the ps4 version. If it's somewhat stable 60 fps it shouldn't bother anyone that they had to sacrifice some graphics quality. I don't think many console gamers actually would have preferred better graphics at 30 fps in a shooter.

Avatar image for intotheminx
#24 Edited by intotheminx (2579 posts) -

The video quality is pure shit. We know how this is going to turn out though.

Avatar image for mikhail
#25 Edited by mikhail (2697 posts) -

How about dat frame rate on PS4? Interested to see if Digital Foundry takes a look at this one.

Avatar image for faizan_faizan
#27 Posted by faizan_faizan (7869 posts) -

@mikhail said:

How about dat frame rate on PS4? Interested to see if Digital Foundry takes a look at this one.

They did. The frame-rate is very stable on the PS4 albeit with occasional hiccups.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-metro-redux-performance-analysis

Avatar image for clyde46
#28 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

A multiplat is better on PC. More news at 11.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
#29 Posted by delete-SimplyFatal (1122 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

PS4 version is gorgeous, with true next gen lightning. Easy buy.

nice b8 m8, i r8 8/8

Avatar image for faizan_faizan
#31 Edited by faizan_faizan (7869 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

It doesn't look that much different to Metro LL on PC (2013 version). I guess the characters are better animated and stuff?

Not really. The animations looked the same and I doubt they would improve them.

Avatar image for -Unreal-
#32 Edited by -Unreal- (24650 posts) -

The PC version of Redux also looks worse in some areas. Metro 2033's lighting and depth of field effects are a lot less demanding. Seems tesselation is also turned off on some objects/surfaces. But a lot of textures and general look of a lot of areas are better.

PS4/XBO don't have any tesselation at all I believe. They don't have PhysX either (apart from pre-animated things like the cloth sheet on the car) and I've read the volumetric lighting is almost completely gone.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#33 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

Cinematic Fog.

Avatar image for NFJSupreme
#34 Posted by NFJSupreme (6491 posts) -

no surprises here

Avatar image for AM-Gamer
#35 Posted by AM-Gamer (8116 posts) -

Are we using compressed video footage and bad gamma settings to judge games. Come on Herms.

Avatar image for bldgirsh
#36 Posted by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

Are we using compressed video footage and bad gamma settings to judge games. Come on Herms.

So which comparison should we look on? Because the gamespot's one only does the past and remastered game. No, PC vs PS4 vs Xbone comparison. (coincidence?)

Avatar image for g0ddyX
#37 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

How is the Wii U version looking like?

PC games are always better looking, even on the unofficial games and unlegal ports.
Some people must be new here.

Avatar image for mr_huggles_dog
#38 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

PS4 looks good.....maybe I'll pick it up.

Still haven't finished it on PC yet.

Avatar image for Vecna
#39 Edited by Vecna (3425 posts) -

PS4 version looks like ass. These are sad times for console players indeed.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#40 Edited by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

The problem with this is that they changed the lighting in the Redux version so the PC version of Redux could have that washed out look too for all we know. You're comparing old with new on two different platforms

The PS4 version still looks good and runs at 60fps.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#41 Posted by m3dude1 (2244 posts) -
Loading Video...

proper comparison until DF. as suspected the only real difference will be the ability to play at higher resolutions

Avatar image for -Unreal-
#42 Posted by -Unreal- (24650 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

proper comparison until DF. as suspected the only real difference will be the ability to play at higher resolutions

Tesselation, volumetric lighting and PhysX (fog, sparks, glass shards, cloth physics, smoke, concrete debris/breakage) are either missing or noticeably reduced on PotatoStation 4 and PotatoBox One.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#43 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

@m3dude1 said:

proper comparison until DF. as suspected the only real difference will be the ability to play at higher resolutions

Tesselation, volumetric lighting and PhysX (fog, sparks, glass shards, cloth physics, smoke, concrete debris/breakage) are either missing or noticeably reduced on PotatoStation 4 and PotatoBox One.

You're talking to someone who think Crysis2/3 looked same on 360 and ps3.

Avatar image for topgunmv
#44 Posted by topgunmv (10747 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:
Loading Video...

proper comparison until DF. as suspected the only real difference will be the ability to play at higher resolutions

PS4 version still looks washed out in some scenes.

Avatar image for MK-Professor
#45 Edited by MK-Professor (4137 posts) -

I wander if the PC version of Redux have an option to revert the lighting like it was on the original nonRedux, because the lighting now it doesn’t look very good. If not, then I need to get the original metro LL now before it disappears from steam.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#46 Edited by lamprey263 (34425 posts) -

I was disappointed with the GameSpot coverage of it. Having already played 2033 on the Xbox 360 a great deal and Last Light on the PS3, I was hoping that they'd give a review or preview that detailed the changes to a greater degree. I heard a while back that weapon customization of Last Light was coming to 2033, and I would have liked to see that touched upon but no. No coverage on whether hit detection of 2033 was fixed to be more reliable like last light. They did say something about being able to change filter pick-ups to make them more abundant like Last Light, as 2033's filter pick-up seemed to be dependent on the player's available airtime and not truly randomized or permanently placed. They didn't talk about how 2033's scene transitions were supposed to be made more seamless and showed any examples. They basically covered it like they were covering it for people who never played it.

As for PS games looking washed out, as people mention, I think I read something recently that explained it. On the PS3 it was because under the systems RGB settings are default set to limited, and switching it to full makes a big difference. There's also some discussion if turning on super-white makes a difference in clarity. Anyhow, I wonder if the PS4 defaults those settings the same way, that'd explain the washed out look maybe.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#47 Posted by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

The problem with this is that they changed the lighting in the Redux version so the PC version of Redux could have that washed out look too for all we know. You're comparing old with new on two different platforms

The PS4 version still looks good and runs at 60fps.

They made the redux version of Last Light less impressive than actual Last Light. What is this tom foolery?

Avatar image for donalbane
#48 Edited by donalbane (16383 posts) -

Textures don't look so good close up. Also, the sky is the limit on the frame rate for these on PC... I can't wait to play it on in 3D... this game is the plutonic ideal of a great looking 3D game.

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#49 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@pelvist: Metro LL visually won't look that much different on PC compared to the original release but they're supposed to be adding all the improvements to the visuals made in LL to 2033 so that should show a nice improvement.

Yeah I definitely won't be buying LL redux, just the original metro 2033 redux. It's simply not worth the same value. Espeically for me considering the last time I played LL was within the last month.

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#50 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

As for PS games looking washed out, as people mention, I think I read something recently that explained it. On the PS3 it was because under the systems RGB settings are default set to limited, and switching it to full makes a big difference. There's also some discussion if turning on super-white makes a difference in clarity. Anyhow, I wonder if the PS4 defaults those settings the same way, that'd explain the washed out look maybe.

That simply doesn't make sense. The people making these comparisons presumably have their shit together, so the RGB settings SHOULD be turned on. If not, then they're just incompetent (I highly doubt it).